PDA

View Full Version : Since the massacre, the NRA can report a membership increase of over 1 million

Excelsior
12-21-2012, 12:05 PM
"Since the massacre, the NRA can report a membership increase of over 1 million new members"

If LaPierre and company were able to announce something along those lines shortly after the first of the year, it would really make President Obama and his thugs "pucker" -- and think twice.

It really is high time for everyone concerned about maintaining our Second Amendment rights to join the NRA. The NRA is far from perfect but it's by far our best and strongest voice in WDC.

All the whining, anger and bitterness needs to be suspended for a while. It can't be used as an excuse for apathy during these current times. If you can't or don't want to hack the $35/year dues, you can join for $10.00/year sans the monthly magazine.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aignID=nranews

Click on "Junior, Distinguished and Other Memberships" if you want to sign-up for the $10.00/year membership.

It takes about 90 seconds using a credit or debit card.

Jake71
12-21-2012, 12:09 PM
1 Million members... even at a 10$/yr(as an example) membership is what.... 10 million dollars...?

Holy crap!

Montu
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I agree, there are some links you can use to get you the 35 dollar membership @ 25 as well.

ok let me make it easy here you go:https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XR017807

10 dollars or 25 dollars..your choice

Arisaka
12-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Everyone must join! If you own a gun (or would like to at some point) you need to get on the bus!!!

Excelsior
12-21-2012, 12:31 PM
1 Million members... even at a 10$/yr(as an example) membership is what.... 10 million dollars...?

Holy crap!

It's not all about $$$. Not by a long shot.

It's about a voice. It's would be a strong indicator that people want their RKBA. It's about people that will write letters, make calls and send e-mails.

bwiese
12-21-2012, 12:32 PM
It's true. NUMBERS COUNT.

Gene Hoffman and I have always said, "Never make the mistake of not being an NRA member."

Excelsior
12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Here's an even better deal. Join the NRA for $25.00 and get a $25.00 gift card from Bass Pro!

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy&EK=Y1CWPPAD&pubID=%20217.AAG&hid=4487688

Patrick Aherne
12-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Before the election, I renewed my membership for 5 years for $125. I just joined GOA today.

SickofSoCal
12-21-2012, 12:41 PM
As much as I have not really liked the NRA for the past 10 years, I agree with bwiese on this one.

I was last a member in 2000-2001, somewhere in there I believe. I will be joining after the holidays.

These are the times that try men's souls. (and they are coming big time, 2013)

amd64
12-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Best response to antigun hysterics: Join the NRA and buy more guns.

Squash the hysterical antigun rantings with mass quantities of new NRA members and empty gun store shelves.

GOEX FFF
12-21-2012, 2:17 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

For the cost of a large pizza, bread sticks and a 2 liter soda once a year, you can join NRA and fight for your freedoms.

There is no excuse not to join. NRA also isn't some separate cooperate entity, it is made up entirely of its dues paying members. When you join, you're not just a member, but you ARE the NRA.

xDIEGOx
12-21-2012, 2:22 PM
I joined a few months ago, and I gifted a membership to my brother this morning.

cjc16
12-21-2012, 2:27 PM
I'm already a life member but I sent in a donation after the press conference.

Scottie15
12-21-2012, 2:29 PM
From a life member, that is good to hear. I have two friends I will be buying memberships for this week.

To share the love to CalGuns, I'll buy 1 year "Associate" memberships this weekend for the first 8 calgunners who send me the info needed to process a membership application (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp).

PM me the info and I will let you know when I sign you up. Once I get 8 PMs with full info, I will edit this post. For those of you with the means to do this too, please join me in sharing!!

n6vmo
12-21-2012, 2:36 PM
...Just gifted a membership to my son.

donny douchebag
12-21-2012, 2:44 PM
A million was how many there were total in 1977:

http://tinyurl.com/btrm2hn

GunnerB
12-21-2012, 2:49 PM
The NRA carries significantly more clout when they can say we have 4, 6, 8, 10, 20 million members that we represent.

