PDA

View Full Version : We are facing a united front! NO MORE DIVISION!

chip3757
12-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Division is the enemy's tactic. Now is a critical time to unite. I have never in my life advertised that I am an NRA member. Today I posted this link all over my facebook. The media has created an embarrassing association to this organization (if you are under 30 you know exactly what I'm talking about). It's time to join and its time to recruit. I just bought 3 junior memberships for my 3 daughters today. (Don't forget CGF as well)

$10 off your NRA membership...

http://www.shootingusa.com/LATEST_UPDATES/NRA_news/NRA_Membership/nra_membership.html

supermanuf
12-22-2012, 12:11 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Facebook-like-button.png

mag360
12-22-2012, 7:45 AM
Brings a tear to my eye to see such blatant gloating of coat tail riding on this forum. I'd bet there isnt 10,000 nra members on calguns. So frustrating that even here people dont get it. You have got to put the "I dont like that I feel their is subliminal messaging in my NRA mailers so I cancelled" or whatever the heck else your excuse is.

Buckle up, sign up, volunteer. We are in for a long ride. Stopping a bill now is a lot better than dighting the courts for 10 years.

colossians323
12-22-2012, 8:18 AM
Great idea with the kids........i will be doing so as well.

CaliforniaLiberal
12-22-2012, 8:42 AM
I have issues with the NRA. Decided that didn't matter, that the NRA is the most effective lobbying organization that represents me as a Gun Owner in Congress.

Checked my account, I'm paid up until the middle of 2014 and will add a couple more years of membership shortly.

The other must support organizations, in my opinion. are CalGuns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Says somewhere around here that the CRPA Foundation is worthwhile also, I have to check that one out.

NRA

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

CalGuns Foundation

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030

Second Amendment Foundation

http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=safdonation

CRPA Foundation

http://blog.crpa.org/?page_id=1232

tbhracing
12-22-2012, 8:46 AM
I'm a lifetime member for the NRA and the CRPA. Time for me to donate money to the CGF.

njineermike
12-22-2012, 8:50 AM
I'm proud to have had the lifetime member sig line for quite some time now. Unite now.

IPSICK
12-22-2012, 9:24 AM
NRA lifer here.

Regular CGF donator (auto-donate quarterly)

Soon to be SAF lifer at a bargain of $150

hornswaggled
12-22-2012, 9:32 AM
If we want any chance at all of stopping gun control bills before they become law, the NRA is our only shot.

njineermike
12-22-2012, 11:16 AM
If we want any chance at all of stopping gun control bills before they become law, the NRA is our only shot.

This. Anybody saying "I won't join the NRA for [insert lame reason here]" might as well be saying "I didn't want the right to defend myself anyway."

Moonshine
12-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Right now were about to face the toughest battle we've ever faced... The Autrailians and British had their guns confiscated during national panics like the one were experiencing now. NOW is our time to stand together.

racer_X_123
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
We should start a viral campaign with fliers and posters and such to hang around town and on bulletin boards. Maybe not "join the NRA" but basically we need a way to get the word out and SHOW people that we mean business.

sammy
12-22-2012, 4:00 PM
Just signed up with the SAF for a lifetime membership. Who else besides the CPRA, CGF and NRA should we spend our hard earned money with?

wildhawker
12-22-2012, 4:03 PM
Http://FirearmsPolicy.org

The new coalition for modern gun rights advocacy.

winnre
12-22-2012, 4:21 PM
Ooh donating to CGF is TAX-DEDUCTIBLE!!!!!

:party::party::party:

So gonna contribute on Payday!

wjc
12-22-2012, 9:19 PM
Http://FirearmsPolicy.org

The new coalition for modern gun rights advocacy.

niiice!

lilro
12-22-2012, 9:55 PM
I'm here. Where are you?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2cftyc.jpg

And I will be joining SAF/GOA next paycheck. Any other organizations I should be aligned with?

Palmaris
12-23-2012, 6:16 AM
Just joined NRA and made donation to CGF. Feels much better now!!!!!

prod39
12-23-2012, 6:42 AM
I agree with the fact that WE MUST UNITE,,,,,,just like the libs,,,because they are after US,collectively !
I'm an old NRA member, jumped with both feet for the " All In" campaign against Barry!
( look! they beat us in the voting booth!)
Additionally, I'm a member in three other gun groups!

C'MON YOU GUYS ! THIS IS A FIGHT FOR YOUR WEAPONS! AGAIN !

tbhracing
12-23-2012, 7:34 AM
Group hug!

mag360
12-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I joined cal-ffl as an individual supporter

Creeping Incrementalism
12-23-2012, 12:07 PM
If you want to spend more money on gun organizations and are already an NRA member, I suggest donating to the NRA-ILA which uses money for lobbying. Their funding is separate from the NRA.

GOC, GOA, and 2AF and sole-proprietorships with no electable board, unlike the NRA. GOC and GOA are fairly stupid politically so I would suggest not donating to them. For example, the GOC at one time supported ID requirements for mail order ammo, and I think it was GOA whose dumb mistake got the lead ammo ban pushed through by Arnold. Gottlieb at the 2AF has done good work in the past, but still the NRA does the best job overall, it has an electable board, and we should unite our efforts with one organization and the NRA is it.

I'm not up to date on the CRPA--have they fixed their election process yet?

vintagearms
12-23-2012, 12:12 PM
NRA LIFE OF DUTY MEMBER HERE.

Mike82110
12-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm doing my best to educate via discussion, Facebook, ect... Renewed my NRA membership and signed up my wife. Joined SAF, CRPA, and i'm a Calguns contributor. I'm spreading the truth that msm doesn't want people to know, and not on here, but to the uninformed masses, the people that just believe what they read and see on the front Page, which is usually misguided and false. I don't have the money right now to contribute what I want, but by speaking out and trying to unite gun owners, I hope that I can do my part to protect our freedoms. We all need to stand up, unite, and protect our 2a rights. Get behind the big organizations that can help us win this fight with Strength in #'s.

SiegeX
12-23-2012, 2:28 PM
I've never made a single political post on facebook...until now. Your post made me realize the time for silence is no more. I just posted the following on my facebook wall:

I'm not one to publicly announce my political beliefs but in this case I will make an exception. If you are a responsible gun owner like me and you are not a member of the NRA then you are apart of the problem. If you own a gun, you are agreeing to all the political ramifications that comes with it. Here is a link to a discounted 1-year membership for $25 which comes with a $25 gift card making the membership essentially free. https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy&EK=Y1CWPPAD&pubID=+217.AAG&hid=4487688

12voltguy
12-23-2012, 2:49 PM

;)

wonder if all the whiners are NRA members?

Mike82110
12-23-2012, 3:49 PM
I've never made a single political post on facebook...until now. Your post made me realize the time for silence is no more. I just posted the following on my facebook wall:

I've also kept politics of of my Facebook, until now! After realizing how falsely informed most people are, I felt I had a duty to spread the truth. This even led to a discussion with my father who I don't see very much. He is a very intelligent business man, but i could tell that all he knew was what he has learned from the media. It felt good to educate him and changed the way he looks at gun control in this country.

We all need to do our part.

GunnerB
12-23-2012, 3:54 PM
You ABSOLUTELY have to be an NRA member.