PDA

View Full Version : NRA Bashers: Get with the Program!

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 11:36 AM
I am stunned that some gun owners here on Calguns would still be taking shots at the NRA. The barbarians are at the gates! Get with the program already!

It's time to stow your egos, your arrogance, your hatred, your bitterness and especially you feelings of righteous indignation. It's time to join the NRA. It's time to cajole others to join the NRA.

You don't need to be an NRA cheerleader but you need to be a member and you need to stop being negative.

No matter what your personal feelings are for the NRA, your gun rights will fare better in the coming months if the NRA is strong. I honestly hope some of you realize that.

mif_slim
12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah, they wont know that until after the firearms taken away from all of us...then they complain that NRA didnt do enough when their support would of helped.

mag360
12-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Its really sad. Every single peraon here should be member. Gun stores should make it a requirement to do business with them. M'aam Id love to sell you this gun today but you have to sign up to ne an NRA member type thing....

Hey now that's a good idea.

hornswaggled
12-22-2012, 12:03 PM
But they're gonna take away our COD! First Amendment First Amendment!

:facepalm:

wecf
12-22-2012, 12:04 PM
We need to show, as a group, that we support the 2A, the anti's did with their petition in a big way and we need to do the same in a much bigger way! If we can get 1 mil. new members in the NRA we can show that the 2A has 5x the support as more gun control. I do not care for all the ads I get from joining but I will pay the $25 to show my support for MY rights! It is a small price to pay, will you wish you had paid it after you Right is gone?

Just a note we will never get it back after it is gone!

Bobio
12-22-2012, 12:10 PM
NRA was a great organization encouraging safe, responsible, and fun gun ownership. The have become a lobbying organization who push a right wing agenda.

mossy
12-22-2012, 12:30 PM
NRA was a great organization encouraging safe, responsible, and fun gun ownership. The have become a lobbying organization who push a right wing agenda.

I bet You joined calguns just to bash the NRA. :facepalm:

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 12:30 PM

Enough already!

There are things I certainly don't like about the NRA but I have the sense to swallow them right now and to get with the program.

You bet it's a lobbying organization -- by far the best and strongest one we gun owner have. That's why we need to support the NRA right now.

This might also be a transforming period for the NRA. One of the things it will take for the NRA to get 8, 10, 12M+ members is for it to gain far wider breadth and that might just happen in part right now.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Mossy. Not true. I am a firearm owner. Cal legal rifles and handguns. I support our right to bear arms and joined Cal guns because I enjoy firearm use. I think the Leadership of the NRA pushes an agenda. I think gun control is mandatory in the US to keep our kids safe. I think we have the right to own guns to protect our families and for sport. I think regulations in Californa make sense.

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Mossy. Not true. I am a firearm owner. Cal legal rifles and handguns. I support our right to bear arms and joined Cal guns because I enjoy firearm use. I think the Leadership of the NRA pushes an agenda. I think gun control is mandatory in the US to keep our kids safe. I think we have the right to own guns to protect our families and for sport. I think regulations in Californa make sense.

I think many of the "regulations" make absolutely no sense. Banning certain weapons based on nothing more than aesthetic qualities is a prime example.

In any event if you're not a member of the NRA right now, you're part of the problem.

mag360
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
What regulations in California make sense here ol' Bobio

scrubb
12-22-2012, 12:55 PM
I am stunned that some gun owners here on Calguns would still be taking shots at the NRA. The barbarians are at the gates! Get with the program already!

It's time to stow your egos, your arrogance, your hatred, your bitterness and especially you feelings of righteous indignation. It's time to join the NRA. It's time to cajole others to join the NRA.

You don't need to be an NRA cheerleader but you need to be a member and you need to stop being negative.

No matter what your personal feelings are for the NRA, your gun rights will fare better in the coming months if the NRA is strong. I honestly hope some of you realize that.

Agreed. As i keep posting....bickering, arguing, and bashing the NRA only further divides us....now is the time to stand united, as divided we are but weak and vulnerable. I only fear that some will never GET it.

rla_2000
12-22-2012, 1:00 PM
I would agree, we need to stand together ladies (The few) and gentlemen. Fall in line behind the NRA and support them, because you can be assured the Anti's are all going to be behind their cause. Once the onslaught is over, then we can criticize how it was handled - but not to just criticize, but to learn where we can improve our defenses.

NotEnufGarage
12-22-2012, 1:02 PM

You signed up a year and a half ago and have posted 5 times, including this one...

