PDA

View Full Version : Bright Spot Pawn Employee Needs Firearms Lawyer

B.J.F.
08-16-2007, 1:38 PM
I need a Lawyer that specializes in recovering firearms from Local Law enforcement agencys in the Riverside County Area

Firearms include several rifles, pistols & 2 - temporary fixed mag california legal Off-List Rifles

for more info, please message me with name, phone number and law office you work for, thankyou.

Jicko
08-16-2007, 1:40 PM
As usual, http://www.tmllp.com/ is recommended.

1064chubbs
08-16-2007, 1:42 PM
:iagree:

thedrickel
08-16-2007, 1:46 PM
Bruce Colodny's good too:

http://www.gunlaw.com/

Diablo
08-16-2007, 1:48 PM
You need to get in contact with BWIESE first. I suggest you PM him right away.

chiefcrash
08-16-2007, 1:57 PM
You need to get in contact with BWIESE first. I suggest you PM him right away.

:iagree:

definately get with Bill (bwiese). He'll hook you up.

PM him here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/private.php?do=newpm&u=191
email him here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=191

mdhpper
08-16-2007, 3:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully this gets cleared up sooner than later. I would hate to see him get dragged through the court system for legally owned and configured firearms.

Q
08-16-2007, 3:59 PM
:eek::kest:
keep us posted when you can. :confused:

JesseXXX
08-16-2007, 4:00 PM
I hope it works out buddy... keep us posted if possible....

bwiese
08-16-2007, 4:06 PM
Under control for now.

I don't (nor should I) have all the details.

Dude did nothing wrong, and has (sorry, BJF) what appears to be a nut-job sister.

Let's let sleeping dogs rest for now, since he'll be getting in touch w/a lawyer.

hardkore909
08-16-2007, 4:16 PM
hmmm.... does this affect my rifle currently being DROS'd by them?

bwiese
08-16-2007, 5:49 PM
hmmm.... does this affect my rifle currently being DROS'd by them?

No, why would it? This is an *employee*. It's not the business, and you are doing a transaction with the *business*.

hardkore909
08-16-2007, 5:54 PM
It was just a question... This whole thread did not state anything about where his situation took place. I just asked a simple question, geez!

Socal858
08-16-2007, 5:55 PM
best of luck to him, BSP have always been the best of guys

i know they don tmake big money off of transfers but they treated me great and helped me with every detail or the transaction

we are rooting for you

1919_4_ME
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
I was just in there yesterday and they definitley got more DVD's in and are well stock on OLL lowers.I cleaned them out on there neon signs,lol.:chris:

Socal858
08-18-2007, 5:09 PM
i was doing some PPT transfers at bright spot pawn this afternoon and got a chance to speak to the employee in question.

hes doing alright and hopes to resolve this situation in the courtroom.

i told him we as a community appreciate what bright spot pawn has done for us and we'll do what we can to help. he said he might need our help in the future (little stuff) and i said post up and we will try to be there.

i wish him the best of luck in brushing off this wrongdoing, we are rooting for him and BWO

artherd
08-18-2007, 11:25 PM
We're behind you, Chris and BSP have done me well guys, let's get out there and support both their shop and this employee.

Sig357
08-19-2007, 7:43 AM
i was doing some PPT transfers at bright spot pawn this afternoon and got a chance to speak to the employee in question.

hes doing alright and hopes to resolve this situation in the courtroom.

i told him we as a community appreciate what bright spot pawn has done for us and we'll do what we can to help. he said he might need our help in the future (little stuff) and i said post up and we will try to be there.

i wish him the best of luck in brushing off this wrongdoing, we are rooting for him and BWO

I was there yesterday with Socal doing our PPT. My first time @ BSP and the employee in question took care of us. How he had the patience for us was beyond me. Sitting there all day long just DROS'ing firearms. Wish you the best and hope that all this mess gets rectified for you soon.

bg
08-19-2007, 3:21 PM
I've dealt with both Chris & Geoff for a long time regarding tools. Bought my
2nd G Colt SAA there. Sold my AK to them before the 2000 AW gelding law
set in. I've spent an easy 3000 there. I hate to see any of these guys get
into a mess and I'll call Monday to offer any help if needed, if they're
open. The are being messed with and it's not right.

