PDA

View Full Version : WWW.FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG is now live!!!

HowardW56
12-25-2012, 5:07 PM
FPC - the Firearms Policy Coalition website is now live.

WWW.FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG (http://www.FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG)

There is more work to be done on the website, but it is functional. More features are being developed and will be included very soon....

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt321/HowardW56/FPC_991-1_zps948238fe.jpg

DonFerrando
12-25-2012, 5:20 PM
Excellent!!

RMP91
12-25-2012, 5:21 PM
And so it begins...

HowardW56
12-25-2012, 5:24 PM
The goal is to replicate the success of stopSB249.org on a greater scale!

To succeed people need to get involved.....

NoJoke
12-25-2012, 5:28 PM
IN!

DonFerrando
12-25-2012, 5:32 PM
Who is doing your graphic design? I quiet like it.

HowardW56
12-25-2012, 5:34 PM
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/foghorn/introducing-the-firearms-policy-coalition/#more-181523

wildhawker
12-25-2012, 5:35 PM
Who is doing your graphic design? I quiet like it.

Frank Federau (Zebra), who also did Stop SB 249.

-Brandon

DonFerrando
12-25-2012, 5:39 PM
Frank Federau (Zebra), who also did Stop SB 249.

-Brandon

Two thumbs up!

goober
12-25-2012, 6:28 PM
YES!

Dantedamean
12-25-2012, 6:36 PM
Nice

mt4design
12-25-2012, 6:38 PM
Excellent! Will absolutely join. Thank you!

Mike

mud99
12-25-2012, 7:18 PM
Sign up page is a little wonky on iPad, also Amex flagged the transaction immediately as fraudulent, signed up with PayPal instead.

HowardW56
12-25-2012, 7:27 PM
Sign up page is a little wonky on iPad, also Amex flagged the transaction immediately as fraudulent, signed up with PayPal instead.

There are bound to be some issues, it's been up for 2 hours...

scrubb
12-25-2012, 7:31 PM
FPC - the Firearms Polcy Coalition website is now live.

There is more work to be done on the website, but it is functional. More features are being developed and will be included very soon....

This is great! You ROCK! :punk: Thank you for your efforts.

Curious though, why is the NRA left off of the donation page? Staying united would being including the NRA and CRPA as well. CRPA already filed a lawsuit against De Leon's ammo bill. Just axin'!

Capybara
12-25-2012, 7:40 PM
Really digging the design, simple, clean, straightforward, everything in good web design 101. Nicely done gentleman (and ladies?)

mud99
12-25-2012, 7:51 PM
There are bound to be some issues, it's been up for 2 hours...

Sure, just thought you guys would want to know.

CitaDeL
12-25-2012, 8:09 PM
It IS a Merry Christmas after all...
It's a great gift and its one size fits all...

chknlyps2
12-25-2012, 8:11 PM
Just joined all 4 and used paypal..... Thanks!

DrDavid
12-25-2012, 8:51 PM
Really digging the design, simple, clean, straightforward, everything in good web design 101. Nicely done gentleman (and ladies?)

Thanks! It was definitely a team effort :) Still more work to do, but, it'll get done!

epilepticninja
12-25-2012, 9:17 PM
Joined. It's going to be a long battle.

CaliforniaLiberal
12-25-2012, 9:18 PM
Bravo!!

Congratulations to you and to all of us. And so our strength is founded in Adversity.

Scarecrow Repair
12-25-2012, 9:27 PM
Looks like a comma between GUN and OWNERS.

Wildhawk66
12-25-2012, 9:29 PM
A coordinated effort is ideal. Joined.

Adeodatus
12-25-2012, 9:30 PM
Awesome! Joined and donated!

DrDavid
12-25-2012, 9:32 PM
Looks like a comma between GUN and OWNERS.

Damnit, now I can't unsee that! :rolleyes:

MattyB
12-25-2012, 9:38 PM
I went to sign up and the mailing list is not properly programmed. I cannot add a city or zip code to add myself to your volunteer list.

EDIT: nevermind is my screen formatting.

ThePatriot
12-25-2012, 9:40 PM
All signed up! Thanks for pulling this together.

DrDavid
12-25-2012, 9:52 PM
I went to sign up and the mailing list is not properly programmed. I cannot add a city or zip code to add myself to your volunteer list.

You're talking about the Volunteer form? Right? As opposed to the Take Action and/or Join/Donate forms...

Scarecrow Repair
12-25-2012, 9:58 PM
I already have a monthly donation set up to CGF. Should I switch that to FPC for any paperwork reason? And are donations via FPC still tax deductible? I always like making sure gun grabbers pay part of my donation since they take so much of my money.

I don't quite understand the point of FPC -- since I still need to make individual donations, what's the advantage of the extra donating layer vs sending it straight to CGF?

Scarecrow Repair
12-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Damnit, now I can't unsee that! :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a near-perfect fit fontwise, spacing, everything, almost like someone put a comma there, then chose a picture to match.

