PDA

View Full Version : LA C3 Monthly Shoot 01/09; 7PM @ LAX Firing Range (Inglewood)

RoundEye
12-24-2012, 9:49 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/ZeroG21/CalGuns/CAD7896E-7AA1-4C17-90D7-71EAFB517F11-2761-000002635B973258.jpg

Hello Everyone,

For 2013, we'll be moving this monthly recurring event from the first Wednesday of the month to the second Wednesday of the month. Hopefully this works better for everyone's schedule. Also, for 2013 we'll also be implementing a raffle for those who attend the events in Burbank, and LAX. For every event you attend you'll be given one raffle ticket for a drawing taking place at the end of the year. The more events you attend the better your chances are of winning. Prizes for the drawing are still being finalized, but expect to have a good selection of Calguns swag and other items. The drawing will be held at the last shoot of the year held at the Firing Line in Burbank.

Good luck, and I'll see you on the range!

- RoundEye

Join us at LAX Firing Range (not the airport) in Inglewood (927 West Manchester Blvd, Inglewood) on 01/09/2012 @ 7:00 PM. We're excited to team up with LAX, and they in turn have extended a discount of 10% off any in store factory ammunition not already discounted to all Calgunners.

Parking is limited, but don't fret parking is allowed at the car wash next door after hours, and there are always the lovely "safe" streets of Inglewood.

Please review the following details pertaining to the meet:

Pistols - The occasional double tap is acceptable (but if it's get's out of line the privilege will be taken away), no holstered pistols, no drawing from a holster, no open carry (all standard indoor range safety rules apply)
Rifles - High Powered Rifles up to a 50 BMG are permitted with the use of range ammunition..
Shotguns - Shotguns are also permitted, again, only with the use of range ammunition.
Cost - $10.00, stay and shoot as long as you want!
*CalGunners get membership prices on factory ammo and rentals.
** LAX members are free to attend.
*** If you've never been to LAX you'll need to purchase a shooting card for $2. This is a one time fee for new (to the range shooters).

REMINDER: - When you're there, your actions represent the entire Calguns community. We should always take responsibility for our actions, and treat their facility with the utmost respect.

They'll be reserving several lanes for us on their main range, but we will have to share the range with other walk on shooters. If there are others present, I urge you to engage them in conversations about Calguns, and why you choose to attend these types of events. They have a huge "pro shop" with tons of items available for purchase as well as a couch and multiple TVs.

So, who's in? You know there is nothing better that you'd rather do on a Wednesday night than shoot some guns with fellow CalGunners!

Hope to see you there!

- RoundEye

P.S. If you're interested in volunteering your time and helping coordinate this shoot, or one like it in your area, contact me for details.

RoundEye
12-24-2012, 9:52 AM
1.) RoundEye
2.) DeathByDoubleDip
3.) HappyCamper781
4.) Predaxian
5.) Syntax Error
6.) Ed_Hazard
7.) wilafur (?)
8.) davedog665 (+1)
9.) AUstate
10.) bgn (?)
11.) drifter001 (?)
12.) Tripeaks69 (+3)

Here is some of the items that we have available for purchase at our monthly events.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/ZeroG21/CalGuns/CGN_Apparel.png

1.) All shirts are $20 short\long sleeve or men's\women's
2.) Hats are $10
3.) Patches & Pins are $5
4.) Gun Case Tags are $2

Men's Shirts
Sizes: Shirts are available in Men's size L-XL
Colors: Black, Kahki, OD Green, Stone Washed Green

Women's Shirts
Sizes: Shirts are available in Women's size S-XL
Colors: Black, & Blue

Hats
Sizes: Adjustable (one size fits most)
Colors: Black, Khaki, Orange

*All proceeds go to the Calguns C3 / CGSSA to help fund events like this one.

DeathByDoubleDip
12-24-2012, 11:44 AM
In for once at this location. Guessing it'd be a good idea to see how far the lanes/stalls go in preparation for GSSF?

RoundEye
12-24-2012, 1:29 PM
In for once at this location. Guessing it'd be a good idea to see how far the lanes/stalls go in preparation for GSSF?

Preparation? The first match of the indoor series starts on 01/06. I won't be ale to make that one, but I'll be at the other two the first Sunday in February and March.

