PDA

View Full Version : So back to the regular gloom and doom

kb58
12-21-2012, 8:03 AM
Who knows how accurate the statistics are, but this was pretty interesting. It's also interesting that the largest group who think things will end in their lifetime are relatively young, poor, and poorly educated. It's also interesting that of the entire world, only Turkey (huh?) believes it'll happen more than we do. Doesn't say much for us being the so-called intellectual giant of the world...

The one catagory I see missing is Christian End Time belivers, who think a supernatural father figure is going to swoop down and rescue them before it sucks for everyone else.

http://planeta.moy.su/_bl/282/50278452.jpeg

Gabriel80
12-21-2012, 8:18 AM
The bottom right corner of this graphic I found to be the most interesting.

kb58
12-21-2012, 8:37 AM
Yeah it is, though it's comparing apples to oranges. I mean, having a big pile of money is different than having bags of rice and beans. If you have the former, the latter is trivial.

mossy590
12-21-2012, 8:53 AM
"The day ain't over yet" - Curly, in "City Slickers"

:-)

speedrrracer
12-21-2012, 9:58 AM
It's also interesting that the largest group who think things will end in their lifetime are relatively young, poor, and poorly educated.

I'm surprised you find that in any way odd or interesting. IMO, that's absolutely the expectation, and if the results had shown anything else, I would have been shocked.

The young are typically the least educated, least experienced and the most self-centered. Compound that with poverty and it's a slam-dunk. No surprise that's where the lion's share of our society's problems originate.

Doesn't say much for us being the so-called intellectual giant of the world..

We're not necessarily more stupid than anyone else, it's just that our morons are the best-connected, most easily pollable morons in the world.