MattyB
12-25-2012, 10:08 PM
You're talking about the Volunteer form? Right? As opposed to the Take Action and/or Join/Donate forms...

It was all of them. I think my screen resolution screwed it up. I changed it and everything fell into place.

jcjt
12-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Joined!

Sinestr
12-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Will the money collected for each individual organization go to one concerted effort against these bills, or will it be broken down into specific areas ?

CaliforniaLiberal
12-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Will the money collected for each individual organization go to one concerted effort against these bills, or will it be broken down into specific areas ?

My understanding is that CalGuns Foundation is prohibited from political advocacy, but it can act to protect the 2nd Amendment from California gun law by bringing suit in courts and supporting the defense of persecuted, honest gun owners.

Will the FPC be in the same classification or will it be supporting lobbying efforts?

jdberger
12-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Amazing work by the FPC folks. Y'all realize that they worked through Christmas to get this thing going? Wow.

Well done.

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 12:05 AM
This is great! You ROCK! :punk: Thank you for your efforts.

Curious though, why is the NRA left off of the donation page? Staying united would being including the NRA and CRPA as well. CRPA already filed a lawsuit against De Leon's ammo bill. Just axin'!

FPC is a true coalition. If NRA and CRPA are interested in partnering and bringing something to the table, we would welcome their commitment.

I already have a monthly donation set up to CGF. Should I switch that to FPC for any paperwork reason? And are donations via FPC still tax deductible? I always like making sure gun grabbers pay part of my donation since they take so much of my money.

I don't quite understand the point of FPC -- since I still need to make individual donations, what's the advantage of the extra donating layer vs sending it straight to CGF?

If you're already contributing through the individual organizations' websites/mailing address/however, just keep doing that.

Remember, the primary goal of FPC is not fundraising - it's issue advocacy. Said differently, we're asking people to not forget that advocacy is expensive. The functionality of the platform will continue to grow as will the money we will spend reducing friction and increasing efficiency. We're *very* committed to the "intuitive, interesting, and effective" philosophy.

The money that is contributed through FPC will go to the organization(s) you specify in the amount(s) you designate.

My understanding is that CalGuns Foundation is prohibited from political advocacy, but it can act to protect the 2nd Amendment from California gun law by bringing suit in courts and supporting the defense of persecuted, honest gun owners.

Will the FPC be in the same classification or will it be supporting lobbying efforts?

Not quite. CGF is legally allowed to limitedly lobby; we've actually done that in the past. CGF (and SAF) *cannot* take positions on individual races for public office.

FPC is not an organization, it's a coalition. The lobbying organizations, in the current iteration of the Coalition, will be CCRKBA and Cal-FFL.

Amazing work by the FPC folks. Y'all realize that they worked through Christmas to get this thing going? Wow.

Well done.

Our team is amazing, and I'd especially like to thank Frank Federau, David Wolf, Steve Burnett, Bobbie Ross, Craig Lonquist,
Edward Mitchell, Howard Wilner, John Simutis, and a few people who'll remain nameless for their extraordinary efforts to make this vision a reality.

These are, indeed, exciting times.

-Brandon

K_SNIPER
12-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Joined and donated...!

A tremendous thanks for getting this all set up through the holidays...!

NotEnufGarage
12-26-2012, 1:27 AM
Joined and donated...

We need bumper/window stickers and flyers to distribute to gun shops and ranges to spread the word beyond our (not so little) community.

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 1:38 AM
Joined and donated...

We need bumper/window stickers and flyers to distribute to gun shops and ranges to spread the word beyond our (not so little) community.

Very much coming: email abailey@calgunsfoundation.org to get into the first-tier volunteer queue.

-Brandon

Hogstir
12-26-2012, 8:06 AM
Joined and donated all.

SpunkyJivl
12-26-2012, 8:23 AM
Awesome. Just joined.

JTecalo
12-26-2012, 8:32 AM
Joined and donated, checked donation to CGF but it sent the donation to CCRKBA instead.

As long as someone gets it that can help the cause then it is ok by me.

jrock
12-26-2012, 8:47 AM
Good work all!
Im in $.

**Grammer note. Third paragraph:
"...-Your rights-has been..."
Maybe switch "has" to "have" as "your rights" =plural.

Edit: diregard above^. Act of defending= has

Whoops. Carry on.

steelciocc
12-26-2012, 8:50 AM
HowardW56
12-26-2012, 9:43 AM
Calgunners that use Facebook should share the Facebook page too...

Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/theACAV/posts/454565261273112?ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/gunpolicy)

NotEnufGarage
12-26-2012, 9:48 AM
Calgunners that use Facebook should share the Facebook page too...

Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/theACAV/posts/454565261273112?ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/gunpolicy)

I don't do Facebook any longer, but you should provide graphics for people to put on their profiles to show support...

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't do Facebook any longer, but you should provide graphics for people to put on their profiles to show support...

Let me check if we can accomodate that request...

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt321/HowardW56/FPCLOGO_zps2ffe23c4.jpg

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Joined and donated, checked donation to CGF but it sent the donation to CCRKBA instead.

