PDA

View Full Version : what do you think is going to happen in jan re gun laws?

Bamfak47
12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
So what do you guys think is really going to happen? Are the rest of the stats going to have California laws an mags, mag releases, the 10 day wait etc? Do you think we will have to register a new bunch of named assault riffles? What about the home builds and the laws on those?

tujungatoes
12-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Nothing is going to happen by January.

lavey29
12-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Nothing will happen at all if the Reps and Dems that believe in the 2nd stick to their principles and beliefs and don't cave to political pressure.

O on the other hand may step in with an EO thus bypassing congress. This wil be met with lawsuit but will take years to decide.

epilepticninja
12-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm not concerned about what is going to happen at the federal level, its at the state level where my concerns lie. There are too many gun hating libtards in the CA political system that are going to help Yee out this time.

TheDigitalPicasso
12-22-2012, 11:20 AM
As a first time AR owner I feel bummed out because of all this. I finally purchase my first AR and this panic thing happened. I was planing on purchasing a second AR in January but with everyone going crazy I feel like I'm stuck with one for a long time. I hope CA laws stay the same, I don't mind the 10rd mag nor the bullet button as long as we get to own and have the freedom to purchase a Simi-Automitic Rifle. Hopefully nothing happens in the next 6 months and maybe then I can find some ammo so I can go out to the range and use my rifle.

robcoe
12-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Yee and DeLeons bills will pass, Feinstein will fail, we will be in for a big fight here in calfifornia.

HBfisherman
12-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Nothing will happen, everyone will forget what an AR is come January!

!@#$
12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
an EO import ban is most likely. he dosen't need any votes for that. lame duck president...

strongpoint
12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
IBTL.

Cadre
12-22-2012, 11:57 AM
The goverment will take guns from gun owners that worry if somethings going to happen. Then they will give it to the people whos not worried.

chead
12-22-2012, 12:04 PM
The goverment will take guns from gun owners that worry if somethings going to happen. Then they will give it to the people whos not worried.

If only.

triggs75
12-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not concerned about what is going to happen at the federal level, its at the state level where my concerns lie. There are too many gun hating libtards in the CA political system that are going to help Yee out this time.

My thoughts as well. Good ole Cali.

Moonshine
12-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I predict NOTHING happens at the federal level. The Republicans stall slow joes committe until the public is no longer obsessed with Newton and then they vote down Feinstein's bill saying its not the kind of gun control we need.

On the state level if Yee's bill doesn't feature confiscation as it did last time it passes. If it does it does in committee. The ammo bill passes by a HUGE majority, so does the magazine bill and Gerry Brown praises them to gain political bonus points at a news conference.

A few months to a yea later an appeals court throws out the ammo bill and the section of the magazine bill banning rebuild kits (although the blocked off part about altered magazines remains).

digdug74
12-22-2012, 12:54 PM
At the federal level, probably nothing. With a Republican majority in the House (and a lot of them Tea Party) I just don't see anything significant getting through.

At the state level, we're probably screwed. Dems have a supermajority in both houses meaning they'll be able to get just about anything through and Brown will probably sign it. Defintely say goodbye to new ARs & AKs in Ca regardless of bullet button. Unk what they will do with existing rifles -- probably require registration at the least.

crazyalskn
12-22-2012, 1:13 PM
As a first time AR owner I feel bummed out because of all this. I finally purchase my first AR and this panic thing happened. I was planing on purchasing a second AR in January but with everyone going crazy I feel like I'm stuck with one for a long time. I hope CA laws stay the same, I don't mind the 10rd mag nor the bullet button as long as we get to own and have the freedom to purchase a Simi-Automitic Rifle. Hopefully nothing happens in the next 6 months and maybe then I can find some ammo so I can go out to the range and use my rifle.

im in the same boat...just bought my first AR in Nov..been shootin em my whole life, but still....then i save up some money to purchase a lower and start my first build, go outta town for 10 days(work), gonna buy my lower when i get back, and that dam shooting happens while im outta town. Get home and the gun stores look like walmart on a 10% off day! ..everything is completely wiped out, City Arms says they sold 70 rilfes/lowers in 2 days....Canyon sports sold every semi auto rifle they had and bumped PMC .223 to $9.99/bx....CRAZY!

Rorge Retson
12-22-2012, 1:15 PM
Britney Spears will release a new album and then everyone will forget about guns for a year or two.

Norcalkid
12-22-2012, 1:29 PM
I guss i kinda just feel like history is repeating. This feels a lot like 99 to me. I dont think anything will happen by jan.

railgunner
12-22-2012, 1:35 PM
We will be off the CLIFF. Taxes will soar, car registration doubles, milk $7.50 a gallon and all the homeless will be walking around texting on the new cell phones Obama gave them.

jkody
12-22-2012, 1:46 PM
I think we will see a ban on ARs and AKs. No more sales of them them. Also will probabably see a federal ban on any magazine of over 10 rounds for rifles and pistols.

