View Full Version : is anyone else watching this? nra vs mnbc

12-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Wayne LaPierre, the vp of the NRA is being rational talking about placing police personnel in schools and the news guy is tryin to make him look crazy

12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
:facepalm:Nevermind.. found the main thread I guess I'm watching a rerun... carry on

12-24-2012, 10:07 PM
The arguments that the media, journalism and violent content throughout our society contribute are spot on. But he was meant to be responding to the calls for guns to be removed from dangerous hands, and failed to do that in my opinion.

He could have backed a DROS/background check across the country for all gun sales including PPT (the gun show loophole some claim). He should have mentioned that the owner of the firearms was a victim, and that she did not hurt anyone or manage her firearms illegally.

But this suggestion of placing government agents in every school is absurd. Many who support 2A also support the constitution in general and feel that government is overreaching its authority to manage the lives of citizens. Our emissary is suggesting MORE government presence, ludicrous!!!
Our elected officials should be getting this county's financial house in order, and working to keep the labor strong in the US.
Our lobbyists for 2A rights should be acknowledging that wicked people do wicked things, and that millions of gun owners adhere to the laws regarding gun purchases, retention and use.

as far as what is being said about semi-auto rifles & capabilities: Even with 10rd magazines (though 30+ can be manufactured), and a bullet button (which could have been modified), 10rd mags could be swapped out swiftly & the carnage would still have claimed many lives.

btw, I have heard that A. Lanza was on meds that are similar to, if not exactly the same as, what other mass shooters were on. The students at Columbine, the Student at the San Diego high school in2000, and the student at Virginia Tech. I'm going to be looking into that.