PDA

View Full Version : Need to find someone to reload 7.62x54R

idlplumb
12-24-2012, 5:27 PM
Does anyone have the capability and want to reload for me? Or if you have the other equipment, I could buy the necessary dies and either you can reload them or rent me some time on your press.

Let me know please! Thank you

bubbasmith
12-24-2012, 7:13 PM
You can buy a hand reloader for the 7.62x54r Its fairly inexpensive and a good way to learn about reloading. I got mine when I bought a m44 off a guy in Long Beach. It came with the gun. Believe it or not you use a hammer to drive the primers out and in and also setting the bullets. Check the ammo reloading forum. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more info.

Exodus343
12-26-2012, 10:15 PM
How many rounds?
I got a single stage press set up, I'm currently on winter break and I got nothing to do lol besides reload and lift weights...

idlplumb
12-27-2012, 1:20 AM
I don't have too many rounds to reload at the moment. About 140. But I'll have more soon. I wouldn't mind having these loaded and ready to go though :)

idlplumb
12-27-2012, 1:21 AM
You can buy a hand reloader for the 7.62x54r Its fairly inexpensive and a good way to learn about reloading. I got mine when I bought a m44 off a guy in Long Beach. It came with the gun. Believe it or not you use a hammer to drive the primers out and in and also setting the bullets. Check the ammo reloading forum. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more info.

I've seen the Lee loader kits and I was thinking about picking one up but the thought of hammering in live primers scares me!

JoshuaS
12-27-2012, 9:40 AM
I've seen the Lee loader kits and I was thinking about picking one up but the thought of hammering in live primers scares me!

Then get over it. Lee Loader, rubber mallet. Follow instructions. It is safe. Or as safe as most reloading

Alternatively, Lee hand-press, I saw it for about $35 at Angeles the other week. Just buy dies and scale, and calipers, and you are set

Full Clip
12-27-2012, 9:50 AM

My first reloading for .223 and 30-06 was done with a Lee kit. Slow, but cheap and works just fine and is perfectly safe if you follow instructions.

Ikazamay
12-27-2012, 10:02 AM

The first round I reloaded I accidentally set off the primer, the seeding rod just flew straight up to the ceiling and and turned my hands black no damage. After that I was more careful and it never happened again. Wear safety glasses and maybe gloves until you fell more confident.

Exodus343
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Lee auto prime is what I use, much faster too