PDA

View Full Version : Buy a gun day

aileron
08-16-2007, 12:37 PM
August 28th.

This has been published in shotgun news.

The brady's and our favorite reverend Jesse Jackson are organizing an anti-gun protest on the anniversary of Martin Luther King's historic March on Washington in 1963.

Brady's post.

http://bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=916

The Firearms Coalition and other gun rights groups are organizing "National Exercise Your Rights Day" in response.

Asking everyone to go out and buy a gun on that day.

In case you didn't know, now you do. :D

mike100
08-16-2007, 12:42 PM
What does MLK's historic march anniversary have to do with the anti-gun causes.. I guess JJ will take any money he can.

I got a revolver on 10-day wait..close enough. My reasons are different. I've been working in the PRC and I buy a gun, put it on dros wait, and pick it up everytime I return. This will be the 4th gun already..If only I could trade fequent flyer miles for ammo.

Socal858
08-16-2007, 1:38 PM
WOOOO

i pick one up on the 28th

maybe ill buy another one

RudyN
08-16-2007, 8:49 PM
I just ordered an XD9 today. :43:

Fate
08-16-2007, 9:13 PM
What does MLK's historic march anniversary have to do with the anti-gun causes..
Probably because MLK was killed by a sniper.

kilword
08-16-2007, 9:27 PM
i got 2 this month and im picking up the 2nd one around the 28th :)

DIG
08-16-2007, 9:31 PM
count me in :jump:

glock 21SF or maybe a deposit on the new HK45... we'll have to see;)

The SoCal Gunner
08-16-2007, 9:43 PM
The 28th is my B-day. The gf bought me a G36 last year. Don't think I will have funds for one this year or be lucky enough for the gf to buy me another one.

I guess I can buy ammo or go shooting.

DHiggmo
08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Rem. 300 Mag yesterday and four pistols Today :eek: all on PPT.

zefflyn
08-17-2007, 9:04 AM
Probably because MLK was killed by a sniper.

Plus, gun control in this country was originally targeted (no pun intended) at disarming black slaves so the whites could maintain power over them. What better way to celebrate the racist roots of gun control?

Can'thavenuthingood
08-27-2007, 1:28 PM
Back to the top.

Tuesday is the National Protest Day put forth by Brady and Je$$e Jack$on.

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/08/bradys-call-for-national-protest-on-aug.html

Get your guns or ammo or whatever from your local gun store, even if its a box of .22's or MRE's.

Go to the range and celebrate, call your Senator, do a one click.

Vick

///D
08-27-2007, 1:45 PM
I would be more than happy to but am only on day 9 of my 30 day interval :rolleyes:

RRangel
08-27-2007, 1:59 PM
This is just a shameful attempt by the Brady's and their other fake anti-gun organization to use the race card to advance their agenda.

They have trouble cramming victim disarmament down our throats otherwise. They're trying to scare the nation into shutting up, lest we be called racists.

scootergmc
08-27-2007, 2:45 PM
To you 30 day wait people.... sheesh, buy a rifle. An OLL. Something. Anything. Everyday. You don't have to wait for a brady day!!

Can'thavenuthingood
08-27-2007, 3:56 PM
Okay, you don't have to buy a gun, you can buy an accessory.

Or, I got it, You could buy one of those really neat CALGUNS.NET T shirts.
www.gunsr4.us (http://www.gunsr4.us)

Or a Hat

Or some CALGUNS.NET logo stickers to stickup around the wokplace, like "This is a good place for a stickup":D

Vick

anothergunnut
08-27-2007, 8:15 PM
I thought every day was buy a gun day!

DHiggmo
08-27-2007, 8:31 PM
I thought every day was buy a gun day!

No, some-days are pick up gun Days:) or in my case it was pick up five gun's day.:D

Stuka
08-27-2007, 8:52 PM
Well just so happens my CZ is coming in tomorrow :D

ivanimal
08-27-2007, 8:58 PM
Looks like I have to participate!:43:

Tweak338
08-27-2007, 9:01 PM
Looks like I have to participate!:43:

We didn't doubt you.

Do you have a custom stamp for filling out the Dros form yet?

Lateralus
08-27-2007, 9:11 PM
i bought 3!!! WOOOOO!

pix on the 30th to see whats new from my shop!!!

TKM
08-27-2007, 9:20 PM
We didn't doubt you.

Do you have a custom stamp for filling out the Dros form yet?

Dude, I so need one of those.

Really, how much could it cost to have one cobbled together? Even at $100 a whack it would be worth it.

Wham!! Wham!! thumbprint (probably won't go for it on the stamp) next!.

God Bless The Mauser
08-27-2007, 9:33 PM
Too bad I am not getting my AK tomorrow...it's still in nevada waiting for my dealers FFL.. I'll just go buy a box of ammo or something

Tweak338
08-27-2007, 9:43 PM
Too bad I am not getting my AK tomorrow...it's still in nevada waiting for my dealers FFL.. I'll just go buy a Case of ammo or something

Fixed

elenius
08-27-2007, 9:50 PM
Oooh, this so makes me want to buy my first OLL tomorrow... Do they sell them anywhere in the bay area, or do I have to order one? Irvington arms is right across the bridge for me. Do they have OLLs in the store?