I'm guessing you're not really pro 2nd Amendment, are you?

FullMetalJacket
12-22-2012, 1:04 PM
"If we don't hang together, we will surely all hang separately."

liberallyloaded
12-22-2012, 1:04 PM
With uninformed, biased, and irrational attacks on law abiding gun owners and legal gun ownership, we as a community need to move forward in solidarity.

NotEnufGarage
12-22-2012, 1:06 PM

Sorry. I'm not responsible for keeping you or your kids safe. That falls on you to teach them how to be safe.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with sports, hunting, or target shooting.

If you think California regulations make sense, please explain to me how it makes sense that law abiding citizens cannot protect themselves outside their homes in the most populous counties in the state, yet thugs and criminals walk around with concealed weapons at will.

Schlyme
12-22-2012, 1:07 PM
I joined a few months back after the whole SB249 issue. I have also joined the 2A foundation and added a monthly pledge to CGF. I agree we need to sand together to fight for our rights! We can deal with any issues we have with the NRA later once we fight off this current attack!

donny douchebag
12-22-2012, 1:09 PM
How 'bout I just send them some money instead.

goober
12-22-2012, 1:11 PM

You signed up a year and a half ago and have posted 5 times, including this one...

I'm guessing you're not really pro 2nd Amendment, are you?

and every post is regarding the NRA, since the press conference yesterday...
:rolleyes:

Samuel Adams
12-22-2012, 1:11 PM
In any event if you're not a member of the NRA right now, you're part of the problem.

+100000000

Schlyme
12-22-2012, 1:16 PM
Sorry. I'm not responsible for keeping you or your kids safe. That falls on you to teach them how to be safe.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with sports, hunting, or target shooting.

If you think California regulations make sense, please explain to me how it makes sense that law abiding citizens cannot protect themselves outside their homes in the most populous counties in the state, yet thugs and criminals walk around with concealed weapons at will.

Lets not forget it is to defend against tyranny. Lets also look at history. Civilians have historically been better armed then the military. A few weapons come to mind. The repeating rifle, revolver and who can forget the tommy gun. Soldiers where buying tommy guns with their own money long before the military ever issued them to the troops. I have heard of at least one case where civilians save soldiers with repeating rifles when attacked by Indians. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

SanPedroShooter
12-22-2012, 1:17 PM

You're a friggen troll.

I hope you enjoy your great california gun laws, cause without the NRA, they would be nation wide already.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 1:21 PM
I am posting here and accept that there will be lots of resistance. This is a complex issue and one that needs cool open minded dialog. To answer your questions. Cal regulations I support I think limiting magazines to 10 rounds makes sense. It sucks. I takes some of the fun out of shooting but I think the are too much of a factor in all these shootings. Likewise a bullet button slows down the reload time. There is more chance to fumble during the reload. Folding stocks that make the weapons easier to conceal. These are not cosmetic accessories. They suck I wish I could have 30 rounds and a folding stock bu I think thes are sensible regulations. A have no issues what do ever regarding 10 day waiting periods and no gun how loopholes.

2nd amendment. Sure I've read it and support it. I also read the term well regulated. That means to me that our founding fathers felt the weapons and people should have access to weapons but with government suppervision.

njineermike
12-22-2012, 1:21 PM

Prime example of why the 2A is endangered...

Malmon
12-22-2012, 1:22 PM

First time I have read this from someone claiming to be a gun owner. I think you are planted here to poison our well.

sl4ck3r
12-22-2012, 1:24 PM
Although I'm an NRA member, some of the bs that comes out of their mouth makes hard for me.

ScottB
12-22-2012, 1:25 PM

What is on their agenda besides 2A? Speak up and support your claim

Laddy
12-22-2012, 1:26 PM

Advocating the additional role of gov't employees in every school (police on campus) is anything but a right wing idea.

The NRA should have said nothing this week

Why should they? Did we wait around after Sept 11 from a statement from Boeing on why their engines propelled the planes into the towers?

Is AAA held accountable for drunk drivers?

There was no upside this week for the NRA, all downside possibilities.

They got suckered into the spectacle by way of their own arrogance.

I expect more out of people who constantly hit me up for money.

The NRA will lose the casual supporter in this mess.......that is to say, the guy who may own a rifle or pistol, doesn't shoot or hunt, isnt an NRA member, or go to gun shows, or post on gun forums, but has always voted to keep the implied and stated values of the 2nd Amd in tact. That person is now gone.

mag360
12-22-2012, 1:27 PM
Bobio ever heard of a new york reload?

