PDA

View Full Version : Plan Hillbama

lawnrevenge
08-13-2007, 1:48 PM
I have decided to start planning for the future. If an AWB went into effect following 11/08 I don't want to be SOL. I've decided to start a list of things to get. Please help with suggestions.

1. OLLs (not sure how many, but I will get a few)
2. Other Cal-config rifles (AK, and anything else that an oportunity arises)
3. Lots of magazine repair kits since 8 years would be a long time to wait if one were to break
4. Surplus or bulk ammo, bought for good prices and to fulfill my 1000-5000 x each caliber quest. (BP guns are not counted:p )
5. Reloading equipment to supliment #4 since surplus is getting pricey and harder to find in some calibers.
6. Several handguns, not sure which to get yet.

Some of these are less priority (reload equip, overdoing it on ammo stock pile, etc.)

Any input is appreciated unless you want to tell me how I shouldn't worry etc. I just plan to change my focus for a time to prepare for the future. My south american mauser collecting can be put on hold for now, unless I find a real rare deal:43:

lawnrevenge
08-13-2007, 1:50 PM
Forgot to add that some things will probably get overpriced by the primaries depending on who get nominated. So I will prioritize on that too. I plan to be done before the big rush I expect to see in the latter half of next year.

hoffmang
08-13-2007, 1:55 PM
If you do the math, a serious anti-gun vote by the Senate would likely cost control of the Senate for the Dems.

As such, I don't think you'll see any sorts of strong gun control getting through even in a sweep by the Dems of both houses and the presidency.

All that said, I don't expect a sweep either come November '08.

-Gene

AJAX22
08-13-2007, 2:17 PM
I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I've been buying many more EBR's and ammo/reloading components than I normally would.

my love of old colt/s&w products is having to take a back burner for a while.

lawnrevenge
08-13-2007, 2:31 PM
I doubt a sweep in 08. But would rather beat the rush if there is one. No one knows what new garbage they'd push to lower their approval ratings more. Incumbents almost always win, even if they do stupid things, because sheep only pay attention to what TV tells them the last week before an election.
So do I have my bases covered? What would you guys prioritize, add, remove or change in my list?

AJAX22
08-13-2007, 2:58 PM
I'd add raw lead, a bullet mould, and one of those tools that turns spent .22LR casings into .223 jackets.

also remember that AWB part II will probably try to get M1 carbines, M1 garands, M1A, ruger mini14's, sks's etc. so if those interest you it wouldn't hurt to pick a few up.

oh and cool .22LR's like the feather industries AT22 and the callico will almost assuradly get targeted.

It might not happen at all, but hey I'm not going another 10 years kicking myself for not getting something.

bwiese
08-13-2007, 3:05 PM
You're planning for the wrong threat.

HR1022 doesn't stand a chance in hell: in 1994, for a somewhat weaker bill, we took out a sitting Speaker of the House (US) and caused a political sea-change. Dems - whose symbol is a donkey - nevertheless do remember a good clubbing. There's no movement in the US Senate, either. In fact given the 2006 elections, we merely traded in pro-gun Republicans for pro-gun Democrats and actually may have landed slightly better off, gun-wise.

The thing that will have most chance/risk of affecting you is attempts at ammo control in California. The CA Brady/LCAV types are moving away from actual gun control and going for ammo control.

If you are not spending time, money and postage writing to legislators about the various CA ammo bills (the proverbial camel's nose in the tent) you really don't care about your guns.

lawnrevenge
08-13-2007, 3:19 PM
I am writing letters, voicing my opinion. The usual stuff. I just don't want to be unprepared. I will add bullet molds to the list but those will eventually be bought to offset the rising costs of ammo anyway.

Ford8N
08-13-2007, 3:46 PM
Ammo is an Achilles heel for the gun owner and the Brady's know that. What fun is a gun when you can't afford to feed it.

lawnrevenge
08-13-2007, 4:11 PM
This is more of a plan for the worst thread. We have many writer you "representative":rolleyes: threads. Which we should all be doing to prevent. But this is preparing for the worst. Kind of like having a spare tire in your car. You hope to never use it, but not having it because we have good street sweepers that clear away all the nails is folly.

6172crew
08-13-2007, 4:26 PM
If you do the math, a serious anti-gun vote by the Senate would likely cost control of the Senate for the Dems.

As such, I don't think you'll see any sorts of strong gun control getting through even in a sweep by the Dems of both houses and the presidency.

All that said, I don't expect a sweep either come November '08.

-Gene
I agree, guns are off limits by all but a few mouthbreathers but ammo is free for the taking.

BTW I hear the FN tactical shotgun is no longer available to the public, Im still not 100% but my source is good. I think its this line of room brooms.
http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF005&gid=FNG002

mike100
08-13-2007, 4:29 PM
You could go crazy and collect all manner of arms that you might not have acquired otherwise. I'd get one kind of battle rifle and a couple of semi-auto handguns if you wanted to beat any new laws. Ammo is pretty expensive..you missed the boat entirely. be prepared to pay 3x what it was 2 years ago if you want to stock pile a couple of thousand rounds.

State laws will likely get us first. The HSC isn't really a certificate (certs don't have expiration dates- licenses do). They could take that away and then how would you buy a handgun?

I bought a couple of extra 1911's, a cz75, a couple of HK's. I have little real want for any other autoloaders- but I did hedge my bets on the future just in case.

My focus is now more on revolvers, shotguns, and chasing down vintage rifles that non-interested members of my family have at the moment.

6172crew
08-13-2007, 8:22 PM
You could go crazy and collect all manner of arms that you might not have acquired otherwise. I'd get one kind of battle rifle and a couple of semi-auto handguns if you wanted to beat any new laws. Ammo is pretty expensive..you missed the boat entirely. be prepared to pay 3x what it was 2 years ago if you want to stock pile a couple of thousand rounds.

State laws will likely get us first. The HSC isn't really a certificate (certs don't have expiration dates- licenses do). They could take that away and then how would you buy a handgun?

I bought a couple of extra 1911's, a cz75, a couple of HK's. I have little real want for any other autoloaders- but I did hedge my bets on the future just in case.

My focus is now more on revolvers, shotguns, and chasing down vintage rifles that non-interested members of my family have at the moment.

If things go our way the ammo will be o' plenty when its no longer needed to kill those who threaten our liberty. If the amount of 855 needed by the armed forces every gets under control then we might see better deals but the prices of copper has gone up 130% OR SOME crap.