HappyCamper781
12-24-2012, 8:17 PM
I'm gonna try to make this one again (through traffic). Long guns with rifle calibers need to use range ammo, right?

RoundEye
12-25-2012, 1:10 AM
I'm gonna try to make this one again (through traffic). Long guns with rifle calibers need to use range ammo, right?

Yepp, anything great than .22lr will need to purchase rifle ammo from the range. The cost iof .223 is $8.00 per 20 which is not bad, but it's not really good either.

cebuvfr
12-25-2012, 1:55 AM
Sweet! I'll be there barring some last minute changes.

DeathByDoubleDip
12-25-2012, 2:43 AM
Preparation? The first match of the indoor series starts on 01/06. I won't be ale to make that one, but I'll be at the other two the first Sunday in February and March.

In general, I guess. I definitely haven't practiced enough with the 19 to consider competing. On the other hand, they do have those longer lanes to practice for rimfire rifles, right? :p

RoundEye
12-25-2012, 4:42 PM
In general, I guess. I definitely haven't practiced enough with the 19 to consider competing. On the other hand, they do have those longer lanes to practice for rimfire rifles, right? :p

Patrick it's all in good fun, and they'll drop your lowest score if you shoot all three in the series. It's $30for your first target, and $10 each additional, so you could in theory keep shooting to better your score if you want.

The lanes are 75 feet, so there is plenty of room for rimfire.

HappyCamper781
12-30-2012, 7:54 PM
Double hearing protection suggested, I'm gonna shoot my AR Pistol :)

Predaxian
12-30-2012, 8:01 PM
I'm in...see you then.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Ed_Hazard
01-01-2013, 2:48 AM

Talked to Nolan, the GSSF magazine has the wrong dates for the tournament.

No match on Jan. 6th 2013, first match should be in March followed by April and May.

Nolan should be posting the specific dates in the coming week.

PM720
01-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Talked to Nolan, the GSSF magazine has the wrong dates for the tournament.

No match on Jan. 6th 2013, first match should be in March followed by April and May.

Nolan should be posting the specific dates in the coming week.

Well, that's good news. I wasn't going to be able to make the Feb or March dates. :(

Eta, April/May might be an issue to with Norco & Reno outdoor date those weekends also. This is assuming he follows the first Sunday pattern again.

Scott

Syntax Error
01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I'll try to make it after work, I don't work too far from the range fortunately. :)

Ed_Hazard
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Well, that's good news. I wasn't going to be able to make the Feb or March dates. :(

Eta, April/May might be an issue to with Norco & Reno outdoor date those weekends also. This is assuming he follows the first Sunday pattern again.

Scott

Match dates are up. Also looks the Sat/Sunday thing is a go. So more shooters, more heats.

http://laxrange.com/self-defense-classes-firearms-shooting/glock-tournament/

March 2 & 3, 2013 SAT & Sunday 8 AM 12 NOON

April 6 & 7, 2013 SAT & Sunday 8 AM 12 NOON

May 4 & 5, 2013 SAT & Sunday 8 AM 12 NOON

Ed_Hazard
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Please put me down for the shoot on the 9th. Ed

RoundEye
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Match dates are up. Also looks the Sat/Sunday thing is a go. So more shooters, more heats.

http://laxrange.com/self-defense-classes-firearms-shooting/glock-tournament/

March 2 & 3, 2013 SAT & Sunday 8 AM 12 NOON

April 6 & 7, 2013 SAT & Sunday 8 AM 12 NOON

May 4 & 5, 2013 SAT & Sunday 8 AM 12 NOON

Ed,

That's awesome news. Thanks for keeping us apprised.

wilafur
01-04-2013, 2:54 PM
tentatively in for the 9th, depending on if i'm traveling for work or not.

davedog665
01-04-2013, 4:26 PM
I'm in +1, bringing the girlfriend to break in the new S&W Shield.

AUstate
01-07-2013, 4:26 PM
Im in again.

See you guys Wednesday

RoundEye
01-08-2013, 3:58 PM
One day BUMP!

Unless I hear otherwise, I won't be bring the shirt to tomorrow's meet, so if you want one PM me with what you want and the size. The box is just too big, and I'm tired of carting it around. I'll still bring the smaller items pins, patches, gun case tags, hats, and stickers.

