View Full Version : Black Rifle proponents are pointing fingers...

12-22-2012, 11:42 PM
I realized a little bit ago that every 'pro-rifle' article or opinion I read points to FBI UCR stats showing that rifles are used in 3.5% of murders/assaults, and that handguns, knives, and baseball bats are used more often.

I get this argument; don't blame the rifle, don't take away my AR, etc.

The problem I have with this argument is that it seems that WE (responsible gun owners) are actually pointing the finger at our semi-auto handguns as the bigger threat.

This could have the unintended consequence of redirecting the attention to semi-autos in general, or at handguns instead.

Some people aren't worried about this based on recent SCOTUS decisions. I don't have as much faith in the government to do right by us.

This is just an observation I've made. The other day during Obama's press conference (where he announced Biden's commission) I had a psychiatrist tell me she was 'fantasizing' that BHO was going to announce emergency legislation or regulations immediately banning assault weapons. These are the same people charged with determining people like A. L.'s (I refuse to use the shooters name, thus encouraging others) mental condition.

12-23-2012, 12:11 AM
I think people are focused on the rifle bit because the main focus seems to be on keeping people from their Evil Black Rifles.

And that psychiatrist you spoke with needs locked up herself if she's fantasizing about banning guns. That just sounds like the kind of crazy you don't want having them in the first place.

12-23-2012, 12:16 AM

12-23-2012, 12:17 AM
The anti-gunners are already on to this. Was listening to this the other day at lunch. Lovely. (http://www.npr.org/2012/12/20/167694808/assault-style-weapons-in-the-civilian-market) I'd like to take a moment to thank the NRA, NSSF, The Freedom Group, and FNH for ALL declining to be on this show (skip to the very end), thus giving Mr Tom Diaz 35 full minutes to spout the Violence Policy Center's anti-semi-auto agenda without any rebuttal.

We need put the brakes on the "More guns!", "Cold dead hands", and "It's a right, not a privilege" messages, and start seriously considering how to improve our own images of responsibility and competence.

12-23-2012, 12:20 AM
The major issue right now is "assault weapons" so everyone is trying to divert attention away from them by using facts showing that these guns are not causing problems by being "on our streets" instead of "the battlefield" like all the liberal news outlets are saying.

They already want to take away all semi auto firearms, this is just the first step in a much bigger plan. Once they take the bottom card out of this house of cards its all going to crumble.

Using facts to counter their "facts" aka bias opinion is the only way we can turn the tables on them in the average persons eyes. Getting our information out to enough open minded (aka not totally anti and willing to have a real debate not this sham debate) people is going to be the biggest challenge.

12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
We should never fear the facts.

And we keep drawing attention to that statistics because the ONLY firearms ban currently being discussed can be shown to have NO EFFECT on violent crime, that it's just feel-good, Culture Wars BS for the cameras. Once I have made that point crystal clear, I can move on to discuss what folks really will think have an effect on violent crime. And I have the statistics for all that too.

A handgun ban is not on the horizon.