PDA

View Full Version : To All The "Armchair Lawyers"...

A.M.
12-23-2012, 10:50 AM
I say this all with the utmost respect; I'm making this post, though I know there will be backlash from some, because I believe it is in our best interest.

To all my fellow cal-guns members...

I know that these anti-gun legislators are complete idiots and that for us, as informed citizens, they are extremely easy to pick apart.

But can you PLEASE stop posting problems with their bills? Can you PLEASE stop giving step-by-step instructions on the only way they can get it passed? Can you PLEASE stop giving laundry lists of the unconstitutional and unenforceable points of the proposed laws?

I get it-- their ideas are so insane that we can't help but laugh... But all we are doing is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Do NOT underestimate these people. They might not know guns... But they know war; this is a war on firearms. They most DEFINITELY do their research on us just as we do on them.

We need to stop giving them metaphorical ammo for their assault on us.

Yes, we might feel good about ourselves and it might be great catharsis to "vent" about how stupid their law is. It might put us at ease about the future to sit and laugh about how fast X, Y, and Z will cause the bill to get shot in down in court if it DOES pass...

But I, and I'm sure you, would MUCH rather have our 2A rights stand firm as our "victory" than have our "victory" be a forum post on calguns.

Remember, the hawk with talent doesn't show it's claws.

Here's to keeping our gun rights and having as many barrel shrouds as we want.

ewarmour
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi cap mag bans are easily circumvented by adding a collapsible franistat to the mag block charge hole.

Sheesh, everybody knows that.

dieselpower
12-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I can use a shoe string to make a fully automatic firearm....make sure to put that into the law.

-hanko
12-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I say this all with the utmost respect; I'm making this post, though I know there will be backlash from some, because I believe it is in our best interest.

Remember, the hawk with talent doesn't show it's claws.
Raptors have exposed claws, you may be thinking of cats.

Hi cap mag bans are easily circumvented by adding a collapsible franistat to the mag block charge hole.

Is that the hole above the selector?:confused:

-hanko

killmime1234
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I have to agree. All the debate on here over Lee's last bill surely had to have a direct impact on the revisions of it. As they say, "loose lips sink ships."

David13
12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Well said.
Wait and see. Good thinking.
Don't put out your defense until they have put on their case.
dc

Window_Seat
12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
It's the "Shoulder thing that goes up" that really makes it evil... If they don't ban that, then we'll be OK!!!

In all seriousness...

I have to agree. All the debate on here over Lee's last bill surely had to have a direct impact on the revisions of it. As they say, "loose lips sink ships."

That's all true, very true, but we still have to discuss it. The one thing we can discuss; is already that which is in the text, relating to how these things cannot be banned because of the "common use" doctrine of Heller. In addition to that stated, we can thank the advent of instant communication via the Internet for conditions like this (http://www.daily-tribune.com/view/full_story/21220096/article-Gun-sales--carry-permits-skyrocket-?instance=latest_articles).

Erik.

Felix168
12-23-2012, 12:36 PM
1) the "anti's" aren't really idiots.
2) they think they're the lawmakers and they have the absolute power to run anyone over in this country.
3) the "Balance of Power" in our government is broken, presumably by greed and corruption.
4) you know you're in trouble when many law enforcement in this country think they're also the instant lawmakers.

So it's irrelevant of what we discuss or don't discuss on here, or anywhere.

A.M.
12-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I still think its better to play it safe-- I don't want to have a solid antigun bill to through because we were so giddy about how stupid the original was.

joemama
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Raptors have exposed claws, you may be thinking of cats.

-hanko

Pretty sure that's a hole in the shoulder thing that goes up, right next to the barrel shroud.

johnthomas
12-24-2012, 12:17 AM
OP, well said. The gun boards now more than ever are being searched with a fine tooth comp to see what they might have missed. Plea the fifth and keep our mouths shut.

IVC
12-24-2012, 12:56 AM
No matter what, these issues will be resolved in courts. It's a hassle, but it's not our choice. As we get more case law, it's going to be easier to get preliminary injunctions. Hold tight and get ready for fight. It's going to be rough for a while, but we will prevail.

A.M.
12-24-2012, 3:19 PM
My point is that, yes, no matter what, this will be fought in the courts...

But why would we give them a box full of arguments to use in the trial?

There is a reason we have the fifth.

amd64
12-24-2012, 3:52 PM

-hanko

Incorrect, it's the shoulder thing that goes sideways.

rolo
12-24-2012, 4:02 PM
Incorrect, it's the shoulder thing that goes sideways.

Shh! Loose lips...

At least I've never heard them talk about phlogiston reservoirs. Imagine if they were to ban those, it would make spray-firing from the hip impossible.

choprzrul
12-24-2012, 4:34 PM
"the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.

Meplat
12-24-2012, 4:34 PM
My point is that, yes, no matter what, this will be fought in the courts...

But why would we give them a box full of arguments to use in the trial?

