PDA

View Full Version : David Gregory breaks DC gun law and commits felony live on NBC.

Tier One Arms
12-24-2012, 6:59 PM
Thought you guys might like to see this:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_1/5_.html

From page 7

Gentleman,
This morning Mr Gregory was in possesion of a AR-15 magazine on national TV, which is in violation of D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01

This is a felony offense as per DC laws, see below:

"DC High Capacity Ammunition Magazines - D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term �large capacity ammunition feeding device� means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term �large capacity ammunition feeding device� shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.�."

Several citizens have been prosecuted under your unconstitutional gun laws and just because he is a reporter he should not get a pass.

I do not like your laws, but if you pulled me over and I had a AR-15 mag I would go to jail and have to spend countless dollars to get my sentence reduced/stay out of jail.

Would a "I didnt know"save me???

Or can I too get permission to posses 30rd mags while in DC??

Heck no, you would throw me in jail and say..tell it to the Judge.

I ask you do one of two things:

Prosecute him
or get rid of the law

Its your duty to do the right thing, I would rather you just drop the law, but if not he needs to be held accountable.

Thanks for your time
Joe

And MPD response

E-mail response:

"From: "DC Police (imailagent)" <customerservice.mpd2@dc.gov>
Subject: Email from DC Police (Intranet Quorum IMA00519327)
Date: December 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM EST
To: (OODA_Loop)

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan Police Department"

mdw619
12-24-2012, 7:17 PM
Perfect!!!! Mr. Gregory's questions were to get headlines, each question phrased for a specific response without explanation. Upon explanation by LaPierre, Gregory repeatedly interrupted him. I doubt this will ever make headlines but we can hope!

MattyB
12-24-2012, 7:22 PM
Super Uber Dupe.

BTW it could be a legally possessed prop or a fake.

Complain about someone that matters, like those making the laws.

Sportsmans_Arms_Gabe
12-24-2012, 7:26 PM
I love it!

artoaster
12-24-2012, 7:34 PM
Unless it was only magazine body he had.

Bill Carson
12-24-2012, 7:40 PM
Typical NBC. Agenda first always.

drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
12-24-2012, 7:50 PM
Super Uber Dupe.

Yes, it could be a prop or a fake. I guess we'll see (but I doubt it).

David Gregory and others of his ilk shape and direct the conversation about guns in this country. They are the willing shills of the Left. As such, they, their motives and their actions deserve the same scrutiny they would accord any one of us. Haven't you seen the new headlines "weapons cache found. Thousands of bullets seized!" only to find out later that it was much to do about nothing.

MattyB
12-24-2012, 8:32 PM
Yes, it could be a prop or a fake. I guess we'll see (but I doubt it).

David Gregory and others of his ilk shape and direct the conversation about guns in this country. They are the willing shills of the Left. As such, they, their motives and their actions deserve the same scrutiny they would accord any one of us. Haven't you seen the new headlines "weapons cache found. Thousands of bullets seized!" only to find out later that it was much to do about nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I know he's a POS gun grabber.

It strikes me funny that a majority of you would rather spend time basically complaining about a damn anchor than 100s of State and Us representatives and Senators.

I'll jump into the fray when you guys start diggin the dirt on Feinstein, Schumer, Steinberg, Harris and the other POLICY MAKERS.

This is as effective as a liberal complaining about Rush Limbaugh.

Priorities...

drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
12-24-2012, 8:48 PM

It strikes me funny that a majority of you would rather spend time basically complaining about a damn anchor than 100s of State and Us representatives and Senators.

I'll jump into the fray when you guys start diggin the dirt on Feinstein, Schumer, Steinberg, Harris and the other POLICY MAKERS.

Priorities...

It strikes you as funny? Limbaugh was convicted, if memory serves, of violating the law. How ironic would it be if a member of the press, while shilling for the Left about assault magazines (or were they clips?), was convicted for committing a felony on national TV. And what about every other set of hands that magazine went through on it's trip from where ever it came from until it ended up in Gregory's hands? Every one of those people may have also committed a felony. Are they all above the law? At the very least, we just might get him/them fired. (I doubt it but hey, miracles do happen!)

Complaining about dirt bag Senators and Representatives is mostly all we do anyway. And you've probably noticed, they get reelected again and again and again and again and again. But I repeat myself.

skyscraper
12-24-2012, 9:00 PM

Priorities...

How much time did it take you to read this thread?

MattyB
12-24-2012, 9:01 PM
It strikes you as funny? Limbaugh was convicted, if memory serves, of violating the law. How ironic would it be if a member of the press, while shilling for the Left about assault magazines (or were they clips?), was convicted for committing a felony on national TV. And what about every other set of hands that magazine went through on it's trip from where ever it came from until it ended up in Gregory's hands? Every one of those people may have also committed a felony. Are they all above the law? At the very least, we just might get him/them fired. (I doubt it but hey, miracles do happen!)

Complaining about dirt bag Senators and Representatives is mostly all we do anyway. And you've probably noticed, they get reelected again and again and again and again and again. But I repeat myself.

And you are complaining about what could very well be a prop.

Its petty and a waste of energy. We dont need to get in a circular argument about who deserves to be hooked up, it is worthless anyways.

I brought up Rush for just the same reason you did although what he did (abusing pain killers) will never be prosecuted if he wasnt distributing. It was a big deal for liberals though and they wanted him to get a life sentence for it.

Its a matter of priorities and Gregory is far from the top.

NSR500
12-24-2012, 9:07 PM
I hope he goes to prison.

llamatrnr
12-24-2012, 9:25 PM
Shows to go ya it's easy to become a (innocent-meaning) felon . . .

drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
12-24-2012, 9:44 PM
And you are complaining about what could very well be a prop.

Its petty and a waste of energy. We dont need to get in a circular argument about who deserves to be hooked up, it is worthless anyways.

I brought up Rush for just the same reason you did although what he did (abusing pain killers) will never be prosecuted if he wasnt distributing. It was a big deal for liberals though and they wanted him to get a life sentence for it.

Its a matter of priorities and Gregory is far from the top.

Until it is established that the magazine was, in fact, a prop, you bet your assets I'll complain about it. If it was a prop, don't you think NBC would have been saying publicly by now that it was? But they haven't. The MSM has been ignoring this issue, which I doubt anyone finds terribly surprising. Perhaps, if he gets hooked up for this, someone in the MSM will report it. If not, then yeah, just a waste of time.

Meplat
12-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Super Uber Dupe.

:troll:

Meplat
12-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that was a 20 and not a 30?

Bobby Hated
12-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Didnt he state clearly on the program that it was indeed a 30rd magazine?

He'll never get charged. Just like all the fat cats in NYC get permits. Only working class people get charged for violating gun control laws.

Librarian
12-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Dupe.

As Mr Gregory is not a politician, able to introduce laws, write regulations, or otherwise directly affect 2A, his silliness (like that of other 'celebrities'), goes to OT.