PDA

View Full Version : SF mayor wants to force police reports of anyone buying bulk ammo, ban HP ammo

unusedusername
12-20-2012, 6:40 PM
Being introduced tomorrow. Looks like it will be county ordinance.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/mayor-ed-lee-announces-legislation-highly-lethal-l/nTcLz/

... the first of which would make military-grade ammunition illegal to possess in San Francisco....

...The second proposal would require businesses to automatically notify police when someone buys 500 rounds of ammunition or more in one transaction...

Thoughts?

M1Kev
12-20-2012, 6:51 PM
Cow palace gun show is in SF. Wonder how those reports would look?

AAShooter
12-20-2012, 6:53 PM
I hope that the city of SF is held accountable for any injuries due to over-penetration. Lots of these silly laws would be different if we didn't exclude Law Enforcement.

SMR510
Notify them of what? They going to follow me around for a couple days to make sure I dont use it wrong?

None of these shooters shot even 1/2 that much ammo, most have shot 10% or less of that...Should help! :facepalm:

HP ammo is better for self defense use in a crowded urban area (does SF qualify?) because it typically stops before penetrating into the 3 apartments next to yours, also the military doesnt use them...More FUD coming from someone who is leading this nation into stupidity.

Sheepdog1968
Cow palace gun show is in SF. Wonder how those reports would look?

Technically it's in Daly City so may be ok re SF law. 500 rounds is less than what many of the value pack 22 LR come in. Glad I no longer live in San Francisco.

nicoroshi
12-20-2012, 6:54 PM
Lee said military-grade ammunition such as hollow-point bullets "has no reason to be in our homes and on our streets."

Then I guess the police will be using FMJ as well?

Online sales of ammo to SF are already banned.

Isn't hollowpoint ammo sold as 'self defense' ammo, and not 'military grade'?
Wasn't possession of a firearm for 'self defense' affirmed by the Heller decision?
Wouldn't one use ammo designed for 'self defense' in a firearm owned for that purpose?

The lack of knowledge our legislators possess sickens me.

IVC
12-20-2012, 6:58 PM

Worse than that. Hollow points are banned for military use by Hague Convention of 1899.

These guys think they can append "military style/grade/type" to anything to make it scary.

unusedusername
12-20-2012, 7:02 PM
Wasn't possession of a firearm for 'self defense' affirmed by the Heller decision?
Wouldn't one use ammo designed for 'self defense' in a firearm owned for that purpose?

The lack of knowledge our legislators possess sickens me.

True, if they were to ban "military ammo" then it would apply to what the military actually uses: ball (regular) ammo, and open tip match.

Pretty much that would force folks to use hollowpoints, as wadcutters is the only major other bullet type, and they won't work in most modern rifles.

zoser
12-20-2012, 7:03 PM
I just saw this on the news. Doesn't San Francisco already have some kind of law on the books against hollow point ammo? If enacted, would either of these laws be enforceable? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't hollow point bullets created for self-defense and hunting, and if the city enacts the ban wouldn't it be infringing on one's second amendment rights. These laws are more feel good legislation than anything else because what actions could the police take if someone did buy more than 500 rounds of ammunition?

bigbully
12-20-2012, 7:07 PM
Just means more transactions per buyer. what a waste of legislation.

Bunsen
12-20-2012, 7:08 PM
Can't wait to walk into a store in SF and buy a bulk pack of .22 and find out.

Those extra 25 is going to make all the difference.

mofugly13
12-20-2012, 7:15 PM
I live in the city, ans as far as I know, the only place to buy ammo in SF is High Bridge Arms. Are there oter places to buy ammo in the city? I usually stock up in at the COTW Gun Show at the Cow Palace, which is in Daly City.

nick
12-20-2012, 7:19 PM
Another feel good measure. Aside from being useless for stopping any sort of crime (and being only designed to irritate the undesirables - gun owners), it's pre-empted by the state law. Then again, SF is all about feelings, and not about sanity. It's SF, after all.

Gray Peterson
12-20-2012, 7:28 PM
Briar Patch, throw us in it.

DarkSoul
12-20-2012, 7:35 PM
This is just pure insanity, to start, these guys have absolutely no idea of the difference between "military" grade ammunition, and self defense type ammunition. And according to the article some 750 mayors all signed a letter to the prez demanding stricter gun control.