Why do cops get 17rd mags for their glocks and 30rd for their ARs?

Why dont they need a bullet button?

Think someone cant make a stock that folds or folds?

epilepticninja
12-22-2012, 1:30 PM
I am posting here and accept that there will be lots of resistance. This is a complex issue and one that needs cool open minded dialog. To answer your questions. Cal regulations I support I think limiting magazines to 10 rounds makes sense. It sucks. I takes some of the fun out of shooting but I think the are too much of a factor in all these shootings. Likewise a bullet button slows down the reload time. There is more chance to fumble during the reload. Folding stocks that make the weapons easier to conceal. These are not cosmetic accessories. They suck I wish I could have 30 rounds and a folding stock bu I think thes are sensible regulations. A have no issues what do ever regarding 10 day waiting periods and no gun how loopholes.

The regulations you quote only apply to law abiding citizens. They were never meant to curb crime, because criminals have no regard for the law. People intent on using a firearm to commit crimes, do not care about bullet buttons, folding stocks, or 10-round magazine limits. They mean nothing to them. So again, please explain why they make sense?

JMP
12-22-2012, 1:35 PM

^Friggin anti :facepalm:

^Excelsior, two back to back threads that you started that I am in agreement with you--I think hell has frozen over.

guitar-nut
12-22-2012, 1:37 PM
No. Sorry, but I'm pretty disappointed in how the NRA has handled this whole business. Taking shots at the 1st Amendment isn't acceptable. Yes, I realize there was more to their statement than that. But that stood out glaringly to me and killed what little credibility they have left in my eyes.

They'll sell us out eventually anyway. They'll compromise with "common sense" gun control.

skyscraper
12-22-2012, 1:38 PM
Agreed.

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 1:39 PM
Agreed. As i keep posting....bickering, arguing, and bashing the NRA only further divides us....now is the time to stand united, as divided we are but weak and vulnerable. I only fear that some will never GET it.

Indeed.

I have a serious question. Do those that continue to crap on the NRA during this time of great need simply lack the intellectual capacity to grasp what you are talking about or do they lack the self personal control to be able to table their grievances for future consideration?

It's one or the other or both.

fullspeed1
12-22-2012, 1:40 PM

Bobio, I apologize in advance about my filter being off......What rock may I ask, have you been living under??? There is a huge number of responsible tax paying Californian's who have absolutely no right's to protecting themselves/families outside of their homes because of California's politicians and SENSIBLE gun laws. The NRA does push an agenda, And you should be lucky to have what little California will allow you. If it wasn't for the NRA, Every legal/law abiding citizen in California would have no access to firearms.

hornswaggled
12-22-2012, 1:41 PM
They'll sell us out eventually anyway. They'll compromise with "common sense" gun control.

And without them we'll get "full blown" gun control. That's better how exactly?

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 1:41 PM
No. Sorry, but I'm pretty disappointed in how the NRA has handled this whole business. Taking shots at the 1st Amendment isn't acceptable. Yes, I realize there was more to their statement than that. But that stood out glaringly to me and killed what little credibility they have left in my eyes.

People who hold the opinions that you do and feel the need to air them at this time are part of the enemy in my book.

People like you compromise my RKBA. Expect a helluva fight.

billmaykafer
12-22-2012, 1:44 PM
i think regulations in Californa make sense.

all 700 firearm laws in the state of california???? or just the ones you like???

fullspeed1
12-22-2012, 1:45 PM

Are you a member of the NRA?

SamGoldstein
12-22-2012, 1:48 PM

Huh? So you support leftwing gun-grabbers but own guns? The cognitive dissonance is mind-boggling. :facepalm:

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 1:49 PM

2nd amendment. Sure I've read it and support it. I also read the term well regulated. That means to me that our founding fathers felt the weapons and people should have access to weapons but with government suppervision.

You don't get it.

There is time for dialogue and debate. There is time to critique the NRA. Now is not that time.

Now is the time to join the NRA and prepare for the battle. If you lack the resolve to do that, you need to remain silent.

Skidmark
12-22-2012, 1:50 PM
Ouch, even arch-conservative Rupert Murdoch is throwing L'pierre and his employer under the bus.