[ I hope I spelled Geoff's name right. It might be Jeff.]

B.J.F.
08-21-2007, 6:05 PM
I cant say much at this point other than i contacted Bruce & and am going to speak with one other lawyer... but what i can say is im completley bummed out that someone can make accuzations to the police, and the police can play god even though those accuzations were dis-proved by the appropriate medical profesionals, which police are not trained medical professionals to make that determination

not faceing AW charges on fixed mag AR's as of yet.... but bruce said they can still decide to be *****s and I cannot afford this type of lawyer if they did

bwiese
08-21-2007, 6:12 PM
BJF,
You should not comment further on any aspect and let the pros do their thing.

B.J.F.
08-24-2007, 2:09 PM
I know but its hard to... im absolutely pulling my hair out over this situation. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide in my defence, Bruce Colodny is my hired Attorney please send any remittance to his office, thank you all for your support, Bryon Frazer.

River Jack
08-24-2007, 8:33 PM
As I've said before regarding my expereince with BSP; Brian is a great guy. We all need to stand behind him and do whatever we can to help him through this very unfortunate situation. Best of luck with everything.

RJ

savageevo
08-24-2007, 9:34 PM
Brian, can you attach an address to where we could donate to your fund. Come on guys, we have a brother that needs our help also.

B.J.F.
08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I need any information on bruce that anyone with first hand experiance can provide, ive heard some concering things about him from others and would like to prove or dis-prove what i have heard after the day i decided to hire him, I am currently waiting on first hand knowledge from someone who had a case & bad eperiance with bruce about 5 years ago

bwiese
08-25-2007, 9:14 PM
I don't know of anyone who's done business with Mr. Colodny. He does have useful info on his website.

I *do* know that the folks Trutanich-Michel are sharp cookies and can (as can others here) affirm that Chuck Michel and Jason Davis are A-OK folks.

Your choice of attorney may be determined by fees, nature of case, and locality of lawyer to your area.

I would remind you that your case is not necessarily a true firearms case per se but really a "she said I'm a nutjob" case.

Riodog
08-26-2007, 12:18 AM
B.J.F., just sent you an e-mail, before you throw out the big bucks make that call and let us know how that works out for you.
Rio

B.J.F.
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Riodog, Fred doesnt live in Ca no more, he did recomend me to another lawyer, but since my contact as of 8/28 no word back, Im still searching for an lawyer that doesnt start off optimistic then not be able to give me a straight answer

bwiese
08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Riodog, Fred doesnt live in Ca no more, he did recomend me to another lawyer, but since my contact as of 8/28 no word back, Im still searching for an lawyer that doesnt start off optimistic then not be able to give me a straight answer

Dude, maybe that's because he's being realistic. The answer to many questions is often, "maybe".

jdberger
08-30-2007, 1:57 AM

That's really the nature of law. There are no guaranteed outcomes. You never know what a Judge or jury will do. Law is much more art than hard science.

Patience is the key (and don't call the lawyer every day. They charge you for every call!).

B.J.F.
08-31-2007, 11:44 AM
I found a lawyer that is outraged about what Riverside County Sherriffs Officers did and is willing to pull out all the stops

contact info is:

James Teixeira
Attorney at Law
3891 Tenth st.
Riverside Ca 9250_ (unsure of the last digit of riverside zip)
(951) 788-8887

please send all remittiance to his office. Thanks Bryon Frazer.

Riodog
08-31-2007, 6:10 PM
Good luck, Bryon.
I'll have to give Fred a call as I haven't spoken with him in a long while. Hope everything works out and keep us posted.

Just send check re: Bryon Frazer?
Rio

savageevo
08-31-2007, 11:38 PM
thanks brian for the address, I will be sending some cash to help out. Okay guys, if anybody been to bright spot and delt with these guys before you know they are stand up guys. Lets put some effert helping brian out.

B.J.F.
09-06-2007, 2:14 PM
Im going to meet with James Teixeira at 3pm today, hopefully he can help me out in as quick of time frame as possible. Bryon

B.J.F.
01-05-2008, 8:52 PM
Ok, everything is clear for me. James did a great job representing me, i received my letter from d.o.j. & the Law enforcement gun release app was approved. the D.a. aggreed that the R.S.O. acted innopropriately as well as Dispatch, cannot comment on further action against the county but will keep you informed once i get every action finalized.