There is a reason we have the fifth.

It will not be fought in the courts if Obummer gets a chance to replace one of the Heller 5.

Meplat
12-24-2012, 4:39 PM
Now I hope some that said Obama was no threat realize.

IT WAS ABOUT THE JUDGES STUPID!

winslowgirl
12-24-2012, 4:52 PM
Shh! Loose lips...

At least I've never heard them talk about phlogiston reservoirs. Imagine if they were to ban those, it would make spray-firing from the hip impossible.No worries. The recent introduction of EBR flux capacitors has rendered them obsolete, thus shooters ability to spray 'n' pray from a cool ready position will remain unaffected.

It is the restriction or outright ban on bandanas that most concerns me.

winslowgirl
12-24-2012, 5:05 PM
"the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.Yes, thank you. And indeed, there is perhaps need for such thoughtful circumspection.

The long sobs of the violins of autumn wound my heart with a monotonous languor.

The long sobs of the violins of autumn wound my heart with a monotonous languor.

rolo
12-24-2012, 6:08 PM
No worries. The recent introduction of EBR flux capacitors has rendered them obsolete, thus shooters ability to spray 'n' pray from a cool ready position will remain unaffected.

Well, that's a relief! Phlogiston refilling stations are getting harder to find anyway.

You know, first they came for our shoelaces, now they want our bandanna's? What's next, ironic scarves?

winslowgirl
12-24-2012, 7:57 PM
You know, first they came for our shoelaces, now they want our bandanna's? What's next . .?Our precious bodily fluids.

CapS
12-24-2012, 11:28 PM

Oh no, not that! Not the bandana ban!

:oji:

Cap

Wrangler John
12-25-2012, 5:49 AM
I just went to the range today, shot the new frozen lipstick bullets. They penetrated an inch of T2 armor plate and buried themselves 32 inches deep in the berm. I wouldn't have thought this possible, but there it was. Seems the lipids and cosmetic boron nitride change state when frozen, becoming a solid with properties similar to depleted uranium, and with no residual radioactive residue. Once frozen the change is permanent, they don't thaw out. Amazing that no one discovered this before. Best thing is they worked the same in every cartridge I tried them in. Revlon, Loreal and Cover Girl brands seem to work best.

NickMc
12-25-2012, 6:40 AM

My buddy came back from a tour overseas... He had a whole bag of franistats from Afghanistan.

Afghanifranistats!

Ford8N
12-25-2012, 6:50 AM
My buddy came back from a tour overseas... He had a whole bag of franistats from Afghanistan.

Afghanifranistats!

You just outed your buddy on the net, he broke the law! You should delete the post.

donw
12-25-2012, 6:55 AM
I just went to the range today, shot the new frozen lipstick bullets. They penetrated an inch of T2 armor plate and buried themselves 32 inches deep in the berm. I wouldn't have thought this possible, but there it was. Seems the lipids and cosmetic boron nitride change state when frozen, becoming a solid with properties similar to depleted uranium, and with no residual radioactive residue. Once frozen the change is permanent, they don't thaw out. Amazing that no one discovered this before. Best thing is they worked the same in every cartridge I tried them in. Revlon, Loreal and Cover Girl brands seem to work best.

^if you add a permagel penetrator to it it will add a glaze to the walls of the hole left, thereby insuring no repairs may be made to the lipogenerated sniderod.

Dutch3
12-25-2012, 7:02 AM
I hope they don't ban the johnson wire in the mag. That would render the magazine burst selector inoperative.

choprzrul
12-25-2012, 7:27 AM
You people are ridiculous. The antis reading this site know that all they have to do is ban the 3 round burst and full auto parts to render our assault rifles inop. Without those little tiny parts, every assault rifle gets neutered into a 1 shot at a time lump of metal.

I can't believe that they haven't banned those full auto parts yet.

JTecalo
12-25-2012, 10:33 AM
You people are ridiculous. The antis reading this site know that all they have to do is ban the 3 round burst and full auto parts to render our assault rifles inop. Without those little tiny parts, every assault rifle gets neutered into a 1 shot at a time lump of metal.

I can't believe that they haven't banned those full auto parts yet.

I am just about to release to the public my new automatic cartridges. Available now in selected calibers.

These innovative cartridges will convert any firearm into a fully automatic weapon...yes any firearm. Bolt action, single shot, semi-auto and even certain airsoft models.

Full DOJ, BATF, CA DOJ approved.

amd64
12-25-2012, 10:47 AM
They can ban the banana clips, but the manufacturers just need to simply retool and make the bigger plantain magazines to get around that.

Wrangler John
12-25-2012, 12:04 PM
^if you add a permagel penetrator to it it will add a glaze to the walls of the hole left, thereby insuring no repairs may be made to the lipogenerated sniderod.

Oh man I wish I'd thought of that. Too bad it's Christmas or I'd be ordering a quantity of permagel penetrators. Thanks for the info.

drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
12-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Our precious bodily fluids.