Rorge Retson
12-22-2012, 2:06 PM
I think we will see a ban on ARs and AKs. No more sales of them them. Also will probabably see a federal ban on any magazine of over 10 rounds for rifles and pistols.

Don't think this will be too far from the truth....

Moonshine
12-22-2012, 2:31 PM
^^^ +1 this is what will most likely happen.

spetsnaz
12-22-2012, 2:39 PM
watch carefully the new year, during the holiday times politicians/lawmakers sign in a lot f new laws, when they know nobody is paying attention because of the holidays

pointedstick
12-22-2012, 2:56 PM
My crystal ball sees nothing passing Congress federally. Executive orders and the CA legislature are another story though… :(

Fellblade
12-22-2012, 3:21 PM
I predict some form of "compromise" on the federal level, giving in on some lousy laws so congressmen can add it to their resume.
I predict a landslide of garbage legislation in CA that will take years for CGF & friends to file suit against and the courts to unravel and strike down.

Fellblade
12-22-2012, 3:21 PM
*double post

Moonshine
12-22-2012, 4:02 PM
Feinstein presents a bill more draconian that Cali's ban. It doesn't survive a vote in the House of Representatives. There is mass public outcry that it didn't pass and as a compromise hi-capacity magazines are banned on a federal level. After magazines are limited to 10 rounds people feel safe and proud that something was done and go back to watching the Kardashians and Dancing with the stars.

I am SO confident of this outcome I would bet money in Vegas on it.

hornswaggled
12-22-2012, 4:14 PM
Feinstein presents a bill more draconian that Cali's ban. It doesn't survive a vote in the House of Representatives. There is mass public outcry that it didn't pass and as a compromise hi-capacity magazines are banned on a federal level. After magazines are limited to 10 rounds people feel safe and proud that something was done and go back to watching the Kardashians and Dancing with the stars.

I am SO confident of this outcome I would bet money in Vegas on it.

My prediction is somewhat in line with this. DiFi will introduce something radical, the NRA and House Republicans will hem and haw. Obama will pay lip service but really probably doesn't give much of a f-ck. The bill gets pared down into something palatable like a standard cap magazine ban. Gun advocates and antis will both leave the table pissed. Crime continues to go on unaffected.

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 4:25 PM
I think we will see a ban on ARs and AKs. No more sales of them them. Also will probably see a federal ban on any magazine of over 10 rounds for rifles and pistols.

Exactly how would you "ban on ARs and AKs"? Does that mean that a Steyr AUG and a semiauto FN SCAR would still be legal? Just how much would a rifle have to differ from a classical AR/AK to be legal?

That begs the question, could they actually get HARDCORE and ban the manufacture of any firearm with a removable magazine? How about even more nuts by prohibiting the manufacture and sale of all semiautomatic firearms? It would take something that drastic and blunt to stop those who work around silly little laws like no telescoping buttstocks, no pistol grips, no flash hiders, etc.

The problem is, no such law would never pass and it it did, it would not hold up to a legal challenge.

If they get anything, it will be that damned 10 round magazine limit with no grandfathering.

pitbull30
12-22-2012, 4:30 PM
My prediction is somewhat in line with this. DiFi will introduce something radical, the NRA and House Republicans will hem and haw. Obama will pay lip service but really probably doesn't give much of a f-ck. The bill gets pared down into something palatable like a standard cap magazine ban. Gun advocates and antis will both leave the table pissed. Crime continues to go on unaffected.

This is what I told a friend today. I agree with most of the posts here about state level. I also have one or two dumb** ideas but I'm not going to share in case people who have no clue are looking for ideas.

I have a question. Since we all tend to think CA is hosed who should we support to fight them the most and where is the banner on the top of the forum?

13withinfinity
12-22-2012, 4:49 PM
i wonder if we all collectively sent off individual lawsuits if it would bankrupt california.

Wonder how that would go over in the news, "Gun Owners bankrupt state."

I bet nobody would mess with us after that

Shaffer
12-22-2012, 5:54 PM
If any ban was put in place for ARs could you be able to get around it by already having the uppers if being grandfathered in was an option? Like if you had some upper assembles or even stripped uppers. I'm not new to gun ownership but I am new to the gun owner ship in Cali.

