PDA

View Full Version : Irvington Arms - lots of RRA AR stuff at good prices

Dont Tread on Me
08-14-2007, 7:37 PM
I visited Irvington Arms in Fremont tonight. Besides being great guys, they have a ton of RRA uppers laying around and have reduced the prices to sell. I was impressed.

gn3hz3ku1*
08-14-2007, 8:57 PM
did they have a good deal on 2 stag triggers?

kevykev707
08-14-2007, 8:59 PM
its so difficult to walk out of that place empty handed. :D

Dont Tread on Me
08-14-2007, 9:05 PM
I don't know. I was too busy looking at the Saga, U15 stock, etc. You can get their phone number from their Website:

http://irvingtonarms.lbu.com/

tenpercentfirearms
08-14-2007, 9:13 PM
Don't mention any of their prices here if they are below MAP. I won't report them, but that doesn't mean others won't. I am sure it is worth going to see for yourself. Plus, who wants to wait for shipping when you can get it right there in your area? Go check them out and see for yourself. Ca_brit wouldn't take his time to pimp their business if he wasn't impressed.

Dont Tread on Me
08-14-2007, 9:29 PM
Adding that I've bought from tenpercent and the customer service is excellent. They also save me 80 mins of driving on I880 at peak times.

Did not mean to market anybody. I just saw a lot of really cool black rifle stuff and given that I could not afford to buy it all myself, I had to post here.

trashman
08-14-2007, 9:54 PM
Hmmm...thanks for the heads up. I had (mistakenly) assumed I'd get at least a few chores done around the house on my day off tomorrow...but it looks like I might end up bruising my discretionary fund instead...

--Neill

tenpercentfirearms
08-15-2007, 5:45 AM
Did not mean to market anybody. I just saw a lot of really cool black rifle stuff and given that I could not afford to buy it all myself, I had to post here.
Why not? Market those who take care of you! This thread is about Irvington, not me. I just happen to be a gun dealer, but this thread has nothing to do with me. It sounds like the IA boys are cutting a discount anyway, so why would you bay area boys buy RRA items from me when you can drive in and touch it and feel it for less? Go check them out.

BigMac
08-15-2007, 7:13 AM
NOt to worry, I do believe I am just at map pricing.

I would normaly be well over it. After laying down the money and waiting 8-10 weeks I feel I can mark it up as much as the market will bear. Lately though, I've had so many uppers coming in and had so many canceled sales ( background checks) that I need to move some of this stuff. It's cutting into our other inventory by tying up too much money.

Dont Tread on Me
08-15-2007, 8:11 AM
BigMac - thanks again for the great service yesterday.

It's cutting into our other inventory by tying up too much money.

That is hurting you. I picked up a J-Frame at Targetmasters on the way back South. I'd much rather had bought it from you guys but needed to play with a couple of models side by side.

markymark
08-15-2007, 8:33 AM
Why does RRA choose to have MAP's? I'd rather not email or call to ask about pricing just so that I can compare it to other brands.

SuperSet
08-15-2007, 9:35 AM
NOt to worry, I do believe I am just at map pricing.

I would normaly be well over it. After laying down the money and waiting 8-10 weeks I feel I can mark it up as much as the market will bear. Lately though, I've had so many uppers coming in and had so many canceled sales ( background checks) that I need to move some of this stuff. It's cutting into our other inventory by tying up too much money.

BigMac,
By chance, do you guys do any AR gunsmithing? I'm thinking about swapping out my fixed FSB for a flip-up.

phish
08-15-2007, 9:48 AM
They also save me 80 mins of driving on I880 at peak times.

Oh, so you live in Milpitas? :p

eta: didn't read 1st page...

tenpercentfirearms
08-15-2007, 7:26 PM
Why does RRA choose to have MAP's? I'd rather not email or call to ask about pricing just so that I can compare it to other brands.

This isn't the place for this discussion, but it will be a free bump.

Basically, you don't want people running the price so low on your products that no one wants to carry them. Certain people with low overhead or who like working for free will add a $10 mark up on a $400 upper. Sure that is great savings for the customer, but look at Big Mac. What is the point in him tying up $4000 worth of inventory to only make $100 on it? That just isn't good business sense.

So he will stop carrying Rock River Arms and pretty soon, only a few places are carrying them because there is no money to be made on them.

Or you can do MAP and then everyone can make the same amount of money. So it doesn't matter if you are a low over head company, a huge company that can afford to buy 100s of uppers at a time, or a mom and pop store that relies on that income, you make the same amount of money.

MAP is good if you are in a business. It protects everyone's profits. There are too many guys out there that like to work for free. I used to be one of them. I can't afford to have all sorts of cool stuff in my shop waiting for you to come try it out only making 10%. I could order it for you and you could wait 6-12 weeks to get it for that price, but some guys just want it now and I want to make my extra time be worth something.

Trust me, until you start your own business, you can't truly understand profit margins. Once you are spending 12 hours a day running your business and not seeing much out of it, that is when you kind of realize that being cheap is not worth it.

Of course this flies in the face of the consumer and his/her desires, but that is why you just become a gun dealer so you can make money and buy your own goodies at cost! And if you offer good customer service, guys don't mind spending the extra money.

BigMac
08-15-2007, 8:57 PM
We can build anything you want. Just come in and bring your parts or tell us what you want.

We have spec built countless uppers.

I didn't even know about MAP priceing on this product. I know what I have paid to get what I want.

tenpercentfirearms
08-16-2007, 5:53 AM
I didn't even know about MAP priceing on this product. I know what I have paid to get what I want.

You can sell it straight out of your shop for whatever price you want. You just can't advertise it below MAP. The whole thing is kind of silly because it has a ton of holes in it, but I went ahead and went to MAP and it has been kind of nice. For some products you just say tax included or free shipping and that keeps em moving.

Now, where else are you going to find guys who build up your AR for you? I know one other place, but that is 200 miles to the south of Irvington Arms. ;)

Fjold
08-16-2007, 6:12 AM
Now, where else are you going to find guys who build up your AR for you? I know one other place, but that is 200 miles to the south of Irvington Arms. ;)

Yeah but I hear that they are Vespa mechanics so who knows how it will turn out. :D

Franksremote
08-22-2007, 12:53 AM
We can build anything you want. Just come in and bring your parts or tell us what you want.

We have spec built countless uppers.

+1 What he said :p