I just don't get the ignorance of these people, blaming guns for these school attacks (or any crime for that matter) is like blaming water for a drowning........

This stuff just makes my head hurt.

GREASY357
12-20-2012, 7:45 PM
This is just pure insanity, to start, these guys have absolutely no idea of the difference between "military" grade ammunition, and self defense type ammunition. And according to the article some 750 mayors all signed a letter to the prez demanding stricter gun control.

I just don't get the ignorance of these people, blaming guns for these school attacks (or any crime for that matter) is like blaming water for a drowning........

This stuff just makes my head hurt.

I doubt they are as stupid as they sound. They ignore the facts not because they are ignorant but because they want us citizens to be powerless. The people that eat it up are the ignorant ones. They are successfully turning citizens against citizens. EAT WHAT YOU'RE FED

Bhobbs
12-20-2012, 7:50 PM
Briar Patch, throw us in it.

Why, might I ask, would you want more bullsh*t to fight? For more court cases we might win in a few years or more while we all deal with this sh*t?

Gray Peterson
12-20-2012, 7:59 PM
Why, might I ask, would you want more bullsh*t to fight? For more court cases we might win in a few years or more while we all deal with this sh*t?

No one is suggesting that San Francisco residents don't fight tooth and nail against this ban.

Mayor Lee is stupid, just like the Proposition H guy is stupid (Chris Daly).

Gryff
12-20-2012, 8:16 PM
If they pass the 500-round reporting ordinance, I'm crossing the Bay for all my bulk ammo purchases just to help worry the **** out of them.

mofugly13
12-20-2012, 8:17 PM
I'm speechless...

"I would say to the NRA (http://www.sfgate.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=bayarea&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22NRA%22) and anyone else who says these guns are not a problem - then if it's not a problem, if it's not making a difference, it shouldn't make a difference banning it," he said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/S-F-seeks-to-crack-down-on-ammunition-4136465.php#ixzz2FelxT8F4

joelogic
12-20-2012, 8:18 PM
Is the proposed law available online? Lee says "Military grade, like hollow point". I am infering that he means military grade covers other types as well.

mjmagee67
12-20-2012, 8:22 PM
If they pass the 500-round reporting ordinance, I'm crossing the Bay for all my bulk ammo purchases just to help worry the **** out of them.

Bingo!!!

Everytime I go to SF I'll buy a .22 buk pack or 2!! That will get em calling Rocklin PD.

cdtx2001
12-20-2012, 8:26 PM
So is he making the purchase of 500 rounds or more a crime?

I also really hope he just goes ahead and bans all guns. I triple dog dare ya!!!

Decoligny
12-20-2012, 8:31 PM
I hope that the city of SF is held accountable for any injuries due to over-penetration. Lots of these silly laws would be different if we didn't exclude Law Enforcement.

Which is it? Military Grade or Hollow Point? Military grade ammunition is FMJ. Use of HP in war is against the rules of engagement.

Or are they trying to ban both? No FMJ or HP. Empty guns only.

bignev
12-20-2012, 8:40 PM
this city has a long list of enacting feel good laws which get overturned in the courts. i live here and and i shoot 500 rounds almost every time i hit a range. its better not to have them make sensible amendments and let them enact crappy legislation which is easier to overturn in the courts.

epilepticninja
12-20-2012, 9:00 PM
Now I remember why I never go to the Bay Area.

SilverTauron
12-20-2012, 9:06 PM
SF mayor wants to ban all civil ownership of firearms, but out of political expediency is forced to settle for police reports of anyone buying bulk ammo and an HP ammo ban.

-Fixed it for ya!

kauaibuilt
12-20-2012, 9:12 PM
Buy 499, get 501 free????

Sputnik
12-20-2012, 9:41 PM
"Ammunition designed especially for law enforcement and the military has no reason to be in our homes and on our streets," Lee said

So what, exactly, is 'ammunition designed for law enforcement and the military'? I was not aware there was a difference! I've been missing out on something haven't I?! Where do I get the stuff that 'explodes like a bomb' (like the ER doc says)?
Really, how do they come up with this stuff?

