PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Eric Swalwell's Comments about "Assault Rifle"

AAShooter
12-21-2012, 6:39 PM
I was looking at soon to be Congressman Eric Swalwell's Facebook page. He is for the AWB and had this to say in one of his posts:

In 2011, I prosecuted Dreshawn Lee for murdering Gary Jackson. Dreshawn Lee used an assault rifle and fired dozens of rounds at Mr. Jackson. He only hit Mr. Jackson once. Just once. In the thigh. But a bullet flying at 2,300 feet per second was more than enough to kill Mr. Jackson. It's not just an assault weapon's magazine capacity that makes it so lethal, it's how much faster their bullets fly. You have no chance.

Really? No chance. Maybe we should be using bean bags for lethal encounters.

This is another great post:

My dad is a hunter & a retired cop. I've been around guns my whole life. He never needed more than 10 rounds & neither should anyone else.

Really? That's why police officers normally carry a handgun with three "normal" capacity magazines . . . often totally more than 45 rounds.

This guy is worrisome.

OldShooter32
12-21-2012, 6:53 PM
Disarm the ATF and Secret Service: They don't need them either if this is true.

ECG_88
12-21-2012, 9:54 PM
wow, speed of the projectile has nothing to do with the type of gun. more to do with bullet shape, powder, and length of barrel.

IVC
12-21-2012, 10:13 PM
The guy's voting base is SF. What did you expect?

schneiderguy
12-21-2012, 11:54 PM
The guy's voting base is SF. What did you expect?

Unfortunately in his district the choice was between him and another Democrat, who was supposedly even worse.

I voted for Swalwell :facepalm:

IVC
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Unfortunately in his district the choice was between him and another Democrat, who was supposedly even worse.

This is actually good news. We should work on getting the message out that there is a conservative minority that can be swayed. We want to have in the next election cycle politicians who understand that the number of moderate conservatives is much larger than the number of fringe left liberals, thus a slightly less popular candidate with the left can still pull off a victory by utilizing the conservative vote.

This, essentially, elevates the conservative vote to the level of a "swing vote" and can have as much influence as, e.g., Ohio votes have on the presidential election. If played right, it can be very beneficial to the gun owners in the future.

SickofSoCal
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I was looking at soon to be Congressman Eric Swalwell's Facebook page. He is for the AWB and had this to say in one of his posts:

Really? No chance. Maybe we should be using bean bags for lethal encounters.

This is another great post:

Really? That's why police officers normally carry a handgun with three "normal" capacity magazines . . . often totally more than 45 rounds.

This guy is worrisome.

Bill Ruger said the same thing!

Full Clip
12-22-2012, 12:16 AM
wow, speed of the projectile has nothing to do with the type of gun. more to do with bullet shape, powder, and length of barrel.

Trying to use facts and science to reason with emotion-driven antis, eh?
You'll only hate yourself in the morning.

CCWFacts
12-22-2012, 12:20 AM

Check out the Secret Service's magazine capacity:

YAZ2qvhJGgU

Gray Peterson
12-22-2012, 1:03 AM

Don't feel bad. California switched all elections to a Top 2 Primary System and the Stark/Swalwell situation was unavoidable given the district. The defeat of Stark was a good thing because he was an old anti-gunner who was generally a crazy person.

morfeeis
12-22-2012, 1:06 AM
tell that twit needs have nothing to do with rights. I don't need free speech but i have a right to it.

morfeeis
12-22-2012, 1:06 AM
tell that twit needs have nothing to do with rights. I don't need free speech but i have a right to it.

speleogist
12-22-2012, 10:28 AM

You mean disband the ATF?