PDA

View Full Version : Ammo permit,? This is BS...

pilot1695
12-23-2012, 8:28 AM
Article 4. Ammunition Purchase Permits

30370.(a) (1) Commencing on June 1, 2014, any person who is a resident of this state and who is 18 years of age or older may apply to the department for an ammunition purchase permit, in a format to be prescribed by the department.
(2) The ammunition purchase permit shall entitle the permit holder to purchase or otherwise acquire ownership of ammunition from an ammunition vendor as that term is defined in Section 16663 and shall have no other force or effect.
(b) The department shall issue an ammunition purchase permit to the applicant if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The applicant is 18 years of age or older.
(2) The applicant is not prohibited from acquiring or possessing ammunition by the laws of this state.
(3) The applicant pays the fees set forth in subdivision (i).
(c) (1) Upon receipt of an initial or renewal application, the department shall examine its records and is authorized to request records from the State Department of Mental Health, pursuant to Section 8104 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, and if authorized, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, as described in of Section 922(t) of Title 18 of the United States Code, in order to determine if the applicant is prohibited from possessing or acquiring ammunition.
(2) The applicant shall be approved or denied within 30 days of the date of the application. If the application is denied, the department shall state the reasons for doing so and provide the applicant an appeal process to challenge that denial.
(d) The ammunition purchase permit shall be valid for one year from the date of issuance.
(e) The department shall send a notice of the expiration of an ammunition purchase permit, by first-class mail or other means that are equivalent, including electronic mail, to the address of the person as shown by the records of the department, not less than 90 days before the expiration date, and shall enclose or contain a form for the renewal of the permit.
(f) The ammunition purchase permit shall be revoked by the department upon the occurrence of any event which would have disqualified the holder from being issued the ammunition purchase permit pursuant to this section.
(g) The ammunition purchase permit shall be in a tamper-proof form prescribed by the department and shall include the name, address, photograph, date of birth, a unique identifying number, expiration date from the date of issuance, physical characteristics, including the height, weight, eye color, and hair color of the permitholder, and other information that may be prescribed by the department.
(h) The department shall recover the reasonable cost of administering this section by charging applicants an initial application and annual renewal application fee.
(i) All fees received pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the Dealerís Record of Sale Special Account of the General Fund.
(j) The implementation of this section by the department is exempt from the Administrative Procedure Act (Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code).
(k) The department shall annually review and shall adjust the fees specified in subdivision (h), if necessary, to fully fund, but not to exceed the reasonable costs of, the permit program provided by this section, including the enforcement of this program.
(l) The Attorney General is authorized to adopt regulations to implement the provisions of this section.

ummmmmm456
12-23-2012, 8:40 AM
this hasn't passed right? its a proposed bill?

Doheny
12-23-2012, 8:47 AM
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB53

CSACANNONEER
12-23-2012, 8:49 AM
This is a dupe of a dupe of a dupe. It's BS that another thread about it has to be opened.

scrubb
12-23-2012, 8:56 AM

Proposed bill. Please join as many gun rights organizations as you can to help. CRPA has already filed a lawsuit against this ammo bill. Fight with your wallet and your pen....we need to stand united now more than ever.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=660580

Please join if you can. If you dislike one substitute another.

NRA http://www.nra.org/. (National Rifle Association)

SAF http://www.saf.org/ (Second Amendment Foundation)

CRPA http://www.crpa.org/ (California Rifle and Pistol Association)

Calgunsfoundation www.calgunsfoundation.org

http://www.calffl.org/

gschoelles
12-23-2012, 9:12 AM
Just another tax that will cause purchasers to go to a free state to spend their money.

Mr.1904
12-23-2012, 9:44 AM

They just announced it last week.

CaliforniaLiberal
12-23-2012, 9:52 AM

What? Didn't you get your application in? The deadline was Friday, we all got are Ammo Permits weeks ago.

I feel so much safer now when I buy ammo, the Police instantly know my name, address, fingerprint, CDL, the caliber, maker and quantity of ammo I'm buying. We should have done this years ago.

:)

ummmmmm456
12-23-2012, 9:58 AM
What? Didn't you get your application in? The deadline was Friday, we all got are Ammo Permits weeks ago.

I feel so much safer now when I buy ammo, the Police instantly know my name, address, fingerprint, CDL, the caliber, maker and quantity of ammo I'm buying. We should have done this years ago.

:)

hahahahahaha, my bad guys......

ewarmour
12-23-2012, 10:12 AM
I just bought 1700 rounds on the interwebz. Oops.

These people are retarded. I am amazed that we actually elect these idiots.

Fellblade
12-23-2012, 10:49 AM
They got us this time. That bill is so expertly crafted that we're all done for.

CaliforniaLiberal
12-23-2012, 10:56 AM
They got us this time. That bill is so expertly crafted that we're all done for.

Yes! This bill leaves no hope, no hope at all. They are cruel, clever and merciless indeed. I'm shocked by how carefully written and focussed the bill language is. It's a meticulous work of genius.

Ashes and despair, ashes and despair. Woe, woe, woe.

bohoki
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
i do a lot of shooting in nevada i'll make sure i bring back the exact amount i took outhttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/026/a/7/Wink___Grimace_by_Lesslya.gif

SilverTauron
12-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes! This bill leaves no hope, no hope at all. They are cruel, clever and merciless indeed. I'm shocked by how carefully written and focussed the bill language is. It's a meticulous work of genius.

Ashes and despair, ashes and despair. Woe, woe, woe.

Agreed.By my amateur analysis,you guys are boned. Better hand your guns in to the buyback table like everyone else..............

nothinghere2c
12-23-2012, 11:03 AM

expertly. i agree :(

njineermike
12-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Who gives the upcoming ammunition safe handling test?

frankm
12-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Oh no, don't throw me in the Briar Patch!

Librarian
12-23-2012, 11:36 AM
When talking about CA bills, it is important to include the bill number in the thread title.

That will let you successfully scan the forum thread titles, and tell you whether or not your about-to-be-posted thread is a duplicate, as this one is.

As much as I agree that most bills in this arena are Not Good Things, a litany from all the members bemoaning each bill is NOT 2A forum material.