AAShooter
12-20-2012, 9:46 PM
"Ammunition designed especially for law enforcement and the military has no reason to be in our homes and on our streets," Lee said

So what, exactly, is 'ammunition designed for law enforcement and the military'? I was not aware there was a difference! I've been missing out on something haven't I?! Where do I get the stuff that 'explodes like a bomb' (like the ER doc says)?
Really, how do they come up with this stuff?

Generally the police use hollow point ammo and the military does not.

odysseus
12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
The little wormy leftists always come out with their dusty old grab bags when a tragedy comes out, this is no different and has nothing to do with Newton.

All these old baby boomers that talk big about their careers and history for fighting for "rights" will easily sit and squash over your 1st, 2nd, 4th, 10th, and etc. Constitutional rights when it doesn't fit their agenda. Welcome now to California, which is now run by a single Super Majority of one-party ideology.

Disgusting as always.

OIFVet03
12-20-2012, 10:40 PM
San Francisco is the most unconstitutional city I have ever been to. I agree totally odysseus. Ed Lee doesn't know the first thing about ammunition.

Eldraque
12-20-2012, 10:43 PM
the police have better things to do...are they serious with this crap? You think the police have time to take a call for every ammo purchase of 500+ rounds?

CABilly
12-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Is this SF pols on their own, or is LCAV behind these?

Gray Peterson
12-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Is this SF pols on their own, or is LCAV behind these?

They aren't behind the HP ammo thing for certain. That's a San Francisco thing.

taperxz
12-21-2012, 7:59 AM
Cough cough, exactly WHERE in San Francisco can anybody buy 500 rounds of ammo? Does such a place even exist any more?

Furthermore, Are LTC holders not supposed to have Hollow Points? If there is a ban, will that affect visitors with LTC's?

therealnickb
12-21-2012, 8:09 AM
Being introduced tomorrow. Looks like it will be county ordinance.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/mayor-ed-lee-announces-legislation-highly-lethal-l/nTcLz/

Thoughts?

So they just outlawed 9mm ball ammo? Is we safe now?

AyatollahGondola
12-21-2012, 8:21 AM
I hope that the city of SF is held accountable for any injuries due to over-penetration.

Does seem quite counter-productive to ban hollow points in a city where everyone lives in such close proximity to one another. Hollow points would seem the preferrable choice as far limiting the scope and damage beyond the chosen target. Shotgun pellets probably being best

Anschiss
12-21-2012, 8:39 AM
It's not exactly easy to nick a cross into a bullet or flatten a tip but if they ban it that's really all you'd need to do for a hollow point effect so who exactly are they spiting?

>BODY ARMOR PIERCING COP KILLERS
>HOLLOW POINT

Pick one!

QuarterBoreGunner
12-21-2012, 8:50 AM
Oh San Francisco, you so crazy.

oddball
12-21-2012, 9:27 AM
"Military grade" could include anything the military uses, such as .308, 5.56, 9mm, .45cal, etc. etc. etc. Basically some of the most common calibers in our world of shooting.

Jason_2111
12-21-2012, 9:46 AM
San Francisco is like a volcano of crazy.
From deep in the earth, stupidity erupts from time to time, and flows eastward across the rest of the country.

I think a much more practical solution would be to build a 50 foot retaining wall around the city, and fill it with epoxy. (after giving calgunners a chance to escape).

shamu415
12-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Feel good measure indeed. SF is the pinnacle of ridiculous gun laws. Even the police chief is in on this legislation. The government is getting way too powerful. Do I have to report to the police every time I buy a bulk of 500 plastic knives at Costco?

intruder1_92tt
12-21-2012, 10:16 AM
It's not exactly easy to nick a cross into a bullet or flatten a tip but if they ban it that's really all you'd need to do for a hollow point effect so who exactly are they spiting?

>BODY ARMOR PIERCING COP KILLERS
>HOLLOW POINT

Pick one!

Apparently you've never heard of the super evil Black Talons that do both! This type of super deadly bullet has no place in the hands of civilians. [/sarcasm]

While a bit tongue in cheek, I wanted to illustrate that truth is usually nowhere to be found in the rhetoric of a politician.

GRP17
12-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Remember Proposition H, that didnt last long

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Proposition_H_%282005%29

Anschiss
12-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Apparently you've never heard of the super evil Black Talons that do both! This type of super deadly bullet has no place in the hands of civilians. [/sarcasm]

While a bit tongue in cheek, I wanted to illustrate that truth is usually nowhere to be found in the rhetoric of a politician.

