PDA

View Full Version : Feedup with the Talking heads and Media

molecule
12-20-2012, 2:56 PM
Just got feed up with the constant talk about more gun control .So I sent this to both Senators ,Obama and John Boehner .

You can't force people to follow the law ,and you can't legislate common sense .There is no reason to have more Legislation on responsible gun owners .

Connecticut has had a assault weapon ban since 1993 ,in most states it is illegal for a person with a mental disability to purchase or own a firearm .

The real question here is why would a parent of a child with a mental illness not only have guns in the house but not have them locked in a gun safe .

mrrsquared79
12-20-2012, 3:10 PM
The real question here is why would a parent of a child with a mental illness not only have guns in the house but not have them locked in a gun safe .

Do we know for a fact the firearms were unlocked? Perhaps they were locked up and she was forced to unlock them. Perhaps he killed his mom and stole her keys. Perhaps he cut the locks off, I know I have made a ~90 mile one way trip out to the desert to shoot to find my friend forgot his keys at home. Luckily we went in his truck as he has a large toolbox in it since he is a contractor and we were able to cut the locks off after a bit...

Not trying to argue, just pointing out that until we have access to the police report, all we can do is speculate(including the scenarios I illustrated above).

NotEnufGarage
12-20-2012, 3:15 PM
Just got feed up with the constant talk about more gun control .So I sent this to both Senators ,Obama and John Boehner .

You can't force people to follow the law ,and you can't legislate common sense .There is no reason to have more Legislation on responsible gun owners .

Connecticut has had a assault weapon ban since 1993 ,in most states it is illegal for a person with a mental disability to purchase or own a firearm .

Feel better now?

BayLegend
12-20-2012, 3:17 PM
I heard news reports that the mother was a gun enthusiast and regularly took the son out to the shooting range. So chances are the son may possibly knew the safe combination or as mrrsquared79 said, could have forced the mother to open the safe/gun locks for him. The official police reports are not out yet since its still an ongoing investigation.

Glock22Fan
12-20-2012, 3:33 PM
Feedup with the Talking heads and Media
I thought this was a lunch, or dinner, invite.

Trenchfoot
12-20-2012, 3:33 PM
I heard news reports that the mother was a gun enthusiast and regularly took the son out to the shooting range. So chances are the son may possibly knew the safe combination or as mrrsquared79 said, could have forced the mother to open the safe/gun locks for him. The official police reports are not out yet since its still an ongoing investigation.

Reports are that she was shot in her bed while asleep.

stix213
12-20-2012, 3:48 PM

Fox news has reported that she normally stored her guns in a "lock box" which while I'm not sure what that means, I suspect it is one of those cheap gun cabinets. Adam may have broken into it (which is not difficult for a 20 year old and some simple tools, at least for the Sentry made one I used before I upgraded to a real safe) or it could have been key opened and Adam just grabbed her keys while she was sleeping, which would be my guess.

Assuming she didn't provide Adam with the key herself on purpose, it is sounding like she at least was trying to do the right thing. Though I question her wisdom of taking a mentally unstable child like him to the range at all.

molecule
12-20-2012, 5:49 PM
Feel better now?

YES