USN CHIEF
01-05-2008, 9:13 PM
Congratulations. Glad to hear that, please let us know once everything is done as to what exactly took place.

Sig357
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Conratulations Brian...:D

Socal858
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Ok, everything is clear for me. James did a great job representing me, i received my letter from d.o.j. & the Law enforcement gun release app was approved. the D.a. aggreed that the R.S.O. acted innopropriately as well as Dispatch, cannot comment on further action against the county but will keep you informed once i get every action finalized.

great news to hear you're clear!

artherd
01-06-2008, 1:10 AM
Excellent.

B.J.F.
01-14-2008, 3:48 PM
I got all my guns back from the R.S.O. (Riverside County Sherriffs Office). This matter was over a argument at my familys house where at the time i was living, I deceided enough is enough & i was moving out, sister called the sherriffs office because i was going to leave with my property which included firearms she also does not like firearms, the sherriffs dispatch jumped the gun saying 5150, the officers said "we dont like civilians having guns" so they followed up on the 5150 to take them legally at no time did i ever say anything other than im leaving im tired of this S..t! ill be back later for more of my things. the sad part is, the 5150 thing is going on more than jus my case or my county, other county officers are also using this to their advantage to take guns away from people. the thought is, make people criminals or rule them mentally unfit to possess firearms unless they can get a good lawyer to fight them. its jus another way for them to chip at the 2nd amendment if everyone is criminals or crazy so no one will have them. dont get me wrong though, there are many officers that support the 2nd, and dont aggree with current laws, its jus the few bad apples that spoil the rest.

B.J.F.
01-14-2008, 3:50 PM
I was most worried about the R.S.O. altering my sb 23 compliant off list rifle to an AW after the fact then arresting me on possession

Flux Capacitor
01-14-2008, 3:51 PM
out of curosity, how much did this cost you?

KenpoProfessor
01-14-2008, 4:26 PM
I was most worried about the R.S.O. altering my sb 23 compliant off list rifle to an AW after the fact then arresting me on possession

Dude, sorry you had to suffer thru that, it sucks. I got the hell outta there, it was pointless to stand in the tide of oppression as it rises to suck the life out of you. How sad to hear of the evilness that is becoming the CA LEOs.

I'm out in Phoenix, maybe it's time to make a change in lifestyle where you're free, and away from crazy family.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

B.J.F.
01-17-2008, 2:20 AM
$5,000 out of pocket + a lil help from a few people, alot of stress & aggravation over the whole mess

alpha_romeo_XV
01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Glad you posted the follow up, and Good to hear you got your FA’s back. Sorry to hear the cost, and wear and tear on you. But ever hear the expression “that which doesn’t destroy you makes you stronger”?

Sounds like you were never arrested or charged with anything, but put through the ringer none the less – mostly because you owed guns. If you were trying to leave the house with a blow-up doll collection, a donkey or host of other weird things, you’d never have been 5010’d. And Imagine how different the outcome would have been if you had :
- Possessed non SB23 compliant arms, or even a single tracer round
- had actually made just a mock threat in front of any witnesses
- even posted rants on MySpace that could be misconstrued as dangerous possibilities

Unfortunately gun owners need to walk a tighter line than average Joe. I don’t think having pink furniture on the OLLs would have helped, but keeping your cool did. Note to all - plan ahead. If the “writing is on the wall” …. Get your stuff, not talking the DVD collection, to an uncle’s house or some trusted friend before the “ I gotta get F out of here melt down” happens. I got my important stuff to my brother’s house before I served my ex-wife with the divorce papers – saved me a lot of trouble and money. FYI community property laws make it expensive to settle some “family” matters. Luckily cars, boats, houses have titles with clear “owners” …. One of the few advantages to having guns registered - its very clear when it’s “his” not “hers”. I never had to pay my lawyer a dime to sort that one out.

6172crew
01-17-2008, 4:50 PM
The same thing happened in Alameda, guy at work calls the cops and says another guy is crazy and they went over and took everything..including the .50 bmg with its paperwork.

Cops have figured out how to take your guns from you even if they are legal.:cool: