PDA

View Full Version : Wrote to my congressman

hornswaggled
12-20-2012, 2:13 PM
Luckily in North County SD we have a Republican Congressman. Google "Find my congressman" if you've never done this before, and they'll have a web form where you can send him/her a message.

Librarian
12-20-2012, 2:23 PM
Complete list in this sticky - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=659220

surfinguru
12-20-2012, 3:08 PM
Just fired off an email to Congressman Farr. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears, but we have to try....

Dear Congressman Farr,

There is alot of rhetoric at the moment calling for sweeping gun ban(s) / legislation. Let me ask you this question in regards to calling for a new gun ban and recently propossed ammunition restrictions in California: With more and more US cities on the brink of bankruptcy, emergency response services being cut, police telling citizens to arm themselves as they lack the manpower to provide timely response, the Supreme Court ruling that the 2nd Amendment is a constitutional right AND that the police have NO OBLIGATION to protect me, what options will I have to protect myself, my spouse or my child when confronted with someone who has no moral values and has absolutely no value for our lives? Will you tell me to call 9-1-1 and cower in the corner waiting for the police response that wonít make it there in time to save us? Or will you stand up for the Constitution and allow me to defend me and my loved ones?

Letís get real here Congressman Farr; we have a much, much bigger problem than the gun itself. We have a run-away problem with lack of self-responsibility, over prescribed medication, undiagnosed mental illnesses along with the belief that the government is supposed to provide everything for us. Sadly, there is evil in this world we live in and it isnít going away anytime soon. Criminals do not follow the rule of law and no matter how many new laws that are put on the books; there will always be people who break our laws much to the detriment of society. The sooner we as a society take off the rose colored glasses and realize WE (ones self) are the only ones responsible for our actions and safety, the better the chance we have to make real changes.

Congressman Farr, I'm urging you to not let emotions dictate the furture of my country. While the tragedy in Newton was truely heartbreaking, the number of law abiding citizens far outnumber those who are not. Again, I'm urging you to make logical decisions that do not punish the law abiding citizen.

Sincerely,
Xxx Xxxxx

hornswaggled
12-20-2012, 3:57 PM
Well put.