Same goes for any other organization that represents firearm owners.

acolytes
12-21-2012, 2:50 PM
I'm already a member. Just signed up some family members recently. Strength in numbers.

amd64
12-21-2012, 3:04 PM
The NRA carries significantly more clout when they can say we have 4, 6, 8, 10, 20 million members that we represent.

Same goes for any other organization that represents firearm owners.

We're doing ok with ~ 4 million. It would be interesting to see what a 20+ million member NRA could do. With 70 to 90 million individual gun owners in the USA, that's not impossible.

merrill
12-21-2012, 3:11 PM
"Since the massacre, the NRA can report a membership increase of over 1 million new members"

If LaPierre and company were able to announce something along those lines shortly after the first of the year, it would really make President Obama and his thugs "pucker" -- and think twice.

It really is high time for everyone concerned about maintaining our Second Amendment rights to join the NRA. The NRA is far from perfect but it's by far our best and strongest voice in WDC.

All the whining, anger and bitterness needs to be suspended for a while. It can't be used as an excuse for apathy during these current times. If you can't or don't want to hack the $35/year dues, you can join for $10.00/year sans the monthly magazine.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aignID=nranews

Click on "Junior, Distinguished and Other Memberships" if you want to sign-up for the $10.00/year membership.

It takes about 90 seconds using a credit or debit card.

That number doesn't sound right to me. Were did you get it?

artoaster
12-21-2012, 3:19 PM
The most important numbers right now are with the NRA. Even if you don't like the leadership or today's press conference the membership numbers are what the press has to notice.

It's as strong a message as the panic buying and out-of-stock guns and ammo situation occurring nationwide.

Paladin
12-21-2012, 3:45 PM
I read the NRA has been averaging 8,000 new members/day since the CT shooting. At that rate, it would take 125 days to get to 1M new members -- a way past New Year's day and Jan, when O said he wants to start on gun control.

Paladin
12-21-2012, 3:50 PM
18 days from the shooting (last Fri), until 1 Jan is 18 days. To get 1M members during that time requires averaging 55,555 new members/day.

bergmen
12-21-2012, 3:55 PM
I agree with the OP, time to join. Life member here but contribute when and where I can.

Really, it is $3.00 per month. One cheap cup of Starbucks mule-pee excuse for coffee. It ain't that hard to do.

Dan

chief003
12-21-2012, 3:59 PM
We're doing ok with ~ 4 million. It would be interesting to see what a 20+ million member NRA could do. With 70 to 90 million individual gun owners in the USA, that's not impossible.

Truth be told, the NRA does represent far more than the 4.3 million registered members. Like others, I have debated joining the NRA for several years. Today I took action to join and gifted 2 additional memberships. I also have contributed to the CalGuns Foundation and purchased an Ambassador membership with Front Sight.

My point is there are many many others like me who affiliate themselves with firearm ownership organizations but have not actually 'joined' or publicly vocalized their support for the tenets of the Second Amendment through the participation in these organizations.

DR296
12-21-2012, 4:44 PM
Done

Trakker
12-21-2012, 5:11 PM
Numbers count and we don't want to end up like the tea party

Look at Roseanne Barr. Damn independents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjc
12-21-2012, 6:08 PM
That's 5.5 million by last count.

We definitely need more people to join!

Excelsior
12-21-2012, 6:20 PM
I read the NRA has been averaging 8,000 new members/day since the CT shooting. At that rate, it would take 125 days to get to 1M new members -- a way past New Year's day and Jan, when O said he wants to start on gun control.

1.) I suspect the run rate is FAR higher than 8K/day.

2.) Obama & Co. aren't going to be off and running 01/01/2013. It's going to take some time for the game of hardball to begin. When it does, the more members the NRA has at that time, the better.

parcours
12-21-2012, 6:32 PM
I'm a life member since 14 years old. I got my son a life membership when he was 1 day old... Now he's a full adult member!

Like was said earlier, it's not about the money, it's about our VOICE.

Obama and Company are exploiting this tragedy to the bitter end. They will stop at nothing to take our rights away. We have must remain active and vigilant.

The left never gives an inch, neither should we!

Remember. it's about CONTROL not gun control...

