PDA

View Full Version : Response to President Obama on We the People to defend our 2a rights

develown
12-21-2012, 6:12 AM
Recently I received a Response to the Pro-2A petitions I had signed on the We the People website. However, that response focused on those Americans that signed anti gun petitions and completely ignored the 60-70 thousand Americans that signed Pro Gun petitions. Furthermore, all the pro 2a petitions were removed from the we the people Website. I have created a new petition designed to get the Obama administration to acknowledge that the majority of people don't desire tougher gun laws. But, to get it into the public space I need 150 signatures, which is were the proud Americans of Calguns come in. Please sign my petition at: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-ignoring-law-abiding-americans-support-second-amendment-refrain-any-new-gun-control-measures/GM6dhxZz

We need to shoot for 150 Signatures to get the country to see it and to protect our second amendment rights.

Thanks,

DFF
12-21-2012, 7:50 AM
Here's a video from King Hussein that will be his response to your petition when the WH decides to close it as they did with this one https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-ask-president-obama-support-law-abiding-gun-owners-time-tragedy/VBpRRMPR five days after it opened.

If I'm not mistaken, other pro 2A petitions are being closed.

putput
12-21-2012, 7:53 AM
I saw this as well and was going to do the same thing.

He should know he's losing if he has to resort to this...

Don't forget to share this with your friends!

DREADNOUGHT78
12-21-2012, 7:56 AM
So much for "We the people"....

therealnickb
12-21-2012, 8:20 AM
No no, the cal gunners that voted for o assured me that he's not coming for our guns. So that's settled.

develown
12-21-2012, 8:21 AM
So much for "We the people"....

Exactly!! Its like living in some communist country where your political views are censored. If he responded like that to the last petition odds are this one wont do much, but we have to try.

winnre
12-21-2012, 9:13 AM
Ask Obama to protect our gun rights?

"Excuse me Mr. Fox, can you watch this hen house for me?"

motorhead
12-21-2012, 9:19 AM
let's see, they ignored/removed all our pro gun petitions, so let's start a new one? they're BOUND to acknowledge that one!

develown
12-21-2012, 9:28 AM
let's see, they ignored/removed all our pro gun petitions, so let's start a new one? they're BOUND to acknowledge that one!

Worth a try, I'm not going to lay down and get rammed by the anti gun movement.

If you enjoy your 2a rights, might as well sign it, only takes a minute or two to register and sign.

develown
12-21-2012, 9:33 AM
The link I included in my post is not a petition.

Yea I all ready hit yours up, I'm attacking this thing from all angles.

Anschiss
12-21-2012, 9:44 AM
Petitioning there is useless as Obama gave his response.

develown
12-21-2012, 2:41 PM
Well you can just give up or you can take the 1-3 minutes to sign and hope for the best. Do you want to try, or just give up? maybe thats why CA gun laws are how they are right now, people giving up.

Funtimes
12-21-2012, 2:45 PM
Recently I received a Response to the Pro-2A petitions I had signed on the We the People website. However, that response focused on those Americans that signed anti gun petitions and completely ignored the 60-70 thousand Americans that signed Pro Gun petitions. Furthermore, all the pro 2a petitions were removed from the we the people Website. I have created a new petition designed to get the Obama administration to acknowledge that the majority of people don't desire tougher gun laws. But, to get it into the public space I need 150 signatures, which is were the proud Americans of Calguns come in. Please sign my petition at: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-ignoring-law-abiding-americans-support-second-amendment-refrain-any-new-gun-control-measures/GM6dhxZz

We need to shoot for 150 Signatures to get the country to see it and to protect our second amendment rights.

Thanks,

What do you mean those petitions were removed?

develown
12-21-2012, 2:57 PM
What do you mean those petitions were removed?

look on we the people, there are no pro gun petitions besides the ones about Piers Morgan

CharlesV
12-24-2012, 6:41 AM
look on we the people, there are no pro gun petitions besides the ones about Piers Morgan

Not true. I just now saw and signed about 3-4.

CharlesV
12-24-2012, 6:42 AM

Not true. I just now saw and signed about 3-4.

Here is one
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-any-legislation-will-ban-assualt-weapons-semi-automatic-rifles-or-handguns-and-high-capacity/bjlkvNSf

Flipdude
12-24-2012, 7:55 AM
Signed and signed!

