PDA

View Full Version : Call your CA Senator's local office NOW

Rivers
08-16-2007, 1:30 PM
With AB 1471 (Microstamping) coming up to vote very quickly, I decided to call my senator's office to nicely voice my opposition to this bill.

I asked how many similar calls they've received. "Just this call." OUCH!!! Time to light up the phones and politely voice those opinions.

Use this link to find your senator and the local contact info.
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/state/main/?district=10&azip=20152&state=CA&view=myofficials

BTW, I pointed out something that maybe isn't in the legislative analysis of the bill. When I go to the range, practice with my semi-automatic and leave my brass on the floor, what is to stop a bad guy from simply collecting some of my brass for later distribution at a crime scene? Worse still, what if I know and dislike the victim plus don't have an alibi? Great frame job!

chiefcrash
08-16-2007, 2:03 PM
BTW, I pointed out something that maybe isn't in the legislative analysis of the bill. When I go to the range, practice with my semi-automatic and leave my brass on the floor, what is to stop a bad guy from simply collecting some of my brass for later distribution at a crime scene? Worse still, what if I know and dislike the victim plus don't have an alibi? Great frame job!

Believe me, that's come up plenty of times, even on the assembly/senate floor during debate. The anti's just say "they don't do that now, why would they after we microstamp things?"

grywlfbg
08-16-2007, 2:04 PM
I sent my Senator an email a few months ago and just did again. Guess I should call as well. :mad:

m1match
08-16-2007, 2:36 PM
I called my Senator's office today. She's fairly liberal so I'm not sure what good it will do, but we all have to try... SO IF YOU HAVEN'T CALLED YOUR SENATOR'S OFFICE YET PLEASE DO IT!!!

ljg17
08-16-2007, 2:57 PM
OK called my Senator Senator Dave Cogdill (R-CA 14th) who sits on public safety and told his staff that I was opposed. This bill will effectivly kill handgun sales in CA.

kperry
08-16-2007, 3:33 PM
Called my State Senator's office (George Runner, (R) Lancaster), and they are already opposed to the bill. I'll FAX Arnie this afternoon/evening.

Piper
08-16-2007, 4:05 PM
I already know where Bob Dutton stands (R - Rancho Cucamonga)so I'll be emailing Herr Governator and lighting a fire under his @$$ to veto this thing if it gets to him.

glockman19
08-16-2007, 6:47 PM
I did the same thing called both my assembly person & senator, both said I was the only call.

CalNRA
08-16-2007, 6:54 PM
wow, my Senator is Don Perata. Think my call will do any good?:rolleyes:

I called anyway. The receptionist is less than useless. I had my Parents call for their zip code.

easy
08-16-2007, 7:22 PM
Emailed Dean Florez (D). Maybe.....

johnny_22
08-17-2007, 2:52 PM
Took my name, address and phone number. Maybe this time I will get a response from her. She's new; I hope she doesn't make too many mistakes in voting.

Davidwhitewolf
08-17-2007, 3:23 PM
I'm a Perata constituent too. Called anyway. Receptionist was helpful at least.

RudyN
08-17-2007, 3:37 PM
Called both my State Senator's and Assmblyman's office today and let them know I am opposed to it. Hope it helps.