Rocky322
12-23-2012, 11:32 PM
I joined this year to protect our rights!

Peter W Bush
12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
My NRA membership expired a few months ago. I will be purchasing a lifetime membership for myself and will also gift a membership to every single gun owning friend of mine.

This is a very crucial time. Our actions and inactions in the coming months may decide the fate of our freedoms. There is NO excuse for not joining.

Flipdude
12-24-2012, 7:10 AM

Holy crap!

Yes, that is a lot money but that money is put to very good use when a member is accidentally injured or killed while hunting or shooting at a range. It is also used to improve firearms training, education and promote firearms safety. Most of all, the NRA will pay for your court and attorney's fees if you shot someone in defense of yourself or others.

This is very good news and it shows that the sheeople are finally waking up from their Obama induced trance.

HowardW56
12-24-2012, 7:14 AM

Gene Hoffman and I have always said, "Never make the mistake of not being an NRA member."

No question Bill, while I don't always agree with the NRA, they are the Big Dog in the fight...

We all know that the battle takes money, membership = $$

glbtrottr
12-24-2012, 8:57 AM
You could have 15m new members. It simply doesn't matter.

This last election demonstrated your vote doesn't count; this administration will spin anything they want as "truth" since "the vast majority of Americans" want "assault weapons and magazines with greater than ten round capacity" to be banned.

If there is ever any civil disobedience it will take far more than just a few.

This government needs to be OvER.

Control alt delete. Reset button.

TacticalChihuahua
12-24-2012, 9:08 AM
I gave $40 the day of the shooting because I knew this was coming. Gave another $40 today

sierrashooter
12-24-2012, 9:24 AM
I just added two of my daughters to the NRA membership ranks.

damagecase84
12-24-2012, 9:25 AM
I signed up yesterday for the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation. I also suggest the California Rifle and Pistol Association and as many others u can. It has to be EVERYONE!!! Let your voice be heard. Let them know we will defend our country from terrorists, murderers and Dictatorships alike...

Diabolus
12-24-2012, 9:49 AM
SanPedroShooter
12-24-2012, 9:53 AM

Reposted in case you missed it.

Psykoasn
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
I signed up last night

wecf
12-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Just signed up my Wife, 4 yo., and my 9 mo.

Window_Seat
12-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I posted this to another thread earlier:

I am a member of the following:

National Rifle Association (Life) (About to upgrade to Benefactor)
Second Amendment Foundation (Life)
Gun Owners of America (Life)
Gun Owners of California (Just renewed)
Calguns Foundation (Contributor)
Golden State 2nd Amendment Council
California Rifle and Pistol Association
Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
Madison Society Foundation
Front Sight Firearms Training Academy (Ambassador)
Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association
Heritage Foundation

When I call lawmakers, I make sure to tell them (if they don't hang up) that I'm a member of all these organizations (every single one of them), and that the combined total membership of these organization is roughly 6 million plus (NRA being at the top in terms of membership numbers), and it shows just how serious I am about the issue of which I'm contacting their office. The more groups you join, the better, and the more we can stick together on the core issues.

As just one example, OOIDA (the trucker interest organization) (second from the bottom), CGF and the NRA worked together in OOIDA v. Lindley, which was the challenge against AB-962.

As difficult as it might be, let's set aside some of our differences with other organizations and begin to stick together because we need one another as Second Amendment Rights organizations more than ever.

The more we have fighting in different ways such as from legislative lobbying to litigation in the courts to meetings, to just showing up, the better for us as law-abiding gun owners, but the most important part of it is also getting along. There are clearly more of us than there are of the anti groups all put together, so lets take advantage of that in a positive way.

Erik.

tintguy
12-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Yes, that is a lot money but that money is put to very good use when a member is accidentally injured or killed while hunting or shooting at a range. It is also used to improve firearms training, education and promote firearms safety. Most of all, the NRA will pay for your court and attorney's fees if you shot someone in defense of yourself or others.

This is very good news and it shows that the sheeople are finally waking up from their Obama induced trance.

Is this true? Do you have a link to where they say that?