Weren't those the bullets that killed Osama loaded in AK-15s?

wildhawker
12-21-2012, 10:41 AM
They aren't behind the HP ammo thing for certain. That's a San Francisco thing.

I'm not sure that's true.

-Brandon

fizux
12-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I live in SF, and keep a Five-seveN along with a PS-90 for home defense {insert pitch for Prince50's PS-90 CA compliance kit here}.

5.7x28mm ball ammo is restricted to military/LE only.
What ammo do I use?

skilletboy
12-21-2012, 10:59 AM
SF might as well be mars as far as I'm concerned and I live in the Bay Area.

skilletboy
12-21-2012, 11:00 AM
SF might as well be mars as far as I'm concerned and I live in the Bay Area.

wizdumb
12-21-2012, 11:04 AM
SF Resident here. Willing to volunteer if CGF can provide some guidance on the best course of action to take. (PM me, if you like as I probably won't follow this thread.)
Peanut gallery: Please contain yourself and don't say "move".

ditchdrift
12-21-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm very saddened to hear this... i'm also very sad to know Mayor Lee personally... i'm also very sad to see politics change him.

Patrick Aherne
12-21-2012, 11:11 AM
San Francisco bars it's police department from gathering intelligence on individuals and groups: how can this exercise of a civil right not be protected under that ordinance.

Hoooper
12-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Feel good measure indeed. SF is the pinnacle of ridiculous gun laws. Even the police chief is in on this legislation. The government is getting way too powerful. Do I have to report to the police every time I buy a bulk of 500 plastic knives at Costco?

I dont know that you have to (yet), but I believe that you ought to go to the station and fill out a police report for every item you buy in bulk, regardless of perceived lethality, you could definitely kill someone with a costco pack of kitchen towels

stix213
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking state preemption is going to have a role in this one....

CowboyShooter
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I hope that the city of SF is held accountable for any injuries due to over-penetration.

My guess would be that there are already plenty of such injuries occurring in SF.

:D

IrishPirate
12-21-2012, 12:39 PM
let me get this straight....banning military grade ammo....like 5.56 would be illegal, but .223 would not? No 7.62x51 but .308 is fine? i'm usually not surprised when i hear about stupid reactionary gun laws, but this one has me completely dumbfounded.... 9mm FMJ is a military round, but 9mm HP is not...is that why they want to ban HP too, so that they can ban all ammo??

endwahl
12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Ditchdrift: The mayor recognizes my face as well.

In general I believe this measure is facile; a lot of the people now standing in support of it realize that it's one of the noodles thrown at the wall that won't stick.

Malia Cohen is a sweetheart as a person but pretty green on policy. Pretty sure nobody in that office knows how guns work. Now that she's put this up everyone is stepping up to support it because of the presumed expectations from constituent groups. This is how politics works everywhere. Basically the same as Prop H - huge numbers of ppl publicly supported that and knew it wouldn't survive the Courts.

I don't think there's a concrete court decision on implied preemption of a ban on ammo possession, but I'm pretty sure there will be one as a result of this law being contested and appealed.

Plus it'll probably end up bringing MORE guns to San Francisco, because it makes a great excuse to finally buy that .45.

fuzz415
12-21-2012, 1:21 PM
+1 for all the posts about military actually using FMJ for their ammo, ^geneva Convention

+1 for High Bridge (when they are open) being the only place to buy ammo in the City. So essentially this legislation will be a discriminatory law, based on one business in the City, designed to drive that business out of the city? i mean we already cant order ammo online

+1 for the over penetration with FMJ in shared walled buildings.

God my City is ridiculous, do our politicians even think? I take that back of course they think, think about ways they can use our city to takes steps up (hello dbag newsom, harris, Leland yee)

/rant

fuzz415
12-21-2012, 1:25 PM
ROFL @ sfgate. out good chief Suhr

"Suhr, who was standing next to a table of artillery claimed by police in last week's gun buyback, said getting even one weapon off the streets makes a difference."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/S-F-seeks-to-crack-down-on-ammunition-4136465.php#ixzz2FiwjCOLj

ROFL ARTILLERY.... must have been a bull barrel 22" ar...or the space age material aug.

Lone_Gunman
12-21-2012, 1:36 PM
These :censored:ing people are just going full retard aren't they?