Neo Sharkey
12-24-2012, 8:08 AM
Even if they are removing pro-2A petitions, we have to keep trying.

We failed at the ballot box, but it's time to stand on the soapbox and get the word out.

bksa
12-24-2012, 8:33 AM
For those that did not see this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ynVMBxOus

u5ynVMBxOus

otteray
12-24-2012, 9:05 AM
I got to 1:18. "Hi capacity" "Banning military style assault weapons" "Blah, blah, blah...

calixt0
12-24-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/share-your-thoughts-reducing-gun-violence?utm_source=wethepeople&utm_medium=response&utm_campaign=safety

Tell him what you think using the link above.

I know its wordy but here was my response to him about that farce of a video.

You say you believe in the second ammendmendt, let me quote a bit to you... "Shall not be infringed". If you want common sense legislation, Allow the masses to protect themselves instead of waiting for the government (local city, county, state, or federal). All one need to do is listen to many 911 calls to see that those comming to protect is nothing but a little to late. You mention the Newtown shooting in your video. How many needless children died because there was no one there to stop that gunman within the first shots. It took time for the police to get there for him to feel threatened before he took his own life. Maybe if there were armed guards or armed teachers or administration there to stop him the death count would have been 1 or 2 instead of 24. Your call to bring more laws on the the admittedly law abiding does nothing to stop the criminals who are intent on breaking the laws, and in fact, helps the criminals by making for easy targets.

You also mention military style weapons. the military style weapons (full auto and burst fire) have been heavily regulated since the 1930's and no new ones being made for public consumption since 1986. Aside from all of that I ask you, Where would our nation be if the masses (you, me, and the public at large) didn't have access the the cutting edge of weaponry. Yes in the days of the founding of our country it was rifles instead of the musket. Still the edge of firearms development. So now the vary weapons our constitution is meant to protect, Those weapons to protect ourselves and our prosperity against all enemies, and yes even the possibility of a tyrannical government, you hope to limit and make very difficult for the law abiding public.

You want reform hows this. If someone is convicted of a crime the the Newtown shooting, or rape, or other violent crime. Give them their day in court and if convicted execute. If not violent imprison them for the first offense for 5 years and if they are convicted again execute them as carrier criminals. Look at the states where death penalty is not only legal but practiced regularly (Texas) and look at the crime rates. Lower than just about anywhere else in the country, and what else is pretty free and liberal in Texas, Gun laws.

I hope the few incorrectly spelled or used words don't take away too heavily form the message.

Carnivore
12-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Well you can just give up or you can take the 1-3 minutes to sign and hope for the best. Do you want to try, or just give up? maybe thats why CA gun laws are how they are right now, people giving up.

:facepalm:Ya OR we can actually do something that will actually DO SOMETHING!!! As has been said to nauseum here...THESE PERTITIONS DON'T WORK!!! They are just feel good measures to make people feel they are heard.

I have done the math on those pro gun control petitions and there is so far out of 20 about 600K people that have signed them. that isn't a majority of 311 million. He is going to do what the hell he wants and these stupid petitions are not going to change it.

Call your Representative and let them know how you feel. Write them too. Forget the state senator those two dry up douches will listen as much as obama. JOIN THE NRA or give to the CGF but stop with the retarded petitions all ready it is nonsense.

Fellblade
12-24-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how a standard (aka "high") capacity magazine prevents crime.

EL_NinO619
12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I may be paranoid, but I do not even feel safe about putting my name on a pro gun petition. No one is more for it than me, I am a NRA life member and NRA-ILA member. But I don't know man, these guys scare me. Removing tin foil hat now..

DrVino
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
White House To Respond To Piers Morgan Deportation Petition After CNN Host Urges Public To Sign

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/12/24/white-house-to-respond-to-piers-morgan-deportation-petition-after-cnn-host-urges-public-to-sign/

Dantedamean
12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
White House To Respond To Piers Morgan Deportation Petition After CNN Host Urges Public To Sign

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/12/24/white-house-to-respond-to-piers-morgan-deportation-petition-after-cnn-host-urges-public-to-sign/

Haha I can't wait to see what they say, if anything at all.