PDA

View Full Version : Crime and guns.

the_natterjack
12-23-2012, 4:03 PM
from http://www.gunfacts.info/

CRIME AND GUNS
Basic to the debates on gun control is the fact that most violent crime is committed by repeat offenders. Dealing with recidivism is key to solving violence.
71% of gunshot victims had previous arrest records.
64% had been convicted of a crime.
Each had an average of 11 prior arrests.
63% of victims have criminal histories and 73% of the time they know their assailant (twice as often as victims without criminal histories).
Most gun violence is between criminals. This should be the public policy focus.

Can anyone point me to some supporting documents for these facts?

I'd like to use them in an email to my .gov reps.

- Brian

Baconator
12-23-2012, 4:16 PM
If you download the e-book there are foot notes that say where they got the data from.

the_natterjack
12-23-2012, 4:40 PM
Thank you, couldn't believe I missed that.

Now I'm trying to find the original documents online.

- Brian

Baconator
12-23-2012, 4:46 PM
Thank you, couldn't believe I missed that.

Now I'm trying to find the original documents online.

- Brian

No prob. :cheers2:

Rackatak
12-23-2012, 5:48 PM
from http://www.gunfacts.info/

Can anyone point me to some supporting documents for these facts?

I'd like to use them in an email to my .gov reps.

- Brian

And the response will be, "The 29% who didn't have prior arrests need to be protected."
Facts will not matter with the supermajority in Sacramento. It is highly likely that restrictive firearms legislation will pass during this two year session. Some may even be urgency bills that could take effect immediately. Even if the Governor veto's any bills that come before him it can be brought back to be over ridden by a two-thirds vote of the Senate and Assembly. Get ready for it! Our fight is going to be based upon the 2nd Amendment and how any California Bills infringe upon it. The Constitutionality question will be fought first in the Ninth Circuit and then possibly at the United States Supreme Court.