As long as someone gets it that can help the cause then it is ok by me.

Whatever you directed to CGF will be received by CGF.

-Brandon

JTecalo
12-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Whatever you directed to CGF will be received by CGF.

-Brandon
thanks for the clarification Brandon. It really doesn't matter but I guess I have a bit of tunnel vision right now.
Jim

Is there a login required for that site? I don't remember being asked for a password.

chknlyps2
12-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Very much coming: email abailey@calgunsfoundation.org to get into the first-tier volunteer queue.

-Brandon

I also signed up on the volunteer page, should I email the above address also to get stuff to take to ranges and gun shops?

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I also signed up on the volunteer page, should I email the above address also to get stuff to take to ranges and gun shops?

You can go ahead and e-mail Aaron, he'll notify you once that is ready to rollout....

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
thanks for the clarification Brandon. It really doesn't matter but I guess I have a bit of tunnel vision right now.
Jim

Is there a login required for that site? I don't remember being asked for a password.

No login required at this time.

-Brandon

sully007
12-26-2012, 10:53 AM
If you google it, it will take you to www.gunpolicy.org

My bad. I left out the "S"

Still not a good link by google.

Just Saying!

FoxTrot87
12-26-2012, 10:53 AM
I did a double sunshine initiative last month but just joined and threw in my ammo money. Lets do this.

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I did a double sunshine initiative last month but just joined and threw in my ammo money. Lets do this.

Thank you very much. What you've done is the difference between a casual shooter and someone who genuinely understands that there won't be much shooting in the future unless we win NOW.

-Brandon

Montu
12-26-2012, 11:05 AM
web sense @ work

"This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content."

Mrbroom
12-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Best 50 bucks I ever spent!! And a deal too!! Join 4 great organizations for one low price!!

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 1:22 PM

Thank you very much. What you've done is the difference between a casual shooter and someone who genuinely understands that there won't be much shooting in the future unless we win NOW.

-Brandon

Very true...

socalsheepdog
12-26-2012, 1:48 PM

I bet there are plenty of people on this board who would gladly participate in shooting a real photo of a real shooter who knows how to hold a handgun. My advise is to get rid of this "istock" photo and make it "REAL", as you have put it. If you photograph a woman for this, make sure she has painted nails so they don't look like Man hands. A bit more of a smile to make it look a little less threatening. This is as much of a PR game as it is a fight for our rights. You might even consider a rotating header with several "REAL" people of varying age, sex and culture. Just my thoughts. Good luck and I will sign up soon.

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-10574717-woman-wearing-eye-and-ear-protection-at-a-gun-range.php

taperxz
12-26-2012, 2:03 PM
I bet there are plenty of people on this board who would gladly participate in shooting a real photo of a real shooter who knows how to hold a handgun. My advise is to get rid of this "istock" photo and make it "REAL", as you have put it. If you photograph a woman for this, make sure she has painted nails so they don't look like Man hands. A bit more of a smile to make it look a little less threatening. This is as much of a PR game as it is a fight for our rights. You might even consider a rotating header with several "REAL" people of varying age, sex and culture. Just my thoughts. Good luck and I will sign up soon.

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-10574717-woman-wearing-eye-and-ear-protection-at-a-gun-range.php

What? :facepalm:

wjc
12-26-2012, 2:38 PM
It's a Christmas Miracle!

nice job, guys!

FABIO GETS GOOSED!!!
12-26-2012, 2:49 PM
A bit more of a smile to make it look a little less threatening.

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/7760999/2/stock-photo-7760999-indian-telephone-support-agent.jpg

:laugh:

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 3:38 PM

If the photograph is your only concern, are you concerned about gun rights? Think about it....

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 3:39 PM
http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/7760999/2/stock-photo-7760999-indian-telephone-support-agent.jpg

:laugh:

The laughing smiley is better than LOL.......

socalsheepdog
12-26-2012, 3:54 PM
Just pointing out some things that I think can be made to look better. I feel what I had to say was fairly constructive, was it not? You can not argue that image plays a roll in all this. I think the artwork representing gun rights activists should represent us the best way possible. This photo does not. The rest of the site looks nice. This is an easy fix. I am on your side dude, don't question my loyalty to the fight. I will happily reimburse you for the $21.00 you spent on the stock photo if this is a money issue.

I also did not give critique without offering up some suggestions. You don't find that all that often on the intrawebs,

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 4:02 PM
Just pointing out some things that I think can be made to look better. I feel what I had to say was fairly constructive, was it not? You can not argue that image plays a roll in all this. I think the artwork representing gun rights activists should represent us the best way possible. This photo does not. The rest of the site looks nice. This is an easy fix. I am on your side dude, don't question my loyalty to the fight. I will happily reimburse you for the $21.00 you spent on the stock photo if this is a money issue.

I also did not give critique without offering up some suggestions. You don't find that all that often on the intrawebs,

You are critiquing the initial rollout of the page, which was completed in very short time. It will improve and evolve. The photo is temporary, and adequate for the time being.