Roo
08-27-2007, 9:52 PM
Buying a Savage 10fp tomorrow so :)

56Chevy
08-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Oooh, this so makes me want to buy my first OLL tomorrow... Do they sell them anywhere in the bay area, or do I have to order one? Irvington arms is right across the bridge for me. Do they have OLLs in the store?
Yes, I have seen some at Irvington. I bought a Rock River upper from them last week, and I saw a few rifles, as well as lowers.

hylander
08-27-2007, 11:35 PM
My G23 was just deliverd today, can't go Dros it till wendsday.
Guess I will have to order some parts and get ammo tomorrow :D

jumbopanda
08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
I think MLK would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what that putz Jesse Jackson was doing. He's an absolute disgrace and cheapens the struggle that blacks really did have to go through at one point with his constant race-baiting.

Even if I wasn't a gun nut, I'd probably buy a gun just to rub it in Jesse's face.

Bushwacker
08-28-2007, 9:04 AM
Well, I picked up my long awaited XD45 on the Aug.24. Sent my first hundred rounds thru her yesterday at the range. I'll do the same today..and bring my OLL too.

Swirvin
08-28-2007, 1:02 PM
Did my part. Just DROS'ed a handgun at IA. I've been eye-balling it for awhile, but this Brady stuff provided just enough incentive to purchase. In a case of, "What are the odds?", this purchase was made even sweeter by the fact that a gentleman from the ATF was there. I can't imagine a more perfect set of circumstances to buy a firearm.

elenius
08-28-2007, 1:18 PM
Did MLK ever say anything about guns?

mcubed4130
08-28-2007, 1:27 PM
Did my part... but CA won't get anything from me... Another Mosin is on the way.

-M3

DIG
08-28-2007, 1:58 PM
ordered mine. waiting for delivery to ffl to dros.

don't forget to send jim and sarah some love:p
"Send an e-mail to the blog team"
blog@bradycampaign.org
http://www.bradycampaign.org/blog/

aileron
08-28-2007, 2:01 PM
Did my part. :D

elenius
08-28-2007, 3:24 PM
Just DROS'd my first ever lower. Thanks to Calguns :)

Can'thavenuthingood
08-28-2007, 3:59 PM
Did MLK ever say anything about guns?

After a bit of search I found this article, it states its from Martin Luther Kings autobiography. Probably more or less right from his mouth.
Seems he decided to dispose of it as he preferred non violent solutions.
This an excerpt from the article towards the bottom of the page.

Vick

----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/199433.html

Did King own a gun?

Yes. In his writings and in interviews, King, the object of many death threats, acknowledged once owning a gun in Montgomery, Ala., and seeking a license to carry in a gun in his car. In The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr., he wrote that the issue of armed protection arose after a bombing at his home. He ultimately rejected armed defense, however, because he decided that it was inconsistent with his message.

The explanation in King's words

"After the bombings, many of the officers of my church and other trusted friends urged me to hire a bodyguard and armed watchmen for my house. When my father came to town, he concurred with both of these suggestions. I tried to tell them that I had no fears now and consequently needed no weapons for protection. This they would not hear. They insisted that I protect the house and family, even if I didn't want to protect myself. In order to satisfy the wishes of these close friends and associates, I decided to consider the question of an armed guard. I went down to the sheriff's office and applied for a license to carry a gun in the car; but this was refused.
"Meanwhile I reconsidered. How could I serve as one of the leaders of a nonviolent movement and at the same time use weapons of violence for my personal protection? Coretta and I talked the matter over for several days and finally agreed that arms were no solution. We decided then to get rid of the one weapon we owned. We tried to satisfy our friends by having floodlights mounted around the house, and hiring unarmed watchmen around the clock. I also promised that I would not travel around the city alone.
"I was much more afraid in Montgomery when I had a gun in my house. When I decided that I couldn't keep a gun, I came face-to-face with the question of death and I dealt with it. From that point on, I no longer needed a gun nor have I been afraid. Had we become distracted by the question of my safety we would have lost the moral offensive and sunk to the level of our oppressors."
-- From The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.
atinsley@star-telegram.com (atinsley@star-telegram.com)
Anna M. Tinsley, 817-390-7610

56Chevy
08-28-2007, 4:04 PM
I bought 500 rounds of ammo.

RudyN
08-28-2007, 4:07 PM
I filed out the DROS paperwork on my XD9 today and on the way home bought 150 rds of ammo for when I get to bring it home in 10 days. :61:

radd
08-28-2007, 5:29 PM
Wow, someone on this board must have some sort of ESP.:43: This person must have been sending psychic message to the mast. I have been thinking about buying a gun in the past 2 weeks and just so happen to decide to place order today. :eek:

I have never read this post previously.

He told me to Order a Vector V47 poly furniture though lanworldinc.com today

newtothis
08-28-2007, 5:37 PM
I ordered a .357 yesterday - close enough?:rolleyes: Added about 500 rounds to boot.

autodoc
08-29-2007, 8:56 AM
I bought one yesterday, thanks Jesse!

elenius
08-29-2007, 9:56 AM
I wonder if this shows up in the gun sales numbers.

Centurion_D
08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I didn't buy a gun but I did buy some ammo..maybe today I'll head back to the gun store and buy something else..:D

tombinghamthegreat
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I bought some slug ammo yesterday. I am sorry but i bought my Mossberg 590shotgun on the 25 of august, it was on sale at big 5 :(. I could not wait since the waiting period is so long. i will send a copy of my ammo and gun to the Brady Campaign just to piss them off.