PDA

View Full Version : Need help changing sites on a P226.

Evolution247
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this but I recently picked up some Truglo TRITIUM/FIBER OPTIC sights for my Sig P226 (9mm).

I'm trying to find an inexpensive place to have them mounted in the SF Bay Area. I called a couple of places and since I didn't buy the product through them they want an arm and a leg for a 10 minute job.

One place originally told me $20 (which was cool) but then they changed it when I tried to make an appointment to $40 (which was not cool).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

supersonic
08-15-2007, 7:15 AM
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this but I recently picked up some Truglo TRITIUM/FIBER OPTIC sights for my Sig P226 (9mm).

I'm trying to find an inexpensive place to have them mounted in the SF Bay Area. I called a couple of places and since I didn't buy the product through them they want an arm and a leg for a 10 minute job.

One place originally told me $20 (which was cool) but then they changed it when I tried to make an appointment to $40 (which was not cool).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I put the same sights on my P226 357/40 and it was a NIGHTMARE!!!! Truglo (or SIG(?)) needs to make a tool designed SPECIFICALLY for this combo. All I can say is good luck!! (my F.S. dovetail on slide is now gouged---aarrrgghhh!!!!)
S.S.:43:

Evolution247
08-15-2007, 8:59 AM
I put the same sights on my P226 357/40 and it was a NIGHTMARE!!!! Truglo (or SIG(?)) needs to make a tool designed SPECIFICALLY for this combo. All I can say is good luck!! (my F.S. dovetail on slide is now gouged---aarrrgghhh!!!!)

Damn, that's too bad. I guess I need to fork out the money and pay the $45 to get it done. Sucks to pay that much.

TEX1966
08-15-2007, 2:51 PM
Just put a set of Trijicon on my USP with just a hammer and punch. Went on fairly easy. Then I tried to do a Sig 228. Rear sight went on fine but I can not get the front sight to move over 1/3 of the way. Looks like I am in the same boat as you.

supersonic
08-15-2007, 3:51 PM
Just put a set of Trijicon on my USP with just a hammer and punch. Went on fairly easy. Then I tried to do a Sig 228. Rear sight went on fine but I can not get the front sight to move over 1/3 of the way. Looks like I am in the same boat as you.

Seems like SOMEONE should have addressed this problem by now. I can't even get onto the SIG forums (they won't even let me CONTACT them!!) because I have a "free" e-mail account. *****s.