PDA

View Full Version : Price-checking my entire WW2 C&R collection (GOT IT, THANKS GUYS)

thefifthspeed
12-22-2012, 4:29 PM
As stated in another thread, i've become a bit out of touch with gun prices. Unfortunately, the time has come where I will be sell the majority of my collection and I am having trouble setting prices for all of my guns, here is where I need CG's help. I'm in no rush to sell (need em gone by May) so I would like to avoid selling them at fire-sale prices. I would also like to keep these guns in CA so I will be posting exclusively to CG for at least a few months before I post to Gunbroker.

Here is my list for sale:
* Denotes not an actual C&R but they are reproductions of WW2 era rifle.
1) 1941 Johnson
*2) 1918 A3 BAR (Semi-Auto, CA Legal model by Ohio Ordinance Works)
*3) M53 (Semi Auto, CA Legal model by Wise Lite)
*4) M3A1 Grease Gun (Semi Auto, CA legal model produced by Valkyrie Arms)
*5) M1927 Thompson (Semi Auto, CA legal model produced by Auto Ordinance)
6) K43
7) SVT-40
8) M1 Garand - Winchester
9) M1 Garand - Harrington and Richardson
10) M1 Garand – Springfield
11) M1 Carbine – Rockola
12) 1903 – Springfield
13) K98
14) K31
15) Lee Enfield
16) M1911 – Remington Rand (Original)
17) P08 (Luger)
18) C96 (Broomhandle Mauser)
19) Type 14 (Nambu)

Further details:
1) 1941 Johnson This is an all original B-series Johnson with the original park being 98%+. This barrel is PRISTINE! I seriously wonder if the rifle had ever been shot because the lands and groves are sharp and clean. Original bayo lug is still present and the receiver is unmolested (not tapped or drilled). The stock is original but there are 4 small holes on the left side of the stock. Someone pointed out to me that they were the size of where a placard may have sat, as it may have been a museum piece at one time. I feel confident in saying this Johnson is among the top 10% in condition among the remaining Johnsons I’ve seen on the market.

*2) 1918 A3 BAR
This is one of the first BAR’s that OOW produced (low 500 serial number). I’ve put about 100-120 rounds down the pipe.The “parts” appear to be Korean-era (going off of barrel date) but the receiver is built by OOW. This model is the traditional WW2 style with the Bakelite stock. I also had a local gun shop machine the “flash hider” into a muzzle break.

*3) M53 (Yugo repo of the MG42)
Brand new, never been fired. I bought this from Henderson Defense when they sold a limited run to CA (I believe they only made 10 for CA). This M53 is still sitting in the crate just the same as I bought it. Henderson equipped the top cover with a “bullet button” in order to make it CA compliant. Original build done by Wiselite.

*4) M3A1 Grease Gun
Super rare rifle here. Valkyrie arms made some of the then went out of business. I don’t know how many of these were made but I haven’t seen another one pop up since I bought this one. It currently has a straight lock on the mag release.

*5) M1927 Thompson
This is a like new Thompson from Auto Ordinance.This Model is the 1927A1 Deluxe. The setup comes with both a “bullet button” type lock and a wood fin grip. I had a woodworker make a couple fin grips.

6) K43
The bore is perfect bright and shiny very strong looks almost unfired, all of the metal parts are "matching," clean Phosphate finish, Non import marked, original mag marked AYE, has original sight hood, has cleaning rod, no oiler, replacement buttplate, stock has been sanded.
Comes with a spare bolt and mount for a scope mag is AYE

7) SVT-40
Purchased from Oak about 3-4 years back. Same rifle as here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=227117&highlight=svt

8) M1 Garand - Winchester
This is more or less a mix-master purchased from the CMP about 3-4 years ago. 2.42 mil receiver – Barrel marked SA F6535448 1-55 A2220 – Op Rod marked 35382 WRA – Trigger groups is a post war SA – Post war sights - Hammer is a post war SA – Barrel gauges TE 1.0 MW 2.0 – This is an excellent barrel and would make a great shooter.