The primary issues that require attention are in Sacramento, and Washington DC...

kcbrown
12-26-2012, 4:09 PM
Wow. Talk about an awesome Christmas present! You guys are amazing.

One question: how does the whole tax deductibility thing work when donating through FPC? I'm about to donate to both SAF and CGF, and will be happy to do so through FPC if doing so would be more beneficial overall.

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 4:15 PM
Wow. Talk about an awesome Christmas present! You guys are awesome.

One question: how does the whole tax deductibility thing work when donating through FPC? I'm about to donate to both SAF and CGF, and will be happy to do so through FPC if doing so would be more beneficial overall.

kcbrown, I sent the question along, I don't know the answer... Waiting for a reply...

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 4:21 PM
Wow. Talk about an awesome Christmas present! You guys are amazing.

kcbrown, I sent the question along, I don't know the answer... Waiting for a reply...

kcbrown, I received the answer......

Donations for CGF/SAF that are made for tax deduction eligibility should be made through http://calgunsfoundation.org/donate (http://calgunsfoundation.org/donate) and/or http://saf.org/donate (http://saf.org/donate)

NoJoke
12-26-2012, 4:22 PM

]

I've crossposted this annoucement to another web site. One question that popped up was percentage of donations going to actual work vs overhead. Any stat's on that? There was a mention of concern about being NRA like.

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 4:28 PM
I've crossposted this annoucement to another web site. One question that popped up was percentage of donations going to actual work vs overhead. Any stat's on that? There was a mention of concern about being NRA like.

For the Firearms Policy Coalition so far it has been almost entirely a volunteer effort. There are some expenses, website hosting, Pay Pal Fees, misc costs associated with getting up & running...

*CGF, runs very lean... corrected.....

I can't answer for SAF...

Zebra
12-26-2012, 4:38 PM
You do make a very good point. The site was created in just a few days – I am certain that David has a few more grey hairs now than he had last week.

I can always use high quality photos, both for web and print applications. Do you want to start collecting?

Frank

kcbrown
12-26-2012, 4:44 PM
kcbrown, I received the answer......

Donations for CGF/SAF that are made for tax deduction eligibility should be made through http://calgunsfoundation.org/donate (http://calgunsfoundation.org/donate) and/or http://saf.org/donate (http://saf.org/donate)

Thanks very much for that.

Another question: does FPC itself need donations for its own purposes? If so, then I'll be happy to contribute to that cause as well! My suspicion is that the answer is "yes".

Finally, if the answer is "yes", is there any way I can donate via check? I ask because I tend to like to use my bill pay system for these things since it gets me tracking automatically (useful for tax purposes, though if donations directly to FPC aren't tax deductible, then I can use whatever means is best for the organization).

HowardW56
12-26-2012, 5:19 PM
Thanks very much for that.

Another question: does FPC itself need donations for its own purposes? If so, then I'll be happy to contribute to that cause as well! My suspicion is that the answer is "yes".

Finally, if the answer is "yes", is there any way I can donate via check? I ask because I tend to like to use my bill pay system for these things since it gets me tracking automatically (useful for tax purposes, though if donations directly to FPC aren't tax deductible, then I can use whatever means is best for the organization).

Firearms Policy Coalition is a true coalition; each organization contributes differently to the overall platform and its various efforts. SAF & CGF contribute legal support and educational info, CCRKBA & Cal-FFL lobby policymakers and contribute bill proposals and analysis.

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 6:23 PM

FPC has no overhead as it is a coalition. The coalition organizations are still independent, but working together as permissible and prudent to achieve an overarching goal: advancing your Second Amendment rights. You can view and download each of the relevant 501(c)x orgs' form 990s here: http://calffl.org/archive/gunorg990s.

-Brandon

socalsheepdog
12-26-2012, 7:12 PM
You do make a very good point. The site was created in just a few days – I am certain that David has a few more grey hairs now than he had last week.

I can always use high quality photos, both for web and print applications. Do you want to start collecting?

Frank

I would be willing to help shoot any assets you guys need. Would be cool to shoot 50 to 60 people on a green screen, shoulder to shoulder and treat it as a continues looping panoramic of REAL people. Participants could pay a small fee, say $10 to help rent the studio and would then get a copy of their photo to do what they want with. Maybe organize a BBQ for participants the day of the shoot. Just some thoughts.

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 7:39 PM
We'd be pleased to pay for any pro shoots.

Photos, videos, motion infographics; all are desired and appreciated.

-Brandon

wildhawker
12-26-2012, 7:39 PM
We'd be pleased to pay for any pro shoots.

Photos, videos, motion infographics; all are desired and appreciated.

-Brandon

taperxz
12-26-2012, 8:19 PM
I would be willing to help shoot any assets you guys need. Would be cool to shoot 50 to 60 people on a green screen, shoulder to shoulder and treat it as a continues looping panoramic of REAL people. Participants could pay a small fee, say $10 to help rent the studio and would then get a copy of their photo to do what they want with. Maybe organize a BBQ for participants the day of the shoot. Just some thoughts.

