PDA

View Full Version : Templar Sports

Laythor
12-22-2012, 9:53 AM
Stopped by this morning at 10, had planned on hanging out if they were open at 1030 but they don't open til 11. There were already half a dozen people waiting at the door!

So it was good to see you, if any of you happened to be fellow Cal gunners.

Laythor
12-22-2012, 12:25 PM
So they won't be open until next week

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

YeloSub
12-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Just drove by again... Not open :-(

Any more news on when they will open up? Everything I read said today...

Laythor
12-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Overheard the owner say he would put an update on calguns. Sounded like next Saturday at the latest.

And here's a pic of the huge protest
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

skilletboy
12-23-2012, 7:23 PM
They don't seem to mind the liquor and wine stores all over LG.

I guess the 100k deaths a year due to alcohol are all good though huh.

Alcohol= implicit in most rapes, assaults, domestic abuses, child beatings, etc etc.

I thought they wanted to protect children?!

carb1a4h
12-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I went to TS Saturday about 1215 and there were 10-15 protesters with 4-5 other supporters waiting for the shop to open. I hung around waiting to see if the owner would show. He did show up responding to a call from his alarm company. Stand up guy and appreciative to those who came out to support his business. First hand, he said he wasn't planning on opening that day and it was a whole media spin that announced this grand opening for Saturday. He said to stay posted to Calguns for information on when he will be opening.

twolane
12-26-2012, 4:42 PM
I'll keep my eyes on this thread. I'd like to go by on opening day and support another small business!

twolane
12-28-2012, 6:39 AM
bump... any word if tomorrow will be the day?

QuarterBoreGunner
12-28-2012, 7:35 AM
Well I'll be in LG on Saturday to see my mom so I'll stop by and see what's what.

gregorio
12-28-2012, 7:50 AM
The delays are killing me! I have to drive 6 miles to San Jose in order to get my fix!

Laythor
12-28-2012, 7:57 AM
They might just be holding off again. Can't find any website for the business yet and no word from them on an opening.

It would be humorous for them not to open this weekend and the protesters show up again to picked a closed store :)

QuarterBoreGunner
12-28-2012, 8:02 AM
They might just be holding off again. Can't find any website for the business yet and no word from them on an opening.

It would be humorous for them not to open this weekend and the protesters show up again to picked a closed store :)

This is actually not a bad tactic. Wait for the Mommy brigade to tire and then do a stealth opening. A soft opening with just word of mouth and an announcement here would do nicely; then have the big advertised opening a couple weeks later.

sully007
12-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Just got a email telling me that they will sent out a email tomorrow about the official opening.

Just Saying!

carb1a4h
12-29-2012, 6:21 AM
How do I get on their email list?

sully007
12-29-2012, 8:41 AM
How do I get on their email list?

Templarlosgatos@gmail.com

Just Saying!

carb1a4h
12-29-2012, 9:08 AM
Thank you

Laythor
12-29-2012, 9:21 AM
wonder if they will make it before the 1st.

carnelianbay
12-29-2012, 2:17 PM
There are multiple reviews on yelp for this shop. Are you saying that they havenít even opened yet?

carb1a4h
12-29-2012, 2:32 PM
THEY ARE OPEN. Stopped by on a whim. AR stuff is going quickly

Overlander
12-29-2012, 3:27 PM
THEY ARE OPEN. Stopped by on a whim. AR stuff is going quickly

Was that today? I stopped by on a whim yesterday (Friday) just after noon, and there were workers inside but the sign said closed.

A little communication wouldn't hurt...

Laythor
12-29-2012, 3:47 PM
hmm. wonder what time they're open til

twolane
12-29-2012, 3:56 PM
I want in, but I don't want to make the drive from SF if they aren't going to be open. Anyone have contact info? Store hours?

DarkSoul
12-29-2012, 3:58 PM
I went by today as well, great shop, very neat and clean, lots of inventory, quite a few AR based rifles, plenty of bolt guns and shotguns, LOTS of pistols.

Great shop, glad we have another choice in the area.

Overlander
12-29-2012, 4:32 PM
I want in, but I don't want to make the drive from SF if they aren't going to be open. Anyone have contact info? Store hours?

Same here. I'd like to show my support & maybe spend some money, but I'm not driving there again until I'm sure they're actually gonna be open.

PanzerAce
12-29-2012, 7:08 PM
11-5 sat/sun
10-6 mon/tues/thurs/fri
10-8 wed

Are the hours they've got posted right now.

veritas137
12-29-2012, 8:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up, hoping to stop in tomorrow or Monday.

Why aren't those anti gun protestors making a big stink about bars and stores that sell alcohol? Sure, they may enjoy their wine and cheese responsibly, but how many innocent people are killed due to drunk drivers?

sully007
12-30-2012, 7:11 AM
FYI

We wanted to let you know that we will opening today at noon. Our business hours going forward will he:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 10:00m to 6:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 to 5:00pm

We will be closed New Year's Day.

Looking forward to meeting you and thanks again for your support!

Just Saying!

