PDA

View Full Version : do we act now per NRA email?

mag360
12-22-2012, 4:49 PM
It was important that we wait for a unified call. Just got this in an email from the NRA.

NOW is the time for you to contact lawmakers in Washington, D.C., and in your state, and let them know that gun bans and other restrictions on our Second Amendment rights are not the solution

So, is this *it*? Fire up those faxes and phones?

Danz la Nuit
12-22-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't see a majority of Americans doing much of anything productive in terms of politics for as long as the power is still on and the televisions are channeling their opiates into our minds, bodies, & souls.

wildhawker
12-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Http://FirearmsPolicy.org. Coming soon.

Laddy
12-22-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't see a majority of Americans doing much of anything productive in terms of politics for as long as the power is still on and the televisions are channeling their opiates into our minds, bodies, & souls.

Hahahaha.....definitely stealing that, sorry.

MikeinnLA
12-22-2012, 11:27 PM
contact lawmakers in Washington, D.C., and in your state, and let them know that gun bans and other restrictions on our Second Amendment rights are not the solution

Save yourself some time. Just ask them to vote for whatever will get them re-elected. That's what they're gonna do anyways.:shrug:

Mike

SoCal326
12-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Http://FirearmsPolicy.org. Coming soon.

I am not familiar with this organization. Should we expect this site to help direct our unified voice in the same way stopsb249 did, but on a national level?

bishop2queen's6
12-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Don't under estimate the power of a letter.

Email, mail a letter, expressing a formal sincere concern about your 2nd amendment rights to your local representative, senator, congressman, mayor, etc...

The voice of one will become the voice of many. Public pressure will force legislation.

roushstage2
12-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I am not familiar with this organization. Should we expect this site to help direct our unified voice in the same way stopsb249 did, but on a national level?

The Stop SB249 campaign has become the Firearms Policy Coalition. Same idea, but focusing on everything at both the state and federal levels, I believe.

wildhawker
12-23-2012, 1:29 AM

FirearmsPolicy.org is not an organization but the website for the Firearms Policy Coalition, which is Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation, Cal-FFL, and CGF here in California. The Stop SB 249 Campaign was the test model; this is the next generation with a national component.

FPC is modern, adaptive, and efficient way for people to take action. Scale is a design feature.

-Brandon

dchem
12-23-2012, 4:33 AM
Is this the time to think about all of us joining Democratic Party so we can unseat Feinstein and Boxer in their own primary?

mag360
12-23-2012, 7:04 AM
Fyi get twitter and add firearms policy commission to your feed.

13withinfinity
12-23-2012, 7:10 AM
Is this the time to think about all of us joining Democratic Party so we can unseat Feinstein and Boxer in their own primary?

I am a registered democrat, and I voted against them pretty much every step of the way. Not really much of a democrat anymore as I was when I was younger.. but eh, I cross the lines as often as I can

Doheny
12-23-2012, 9:14 AM
http://www.thegunmag.com/firearms-policy-coalition-launch-on-eve-of-proposed-gun-bans/

ewarmour
12-23-2012, 9:16 AM
FirearmsPolicy.org is not an organization but the website for the Firearms Policy Coalition, which is Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation, Cal-FFL, and CGF here in California. The Stop SB 249 Campaign was the test model; this is the next generation with a national component.

FPC is modern, adaptive, and efficient way for people to take action. Scale is a design feature.

-Brandon

Where can I donate?