Rossi357
12-22-2012, 5:59 PM
You are all forgetting the bad part. No matter what is done on a Federal level, someone will shoot up another school.

racerx944
12-22-2012, 6:13 PM
I think they will reintroduce the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban. They have done it before and they believe they probably will be able to do it again except this time, without the sunset clause. If that happens, no more sales of ARs or AKs, ever.

Moonshine
12-22-2012, 6:16 PM
Remember folks you can do a series ban, each manufacturer has to be listed on the Kastler list and the DOJ removed their ability to add to the list... OOOPS!!! This is why I don't see a BB ban happening: if you add it to the AWB a bullet button equipped AR-15 becomes an RAW and once registered the BB may be removed. The DOJ already tilted their hand to show us they prefer the evil of more ARs than that of more RAWs when they removed their ability to list.

Magazine and ammo bill will pass. Probably wont survive court though.

HonkingAntelope
12-22-2012, 6:23 PM
If any ban was put in place for ARs could you be able to get around it by already having the uppers if being grandfathered in was an option? Like if you had some upper assembles or even stripped uppers. I'm not new to gun ownership but I am new to the gun owner ship in Cali.

Only the lower constitutes the "firearm".

You are all forgetting the bad part. No matter what is done on a Federal level, someone will shoot up another school.

Don't ever let the truth get in the way of a nice liberal fantasy where all guns are banned and everyone gets a group hug.

Hunt
12-22-2012, 6:29 PM
I think it will be more draconian than what we have seen before, they will emphasize other countries gun control laws as a PR backdrop. ALL firearms registered, home safes mandatory with Canadian style police verification in the home. ZERO semi autos rifles or pistols manuf or sold, Federal ban on carry, Hawaiin style transport laws, confiscation of all EBRs possible confiscation of hunting semi autos. The TEA Party will cave

Moonshine
12-22-2012, 7:04 PM
Loosen up those tin foil hats, so wonder stripped lowers are $299! People are stockpiling enough arms for a whole marine platoon! All that's going to happen is magazine bans. The DOJ already proved the California anti-gun establishment prefers BB and featureless to having more RAWs. You have to add the BB to the AWB you can't make a seperate law if you want it to be a BB AW, it's either an AW or NOT an AW. Heck if they want us to register as AWs fine but Ill be taking my BB off after registering because then it will be a RAW and is there not subject to the ban.

frankm
12-22-2012, 8:20 PM
We'll see a bunch of laws that 90% of people will ignore anyway, just like last time. And why not? Blaming innocent people for the mistakes of criminals and mental patients doesn't exactly curry favor with them.

robcoe
12-22-2012, 9:45 PM
Oh, one other thing for januayr, you won't be able to find a single "tactical" rifle anywhere in any store, cause they will be sold out.

Seriously, I have been to Turners and Ammo Brothers in the days before Christmas before, but nothing like this.

RRangel
12-22-2012, 9:52 PM
Yee and DeLeons bills will pass, Feinstein will fail, we will be in for a big fight here in calfifornia.

Actually, there's already a big fight in California. With numerous gun laws being passed every year non-stop.

Stubby
12-22-2012, 9:52 PM
My predictions,

No major changes at the federal level. At most perhaps a law passed to include mental heath involuntary hold info and NICS checks. However no law at the federal level comes without payback. For over 40 years the anti's lied and fooled their way to more and more gun control. If they think our side is going to cave like 1994 or 1968 or 1934 they are in for a shock. Especially when we counter with something we want.

The real fight will be here in good old California and perhaps New York and a few others.

Just wait till they loose the attempt to ban assault weapons and SCOTUS tells California, Illinois and New York City they must issue LTC permits.:43:

RRangel
12-22-2012, 9:56 PM

There is no votes to pass any such laws. There's really nothing to compel the pro gun reps to pass anything the Democrats put in front of them. We've already seen one "assault weapon" ban and it did nothing. People are wiser for it. We have an incorporated Second Amendment, were arms in common use are protected, which includes ARs.

All of this hype is propaganda for political purposes and media inspired.

robcoe
12-22-2012, 9:57 PM
Actually, there's already a big fight in California. With numerous gun laws being passed every year non-stop.

I know that, I just ment a BIGGER fight.

It's sad, I have started to think of the current fights here as normal, guess it's kind of like living in a castle under siege, dodging half a dozen flaiming arrows a day just starts to seem normal, you only start to get worried when the boulders/cattle start flying through the air.

vrylak
12-22-2012, 9:57 PM
A little known document that's been taken for granted called the United States Constitution protects our Rights against the rapacious behavior of misguided politicians. Am always wondering why there aren't laws that protect the US Constitution, if there are please direct me, and then I realize that it's the people's job to protect it.

Librarian
12-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Calls for predicting the future. If I could do that, I'd be on the stock trading sites, not here.