PDA

View Full Version : Newark's solution to crime - they'll film you while you get murdered!

LAK Supply
08-14-2007, 11:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070814/ap_on_re_us/schoolyard_killings

These people just never learn.... :mad: one more reactive approach to crime. Instead of allowing people to have the tools to take responsibility for their own defense, these politicians are turning the city into a big television. Now when you are getting murdered you will find comfort in the fact that at least the powers that be are watching you die and will possibly do something about your untimely demise. I'm sure that's comforting to the students that were murdered in that schoolyard last week.....

We need to find a way to hold accountable the politicians who deny individuals their right to self-defense. It is my opinion that these politicians are directly responsible for the murders of innocent people through their policies that make self-defense impossible without the victims themselves becoming criminals.

Is there any way to file wrongful death suits on this premise? These things will not stop until the politicians are held personally accountable.

Rumpled
08-15-2007, 1:20 AM
London has lots of cameras.
Helps the unarmed bobbies write reports about the carnage.

bulgron
08-15-2007, 6:41 AM
My understanding is that people know where the camera's AREN'T in London, and they commit crimes there. This includes places like parks and alleys and such. It's impossible to get 100% coverage and even if you could it's impossible to have enough people to monitor all the cameras.

I've also read that attractive women get a lot more attention from the monitors than anyone else.

Cameras are just a massive waste of public resources, and the only thing they're guaranteed to do is intrude on the privacy of the common individual. But I don't think I have to tell anyone here that.

LAK Supply
08-15-2007, 8:21 AM
Yeah, 'cause we all know that London's crime free, and what public official would dare look at hot women with public "safety" equipment on public time?! I think they're looking into flying camera drones now...... the almighty government knows best I'm sure.......

tiki
08-15-2007, 9:22 AM
And, we all know criminals don't wear masks.

Piper
08-15-2007, 9:26 AM
Maybe we can get the politicians to drink the Koolaid.

bulgron
08-15-2007, 9:53 AM
And, we all know criminals don't wear masks.

Or a hat.

Aren't all those cameras set up high so that they look down on people? It seems like a broad-rimmed hat would very effectively obscure your face from the cameras. Just don't look up while you're mugging your prey.

LAK Supply
08-15-2007, 4:35 PM
You guys are being entirely too logical! There is no room in this argument for logic.... not when there's a city to control and stolen taxpayer dollars to spend!

Solidmch
08-15-2007, 8:06 PM
I have been told most of ther cameras in the Bayview have been damaged or moved to point in a direction of no value. When there was a murder captured it weas too grainy and the suspect put on his ski mask.

Charliegone
08-15-2007, 8:09 PM
So wait..they'll put cameras up..find the guy who killed the other guy..probably throw him in jail, life imprisonment..with the taxpayer paying for the guy to spend life in jail...if you ask me..if the guy is caught on camera shooting the other dude..they should do the taxpayer a favor and execute the guy...did you guys know that the average inmate has tv, etc (everything they can possibly need for a fun time) and better healthcare (yes it's true!) than the average person...it's amazing...justice,..my a**!

tankerman
08-15-2007, 8:14 PM
Newark is a dump, put a fence around it and call it a prison