Brandon knows how to get a hold of me! If he wants to do real shoots he knows he can come to my place and shoot and get anything he wants. FREE OF CHARGE! I live in 'FREE CA"!

taperxz
12-26-2012, 8:26 PM
Oh and by the way!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the President of Calguns Shooting Sports Association (jacob, penny's dad) seems to dismiss my calls of volunteering to help this org.

I still will leave the option open to Brandon to utilize this resource.

jpigeon
12-26-2012, 8:28 PM
GOOD!!

DVSmith
12-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Brandon, what is the tax status of this organization? If it isn't tax exempt, why would you ask someone to donate to you instead of to one of the tax exempt coalition members? I doubt that my tax adviser would allow me to deduct a donation to you just because I claimed you were going to pass it along to another org that was tax exempt.

Could you please clarify this?

Thanks

socalsheepdog
12-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Brandon knows how to get a hold of me! If he wants to do real shoots he knows he can come to my place and shoot and get anything he wants. FREE OF CHARGE! I live in 'FREE CA"!

Oh and by the way!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the President of Calguns Shooting Sports Association (jacob, penny's dad) seems to dismiss my calls of volunteering to help this org.

I still will leave the option open to Brandon to utilize this resource.

Looks like taper has it covered. 11 explanation points of passion is bound to produce some good creative.

wildhawker
12-27-2012, 12:10 AM
It was clarified earlier, but to restate:

FPC is not a separate organization. You can't give money to it. You can *only* contribute to the member organizations. All funds collected through the FPC website will be distributed to the organization(s) you choose in the amount(s) you specify.

Only registered 501(c)3 charitable organizations may offer tax-deductible donations and only when you contribute directly. There are currently only 2 501(c)3 organizations in FPC (CGF & SAF) but do keep in mind that those are only part of the efforts; I'd hope that the lobbying organizations (CCRKBA & CAL-FFL) would be at least equally supported as they will be the ones fighting it out in Sacramento this year.

-Brandon

Brandon, what is the tax status of this organization? If it isn't tax exempt, why would you ask someone to donate to you instead of to one of the tax exempt coalition members? I doubt that my tax adviser would allow me to deduct a donation to you just because I claimed you were going to pass it along to another org that was tax exempt.

Could you please clarify this?

Thanks

rimfire78
12-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Just Joined!

tkjr
12-27-2012, 1:20 AM
just joined all 4 over the last 2 days!

NoJoke
12-27-2012, 9:26 AM
So, I posted a link on Cal CCW to spread the word.
I received replies of speculation regarding authenticity AND the thread was closed since "General CCW discussions" is, I'm told, for "This forum is highly focused on CCW's. This thread is more for a general firearms forum."

I swear I was in attendance, on Dec 6th at the 9th district courthouse hearing a CGF oral argument supporting "shall issue" - a general CCW discussion topic and a part of the coalition.

Weird stuff....

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general-ccw-discussion/21594-www-firearmspolicy-org-now-live.html

wildhawker
12-27-2012, 9:46 AM
CalCCW stifling discussion about things [CGF] they don't like? #shockedface.

-Brandon

gunsandrockets
12-27-2012, 11:08 AM

D'oh!

DrDavid
12-27-2012, 11:09 AM
I am certain that David has a few more grey hairs now than he had last week.
Understatement of the year. :oji:

SlobRay
12-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I see that FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG is comprised of 2 national organizations CCRKBA and SAF, which are pretty much the same) and 2 state level organizations (CGF and CAL-FFL) and also understand that it is still in its infancy. I would like to know if FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG has officially extended the olive branch to all of the other grassroots, state and national gun rights organizations and asked them to join, if not are you going to?

It would be beneficial for all to have at least one place they could set aside their differences and all come together for the greater good of gun owners. If every gun rights advocacy group came together we might be unstoppable. I also think that by joining it would help the smaller organizations to get their names out there and may help them with membership.

Ray

wildhawker
12-27-2012, 12:14 PM
My intention and our plan is to bring on at least one strong state-level organization from each of the states, focusing first on the "battleground states" where gun owners' rights are most at risk today.

I believe FPC represents an opportunity for productive cooperation and unity among the gun rights organizations across the U.S. To the extent that we can help drive local org membership, that does nothing but help our cause.

-Brandon

I see that FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG is comprised of 2 national organizations CCRKBA and SAF, which are pretty much the same) and 2 state level organizations (CGF and CAL-FFL) and also understand that it is still in its infancy. I would like to know if FIREARMSPOLICY.ORG has officially extended the olive branch to all of the other grassroots, state and national gun rights organizations and asked them to join, if not are you going to?

It would be beneficial for all to have at least one place they could set aside their differences and all come together for the greater good of gun owners. If every gun rights advocacy group came together we might be unstoppable. I also think that by joining it would help the smaller organizations to get their names out there and may help them with membership.

Ray

SlobRay
12-27-2012, 3:28 PM
My intention and our plan is to bring on at least one strong state-level organization from each of the states, focusing first on the "battleground states" where gun owners' rights are most at risk today.

