PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot fishing, honker bay??

chickenfried
08-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Approximately how far is it from the Marina to Honker Bay, via the shoreline trail?

NRAhighpowershooter
08-14-2007, 10:46 PM
about a mile.. depending if you want to fish off the point or go further into the bay... I'd fish the point good catfishing there

chickenfried
08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks hps! Well if you can make it...:p:p. I'll fish the point I got a hankering for some catfish.

about a mile.. depending if you want to fish off the point or go further into the bay... I'd fish the point good catfishing there

GammaRei
08-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Where would the Best trout fishing be at Lake Chabot. The last time I went there as a kid I didn't catch anything.

- Gamma

JamesY
08-15-2007, 2:36 PM
I've been having good luck lately at Indian cove for cats. It's only about a 1/4 mile from the parking lot.

For trout, I like to go by the dam. Of course, it's a far walk, so take your dam bike.

NRAhighpowershooter
08-15-2007, 3:28 PM
Where would the Best trout fishing be at Lake Chabot. The last time I went there as a kid I didn't catch anything.

- Gamma

Trout fishing at Chabot kinda sucks right now.. they haven't planted since mid June and won't plant until early September....

GammaRei
08-15-2007, 3:52 PM
Aww man... Is there anywhere someone could recommend for Trout?

chickenfried
08-16-2007, 1:05 PM
What do you guys suggest for catfish at chabot chicken livers or nightcrawlers?

Just called the marina they said chicken liver's a good choice, but mackerel's the best right now

NRAhighpowershooter
08-16-2007, 4:41 PM
What do you guys suggest for catfish at chabot chicken livers or nightcrawlers?

Just called the marina they said chicken liver's a good choice, but mackerel's the best right now

Crawlers or some of the special stinky catfish bait that comes in a jar

JamesY
08-23-2007, 1:40 PM
Anchovies, mackeral, chicken liver all work good for me. I also like shrimp.

For trout, you should try Quarry lake in Union City. It seems like they plant it all year round. Of course, you'll need the "special" sauce to catch the fish. If you get lucky, you might get one of the locals tell you what it is.