Brandon04GT
01-08-2013, 4:41 PM
Quick question, as to the 10% discount off non-discounted factory new ammo, does anyone know whether this applies to what they consider LE ammo ie. HST, Ranger-T? I called LAX range recently and they told me they had em in stock but are currently only selling to LEO's because if the ammo frenzy. Anyone know if they will make an exception to Calgunners?

Also, anyone know what their prices are for 22 ammo?

Thanks!

DeathByDoubleDip
01-08-2013, 4:46 PM
Hit with deadlines and I can't make it again. Have fun and I'll see some of you at Burbank at the end of the month. :chris:

Tripeaks69
01-08-2013, 4:50 PM
Im IN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RoundEye
01-08-2013, 5:42 PM
Quick question, as to the 10% discount off non-discounted factory new ammo, does anyone know whether this applies to what they consider LE ammo ie. HST, Ranger-T? I called LAX range recently and they told me they had em in stock but are currently only selling to LEO's because if the ammo frenzy. Anyone know if they will make an exception to Calgunners?

Also, anyone know what their prices are for 22 ammo?

Thanks!

Your bet best bet to find out ammo prices would be to give them a call. As for the LEO only ammo, I don't think we'll be getting any special treatment while things are going bonkers. I spoke to management the other day, things have been pretty crazy. :(

CityHunt3r
01-08-2013, 6:08 PM
Pricing for .223 ammo
50 /$26
400 / $270
500 /$300 556
1000 / $669

bgn
01-08-2013, 9:25 PM
I'm mostly a lurker on these forums, but I'll be there providing the day isn't too crazy.

drifter001
01-08-2013, 9:30 PM
booooo why did i just see this :( i work in inglewood too! haha my station is off imperial near prairie

AUstate
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM
booooo why did i just see this :( i work in inglewood too! haha my station is off imperial near prairie

Stop by after work and put some holes in paper!

:2guns:

RoundEye
01-09-2013, 9:13 AM
I'm mostly a lurker on these forums, but I'll be there providing the day isn't too crazy.

Awesome, we love meeting new faces.

Well, we meet at 7 and typical shoot until close or so, so if you can get off in time swing by.

Tripeaks69
01-09-2013, 9:54 AM
Chad,

My cousin's family coming with me tonight @ LAX, me plus 3

RoundEye
01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
When everyone arrives check in with the range, and tell them your with Calguns. I'll be waiting over by the couch from about 6:30PM or so.

Chad,
My cousin's family coming with me tonight @ LAX, me plus 3

Awesome, sorry I missed your original post, but I have you down now!

RoundEye
01-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Awesome time tonight everyone, what an incredible turnout. Thank you to everyone for letting me play\fondle their toys, as it was much appreciated. :D

It occurred to me that I total forgot the raffle tickets this evening, so if you plan on coming to the Burbank shoot in a couple of weeks let me know there, and I'll make sure you get two. If you're not going to Burbank, but will be at one of the next LAX events, just let me know and I'll again make sure you get two. If you don't think you'll be making anymore of our events in either Burbank or LAX for the rest of this year, but you were there tonight, drop me a PM, with you name and telephone number, and i'll make sure a ticket gets entered on your behalf. If you want to know what the prizes are, you'll just have to keep coming to our monthly shoots to find out!

Someone may have lost something at tonight's event, and I may have found it. So if you're missing something and can tell me what it is, and I happen to have found that same item, we'll make arrangements to get it back to you.

Well, it was great seeing everyone, and until next month!

Exodus343
01-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Awesome time tonight everyone, what an incredible turnout. Thank you to everyone for letting me play\fondle their toys, as it was much appreciated. :D

It occurred to me that I total forgot the raffle tickets this evening, so if you plan on coming to the Burbank shoot in a couple of weeks let me know there, and I'll make sure you get two. If you're not going to Burbank, but will be at one of the next LAX events, just let me know and I'll again make sure you get two. If you don't think you'll be making anymore of our events in either Burbank or LAX for the rest of this year, but you were there tonight, drop me a PM, with you name and telephone number, and i'll make sure a ticket gets entered on your behalf. If you want to know what the prizes are, you'll just have to keep coming to our monthly shoots to find out!