9) M1 Garand - Harrington and Richardson
I believe this to be “correct,” possibly original. 5.63mil receiver – Barrel is marked HRA 6535448 5 55 6552 – Op Rod marked 6535382 HRA – Trigger Group Marked 6528290 HRA – Hammer marked HRA 5546008 –Windage Knob marked DRC – Gas Plug marked HRA O – Stock marked with 3/8” DAS – Finnish is 98%+ dark black park – Barrel gaugesTE 0.5 MW 1.0 This barrel is pristine

10) M1 Garand – Springfield
3.18mil receiver – matching barrel marked 1 – SA 9 -44 – Op Rod matching marked D35382 9 SA – Trigger Housing matching marked D28290 14 – SA – Sights are long pinion lock bar – Hammer marked C46008 7 SA – Follower marked 12 – Safety is marked SA 11 – Barrel gauges TE 3.0 MW 3.25

11) M1 Carbine – Rockola
1.74mil receiver “first block” 1943, More or less a mixmaster but many of the big parts are Rockola. This does come with a nice stock marked with a distinct cartouche UEF GHD stock (original to Underwood carbines). Matching Rockola barrel. Type 3 bayo band (MMQ), Sight marked IRCO, Trigger housing marked SG, Inland hammer, Winchester slide, Rock-Ola bolt. The park looks to be in original condition and it is about 97-98%. Of the dozen or so carbines I’ve owned, this one by far has the nicest finish. Muzzle wear gauges a “2.” I misplaced my TE gauge for the .30 carb so I don’t have a reading for you but I suspect the TE is low. This barrel is in very nice condition, no pitting, groves are very strong.

12) 1903 – Springfield
This is a nice 3.33 mil receiver WW2 ear 1903. Serial number puts the rifle as a 1941. Barrel marked 12-42 with RA and flaming bomb proof. Bolt is electro-pencil matched. Stock is probably an arsenal replacement. It does have the last 4 serial stamped into it, but I cannot detect any cartouches. Underside of stock marked with an “X” under the receiver area and a “1” under the grip.

13) K98
Russian Capture K98 Marked 1937 S27

14) K31
I know almost zero about these. Looks pristine, from what I can tell all matching.

15) Lee Enfield
I think this is a Mk4 No1, the more common ones. Purchased at Big 5 about 5 years ago.

16) M1911 – Remington Rand (Original)
This Remington Rand is in original condition, all parts matching (including grips). Serial number puts it as 1945. Original park is in 97%+ condition, idiot mark is present. Clear FJA inspector mark. Includes 2 magazines, one unmarked, the other marked C-R.

17) P08 (Luger)
This is a nice 1920 commercial Luger. Chambered in 7.65, all of the metal parts match but the magazine is unmarked. Good clean bore, would make a great shooter.

18) C96 (Broomhandle Mauser)
This is a beautiful circa 1920’s post war C96. I was told that although this is a post WW1 pistol, this pistol here still retained the longer pre-war barrel (maybe someone can chime in and offer more info). This pistol has been beautifully re-blued with what appears to be a “fire blue.”

19) Type 14 (Nambu)
I don’t know a ton about this pistol. The finish looks around 50%-ish with the barrel being the thinnest area. Date stamped 15.9 on the frame which would put this as an early-war September 1940.

I've got a rough idea what most of these should go for. I plan to finalize the list Sunday and post in CG's marketplace this Monday. Until then, please no PM's with offers.

REH
12-22-2012, 6:45 PM
I would think Gunbrokers, or simular auction, would be the best for recent prices. Check the closed auctions for the sold price.

Lucky Scott
12-22-2012, 6:49 PM
Well, #7 the SVT sold for $700. I would price yours at 700 to 800

1-M-42
12-22-2012, 7:05 PM
I've seen Johnsons listed between $4800 and $12,700. No alpha range is highest. Standard k31s are between $300 and $400 or so depending on bore, blue, stock condition and material (walnut or beech). Looking forward to the release date

mosinnagantm9130
12-22-2012, 8:01 PM
The K43 (without the spares) should be around ~$1500, the sanded stock hurts value here quite a bit. I'm not certain what the spares are worth. edit: What code is the K43? If it's a rare maker that could help value

SVT ~$800-$900.

ih8ca
12-22-2012, 8:23 PM
What part of ca are you located in? I see a few I might be interested in when you get some numbers.

pitfighter
12-22-2012, 9:11 PM
K43 is $2200 to $3500 - depending on the stock sanding - these rifles are enjoying a spike in value at the moment.
I did find one for $1500 last year - but I could turn around and sell it VERY quickly - I didn't, as I believe their value will continue to increase.