Don't temp me :)

bodger
12-25-2012, 12:12 PM
For God's sake, I hope nobody has mentioned the Gromsky Clause on this forum for the antis to read. That's our greatest weapon in the legal fight.

CenterX
12-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Don't forget the fully auto single shot scrotum flicker from China.

CSACANNONEER
12-25-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm all for helping them write proper legislature to ban salted chips. Afterall, we all know that "salted chips" are responsible for more heart attacks and deaths im this country than guns are. We really need to do something to stop the senseless murder of our children due to these products. It amazes me just how easy it is for anyone to get them. No age restrictions or ID is required.

choprzrul
12-25-2012, 4:24 PM
I'm all for helping them write proper legislature to ban salted chips. Afterall, we all know that "salted chips" are responsible for more heart attacks and deaths im this country than guns are. We really need to do something to stop the senseless murder of our children due to these products. It amazes me just how easy it is for anyone to get them. No age restrictions or ID is required.

Ah, the old bait and switch. While you are talking about salted chips, you are getting them to ignore unsalted chips. All of that oil and frying is the real killer.

mrdd
12-26-2012, 1:17 AM
You know, first they came for our shoelaces, now they want our bandanna's? What's next, ironic scarves?

Our precious bodily fluids.

Have you ever heard about the fluoridation of water?

victor1echo
12-26-2012, 5:05 AM
Have you ever heard about the fluoridation of water?

Uhmm fluoride! Good for the pineal. But even better than tracers! They better not ban Crest. It works like Teflon when you coat the bullets and they will work similar to the lipstick rounds above.

LBDamned
12-26-2012, 8:33 AM
Shh! Loose lips...

At least I've never heard them talk about phlogiston reservoirs. Imagine if they were to ban those, it would make spray-firing from the hip impossible.

what about a raptious trigger and fling-grip?... I wonder if they can go after those?... Those bastards won't stop at anything :mad:

We should start a list of things we pray they don't ban... but they are probably monitoring this very thread - so I'm afraid we've said too much already :TFH:

Wherryj
12-26-2012, 8:55 AM
I can use a shoe string to make a fully automatic firearm....make sure to put that into the law.

You need a shoe string? I know how to do it with reusable cotton shopping bags. It's too bad that the CA governments have just unleashed armageddon by forcing ALL of us to have these "conversion kits".

command_liner
12-26-2012, 9:30 AM
You need a shoe string? I know how to do it with reusable cotton shopping bags. It's too bad that the CA governments have just unleashed armageddon by forcing ALL of us to have these "conversion kits".

When I moved out of California I changed all my reusable cotton shopping
bags back into their pre-ban form. Now I have back all the 100-round
Vickers machine gun belts I had before moving to California.

Neo Sharkey
12-26-2012, 9:37 AM
A friend of mine says he has been able to use Navy surplus bulkhead remover to etch the receiver to convert his AK-15 to full auto (he is in a free state, so he went through the ATF background check and paid the $200 tax stamp) It never occurred to me that you could use bulkhead remover like that!

rolo
12-26-2012, 9:45 AM
A friend of mine says he has been able to use Navy surplus bulkhead remover to etch the receiver to convert his AK-15 to full auto (he is in a free state, so he went through the ATF background check and paid the $200 tax stamp) It never occurred to me that you could use bulkhead remover like that!

I hope they do ban it, I stocked up in anticipation. You know how hard it is to find already, I'm going to make a mint once word gets out. No such thing as bad publicity!

Akers
12-26-2012, 9:53 AM

It's true, I seen it! ;)

furyous68
12-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm all for 1st amendment rights.. but maybe we should put this site under marshal law & give the moderators the power of executive order to delete any post that may give the opposition an upper hand?

gotshotgun?
12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm all for 1st amendment rights.. but maybe we should put this site under marshal law & give the moderators the power of executive order to delete any post that may give the opposition an upper hand?

Considering this is a privately owned website, the moderators already have the power to do this. 1st amendment rights do not apply here.

FoxTrot87
12-26-2012, 10:32 AM
The 1st does not apply to this forum... We need to play it safe. We already live in a country where this is an instant felony...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQlQ0Ul1lsT3mDABhdcbDfD6OXrJsmj _ZqVjvAWhPy8P5tUeP0CQ

A.M.
12-28-2012, 2:01 PM
^What is that?

VAReact
12-28-2012, 6:18 PM
Looks like a funnel to pour booze into a flask? :shrug:

A.M.
12-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Weird!

LBDamned
12-29-2012, 12:31 PM
guys, we obviously can't discuss what is really is and how it works - you never know what gun nazi's are monitoring these forums - and as soon as they know what it is, they'll ban it - Even though they've never used it, have no idea what it's function is or how beneficial it is to law abiding citizens...

Keep 'em guessing...

I sure hope they never figure out how we're using clothes pins :D