The conservative New York Post, which called LaPierre a "gun nut" and "NRA loon" on its Saturday cover, may be taking its cues from its owner, Rupert Murdoch. In the wake of the shooting, Murdoch spoke out about the need for stricter gun control.

"Terrible news today," he tweeted. "When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/22/new-york-post-_n_2352203.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

JMP
12-22-2012, 1:51 PM
Indeed.

I have a serious question. Do those that continue to crap on the NRA during this time of great need simply lack the intellectual capacity to grasp what you are talking about or do they lack the self personal control to be able to table their grievances for future consideration?

It's one or the other or both.

I disagree; I think these are people that are not and probably were never strong advocates of 2a.

fullspeed1
12-22-2012, 1:54 PM
Sounds like a lot of pissing and whining by people who want the government to hold their hands. Do you realize how tremendous this event has become. The NRA literally has been backed into a corner with every softy feel good sheep and LIBTARD in office screaming murder at them. They did the right thing by not even mentioning Gun Control in yesterdays conference. They offered a solution, Conjured up by Bill Clinton in 2000. What exactly could the NRA of said after this tragic event that would not have caused more of media/mob firestorm?? Instead of bashing the NRA, Come up with a solution to this **** storm that lies ahead of us all.

foxtrotuniformlima
12-22-2012, 1:55 PM
I am a member of the NRA. I'd guess I've been a member for longer than some people here have been alive. Much like those who joined the CRPA and have since become critical on how it is being run, I'm not a big fan of some of the things the NRA has done.

That being said, I have no intentions of canceling or not renewing my membership. I also have no intentions of being quite if I think the organization is not representing my point of view.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Things have changed. Those who recognize the change will come out the other side better off than those who do not.

SamGoldstein
12-22-2012, 2:03 PM
"When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy."

So Murdoch is an idiot too. Does anyone in the media know the law and what type of guns are available to civilians?

oddball
12-22-2012, 2:04 PM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/oddballphoto/facepalm.jpg

Troll- One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

If you are a gun owner :rolleyes:, you are an embarrassment to CA gun owners, and basically a foe of every gun owner in this country. You essentially align yourself with the antis in this country.

And you voted for these gun grabbers, didn't you?

donny douchebag
12-22-2012, 2:19 PM
Suppervision!

tbhracing
12-22-2012, 2:22 PM
I'm a NRA Lifetime member. I'm in it for the long haul!

Zimz
12-22-2012, 2:32 PM
Bobio I advise shutting the hell up if you want any remaining respect on these forums. I have to agree with the above... I think you are a troll planted by antis to stir the pot. Any sensible gun owner knows that very few CA gun laws make any rational sense. You are part of the problem the rest of us are trying so hard to fight.

strangerdude
12-22-2012, 2:38 PM
I'm all for the 2nd, but I've ran across too many racist NRA guys, which I'm not willing to give my money to. I'd rather support an organization like cg which can make a direct impact in this state, now back to my xbox, and rap music.

NightOwl
12-22-2012, 2:41 PM
Don't expect everyone to sign up for the NRA just because you're happy to browbeat them if you don't. Not everyone falls in lockstep with your choices, nor do they support some of the things the NRA has done in the past or continues to do.

I won't support the NRA nor will I allow them the use of my name on their membership rolls. I cancelled my membership when they took 30 minutes of Gura's time at SCOTUS so they could try to claim some credit for his work, instead of leaving him with the time so he could argue his case.

No, the NRA doesn't represent me. They're there to line their pockets and make noise for the sole goal of lining their pockets, not supporting our rights, which as far as I can see comes a far distant 2nd place to them. I would never suggest that anybody join or support the NRA. I do suggest that people join the GOA and will use this as an opportunity to try to get some people I know who've been on the fence to join that organization.

fullspeed1
12-22-2012, 2:54 PM
I'm all for the 2nd, but I've ran across too many racist NRA guys, which I'm not willing to give my money to. I'd rather support an organization like cg which can make a direct impact in this state, now back to my xbox, and rap music.

Seriously??? You are completely missing the point. The NRA has lobbying power with Pro 2A representatives within our Government. Without that kind of push on our side, California along with the rest of the country will end up a gun free zone.

Skidmark
12-22-2012, 2:56 PM
Bobio I advise shutting the hell up if you want any remaining respect on these forums. I have to agree with the above... I think you are a troll planted by antis to stir the pot. Any sensible gun owner knows that very few CA gun laws make any rational sense. You are part of the problem the rest of us are trying so hard to fight.