But as I wrote in my PM to you, and as others are pointing out in this thread - use Gunbroker and check realized auctions - it really is the best gauge.
If you decide to list these on GB please give us all a heads up by listing your gunbroker handle here, and I am sure more than a few of us will drive the bidding up, you have an awesome collection there.

I hope your reasons for selling are good ones and nothing negative is forcing your hand.

A collection like that took some time to assemble.

Happy Holidays,

Pit.

InFamous20
12-22-2012, 9:19 PM
i've seen some M1 carbines and Garands sell anywhere between 625-900 and 800 and up for the garands.

I'm interested in few. After you get exact prices. :)

marksolar
12-22-2012, 9:36 PM
OP stated he wants the guns to stay in CA. Offering to us before the GB route.

Thank you.

pitfighter
12-22-2012, 10:03 PM
I missed that part, marksolar - I went straight to the descriptions, lol.

xibunkrlilkidsx
12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
12 posts...and no This threaded worthless with out pictures?

nice collection on everything. the Enfield and k31 tickle my fancy.

olhunter
12-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Just Great. Now I have to stay up all night Sunday waiting for this....

Wiselite is selling their last nickel-plated M53 for $4000, so that's ballpark for yours.

thefifthspeed
12-23-2012, 1:42 AM
Thanks for all of the helpful replies. Many of the firearms I couldn't get a price number for, I had thought they would sell for substantially less (ex. the Johnson, M53 and K43). I plan on spending all day tomorrow rounding up all of the spare parts and accessories for each gun and I should have a final value list tomorrow night and hopefully post to the marketplace around midnight or so.

mmakay
12-23-2012, 7:04 AM
Well, if your price on the Winchester Garand is fair, I'm very interested. I'm a sucker for less-than-collectable "shooters"! Feel free to PM a price before posting! :p

microwaveguy
12-23-2012, 7:24 AM
i have seen 1903's go for $500 to $900 depending on condition.

Figures that I am going to be internet limited for the next day or so when these are listed :(

winetoad
12-23-2012, 8:34 AM
If only I had a bunch of money. Would love to see pictures of these.

dfletcher
12-23-2012, 6:41 PM
I bought a 1918 BAR a few years back - paid $2,700.00 for it at the Reno Gun Show. The seller dumped his motorbike so I suppose he was a motivated seller. I've seen one or two at local gun stores with a $4,200.00 price tag and they've been sitting for 3 or 4 years. We're I in no hurry to sell I suppose I'd slap $3,800.00 on it, but a gun at this price - especially a "re-model" isn't going to go fast.

I'd say the Enfield is about $250.00.

krazz
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
That Johnson looks nice as hell... but 6500 is a little much.

Whoosdat
01-02-2013, 1:45 AM
I would be Interested in one of the garrands for the right price. Let us know when you are ready to sell.

GOEX FFF
01-02-2013, 3:03 AM
I would be Interested in one of the garrands for the right price. Let us know when you are ready to sell.

OP's already had them up for sale for over a week and the Garands are sold -

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=662480

backstrap
01-02-2013, 10:04 AM
OP's already had them up for sale for over a week and the Garands are sold -

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=662480

YUP! He came to the C&R forum, used us for pricing then slapped em in the sale section lol. I'm sure a few of is sent PM's that weren't responded to. Oh well hope he sold em all.

thefifthspeed
01-02-2013, 9:09 PM
YUP! He came to the C&R forum, used us for pricing then slapped em in the sale section lol. I'm sure a few of is sent PM's that weren't responded to. Oh well hope he sold em all.

My intention was and always has been to get a current market price and offer my collection to CG members, even when some could have commanded more on Gunbroker. I received over 100 PMs from the marketplace and responded to almost all of them.

I thank everyone who weighed in and helped me here and through PM. After I sell my last gun I plan on doing something to pay back the CG community. I'm thinking of a CGF donation and a big giveaway. Stay Tuned.

sephy
01-02-2013, 9:25 PM
My intention was and always has been to get a current market price and offer my collection to CG members, even when some could have commanded more on Gunbroker. I received over 100 PMs from the marketplace and responded to almost all of them.

I thank everyone who weighed in and helped me here and through PM. After I sell my last gun I plan on doing something to pay back the CG community. I'm thinking of a CGF donation and a big giveaway. Stay Tuned.

I saw your sale post but was a bit late making up my mind on a Garand. Thank you for offering fair prices on your firearms. As someone who just finished grad school in 2012 I can appreciate your reasons for selling your collection.