Someone may have lost something at tonight's event, and I may have found it. So if you're missing something and can tell me what it is, and I happen to have found that same item, we'll make arrangements to get it back to you.

Well, it was great seeing everyone, and until next month!

Thank you for hosting!
It was nice to meet some members of this community :)

-Shawn

Tripeaks69
01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks, lets do the rifle shoots again hehehehehe.... I'll bring 22 rifle next time.

Thanks for the beer and foods, AuState... My turn next shoot...

AUstate
01-10-2013, 4:11 PM
Another great shoot! Thanks Chad for making it happen.
Good times.

cebuvfr
01-10-2013, 4:45 PM
It was my 1st group CGN shoot and look forward to the next one. Great time meeting fellow CGN'ers. Chad, thanks for hosting.

HappyCamper781
01-10-2013, 5:13 PM
It was great to shoot with everyone, sorry for making all that noise with the LWRC PSD-Pistol. :)

Syntax Error
01-10-2013, 9:01 PM
Great shoot and meet everyone! It was nice to see so many fellow Calgunners at LAX and be able to try a lot of their guns.

Thanks for the food AUstate, I definitely do owe you one next time we meet again for a shoot!

James

Exodus343
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
It was great to shoot with everyone, sorry for making all that noise with the LWRC PSD-Pistol. :)

that was a sweet looking AR-pistol

AUstate
01-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Great shoot and meet everyone! It was nice to see so many fellow Calgunners at LAX and be able to try a lot of their guns.

Thanks for the food AUstate, I definitely do owe you one next time we meet again for a shoot!

James

Sounds good James, Im thinking Delmonicos Lobster paired with a couple bottles of Dom for the next time. :cool2:

Haha!! It was great hanging out with everyone. Like I said that night after a couple of Beers, Its not too often I find myself sitting at a Bar having a conversation with 3 gentlemen about the Chiappa Rhino!

Its always great to meet people who share your passion for firearms.

Roundeye, next time you gotta grab some food with us. We will go to the place I was talking about. We can ask the ladies if they know anything about a Chiappa Rhino! ;)

Exodus343
01-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Sounds good James, Im thinking Delmonicos Lobster paired with a couple bottles of Dom for the next time. :cool2:

Haha!! It was great hanging out with everyone. Like I said that night after a couple of Beers, Its not too often I find myself sitting at a Bar having a conversation with 3 gentlemen about the Chiappa Rhino!

Its always great to meet people who share your passion for firearms.

Roundeye, next time you gotta grab some food with us. We will go to the place I was talking about. We can ask the ladies if they know anything about a Chiappa Rhino! ;)

LOL :rofl2:

Belvedere
01-18-2013, 2:12 AM
Looking forward to the next LAX range shoot. Is it usually early in the month?

Ed_Hazard
01-18-2013, 3:21 AM
Normally the 2nd Wed. of the month.

HappyCamper781
01-29-2013, 5:40 PM
Looking forward to the next one, I'll be @ LA Gun Club pretty regularly if anyone needs me for anything.

pmrsino
01-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Looking forward to the next one, I'll be @ LA Gun Club pretty regularly if anyone needs me for anything.

Yeah LA gun club is the closest for me since I hang out in Little Tokyo a lot.

I might be there this weekend

HappyCamper781
01-30-2013, 3:18 AM
Well I work 5 mins drive time from LAGC, its pretty shallow and pretty ghetto, but it's so close I always hit it up on the way home from work for a few quickit boxes of .223, even if I do get the "Evil Black Gun" glares from their primarily n00b clientele.

I was there last weekend, and I think I'm done with weekends @ LAGC for a while, too Too TOO many gun n00b/gun tourists.

HappyCamper781
01-30-2013, 3:19 AM
@Exodus Hope to see you at the next LAX shoot, if you want to buy some .223 you're always welcome to put a few rounds through the "Shorty"

Tripeaks69
02-11-2013, 2:52 PM
Are we shooting @ LAX this wed, 02/13/13? I dont see any posting the monthly shoot @ LAX

HappyCamper781
02-11-2013, 5:22 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=697324