Laythor
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
So I stopped by today with my son. He wanted to pick up some fishing line for a project he's working on. Ended up walking out with the fishing line and DROS'd a Colt 1991A1... :)

Laythor
12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
forgot to mention, they have a very nice selection of firearms. Long guns, pistols, revolvers... could have spent hours in there looking at everything.

gregorio
12-30-2012, 1:21 PM
So I stopped by today with my son. He wanted to pick up some fishing line for a project he's working on. Ended up walking out with the fishing line and DROS'd a Colt 1991A1... :)

LOL I was there when you walked in. I just wanted to say hi and maybe pick up some ammo. Ended up walking out with $1000 worth of AR components! It sure felt good to walk by the protesters with an armload of evil black rifle stuff!

Prices are not the best but they still have stock on complete ARs as well as lowers and uppers. Lots of Glocks and Sigs too.

Nice guys. They'll do great just with people wanting to make a statement against the anti-gunners in town.

twolane
12-30-2012, 1:27 PM
I was there today too! About 12:30. Beautiful shop. Good selection of firearms. Good amount of uppers and lowers. Pricing on that stuff is at current market rates, other stuff was at or about MSRP. Very nice people too.
I'll be back!

Overlander
12-30-2012, 2:00 PM
I stopped by today as well. Nice shop and nice guys working there. The guy I talked to even had a great attitude about the picketers, saying that the 1st Amendment and free speech were basic American freedoms too.

They don't have any reloading gear/components yet but are considering carrying some of those supplies in the future. Probably no powder or primers because of the hefty regulations & requirements for storing those.

I'll be back for sure and I wish them success and prosperity.

Laythor
12-30-2012, 2:21 PM
LOL I was there when you walked in. I just wanted to say hi and maybe pick up some ammo. Ended up walking out with $1000 worth of AR components! It sure felt good to walk by the protesters with an armload of evil black rifle stuff!

Prices are not the best but they still have stock on complete ARs as well as lowers and uppers. Lots of Glocks and Sigs too.

Nice guys. They'll do great just with people wanting to make a statement against the anti-gunners in town.

yep, they were all really nice in there. It was funny to see so many guys working there who i've seen at other shops, templar shouldnt have any of the "new crew" issues some shops have.

gregorio
12-30-2012, 2:29 PM
I was there today too! About 12:30. Beautiful shop. Good selection of firearms. Good amount of uppers and lowers. Pricing on that stuff is at current market rates, other stuff was at or about MSRP. Very nice people too.
I'll be back!

That's about the time I leaving. After looking online, I see you are right. Prices sure have jumped in the past couple weeks! The good news it that they have them in stock. Every place I looked was out of stock/back ordered.

The guy I talked to (Nick?) said he thought they should be able to keep most items in stock or get them in reasonable time. They were already working with manufacturers instead of wholesalers for some items.

I'd love to see them stock brass, bullets and primers but especially powder! Right now, the fire department is afraid to come to my FIL's house becuase of all the powder we store there. We just can't get it reliably.

onegtalon
12-30-2012, 2:42 PM
Stopped by today.. Nice shop and nice folks!

Sent from my iPhone
OneGtalon

Laythor
12-30-2012, 3:01 PM
i really do like the bright and open feel of the shop, a stark contrast from so many other gun shops. I wanted to take a picture of the gun i was buying but was told that they do not allow photography in the store, which is understandable.

veritas137
12-30-2012, 3:17 PM
My wife and I stopped in today to show our support for the store. I didn't really need anything but did not want to walk out empty handed so I picked up some snap caps and a box of 9mm JHP.

Like others have said, it's a very nice looking shop. Plenty of guns in stock but I think they could have a little more selection of accessory items.

From the street it was hard to tell there was even a gun shop there. It sounded like the protestors were actually improving business which I think is hilarious. Free advertising!

PanzerAce
01-02-2013, 8:29 AM
FYI, these guys actually have receivers in stock, since I've been hearing a bunch of my friends complain about not being able to find them. They're in the white, but they're there.

sully007
01-03-2013, 7:00 PM
Wow Colt AR 6920 going for $2,500.00. That's a lot of money.

gregorio
01-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Went by there on the 3rd and no more protesters. Maybe it was because it was in the 40's outside. You know that's too cold for the Los Gatos housewives to go outside :banghead:

dichter
01-22-2013, 1:25 PM
I was there last week to do a FFL Transfer. Really nice store and feels "up-scale". Hey, it's Los Gatos, after all. :p

Staff seems very knowledgeable as well. :)

Surprised to find they have their own Templar Sports branded lower too....

Will return there for the pick up soon, and will probably buy some stuff from them too.

QuarterBoreGunner
01-22-2013, 1:33 PM
^Yeah I stopped by on last Saturday; the place was packed. Pretty fair selection and a very up-scale, professional vibe. Definitely going to be spending some cash there.-

nidhogg24
01-23-2013, 9:24 PM
I held the 20,000 dollar rifle. I wasn't impressed. Then again I'm not an AR guy. Nice shop with a friendly staff though. Will definitely spend money there. O and I got to check out the ACOG and the SRS I want.

dichter
01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Oh, and look for the Snoopy plush toy behind the counter (with the toy 50 cal mini gun). I was told that mini gun is an actual working .22 :)

DarkSoul
01-24-2013, 6:57 AM
I held the 20,000 dollar rifle. I wasn't impressed. Then again I'm not an AR guy. Nice shop with a friendly staff though. Will definitely spend money there. O and I got to check out the ACOG and the SRS I want.

I wasnt impressed either, but it is an extremely rare rifle, for the collector, I am sure its worth the coin though.

gimmejr
01-27-2013, 7:34 AM
http://www.templarsports.net/Town-Meeting-Info.html