PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the support of the NRA

H Paul Payne
12-21-2012, 9:50 AM
This past week has been a very tough time for all of us. It's terrible when, as law abiding firearms owners, our freedoms (as well as us personally) are blamed for tragic criminal activity.

I have been traveling in both Northern and Southern California all week and have met many very good folks at the dozens of firearms-related businesses that I have visited. We all know how busy they have been and yet, most of them have made time to greet me. I'm honored that they could do that for me.

Time restraints have not permitted me to log on to Calgun.net very much, but when I have been able to do so, I have witnessed an outstanding show of support for the NRA.

THANK YOU ALL!

As a result of the most recent elections, I believe that the situation in California will be pretty tough during this next legislative session. As pro-Second Amendment activists for the past two-dozen years, I have seen the political landscape change and have witnessed various strategies and tactics. Some have worked and some have not.

This year will require a unique blend of activities and methods if we expect have an impact at any level of effectiveness.

For those of you who know me, and you can search all of my past postings on this forum, will remember --- I don't ask people for money! The times that I would ask you for your hard-earned dollars are so rare that I cannot even remember the last time that I've done it.

Instead, I ask you for something infinitely more valuable --- YOUR TIME. I ask you to get PERSONALLY involved with the NRA at the local level.

California is unique in it's situation as it pertains to the Second Amendment and NRA-EVP Wayne LaPierre has a unique way of operating in defense of the Second Amendment in this once "golden state." Wayne has a program that exists only in California and it's called the NRA Members' Councils of California.

I, as an NRA employee, function as the Program Administrator for this program.

The Members' Councils bring the NRA to the local community via participation in NRA's programs and efforts directly by and for NRA members. We host firearms safety and education events, membership recruitment efforts, etc. But one of the things we are most well known for is our political activities, including in the legislative arena. One thing we don't do a lot of is "toot our own horn" and claim credit for our successes. Everyone else does that and it doesn't accomplish much.

We don't believe it is necessary to do a dance and celebrate every time something we are involved in goes right. Instead, we evaluate what worked, what didn't, where we can make improvements, and gather information on upcoming challenges that we can see for the future.

We also don't publish our plans, strategies, and tactics for the anti-gunners to see. We remain discreet and coordinate our efforts within our volunteer activists.

I believe to win, we must: FIGHT HARD! FIGHT SMART! and FIGHT IN A COORDINATED MANNER!

If anyone wants to get involved with their local NRA Members' Council complete the "volunteer form" at http://www.calnra.com/volunteer/index.shtml (http://www.calnra.com/volunteer/index.shtml)If there is not a Members' Council in your area, and enough people want to start one, I will start one in your area.

Thanks again for all of your support. This is the beginning of this phase of the fight to protect the Second Amendment and I look forward to working with you.

Semper Fi

Paul

P.S. -- As you might imagine, I don't have a lot of time to spend on the computer. If you need to contact me directly, please use the contact information contained herein. This phone number will call my mobile phone if I'm out of the office and I check my email frequently.

DTOM CA!
12-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Thank you Paul for your service. I think we need to do everything in planned stages. 1st I signed up my 2 boys and I to the NRA. Next week I am going to let everyone on facebook know I joined. later I will slowly try and educate the people around me about gun control and why it does not work. I will not argue or yell just calmly get my point across. I need to take some non shooters to the range with me. We are not gun nuts just passionate about our sport, personal defense and the 2A (along with the others).

Fyathyrio
12-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post, and I strongly agree that coordination is very important, not only within the NRA, but at a national level within the various gun rights groups.

A few requests from this grunt...

The NRA is very good with legislatures, please keep that pressure on.

You have a willing grass roots organization here, tell us what we can do and it will happen.

Please save the postage on wine sales and DVDs I didn't ask for and apply those funds to the fight! Place the ads in the NRA mags I get every month, I read those, but have started tossing NRA junk mail.

