PDA

View Full Version : ABC World News on AK-15s 5 mins

Guntech
12-20-2012, 5:36 PM
ABC World News about to do a report on ARs. Preview showed how fast people can change mags, then had one of their reporters tried(he fumbled and just about dropped the mag from what I saw) if they are trying to show people how scary ARs are, mission accomplished. That reporter almost dropping that mag on the floor scared me. Looked like they were going to talk about a possible mag lock or something about how fast you can change mags and that " law enforcement around the country" want this thing that limits how fast you can change mags.

Sounds like a Mag lock to me.

IXMM
12-20-2012, 5:43 PM
jeez, enough of the BS already.

Guntech
12-20-2012, 5:43 PM
Not about mag locks, ABC probably hasnt heard of those yet, they were proposing a nation high cap mag ban. Some Maryland Police Chief is championing the effort, says "he see no reason the general public should have high caps", but he should? GOD COMPLEX. Apparently we can tackle the shooters when they are reloading and fight bullets with bear hugs.

MOA1
12-20-2012, 5:47 PM
The pro gun crowd should follow the NRA example. Let the idiots talk, we'll be there when they decide they want to take away rights from law biding citizens.

Creeping Incrementalism
12-20-2012, 5:49 PM
Typical liberal media report--only bring in an appointed police chief from a big city who says civilians have no need for standard capacity magazines. Do they ever bring in an elected sheriff who says he opposes such bans? At least they did show how quickly magazines can be changed, though then they gave several examples of rampage shootings and one police-criminal shootout being stopped by mag changes.

IVC
12-20-2012, 5:56 PM
At least they did show how quickly magazines can be changed, though then they gave several examples of rampage shootings and one police-criminal shootout being stopped by mag changes.

All they have to do now is convince the criminals who are about to go on a shooting rampage to bring their *legal* 10 rounders instead of the *illegal* 30 rounders they just bought from a street dealer.

I think a very stiff penalty for using a 30 rounder during a mass murder should pretty much do the trick. The guy is packing: guns - check, ammo - check, vest - check, 30 round magazines - oh, crap, can't have those, 10 round magazines - check, map of gun free places - check...

Wherryj
12-20-2012, 6:26 PM
All they have to do now is convince the criminals who are about to go on a shooting rampage to bring their *legal* 10 rounders instead of the *illegal* 30 rounders they just bought from a street dealer.

I think a very stiff penalty for using a 30 rounder during a mass murder should pretty much do the trick. The guy is packing: guns - check, ammo - check, vest - check, 30 round magazines - oh, crap, can't have those, 10 round magazines - check, map of gun free places - check...

I'm very certain that it won't be the 30 felony charges for murder/attempted murder that will make the predator stop and think, it will be the felony charge of "unlawful use of standard capacity magazine" that will stop the tragedy. After all, no insane criminal REALLY wants to get into THAT kind of trouble.

Mrbroom
12-20-2012, 10:03 PM
any link on this yet? I havent found one yet...

Guntech
12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm very certain that it won't be the 30 felony charges for murder/attempted murder that will make the predator stop and think, it will be the felony charge of "unlawful use of standard capacity magazine" that will stop the tragedy. After all, no insane criminal REALLY wants to get into THAT kind of trouble.

Definitely wouldn't want to rack up another felony before you shoot yourself..

SilverTauron
12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Yawn.

ABC did a hokey report on CCW which is comedy to anyone with actual defensive training. They had a police department train several strangers picked at random in basic gun safety , had them carry Glock pistols configured with training ammo, and ran a mock active shooter drill. Big surprise the kids fumbled on the draw and made mistakes on camera, which of course the ABC station made out to seem like CCW was a joke.

Yet, years later, Illinois will have a CCW bill as law by June 6 2013.

Guntech
12-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes I saw that report and they claimed that "one of the people had extensive firearms experience" i cant remember if that was the one who got his gun caught in his triple xl xtra tall t-shirt or the one who didnt even draw.

smith629
12-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Its amazing how this seems so silly and almost funny to us because of how obviously illogical it is, yet that's how many anti-gunners think.

CessnaDriver
12-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Not about mag locks, ABC probably hasnt heard of those yet, they were proposing a nation high cap mag ban. Some Maryland Police Chief is championing the effort, says "he see no reason the general public should have high caps", but he should? GOD COMPLEX. Apparently we can tackle the shooters when they are reloading and fight bullets with bear hugs.

People like that are WHY we need standard capacity mags.

You know they would obey if the orders ever came to take our weapons.

Bunger317
12-21-2012, 2:40 AM
Rqq

TacticalPlinker
12-21-2012, 3:17 AM
What is an "AK-15s" ???

GOEX FFF
12-21-2012, 4:05 AM
What is an "AK-15s" ???

:D

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/236/521698335_ef1d96d23b_z.jpg

myk
12-21-2012, 4:23 AM
Oh God MY EYES!!!!

Goosebrown
12-21-2012, 4:41 AM
That is seared into my retinas...

the pain...

Mulay El Raisuli
12-21-2012, 5:05 AM

Oh, VERY good!

The Raisuli

Rob7.62
12-21-2012, 5:07 AM
They are really going all out nuts on attacking our 2nd amendment rights every chance they get but they clearly have no idea what the hell they are talking about neither do most the people they interview cops included saw one on tv talking about how the problem is high capacity "clips" and how simple it is to make an assault weapon. All these high capacity clips! Wish they could find intelligent people to interview.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/desertfox_1891/sks-ak.jpg

Ford8N
12-21-2012, 5:14 AM
^^^ It doesn't matter if ABC news is right or wrong on the details, the sheep suck it up as gospel......and call their representatives in congress.

FF/EMT Nick
12-21-2012, 8:08 AM

Is it bad that I want one?