PDA

View Full Version : J&G Sales trip

Calplinker
12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Was in the area, so I went by Friday at 8 AM, when they were supposed to open. Sign on door said they wouldn't open till 10. Waited around and got in line at 9:30 behind 3 other people.

We were all curious as to what we'd find when the doors opened as their website showed them pretty much sold out of everything, including ammo.

I joked that they were hopefully delaying their opening to stock the shelves with shipments that had arrived Thursday after closing.

Doors opened at 10 with four counter people ready to go and the walls fully stocked with evil black guns!!!! By then there must have been 25 people in line and each clerk had a line of 5-6 people waiting their turn. Crazy.

Sure enough, the sales guy said the walls were bare COB the day before, but they had received in quite a few things, including AR and AK mags, lots and lots of black guns and even some ammo.

I was only there to buy a CZ-82, and ammo for it, but went ahead and bought 1000 rounds of 7.62X39 just cause. It'll save me from fighting the crowds at the gun show in a week or two.

It was very nice to see their prices were just about the same as I remember them.

As usual, they were all very professional and I was out the door by 10:15. Couple of people around me were buying 2-3 AR's and AK's at a time and maxing out their credit cards.

Crazy!!!!

Lady who was 2nd in line simply wanted two, 30 round AR mags for her son as stocking stuffers. She probably has no idea how lucky she was that they were in stock for only $20. She was out the door and on with her day even before I was.

JLMXD
12-23-2012, 11:10 AM
how nice were the CZ 82s? I was thinking of going out to get one myself.

Calplinker
12-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I paid $10 extra for hand select and it is in very good condition with only slight holster wear marks on the bluing.

Buddy of mine bought one awhile back and I got to shoot his. Wasn't all that familiar with them, but loved it!!!! Very accurate with the polygonal rifling and as a lefty, I'm digging the ambi magazine release and safety.

Should have bought a couple more as they will be gone soon just like the inexpensive P1's awhile back.

Capybara
12-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I bought a CZ82 from J&G in person about a month ago. Great condition, I have been looking at other dealers on-line inventory and mine is much nicer. It has one chip of paint missing on the handle below the trigger guard, other than, tiny bit of holster wear but overall, very nice condition. Mine was built in 1990.

I have to be honest, the ammo came UPS the day after I did my last range trip and have not shot it yet, but I am looking forward to doing so.

ZombieZoo
12-23-2012, 12:08 PM
I thought you had to "have proof of AZ residency" to buy guns cash&carry.

Chaos47
12-23-2012, 12:13 PM

C&R FFL03 I am guessing

TRICKSTER
12-23-2012, 12:27 PM

This is after all the C&R Forum. Many of us have a 03FFL that allows us to purchase C&R weapons out of state.

Capybara
12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Yup, FFL03, this, along with my new "old" P38 were my first C&R handguns. I should have got my FFL03 twenty years ago. When I think of all of the great guns, options and choices I could have had...

At least I have it now.

Toyman321
12-23-2012, 8:11 PM
I missing my normal trip out to AZ and to J&G next month...... I always leave with something, get home and wish I had bought more.