QuarterBoreGunner
12-21-2012, 1:39 PM
Oh yeah, way gone. Like pants-on-head stupid.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/attachments/concealed-carry-discussion/7969d1354320501-what-most-friendly-state-conceled-carry-448x249px-ll-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tropic-thunder-movie-1309633407.jpg

wizdumb
12-21-2012, 2:15 PM
For those of you guys who know Mayor Lee, please do what you can to contact him and convince him otherwise.

ditchdrift
12-21-2012, 2:29 PM
Ditchdrift: The mayor recognizes my face as well.

Well, if you are close to him also, you probably know me as well. Lets just say i call him Uncle Ed. lol

ns3v3n
12-21-2012, 3:08 PM
Well, if you are close to him also, you probably know me as well. Lets just say i call him Uncle Ed. lol

Well next time you see "Uncle Ed", please tell him he's an Idiot.

ditchdrift
12-21-2012, 3:16 PM
Well next time you see "Uncle Ed", please tell him he's an Idiot.

I already did.

scootle
12-21-2012, 3:26 PM
It really saddens me with all the politicians stumping for this and that... just to keep up appearances that "they care" and that they will "do something" in the aftermath of tragedy. I wish they'd be so fervent about more daily tragic social issues instead (and there are plenty of those). Le Sigh.

ditchdrift
12-21-2012, 3:46 PM
It really saddens me with all the politicians stumping for this and that... just to keep up appearances that "they care" and that they will "do something" in the aftermath of tragedy. I wish they'd be so fervent about more daily tragic social issues instead (and there are plenty of those). Le Sigh.

I know it. If you have ever known a politician personally, they have to do things that even go against their own values to satisfy their constituents. The bulk of my family is in SF politics, and im in vallejo fixing cars. So that will tell you about my values and beliefs.

NytWolf
12-21-2012, 3:54 PM
Lee said military-grade ammunition such as hollow-point bullets "has no reason to be in our homes and on our streets."

As soon as Ed Lee convinces the Dept of Fish and Game to allow me to use FMJ ammo for hunting, he can keep all my hollowpoints (I'd support a statewide ban of HP's) ... or he can prove that no resident in SF hunts ... whichever comes first.

MontClaire
12-21-2012, 3:55 PM
I hate this fn town! Can't wait to sell my SF home to a liberal a-hole for 20 times it's market value. :7:

Manolito
12-21-2012, 4:02 PM
The part that makes this so hard to swallow is I travel to that City several times a year as well as to Southern California. I have a CCW permit now if they make it illegal to posess hollow points I will have to abide by that law and in Condor country interpretation is still clouded so I use copper bullets. pretty soon the patch work of municipal laws makes my carry a nightmare.

Shure the courts will fool around for the next TWO WEEKS and eventually something will fall out but the legal citizen is the only one hurt. The gang member doesn't care what rounds his firearm has.

Just my rant on things

creekside
12-21-2012, 4:08 PM
Cough cough, exactly WHERE in San Francisco can anybody buy 500 rounds of ammo? Does such a place even exist any more?

Furthermore, Are LTC holders not supposed to have Hollow Points? If there is a ban, will that affect visitors with LTC's?

You have no idea how tempted I am to start a "house call" FFL that will sell you a gun in the privacy of your own home. Like Tupperware parties, except that we come back after your ten day wait and you get a second chance to buy more ammo. There are some tolerably obvious safety issues but I think these can be addressed.

delta9
12-21-2012, 5:55 PM
Considering there is only ONE gun shop in San Francisco it's pretty much a do nothing "feel good" law. Citizens can order online or drive across the border to San Mateo county

Hoooper
12-21-2012, 6:00 PM
As soon as Ed Lee convinces the Dept of Fish and Game to allow me to use FMJ ammo for hunting, he can keep all my hollowpoints (I'd support a statewide ban of HP's) ... or he can prove that no resident in SF hunts ... whichever comes first.

cant tell if serious or...:confused:

Anchors
12-21-2012, 6:09 PM
Just means more transactions per buyer. what a waste of legislation.

As another user told another poster yesterday in one of these threads:
OpSec.

Let's not help them write the anti-gun bills guys.

Skidmark
12-21-2012, 6:28 PM
Bingo!!!

Everytime I go to SF I'll buy a .22 buk pack or 2!! That will get em calling Rocklin PD.

And be sure it's a bulk box of hollow-point .22LR.

GRP17
12-21-2012, 6:31 PM
I guess only time will tell how this plays out. Hope fully this doesn't go through but I think something will happen, maybe not the whole proposal buy parts of it.

Packy14
12-21-2012, 6:36 PM
spoons make people fat, don't you know?

Clownpuncher
12-21-2012, 6:39 PM
I also really hope he just goes ahead and bans all guns. I triple dog dare ya!!!

At this point I almost wish they would. I think it would make the court case easy and SCOTUS would finally have to get off the stick and make a decision.

Linh
12-21-2012, 7:17 PM
WTF did Lee and Yee have dinner? Seriously why can't they be serious on CRIMES and keep the criminals behind bars.

lilro
12-21-2012, 7:35 PM
WTF did Lee and Yee have dinner?

Probably a bowl of noodles that were 4.1 hours old.

Sheepdog1968
12-21-2012, 8:13 PM
Well, I guess in SF folks should just buy soft lead tipped hunting rounds.

fizux
12-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, I guess in SF folks should just buy soft lead tipped hunting rounds.

What about all of the lead free zones?

Wrangler John
12-22-2012, 5:43 AM
I dont know that you have to (yet), but I believe that you ought to go to the station and fill out a police report for every item you buy in bulk, regardless of perceived lethality, you could definitely kill someone with a costco pack of kitchen towels

I remember back in about 1976 I had to travel to San Francisco to have a Police Inspector sign off on a handgun purchase form before I could pick up an S&W Model 29 at the S.F. Gun Exchange. Didn't have any trouble as I lived in and worked for San Mateo County. Still, it was a hassle but the waiting period was only three days then.

NoHeavyHitter
12-22-2012, 6:05 AM
Thoughts?

Yeah - they are IDIOTS !

"Military-grade" ammo is FMJ and is specifically less deadly than hollow-point ammo. If someone doesn't want their ammo purchase reported, they'll simply drive out of the county or state if necessary.

If Americans were dumb enough to re-elect the clown in office, then they probably deserve what's coming...

Dutch3
12-22-2012, 6:23 AM
When is somebody going to call all of these idiots out on their misinformation and ignorance?

Point by point and lie by lie. We need another "shoulder thing that goes up" smackdown.

Goosebrown
12-22-2012, 6:34 AM
If hollow point and presumably all modern non-military ammo is banned, and all military grade ammo is banned, what does that leave for one to buy? I think this probably doesn't pass 2nd Amendment and Heller muster.

speleogist
12-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Separate transactions

Jack L
12-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I keep telling investors to build a huge bulk ammo store across the border in Nevada. The parking lot will be filled up every day with Californians. And another one in southern Nevada for the folks down in So Cal.

delta9
12-22-2012, 10:08 AM
I keep telling investors to build a huge bulk ammo store across the border in Nevada. The parking lot will be filled up every day with Californians. And another one in southern Nevada for the folks down in So Cal.

There already is one for us in Northern Calif - Cabella's in Verdi, Nevada

lilro
12-22-2012, 2:43 PM
When is somebody going to call all of these idiots out on their misinformation and ignorance?

Point by point and lie by lie. We need another "shoulder thing that goes up" smackdown.

Bloomberg did that last night

w8es6M_9HKk

Dutch3
12-22-2012, 3:01 PM

Excellent. I hope we will see more of this as the rabid antis ramp up their witch hunt.

AAShooter
12-22-2012, 3:05 PM

w8es6M_9HKk

"Fear and ignorance never generate wisdom."

jdouglas
12-22-2012, 4:23 PM
I knew Bloomberg was dumb, but wow...I didn't know it was that bad. That's almost as bad as McCarthy.

tyrist
12-22-2012, 4:50 PM
If the ammunition reporting law goes into effect then all you need is a few thousand people to buy a bulk pack of 22 every day for a few days and that should end that.

NytWolf
12-22-2012, 7:53 PM
cant tell if serious or...:confused:

I'm dead serious. To hunt big game, we must use HP ammunition. If they want to ban HP's, they still haven't addressed hunting. When referring to 2A, they always refer to hunting as "the right" and leave out other forms of firearms uses. So if he wants to ban HP ammo, he needs to convince DFG to let us use FMJ's for hunting. Good luck to him on that one.