Great, I have already mentioned this coalition to friends all over the country (most Military and/or prior Military) and asked them to join. Now I will contact them again and ask them to bring this to the attention of any local groups they may be involved with.

I believe FPC represents an opportunity for productive cooperation and unity among the gun rights organizations across the U.S. To the extent that we can help drive local org membership, that does nothing but help our cause.

-Brandon

What about other National Org's being brought in? Or do you think that it would become a 8==D measuring contest and create infighting?

Ray

HowardW56
12-27-2012, 6:19 PM
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt321/HowardW56/1264659_380737792018012_1072313615_n_zpsbea6d014.p ng

NoJoke
12-27-2012, 6:23 PM
WIN! I like where this is going. :D

animossity
12-27-2012, 6:41 PM
Joined and Donated, pass this on people.

wildhawker
12-27-2012, 6:56 PM
Great, I have already mentioned this coalition to friends all over the country (most Military and/or prior Military) and asked them to join. Now I will contact them again and ask them to bring this to the attention of any local groups they may be involved with.

Your support is appreciated.

What about other National Org's being brought in? Or do you think that it would become a 8==D measuring contest and create infighting?

I'd welcome a conversation with any state-level or national gun rights organization who genuinely wants to work together, contribute, and isn't toxic. http://www.firearmspolicy.org/contact.

-Brandon

Twiggz
12-27-2012, 7:07 PM
Joined and donated

bubbapug1
12-27-2012, 7:13 PM
CalCCW stifling discussion about things [CGF] they don't like? #shockedface.

-Brandon

Gosh, that's the same thing you and taperxz did to my thread when I suggested a march. Not that I was surprised....just disappointed, but not surprised.

wildhawker
12-27-2012, 7:22 PM
Your reading comprehension seems to track your political acumen. Perhaps you'd like to consider more closely evaluating the facts before making accusations.

CitaDeL
12-27-2012, 8:12 PM
Gosh, that's the same thing you and taperxz did to my thread when I suggested a march. Not that I was surprised....just disappointed, but not surprised.

There is a vast difference between the moderator of a tightly knit cadre of CCW fetishists throwing water on a subject by a summary thread closure and the collective advocacy of avoiding very public and painful stupidity at the State Capitol.

HowardW56
12-27-2012, 8:21 PM
So, I posted a link on Cal CCW to spread the word.
I received replies of speculation regarding authenticity AND the thread was closed since "General CCW discussions" is, I'm told, for "This forum is highly focused on CCW's. This thread is more for a general firearms forum."

I swear I was in attendance, on Dec 6th at the 9th district courthouse hearing a CGF oral argument supporting "shall issue" - a general CCW discussion topic and a part of the coalition.

Weird stuff....

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general-ccw-discussion/21594-www-firearmspolicy-org-now-live.html

I posted there too, the thread was deleted within an hour....

DVSmith
12-28-2012, 9:54 PM
I posted there too, the thread was deleted within an hour....

I asked a mod over there why your thread was gone and was told it was dumped as a dup at 12/28 9:45PM. According to the mod, you posted it at 12/27 3:53PM. The original post by NoJoke is still there although I noticed it was locked.

I understand that CalCCW and Kestryl work together to avoid pissing matches, so I am not trying to start one here, just providing information for you.

Stonewalker
12-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Hella.

Excited to be a part of this in some manner. I am continually impressed at the professionalism, quality, and innovation that come out the CGF peeps. (and many others in other relevant orgs). Talk about efficacy! I'm glad you guys are on our team. Damn!

FoxTrot87
12-29-2012, 8:26 PM

-Brandon

We should then elect two representatives from each state while merging the ACLU and NRA. :chris:

rimfire78
12-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Bump

chiselchst
12-31-2012, 9:11 AM
Joined & donated...

Hippies_Have_Guns_Too
12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Excellent! Count me in, I'm joining.

http://www.ronaldreagan.com/forums/images/smilies/old_ubb_smilies/salute.gif

chris
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
when the time is right to send and crash the email servers of this state i will do so. and contribute when i can afford to do so.

i look forward to hearing about the email servers crashing and phones lines having that wonderful busy signal.

robertmcm
12-31-2012, 4:34 PM
Well, I just joined CCRKBA today as a life member. I am already a life member in the SAF.
I felt generous so I called back to give a gift membership in CCRKBA to Barak Obama. The lady transferred me to someone named Thomas. To say the least he was not amused, and judging from his tone must not have been having a good day.....
I was serious. Thomas was too. Anyway, fail on my part I guess.

The point blank newsletter never hurt anyone though.

My heart is with the SAF, though I sponsor a lot of Life Memberships with the NRA.

My plan is to donate monthly to SAF this year, and try to help get a grassroots organization off the ground here in Alabama.

Bill Carson
01-01-2013, 11:36 AM

I agree. The model should be a real gun owner holding her own gun if that is what you are going for otherwise to me it looks like a bunch of white males hiding behind the image of a black female.