Bobio, what do you care what other people think? Pay no attention to those who scold you, and carry on.

fullspeed1
12-22-2012, 2:59 PM
Don't expect everyone to sign up for the NRA just because you're happy to browbeat them if you don't. Not everyone falls in lockstep with your choices, nor do they support some of the things the NRA has done in the past or continues to do.

I won't support the NRA nor will I allow them the use of my name on their membership rolls. I cancelled my membership when they took 30 minutes of Gura's time at SCOTUS so they could try to claim some credit for his work, instead of leaving him with the time so he could argue his case.

No, the NRA doesn't represent me. They're there to line their pockets and make noise for the sole goal of lining their pockets, not supporting our rights, which as far as I can see comes a far distant 2nd place to them. I would never suggest that anybody join or support the NRA. I do suggest that people join the GOA and will use this as an opportunity to try to get some people I know who've been on the fence to join that organization.

GOA?? Thanks for the suggestion, Will do more research:)

bloodhawke83
12-22-2012, 3:10 PM
I'll drink the kool-aid and start paying on my life membership again next month.

scrubb
12-22-2012, 3:29 PM
Sounds like a lot of pissing and whining by people who want the government to hold their hands. Do you realize how tremendous this event has become. The NRA literally has been backed into a corner with every softy feel good sheep and LIBTARD in office screaming murder at them. They did the right thing by not even mentioning Gun Control in yesterdays conference. They offered a solution, Conjured up by Bill Clinton in 2000. What exactly could the NRA of said after this tragic event that would not have caused more of media/mob firestorm?? Instead of bashing the NRA, Come up with a solution to this **** storm that lies ahead of us all.

Well said my brotha!

scrubb
12-22-2012, 3:33 PM

You just don't get it bro. Maybe one day you will understand the concept of standing "united" together.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 3:34 PM
I mentioned California laws that I feel are effective. Many of the cosmetic bans are stupid.

MaHoTex
12-22-2012, 3:41 PM
I mentioned California laws that I feel are effective. Many of the cosmetic bans are stupid.
I suggest you study these 4 words... "Shall not be infringed"

sholling
12-22-2012, 3:42 PM

Another Brady shill. We see you guys in here from time to time saying they own guns and calling for us to surrender our rights for the children so don't think you're fooling anybody. None of what you think makes sense outside the fevered fantasies of the Bradys.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 3:44 PM
I suggest you study these 4 words... "Shall not be infringed"

I think that is a solid constitutional point.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 3:49 PM
Another Brady troll. We see you guys in here from time to time so don't think you're fooling anybody. :troll:

I don't see how I've been trying to fool anyone. I'm pretty upfront about what I think. If you believe I'm some sort of plant trying to push an anti gun agenda your totally wrong. I am a gun carrying liberal. There are not many of us but realize when it comes to gun legislation we are sort of the swing vote.

mossy
12-22-2012, 3:53 PM

Yeah, i think you are a troll. Read the 2A, and tell me what "shall not be infringed" means.............

sholling
12-22-2012, 3:56 PM
I don't see how I've been trying to fool anyone. I'm pretty upfront about what I think. If you believe I'm some sort of plant trying to push an anti gun agenda your totally wrong. I am a gun carrying liberal. There are not many of us but realize when it comes to gun legislation we are sort of the swing vote.

Thankfully you're in the minority. We get Brady trolls all the time telling us that they own guns and trying to convince us that if we just agree to give up enough of our rights they'll stop trying to take the rest of what we have and if we would just vote for their gun grabbing leftist politicians our rights will be safe. No many are stupid enough to believe it anymore.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 4:00 PM
I just said that the infringement element of the 2A is a valid support for the right to bear arms? By the way, calling me a troll makes you sound like a 12 year old. IMHO

mag360
12-22-2012, 4:02 PM
Bobio my boy please describe in depth the theory of how your magazine capacity ban is not unconstitutional, along with how it is remotely effective to curb crime in general.

MaHoTex
12-22-2012, 4:08 PM
Infringe means to encroach on a right.
Now, let's take a look at the meaning of encroach.
Encroach means to take another's rights gradually or stealthily.

So, by limiting features because you do not think they are useful is infringing upon the rights of another. That action does not cut the constutional muster per the 2nd amendment.