Please coordinate with SAF on legal cases, they have a superior record in the courts, support them with intel or plaintiffs you may have. For example, we don't need another instance of Moore/Sheppard v. Madigan where the same case is filed one day apart in the same state. That's a waste of resources that are desperately needed elsewhere.

OleCuss
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
The hard work is greatly appreciated!

Rumline
12-21-2012, 1:38 PM
A few requests from this grunt [...]
:thumbsup: What he said

bwiese
12-21-2012, 1:42 PM
Thanks, Paul for keeping up the push. This year's gonna be a *****.

If you're in SJ area there's a steak waiting for you.

bigcalidave
12-21-2012, 1:44 PM
Thanks for checking in Paul !! Keep up the good work

triggatronic
12-21-2012, 1:54 PM
Looks like I joined up right on time. Thanks again for your help Mr. Payne!

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Moonshine
12-21-2012, 2:09 PM
Thank you so much Paul for your dedication. I keep an NRA sticker on my safe so each time I open it I am reminded of the tireless effort your organization puts in to protect my rights. We're in for a wild ride in 2013!

Lacunacraft
12-21-2012, 2:09 PM
Thank you for all your hard work. California s going to be a tough nut to crack, but once we do, I think we will all be in a much better place.

I joined the NRA last night. I don't even own a gun (yet), but I see how important it is to be involved in the fight to preserve and expand our fundamental rights.

goober
12-21-2012, 2:12 PM
Here's another "Attaboy!" & THANK YOU from an appreciative life member and fellow 2A supporter! Keep up the good work!

SanPedroShooter
12-21-2012, 2:57 PM
Thank you very much Paul.

You wouldnt remember me, but we met at the Sports fair in Corona a couple years ago. I was working at the CRPA booth.

Its good to know the NRA plans to back its members all the way. We are all going to need to get on the same page for this fight.

hornswaggled
12-21-2012, 3:13 PM
Semper Fi Paul, keep up the great work.

Luieburger
12-21-2012, 11:29 PM
I volunteered with the Santa Clara county member's council for a short time before I moved to WA. They are a great bunch of folks and I was sad to find that we don't have a similar organization up here. I highly recommend getting involved with your local member's council. Lots of fun, and good work.

H Paul Payne
12-22-2012, 1:54 PM
Looks like I joined up right on time. Thanks again for your help Mr. Payne!

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

YOU'RE WELCOME!!

And BTW, "Mr. Payne" was my father. And he was killed during a robbery by a murderer who stole a firearm.

I'm just "Paul."

Semper Fi

fairfaxjim
12-22-2012, 3:47 PM
Thank you Paul!

Thank you so much Paul for your dedication. I keep an NRA sticker on my safe so each time I open it I am reminded of the tireless effort your organization puts in to protect my rights. We're in for a wild ride in 2013!

Now is the time to get the NRA stickers and patches on our cars, trucks, hat and jackets! I know everyone hates the NRA fundraising mailers, but money is going to be necessary to fight this.

Another way to show everyone that you are serious and responsible about gun ownership is to become an NRA certified instructor. Ignorance and fear are the main weapons of the anti's - become proactive in stamping that out. There are quite a few NRA training programs that can be used to educate new shooters, gain new NRA and Calguns Foundation members and help put more pro 2A people on the street. And an NRA instructor sticker next to the NRA sticker shows you are a responsible gun owner.

glocksmith
12-22-2012, 5:48 PM
Just renewed, I encourage all to join. Do it today, not tomorrow.

VAReact
12-22-2012, 6:10 PM
Just volunteered for my members' council.

SkyMag68
12-22-2012, 6:36 PM
:thumbsup: to NRA and all the 2A supports out there.

scrubb
12-22-2012, 6:39 PM
Amen brothas.....stay united!

sholling
12-22-2012, 9:16 PM
Thanks for the hard work!

supermanuf
12-22-2012, 9:59 PM
Thank you Paul.

supermanuf
12-22-2012, 9:59 PM
Thank you Paul.