Librarian
01-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I agree. The model should be a real gun owner holding her own gun if that is what you are going for otherwise to me it looks like a bunch of white males hiding behind the image of a black female.

And, if it were a picture of me, a real gun owner, people would complain it was just another old white guy, and where was the diversity?

When did you stop beating your wife?

mattj9090
01-01-2013, 2:55 PM
Joined and donated.

Bill Carson
01-01-2013, 3:38 PM
And, if it were a picture of me, a real gun owner, people would complain it was just another old white guy, and where was the diversity?

When did you stop beating your wife?
Diversity is good if there is real diversity. Tokeness reeks of hypocrisy. Someone posted about having changing faces of real gun owners. I think that would be better.

taperxz
01-01-2013, 3:43 PM

REALLY? You think that woman is black? If your're opinion is that she is black then we do need to hide behind a picture. Nothing worse than ignorance.

You have no idea what nationality that person.

NoJoke
01-01-2013, 3:54 PM
The original post by NoJoke is still there although I noticed it was locked.

There was a cordial PM regarding the post. It isn't my call on what's appropriate in their forum - but their desire is to focus solely on ltc/ccw information. I do appreciate the fact that the thread was not deleted (I think that's positive/supportive).

Librarian
01-01-2013, 5:39 PM
Diversity is good if there is real diversity. Tokeness reeks of hypocrisy. Someone posted about having changing faces of real gun owners. I think that would be better.

Changing faces probably would be better, I agree.

Now, what is your evidence for 'tokeness'? I disagree that the image in use satisfies, so what else do you have?

wildhawker
01-01-2013, 5:59 PM
As people talk about our launch imaging, consider: you're talking about our launch imaging. (That's a win.)

-Brandon

gatesbox
01-01-2013, 6:06 PM
Just my $.02 on the new campaign. I hope all 2A groups will work hard on educating the other side without the pithy jabs and edgy slogan images. So far I'm not impressed with what has been showing up in my FB newsfeed. Take it for what it is worth.

It is said that Mother Theresa declined an invitation to join an anti-war rally responding that if someone invited her to a peace rally she would be happy to attend. I think there is a parallel in advocating for rights rather than advocating against those who would desire to take them away.

wildhawker
01-01-2013, 6:11 PM
Unfortunately, the reality of things makes what you want impossible as a core strategy.

-Brandon

tonelar
01-01-2013, 6:51 PM
Great, I joined and selected CGF for my $15 plus $85 donation. On my paypal it shows $100 to CCRKBA. Wtf?
Do all $$$ go to CCRKBA first, then get distributed?

wildhawker
01-01-2013, 7:08 PM
Great, I joined and selected CGF for my $15 plus $85 donation. On my paypal it shows $100 to CCRKBA. Wtf?
Do all $$$ go to CCRKBA first, then get distributed?

CCRKBA is the lead FPC organization; funds will be distributed to the organization(s) you select in the amount(s) you designate.

-Brandon

Fergitchu
01-01-2013, 9:39 PM
Joined.

Bill Carson
01-02-2013, 4:28 AM
Changing faces probably would be better, I agree.

Now, what is your evidence for 'tokeness'? I disagree that the image in use satisfies, so what else do you have?It would be tokeness if we only had one or no south asian women that belonged. The NRA does not hide behind the fact it's majority is white males and uses such in promoting itself. If we had pictures of real gun owners of all sexes and nationalities and races that actually belonged then we would have truth on our side.

taperxz
01-02-2013, 6:42 AM
CCRKBA is the lead FPC organization; funds will be distributed to the organization(s) you select in the amount(s) you designate.

-Brandon

So is FPC basically the "toll taker" or "payment processor" for these organizations in order to join them? Before i join blindly i would like to know more about what FPC really is.

Additionally, i have already joined SAF this year and donated to CGF but am not able to join the site unless i pay to do so. I have joined/contributed to other ventures that were started by CGF folks but then after contributing, the idea caught no wind and drifted away without a mention of it or the funds collected for it.

Can some kind of organizational prospectus be posted here as to who the owners are. What type of business entity they are, What their financial mission is and what their final goal is.

I would also like to see an official letter of some sort from SAF on the backing of this idea and, well i guess it doesn't really matter because the other 3 orgs are run by one person. Except CGF which also has a full board.

Anyways, i really would like to know more about this organization. Thanks.

CaliforniaLiberal
01-02-2013, 9:46 AM
Yes, it seems a bit confusing. What exactly do you mean by a coalition? Is this just a new way to gather and funnel donations? How will FPC influence the decision making processes if at all? Why should we be going through the FPC if we have already been a member and made donations to the individual organizations?

Could you please explain with more detail what the FPC is and how it will work? What is it's purpose?