A collapsable stock is actually very useful. When I take my boys to the range, they have to adjust the stock so they are able to shoot.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 4:14 PM
Hi-cap mags allow the shooter to fire three times the number of rounds with a third less reloads. They are more lethal that's why police and military use them. By making them illegal it makes it harder to get and more chance to catch someone planning a massacre, especially these troubled kids.

Bobio
12-22-2012, 4:17 PM
Infringe means to encroach on a right.
Now, let's take a look at the meaning of encroach.
Encroach means to take another's rights gradually or stealthily.

So, by limiting features because you do not think they are useful is infringing upon the rights of another. That action does not cut the constutional muster per the 2nd amendment.

A collapsable stock is actually very useful. When I take my boys to the range, they have to adjust the stock so they are able to shoot.

I'm not saying they aren't usefull I'm saying they make the weapons potentially more lethal. Also, I'm not talking about collapsing stock,s which I have,
Which adjust the weapon by maybe 4". I'm talking about folding stocks.

fullspeed1
12-22-2012, 4:21 PM
Hi-cap mags allow the shooter to fire three times the number of rounds with a third less reloads. They are more lethal that's why police and military use them. By making them illegal it makes it harder to get and more chance to catch someone planning a massacre, especially these troubled kids.

Your ability to perform simple math is unequivocal. With your brilliance, explain to us how a standard capacity magazine ban will deter any type of massacre in the future???

jj805
12-22-2012, 4:30 PM

How do you know the person you are protecting yourself from doesn't have a 30 round mag? If you have a 30 round mag, and the person you are protecting yourself from has a 30 round mag, your math is flawed. If you math is flawed, you are dead. Cheers.

MaHoTex
12-22-2012, 4:31 PM
I'm not saying they aren't usefull I'm saying they make the weapons potentially more lethal. Also, I'm not talking about collapsing stock,s which I have,
Which adjust the weapon by maybe 4". I'm talking about folding stocks.

Folding stocks do not increase nor decrease the lethality of a rifle. It would simply change the OAL.

The type of ammunition utilized in a rifle may impact the lethality, but not that OAL of the delivery system.

Now for the last part of your first post in this thread in response to your interpretation of the 2nd amendment, specifically , "Regulated" and "Militia":
According to the federalist papers, well-regulated is not oversight by a government. Instead this is the level of preparedness.
As for militia, that is simply a group of people. In this context of the 2nd amendment, the militia is the same as "the people" referenced after the comma, otherwise known as the citizens. That is you and me.

mag360
12-22-2012, 4:31 PM
Bwahahahaha brady math fail. Bless me with more of your genius. You really believe it reduces crime? Why didnt anything go down during the 94 ban? I ask again, ever heard of a new york reload?

NightOwl
12-22-2012, 4:37 PM
You just don't get it bro. Maybe one day you will understand the concept of standing "united" together.

Oh I certainly get it. Please, come stand united with me under the banner of the Gun Owners of America instead of those sell outs at the NRA.

jj805
12-22-2012, 4:41 PM
Oh I certainly get it. Please, come stand united with me under the banner of the Gun Owners of America instead of those sell outs at the NRA.

How effective are they going to be? If you can prove that they are going to be more effective than the NRA in this fight, I will. Until you can, we should cover ALL of our bases. Remember, the future is at stake, not the past.

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 4:48 PM

Stop and THINK already! If NRA leadership or its constitution was publically racist I wouldn't be a member either -- no matter how effective they might be. But the NRA is NOT racist! Quite the contrary! However any organization made up with humans is going to have some problem people. That does not mean the entire group is racist. Not by a long shot.

I get that sorta crap thinking all the time as a Catholic Christian. People attack the Church over XYZ because they know a Catholic who did XYZ. Stop and THINK already!

Go ahead and give $$ to whomever you want but your first $10+ should be for the NRA if you are serious about keeping your RKBA!

SPROCKET
12-22-2012, 4:49 PM
Ouch, even arch-conservative Rupert Murdoch is throwing L'pierre and his employer under the bus.

The conservative New York Post, which called LaPierre a "gun nut" and "NRA loon" on its Saturday cover, may be taking its cues from its owner, Rupert Murdoch. In the wake of the shooting, Murdoch spoke out about the need for stricter gun control.

"Terrible news today," he tweeted. "When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/22/new-york-post-_n_2352203.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

You will notice the obvious and immediate decline in the murder rate when the Australian weapons ban went into effect (1996). Errr, or not.

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/aic/research/homicide/homiciderate2.png

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 4:51 PM

The hell you do! You're clearly one confused individual. If you're not a NRA member you're part of the problem.