Bangzoom
12-22-2012, 7:59 PM
WTF did Lee and Yee have dinner? .

If we are what we eat then they had a big bowl of stupid

Mendo223
12-22-2012, 8:03 PM
wow so dissapointed in ed lee..i met him once at a steakhouse he was a cool guy, wish i cuold run into him again and let him know how silly this is.

HP is actually SAFER for self defense in san francisco because it wont penetrate walls. this just illustrates how truely stupid the antis are and how much they lack rational knowledge, their policies are dictated on emotion.

Ninety
12-22-2012, 8:13 PM
Was that a Gaffe? What an Idiot. At least the anchor knew what a machine gun was

AAShooter
12-22-2012, 9:01 PM
Bulk ammo buys . . . 500 rounds . . . what freakin' joke! I could almost support this for 50k rounds buys.

GRP17
12-22-2012, 9:06 PM
I knew Bloomberg was dumb, but wow...I didn't know it was that bad. That's almost as bad as McCarthy.

How the hell did he become mayor............oh yeah his money

SixPointEight
12-23-2012, 9:12 AM
Wow, it doesn't matter for residents of the city, but those of us who can get CCWs will all have to pull over and unload just outside the city. I guess we'll put up a sign "pull over and replace your premium self-defense rounds with liability-ridden ball ammo"

fizux
12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Wow, it doesn't matter for residents of the city, but those of us who can get CCWs will all have to pull over and unload just outside the city. I guess we'll put up a sign "pull over and replace your premium self-defense rounds with liability-ridden ball ammo"

As a resident of SF, that is a problem I would like to have right now.

mofugly13
12-23-2012, 1:44 PM

If HP's are illegal to posess, then you're gonna have to stash yer rounds in Daly City. Gray, is the mayor throwing us into the briar patch?

bergmen
12-23-2012, 1:50 PM
Remember Proposition H, that didnt last long

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Proposition_H_%282005%29

Not only did it not last long it cost San Francisco $380,000 to pay the legal fees of those that fought to get it overturned (NRA, etc.).

They're running out of feet to shoot themselves in.

Also, many of the these gun ordinances (like Prop H) were for residents only, non-residents were not covered by it (out of town LTC holders for instance).

It actually will be fun to see how this unfolds (sorry to all of the residents, though).

Dan

NoHeavyHitter
12-23-2012, 1:52 PM
Was that a Gaffe? What an Idiot. At least the anchor knew what a machine gun was

Yeah - MEGA props to that gal for making the correction.

bergmen
12-23-2012, 2:16 PM

Bloomberg IS a Gaffe. So it follows that anything he says is very Gaffey.

Dab

captn-tin
12-23-2012, 2:33 PM
san fran will probably have to let naked people on park benches by any ammo they want.

kaligaran
12-23-2012, 9:06 PM
Does seem quite counter-productive to ban hollow points in a city where everyone lives in such close proximity to one another. Hollow points would seem the preferrable choice as far limiting the scope and damage beyond the chosen target. Shotgun pellets probably being best

I was thinking the exact same thing...

kaligaran
12-23-2012, 9:26 PM
I'm dead serious. To hunt big game, we must use HP ammunition. If they want to ban HP's, they still haven't addressed hunting. When referring to 2A, they always refer to hunting as "the right" and leave out other forms of firearms uses. So if he wants to ban HP ammo, he needs to convince DFG to let us use FMJ's for hunting. Good luck to him on that one.

Pretty sure you're not doing any hunting in SF city.

wildhawker
12-24-2012, 3:05 AM

I did in the interview. The writer used a couple of lines out of 20 minutes.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2012/12/san-francisco-makes-push-restrict-firearms-ban-certain-ammo?category=16

Brandon Combs, executive director of the Calguns Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at protecting firearm rights in California, called the proposals “silly.”

“It’s probably a good thing these gun-control advocates don’t know what they’re talking about,” he said.

Combs said banning hollow-point bullets could potentially endanger people in self-defense situations.

“It would require gun owners to have solid ammunition that is more likely to pass through objects and hit something other than the intended target,” Combs said. “It makes no sense whatsoever. In a self-defense situation, it’s the best chance of stopping a deadly threat in a short amount of time.”

