PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Raffle

Guns R Tools
08-15-2007, 8:13 PM
Monthly raffle that will fund the calguns.net.
Our advertiser (by one or combined) put up an item. We buy limited number of tickets. (Depends on the value of the item)
One winner gets the item and advertiser(s) gets reimbursed for the cost of item and handles the transaction, rest goes to calguns.net.

Itmes could be scopes, mags, safes, holsters, ammo etc.

What do you think?

Fjold
08-15-2007, 8:22 PM
Depending on the item, I'll buy tickets. I'm a lefty so some things I don't use.

PIRATE14
08-16-2007, 8:06 AM
Sell unlimited tickets all the extra dough goes to the legal fund.......;)

Tweak338
08-16-2007, 8:15 AM
Sell unlimited tickets all the extra dough goes to the legal fund.......;)

I like that Idea.

Lateralus
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Im diggin it. Are we going to contribure the raffle prizes? Ive got an extra MIAD id rather give away than sell lol

cnyankee
08-17-2007, 8:05 AM
i voted earlier to just get rid of new forum BUT i like a raffle forum even better. :jump:

bwiese
08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Careful, raffles have a variety of legal issues, so let's avoid it for now and not drag Calguns into weird territory..

ORGANIZATIONS ELIGIBLE TO HOLD FUND-RAISING RAFFLES

Only eligible, private, tax-exempt, non-profit organizations (such as charities) may hold fund-raising raffles. At least 90% of the gross receipts from the raffle ticket sales must be used by the fund raising organization to benefit or support beneficial purposes in California.

These organizations must be eligible to conduct business in California for at least one year prior to conducting the raffle.

In order to be eligible, the fund-raising organization must be a charity, religious or other organization that was exempted from state taxation by the Franchise Tax Board under one of several Revenue and Taxation Codes such as section 23701(b) (fraternal orders) or 23701(d) (corporations, etc., operating exclusively for educational or other such beneficial purposes.

Prior to holding the raffle, the organization must be registered with the Attorney Generalís Registry of Charitable Trusts, and must have received written confirmation of their annual registration.

Note: Registration is not required if a) the raffle tickets are given away, and b) if solicitations of donations are in no way connected to the distribution of the tickets, and c) if this is made clear to all participants.

Also, gaming machines such as slot machines cannot be utilized, and the raffle cannot be advertised, operated or conducted over the Internet, but the organization may place an announcement regarding the raffle on its Web site.

The preceding was taken from California Penal Code section 320.5(c) and 320.5(h). Full text of this language can also be found on the California Attorney Generalís Web site. The link is http://ag.ca.gov/charities/statutes/pc320.pdf

Lateralus
08-18-2007, 11:35 AM
goddammit why does the state have to ruin everything good.

i there ANY way we could get this going?

DRM6000
08-19-2007, 8:23 AM
well, how about a thing called "karma"? they use that on the sigforum. i believe this is how it works (i'm not a regular):

1) post a karma thread with an item to be given away for free and a time frame to enter
2) others post saying that they want to enter
3) a member is chosen at random and the item is given to them

i suppose we could do that with a twist. the person who receives the item could donate, at their discresion, money to calguns. it would be completly voluntary. if they did, it would be good karma right? ;)