MaHoTex
12-22-2012, 4:52 PM

And if those are "illegal", do you suppose the criminals would care if they removed the blocks in the mags and stuffed 20 or 30 rounds in there?

Criminals are not worried about breaking laws because they are criminals.

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 4:58 PM
I suggest you all simply ignore "Bobio." He's playing some of you like a fiddle...

gobler
12-22-2012, 4:58 PM
. Cal regulations I support I think limiting magazines to 10 rounds makes sense. I They suck I wish I could have 30 rounds and a folding stock bu I think thes are sensible regulations. A have no issues what do ever regarding 10 day waiting periods and no gun how loopholes.

BAN!!!!

This doe's not sound like a pro 2A supporter...

scrubb
12-22-2012, 5:15 PM

I plan to boss, however, if i did not, i would not badmouth them. The NRA has done so much for us over the years. They are not perfect, however, the have fought for us longer than anybody else. Fighting for our rights involves more than fighting in the courts. They fight for us in court, on the TV, in congress, and they lobby for us with pro-gun politicians. It is complicated to make a statement that will please even half of those hearing it. They have to protect us, our rights, our guns, and appeal as best as they can to the gov, media, and general public without giving up too much. A lot of thinking and logic goes behind it. They have a team of lawyers and experts that help draft each speech.

I think that whatever you join, SAF is one of the best to support. They have a long history of fighting for us in the courts. Alan Gottlieb has our back.

Already a member or NRA (lifetime), SAF, CRPA, and i donate to calguns foundation. We are stronger as a "united" group.

As a side note, I read that CRPA has already filed a lawsuit against senator De Leon's ammo card/fingerprinting law. Consider them for sure.

Cheers,

glocksmith
12-22-2012, 5:35 PM

What a douche.

ROTC sniper
12-22-2012, 5:45 PM
Join the NRA and sign up for lifetime membership for $300. On another forum, defensivecarry.com I saw that they are accepting the lifetime membership sponsors. Some of the members said it was okay to use their info.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-needed-9.html

=Mike=
12-22-2012, 5:47 PM
Two comments from two different posters stand out to me in this thread.

"CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it or shut the ~!@#$%^&*()_+ up!"

"I think regulations in Californa make sense."

bigcalidave
12-22-2012, 6:08 PM

Good, you can stand together with GOA doing nothing but standing there while NRA gets things done. Exactly what can GOA do? What have they done?

Excelsior
12-22-2012, 6:59 PM

Do you feel good about yourself now? The fact that you typed three paragraphs tells me you feel a need to defend yourself because you feel guilty.

Either join the NRA or remain part of the problem.

=Mike=
12-22-2012, 7:14 PM
Do you feel good about yourself now? The fact that you typed three paragraphs tells me you feel a need to defend yourself because you feel guilty.

Either join the NRA or remain part of the problem.

Hey! that would be a great sig!

So would this one..

CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it or shut the ~!@#$%^&*()_+ up!

You can use it if you want.

thayne
12-22-2012, 7:16 PM
Ive had my issues with the NRA but for the greater good I re-joined last thursday.

oddball
12-22-2012, 10:09 PM

So tell me truthfully; does the GOA have the ability to reach millions of people nationwide? Does the GOA have the ability to call a news conference and have all important international media show up? Does the GOA, have the ability to go in front of Congress and tell them to eat s@#@? Does the GOA have the ability to go nose to nose with the White House and tell them to eat s#$@? Does the GOA have the ability to strike fear into the politicians seeking election?

No?

I figured.:rolleyes:

oddball
12-22-2012, 10:12 PM

So tell me truthfully; does the GOA have the ability to reach millions of people nationwide? Does the GOA have the ability to call a news conference and have all important international media show up? Does the GOA, have the ability to go in front of Congress and tell them to eat s@#@? Does the GOA have the ability to go nose to nose with the White House and tell them to eat s#$@? Does the GOA have the ability to strike fear into the politicians seeking election?

No?

I figured.:rolleyes:

CapS
12-22-2012, 10:26 PM
No. Sorry, but I'm pretty disappointed in how the NRA has handled this whole business. Taking shots at the 1st Amendment isn't acceptable.

So we should undercut the strongest 2nd Amendment protection we have to protect the 1st?

I guess we'll have to disagree.

Oh, wait---without the 2nd we won't have the 1st

:oji:

Cap