-Brandon

GunnerB
12-24-2012, 4:23 AM

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2012/12/san-francisco-makes-push-restrict-firearms-ban-certain-ammo?category=16

-Brandon

That police chief is a real piece of work.

billmaykafer
12-24-2012, 4:34 AM
knowing anything about san fransisco,ca. it probably is not guns and bullets they fear,but rather homophobics.

Dutch3
12-24-2012, 4:47 AM

-Brandon

Thanks for that. I'm sure the rest of your statements were factual, but didn't fit their mold.

I am astounded at the ability of some people to continue to spout nonsense when faced with clear and simple facts.

rromeo
12-24-2012, 5:38 AM
Thanks for that. I'm sure the rest of your statements were factual, but therefore didn't fit their mold.

I am astounded at the ability of some people to continue to spout nonsense when faced with clear and simple facts.
Fixed for accuracy.

TacticalChihuahua
12-24-2012, 5:40 AM
Ugh I'm getting closer and closer to leaving this state. It's a love hate

Merkava_4
12-24-2012, 5:47 AM
You got the most hardcore dumb-*** liberals in the world living in San Francisco; what do you expect?

1MAG1KiLL
12-24-2012, 5:50 AM
i feel people who buy just 1 or 2 boxes of ammo is more likely to do crime with it than a person buying them in bulk, i feel bulk buyers are law abiding and all of it is used for plinking/target practice

Merkava_4
12-24-2012, 5:55 AM
i feel bulk buyers are law abiding and all of it is used for plinking/target practice

Yes, but the dumb-*** liberals think you're a terrorist.

TacticalChihuahua
12-24-2012, 7:44 AM

-Brandon

The surgeon says HP handgun rounds "are like a bomb going off"?? It's a handgun, not a .308. They just love to exaggerate and arouse emotion

QWi
12-24-2012, 8:16 PM
Oh yes. Banning the "cop killer" hollow-point cartridge will DEFINITELY protect the lives of citizens and law enforcement officers, as well as lower the entire crime rate throughout the city by 100%. Definitely the logical thing to do. :rolleyes:

Sputnik
12-24-2012, 8:31 PM
spoons make people fat, don't you know?
Ban the Costco thousand pack plastic spoons? Its for the children...those are military grade plastic spoons after all! :facepalm:

Packy14
12-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Ban the Costco thousand pack plastic spoons? Its for the children...those are military grade plastic spoons after all! :facepalm:

Semi-auto spoon dispensers cost 1000's of lives yearly, don't get me started on the full auto dispensers *shudder*

brokntrigr
12-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Buy 499 rounds, then that'll be ok. After you buy, 499 rounds, have your wife buy 499, then your nephew 499 rounds.... and so on. This is about as dumb as every other law San Francisco has.

fizux
12-26-2012, 3:25 PM
Semi-auto spoon dispensers cost 1000's of lives yearly, don't get me started on the full auto dispensers *shudder*

We all know that those spoons made me fat, gave me diabetes, and are responsible for over a million deaths in the USA every year.

Packy14
12-26-2012, 3:42 PM
We all know that those spoons made me fat, gave me diabetes, and are responsible for over a million deaths in the USA every year.

Yup,but never fear, the city of sf is looking to ban them for the good of all.

five.five-six
12-26-2012, 3:43 PM
military grade ammo is crap

agent.5
12-26-2012, 5:21 PM
Buy 499 rounds, then that'll be ok. After you buy, 499 rounds, have your wife buy 499, then your nephew 499 rounds.... and so on. This is about as dumb as every other law San Francisco has.

just wondering if an out-of-state dealer can combine ship multiple "orders" into one shipping package to save UPS charge?

delta9
12-26-2012, 5:27 PM
just wondering if an out-of-state dealer can combine ship multiple "orders" into one shipping package to save UPS charge?

I wouldn't matter - the proposed ordinance would only apply to the ONE gun shop located in San Francisco. You can order all the ammunition you want online without worry

agent.5
12-26-2012, 5:35 PM
I wouldn't matter - the proposed ordinance would only apply to the ONE gun shop located in San Francisco. You can order all the ammunition you want online without worry

Thanks.

GRP17
12-26-2012, 6:02 PM

So I guess Hi Bridge will have a buy 499 rounds get 1 free deal :D