PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagant M44 Wood stock

fishkenstein
12-24-2012, 8:15 AM
Does anyone know where can I find a good condition wood stock for my Chinese Type53 (M44), I been search on the internet (ebay/Google) and no luck .... really looking for wood stock not plastic ATI stock ....willing to pay $50 to trade your good condition wood stock to my war time stock (still ok condition)

thanks

762cavalier
12-24-2012, 8:43 AM
Why not just keep it in the original stock and keep the history intact.

jthesby
12-24-2012, 8:56 AM
Think there is one on Ebay right now

Chaos47
12-24-2012, 9:10 AM
Why not just keep it in the original stock and keep the history intact.

Agreed these rifles have been through a lot over the years. Just think about how long it has looked the way it has with no one messing with it.

That being said I guess I can understand if you replace the stock and keep the original in the closet. I guess changing it out is better then "refurbishing" the original..

Not good prices imo but if you get desperate:

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=901&idcategory=17

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=957&idcategory=17

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2092&idcategory=17

fishkenstein
12-24-2012, 9:19 AM
Thanks Chaos , the NOS is out of stock for a long time
the one on ebay looks ok
thanks guys

Chaos47
12-24-2012, 9:27 AM
Thanks Chaos , the NOS is out of stock for a long time
the one on ebay looks ok
thanks guys

Opps sorry didn't notice.
That one doesn't have any metal on it so I would stear you away from that one anyways.

Odd thought but you might watch craigslist.

fishkenstein
12-24-2012, 11:33 AM
have any one try using a full size 91/30 cut down to fit a m44?

jthesby
12-24-2012, 12:24 PM
have any one try using a full size 91/30 cut down to fit a m44?

They did when they made the 91/59's

Vlad 11
12-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes some of the 91/59's are cutdown M91 and 91/30 stocks.

You'll needsome decent woodworking skills. Round for the nose cap and correctly taper. Route out a sling hole and route out the channel for the handguard spring. You will additionally need a carbine style handguard because of the different rear sights

Odd thought but you might watch craigslist.

Haha, just found this gem: a regular 91/30 for $350

He even asked his Loyer for legal advise.

My legal counsel (Loyer) has told me I can sell my working Russian sniper rifle to anyone in california
as long as they are over the age of 18 with no paperwork needed!
It works great! Shoot big bad armor peircing rounds that will go through
any "bulletproof vest"
No registration
no ten day waiting period
I will not sell to anyone with a criminal record.
IF YOU HAVE CASH YOU CAN PICK IT UP RIGHT NOW!!!!!
PERFECT GIFT OR FOR HOME DEFENSE
Mosin Nagant 91/30 Get it before it is banned and made illegal to buy!!!!
PS it is perfectly legal for me to sell this firearm as for C&R statu

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/spo/3495508428.html

Chaos47
12-24-2012, 3:25 PM
Haha, just found this gem: a regular 91/30 for $350

He even asked his Loyer for legal advise.

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/spo/3495508428.html

PSH! Vlad that is no regular 91/30 clearly it is a rare, off the books, armor piercing, sniper rifle with C&R statu, his loyer told him so!

PS. Is a Loyer like a Lawyer that is also your Lover?

TRICKSTER
12-24-2012, 3:29 PM
Numrich. About $60.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/932420.htm

billmaykafer
12-24-2012, 5:06 PM
i like my T53 stock. it screams "i have killed for my country"

fishkenstein
12-24-2012, 5:28 PM
Sorry for being sensitive, but just make me feel mad and sad to see people will sell their gun in this way just to make more money. Btw Thanks Trickster for the nice find.

yatzee982
12-24-2012, 6:24 PM
I saw tha post also and just thought it was a gag or something. To the OP I see M44 stocks on Gbay all the time .. some better $50 - $60 .. some worse $30 - $40. Just keep your eyes open

fishkenstein
12-24-2012, 7:06 PM
Hopefully it was just a joke...thanks for all the input guys, the one at Numrich sound kind of promising, I know I cant expect too much for a 50+ year stock, But I saw some Russian m44 at AIM they look like brand new , may be some how they were hide in some warehouse never get to issues?

Bigtwin
12-24-2012, 7:17 PM
Man, wtf! Not only this guy is against the rules of craisglist (you're not allow to sell any kind of firearms on CL, is c&r rifle a firearms? I think so!)

Second, he try to boost up the sale by mislabeled it with armor peircing rounds that will go through any "bulletproof vest", I understand that 7.62x59 round can able to do that, but why the hell do you need to list it on the list! Is he 12?!

And how the hell does he know if the buyer is not criminal? Using his ipad and google the buyer? Sound like he does not care as long as they have cash.

At the end he might make an extra $200, but the rifle can get into a wrong hand and someone end up get hurt.

Jackass like him is the who screw up our system, and maker the rest of us (who follow the rules) suffer by the gov take away our right. Also make the non gun owner thinks that we "gun owers" are some kind of bad criminal guys, who sale bad ***** armor peircing rifle on CL to some 18yr old kids.

One day theyre going to ban all the c&r guns. And there is nothing we can do, because we let it happen.

Ok the CL poster IS A MORON, and I would never purchase from sombody that makes a post like his! And yes CL does not allow firearms for sell as a part of their rules. But the CL poster broke no laws (with his post)!
Fishkenstein, you are aware that C&R rifle sales are legal in CA to be done face to face(no FFL required) Right?! At least untill 2014 when the new law comes into play!

stitchnicklas
12-24-2012, 10:29 PM
got my chinese sks last week,stock was beat to hell!!!

cleaned it,sanded it nice like,stained it,oiled it,sheened it and success.

a sks stays the way it was built,looks and feels great

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=661823