TacticalPlinker
01-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Outstanding website. Since I'm not currently a member of those organizations, I will opt to join them all in one step. Which reminds me, I need to renew my NRA and CRPA memberships as well before they expire next month.

desertyfz
01-02-2013, 8:17 PM
I heard about the FPC on Facebook and wanted to verify that it was legitimate and not a scam using the names of some good organizations. I could not find any reference to the FPC on any of the individual web sites and it was making me very nervous about joining. Finally I found this thread and now I feel better about donating. It would be a good idea to at least put the FPC logo on the other sites to let people know it is the real thing.
Thanks for the effort!
Joining now!

wjc
01-02-2013, 11:59 PM
I heard about the FPC on Facebook and wanted to verify that it was legitimate and not a scam using the names of some good organizations. I could not find any reference to the FPC on any of the individual web sites and it was making me very nervous about joining. Finally I found this thread and now I feel better about donating. It would be a good idea to at least put the FPC logo on the other sites to let people know it is the real thing.
Thanks for the effort!
Joining now!

These are the guys that helped us fight Leland Yee's SB249.

That's good enough for me.

DrDavid
01-03-2013, 1:37 AM
These are the guys that helped us fight Leland Yee's SB249.

That's good enough for me.

Yup.. The same team :)

We're scrappy!

BRoss
01-04-2013, 5:12 PM
Firearms Policy Coalition pledges “not one more inch.”

BELLEVUE, WA / SAN CARLOS, CA / MADERA, CA (January 4, 2013) - Firearms Policy Coalition, a new project of renowned Second Amendment rights advocacy organizations Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees, Second Amendment Foundation, and The Calguns Foundation has been launched, noted managing director Brandon Combs. The Coalition’s website, firearmspolicy.org, was opened to the public in late December 2012.

The Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) provides for an effective, NATO-like response to gun control campaigns and efficient, low-friction advocacy of litigation, legislation, education, and grassroots efforts that advance Second Amendment rights. Of the Coalition, Second Amendment Foundation Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb said, “I’m proud to help usher in the next generation of gun rights activism. The new paradigm is, and must be, coordination, mutual-support, and unity. Those who would disarm America’s law-abiding people are rabid in their desire to assault gun owners’ Second Amendment, privacy, and property rights.”

“FPC immediately brings to the table leading Second Amendment advocacy groups, leadership, staff, volunteers, and hundreds of thousands of active supporters. This,” said Combs, “will enable superior communication, real-time collaboration, and scalable action to advance individual liberties and defend against promised attacks on civil rights by extremists like U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, Representative Carolyn McCarthy, California State Senator Leland Yee, and Illinois State Senators Dan Kotowski and Antonio Muñoz.”

“The coordination between stakeholders at all levels within FPC,” explained Calguns Foundation Chairman Gene Hoffman, “ is really key. We knew that, to meet the coming challenge head-on, a new model for our cause would have to be employed. As a seasoned Silicon Valley entrepreneur, I know how important it is to be agile and effective in today’s world - and what happens when you’re not.”

Excitement surrounding the Coalition and its fresh, positive approach to the issues that matter to gun owners has led to a rapid and steady increase of new individual members, which is expected to continue as new tools and organizational alliance members come online. FPC has already received numerous inquiries from interested gun rights organizations across the country and looks forwards to onboarding a number of organizations over the next quarter.

“We must now take on those who say that our Constitution is outdated, that it doesn’t mean what it says, and we must take them on together,” said Combs, CCRKBA Director of Advocacy and President of Cal-FFL. “Our rights are not negotiable and we are simply not going to give up another inch of our inalienable rights. This is the year of unity, focus, and resilience for gun rights activists at every level across the nation.”

State-level organizations seeking additional information or to explore joining the coalition should contact FPC at info@firearmspolicy.org or through the contact form at http://firearmspolicy.org/contact.

More information about FPC can be found at http://firearmspolicy.org/faq. FPC’s Facebook page is located at http://facebook.com/gunpolicy and its Twitter feed can be viewed at http://twitter.com/gunpolicy.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (ccrkba.org) is dedicated to protecting your firearms rights. Its role is to educate grass root activists, the public, legislators and the media. CCRKBA's programs are designed to help all Americans understand the importance of the Second Amendment and its role in keeping Americans free.

The Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

The Calguns Foundation (calgunsfoundation.org) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which serves its members by providing Second Amendment-related education, strategic litigation, and the defense of innocent California gun owners from improper or malicious prosecution. The Calguns Foundation seeks to inform government and protect the rights of individuals to acquire, own, and lawfully use firearms in California.

California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (calffl.org) is California's premier non-profit industry association of, by, and for firearms manufacturers, dealers, collectors, training professionals, shooting ranges, and others, advancing the interests of its members and the general public through strategic litigation, legislative efforts, and education. For more information or to join Cal-FFL, please visit calffl.org.

Brandon Combs
info@firearmspolicy.org
425-454-4911

From the SAF email blast sent out earlier today...

wjc
01-04-2013, 7:08 PM
hehe

We're gonna need a bigger steamroller!

:43:

DonFerrando
01-13-2013, 11:14 PM
So I joined all organisations. Is this for a 1 year membership? Couldn't find this info.

wildhawker
01-14-2013, 12:44 AM
So I joined all organisations. Is this for a 1 year membership? Couldn't find this info.

That's correct. We'll offer the different organizations' multi-year/life options soon.

-Brandon