PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up My 2A Rights

NytWolf
12-21-2012, 4:04 PM
Since the answer seems to be banning guns, I give up my 2A rights as a citizen of the United States ...

but only if guns are banned for absolutely everybody. A gun ban should have no exemptions. If guns are bad, no citizen should have them. If guns are so bad, law enforcement should not have them. If guns are evil, not even the military should have them. Because by golly, if the United States Armed Forces has guns, the United States is up to no good.

Guns should be banned for absolutely everyone because guns are used ONLY for violence. Good heavens, should a criminal ever wrestle a police officer's gun from him, the criminal would cause havoc across the world. So there needs to be a ban there too.

The military should not have guns either, because the United States is a country where technology is so sophisticated, there is no need to attack other countries using guns. The only time the United States Armed Forces needs guns is to wreak evil upon other countries.

Let's ban guns. No guns for citizens; no guns for the police; no guns for the military.

/rant

Oh yeah ... and while we're at it, let's close all the firearms and ammo manufacturers too.

Bota2112
12-21-2012, 4:07 PM
If that were in place I could rule the world with a .22 bolt action single shot!! :26:

NytWolf
12-21-2012, 4:13 PM
If that were in place I could rule the world with a .22 bolt action single shot!! :26:

You'd be a criminal, because we all know how criminals are always up to no good. But wait ... you can't be a criminal because gun bans work. They always work -- so you won't have a gun ... not even a 22 bolt action single shot.

wjc
12-21-2012, 7:11 PM
You can't give up your 2A rights.

The right to self defense was given to you by the Creator or Natural Law depending on your belief system. The 2nd Amendment just defines it in the context of our system of government.

Oh, isn't it interesting that China wants us to give up our firearms?

Linh
12-21-2012, 7:19 PM
Oh yeah ... and while we're at it, let's close all the firearms and ammo manufacturers too.

Yep that will "create" lots of new jobs.

chazbot
12-21-2012, 7:28 PM
You'd be a criminal, because we all know how criminals are always up to no good. But wait ... you can't be a criminal because gun bans work. They always work -- so you won't have a gun ... not even a 22 bolt action single shot.

Yep, as soon as I forgot to add my bullet button to my rifle when I came back from Vegas, the whole rifle vanished into a puff of evil black smoke.

Kolo589
12-21-2012, 7:48 PM
The military should not have guns either, because the United States is a country where technology is so sophisticated, there is no need to attack other countries using guns.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the mentality of circa-1960's US Air Force when designing the Phantom and other interceptor aircraft.

knerona
12-21-2012, 8:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that's exactly the mentality of circa-1960's US Air Force when designing the Phantom and other interceptor aircraft.

Sure them Phantom pilots loved that in Vietnam. =\

wjc
12-21-2012, 8:11 PM
Sure them Phantom pilots loved that in Vietnam. =\

Up until a bright young flyer came up with the SUU-16 gun pod.

http://www.aviation-history.com/mcdonnell/f4.html

hpd
12-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Since the answer seems to be banning guns, I give up my 2A rights as a citizen of the United States ...

but only if guns are banned for absolutely everybody. A gun ban should have no exemptions. If guns are bad, no citizen should have them. If guns are so bad, law enforcement should not have them. If guns are evil, not even the military should have them. Because by golly, if the United States Armed Forces has guns, the United States is up to no good.

Guns should be banned for absolutely everyone because guns are used ONLY for violence. Good heavens, should a criminal ever wrestle a police officer's gun from him, the criminal would cause havoc across the world. So there needs to be a ban there too.

The military should not have guns either, because the United States is a country where technology is so sophisticated, there is no need to attack other countries using guns. The only time the United States Armed Forces needs guns is to wreak evil upon other countries.

Let's ban guns. No guns for citizens; no guns for the police; no guns for the military.

/rant

Freaking brilliant! Yes, let's close all the firearms and ammo manufacturers too, because God knows America doesn't need the jobs.

wash
12-21-2012, 11:08 PM

The right to self defense was given to you by the Creator or Natural Law depending on your belief system. The 2nd Amendment just defines it in the context of our system of government.

I believe renouncing your citizenship will do the trick as far as the U.S. government is concerned.

Shrubmaster
12-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Don't give loose electron something to report back with!
They'll think they're winning!

But I agree... slingshots and hand drawn pictures of ligers should be banned as well.

wjc
12-22-2012, 12:36 AM

I believe renouncing your citizenship will do the trick as far as the U.S. government is concerned.

That presumes the current government is legitimate.

;)

PBRStreetgang
12-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I think grandpa still has the headdress.....I wonder if I could learn to shoot a bow and borrow it? :)

Shotgun Man
12-22-2012, 12:45 AM
How come every time there is a shooting, I (an NRA life member, e.g.) am viewed as the bad guy? I didn't do it.

wjc
12-22-2012, 12:46 AM
I think grandpa still has the headdress.....I wonder if I could learn to shoot a bow and borrow it? :)

I have 4 bows.

"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it"

:D

wjc
12-22-2012, 12:47 AM
How come every time there is a shooting, I (an NRA life member, e.g.) am viewed as the bad guy? I didn't do it.

Guild by association

CEDaytonaRydr
12-22-2012, 1:00 AM
"They want to take my guns away and that would be just fine. If you take 'em away from the criminals first I'll gladly give up mine" - Charlie Daniels :oji: