PDA

View Full Version : Marin County: Gun "buyback" planned.

SwissFluCase
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Donors sought to pay for Marin gun buy-back program

http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_22225529/donors-sought-pay-marin-gun-buy-back-program

Our illustrious DA who has been plea bargaining violent crimes for years is now spear heading a gun buyback and attacking gun ownership.

I see two action items:

Express displeasure with the Marin Community Foundation for funding it,

http://www.marincf.org/

and it is time to target Ed Berberian when he is up for re-election.

I'll be writing a letter to MCF later today.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

CCWFacts
12-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Our illustrious DA who has been plea bargaining violent crimes for years is now spear heading a gun buyback and attacking gun ownership.

That's what is amazing here. If you want to cut crime, including crime against children, keep violent people in prison until they are old. That's it! That's all you gotta do!

But what happens? Gang members are caught with a gun in the vicinity of a school and they're given a minimal sentence. People convicted of murder are let back on the street. For example this (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57560261-504083/discussion-about-newtown-leads-to-missouri-barber-shop-shooting-police-say/) just happened yesterday. The guy had a murder conviction, was let out, had numerous other legal trouble, was still on the street, and ended up shooting up a barber shop. Why was he out on the streets? You want to cut gun violence, then you need to keep people like that locked up until they are too old to do anything.

But liberals don't want to do that because they are in a racial coalition that won't tolerate a "lock up violent people" approach to stopping crime. And that's what this is all about. Any real solution to crime in America is going to trample on part of the Democratic coalition, so much better to focus everything on NRA members and NRA members' favorite guns, namely AR-15s. Never mind that that won't do anything at all about crime. For a historical example of this, Mayor Young (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleman_Young) took over Detroit based on a campaign promise to end a street safety program called STRESS (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=AUwmAAAAIBAJ&sjid=D_4FAAAAIBAJ&pg=3161%2C2034014), which actually was effective, but had an impact on a racially favored group, and it's better to have a few murders than to risk racial inequalities in law enforcement outcomes.

Meanwhile the Republican party can't push forward any real solutions to crime without being called racist.

This is why the gun control issue is so hysterical and irrational. Neither party dares push for the obvious solution, namely, locking up violent people, so the Democratic party pushes insane and hysterical solutions (ban AR-15s) and the Republican party pushes only partial solutions (shall-issue etc). And even shall-issue and "stand your ground" laws are tagged as racist now (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/criminal-justice/is-there-racial-bias-in-stand-your-ground-laws/). I don't have a solution to untangling the mess but at least the underlying factors should be discussed so we can think about them strategically.

IVC
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Gun buybacks are great. There was a guy here who would go to buybacks and offer a bit more for each good gun. He ended up scoring some amazing deals. The best part is that the police cannot do anything about it.

We should all show up there and create a nice little "farmers market" for adoption of unwanted guns. :).

robtech
12-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Ivc thats exactly what i was going to say!

DC-8
12-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Gun buybacks are great. There was a guy here who would go to buybacks and offer a bit more for each good gun. He ended up scoring some amazing deals. The best part is that the police cannot do anything about it.

We should all show up there and create a nice little "farmers market" for adoption of unwanted guns. :).

This.

I think I might just have to swing by and see if there are any good C&R guns I can pick up. Maybe I'll luck out...

SMR510
12-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Either that or buy a case of Mosins and sell them back for more than you paid for them.

As far as keeping criminals locked up, that is only half of the battle in my eyes. There was a show on TV a while ago about Angola Prison in Louisiana and what they are doing down there is working. The basic idea is that if they give prisoners something to work for, something to gain, when they are released into the public after serving their time they will continue on that path. They have all kinds of jobs for both life in prison/death penalty and shorter sentence prisoners ranging from training horses (used by the guards), training dogs(used between the interior fences and perimeter fences to keep them in), doing maintenance on the facilities there (electrician, plumber, etc.), working in the fields...You get the idea. Now you are teaching these criminals how not to be criminals, if they do a good job they get more responsibility and more freedoms but that all comes crashing down if they do something against the rules. Having a "training program" such as this allows convicted felons to make a change in the direction of their life in a secure place where any screw ups dont effect the outside world.

Why all of our prisons are not like that is a question I cant answer. Why pay regular people to do all this work our of tax payer money while locking these prisoners in their cells or cell blocks all day to watch daytime tv? Put all that labor to good use and help these people make improvements in their lives at the same time!

mcmikeblues7
12-20-2012, 6:11 PM

Are you guys joking or is this actually legal? It sounds like a great idea. I live in Marin, not only would I be saving these helpless guns, but I would be bringing them to a new home.

GREASY357
12-20-2012, 6:14 PM

Count me in!

Guntech
12-20-2012, 6:25 PM
Man, crime is really starting to pay

Hide your guns, lock your safe....

I can see it now

US ATTORNEY GENERAL UNVEILS PLAN FOR FIREARM SEIZURES, SAYS "WE WILL PAY GANG BANGERS 200 DOLLARS FOR EACH GUN THEY STEAL AND BRING TO US"

SKSer
12-20-2012, 6:29 PM
Are you guys joking or is this actually legal? It sounds like a great idea. I live in Marin, not only would I be saving these helpless guns, but I would be bringing them to a new home.

Of course its legal as long as the person wants to go do a PPT at a gunstore, now if the police give you a hard time about it, that is another thing. You don't have to be doing something illegal for the police to give you a hard time.

Darklyte27
12-20-2012, 6:30 PM
So what if my stolen RIA 1911 shows up at one of these buy backs? do they run checks on these?

SKSer
12-20-2012, 6:36 PM
Good question, I dont think so, they might all be different. Their point is to get guns off the street, I dont think they want to pay $200 to just give it back to you. I know they are generally don't ask don't tell when it comes to dropping them off. I could totally be wrong though. That brings up a valid point though, this could be the perfect way for a killer to get rid of evidence, which seems like that is a total problem if they just throw them all in a bin and melt them down.

Guntech
12-20-2012, 6:51 PM
So what if my stolen RIA 1911 shows up at one of these buy backs? do they run checks on these?

Highly doubtful, they are organized by gun grabbers whose goal in life is to incinerate every gun ever made, not return them to you. I have to call into question the legality of them melting down what could potentially be your property.

Moonshine
12-20-2012, 7:33 PM
When I saw the photo of the pile of guns from a recent gun buy back I saw a pile of 60+ year old guns that would be worthless on gun broker like Tokerov pistols with the finish worn off and Mosin Nagants that were probably bought for $50 and got $100 in the buy back. The real value of a buy back is questionable in my opinion because it tends to serve as a way for gun owners to sell stuff they don't want and free up space in their safe... Probably a small number of guns are turned in by criminals but most of the stuff I saw in the photo looked like spring safe cleaning and therefore a waste of tax dollars.

Trenchfoot
12-20-2012, 7:51 PM
Good question, I dont think so, they might all be different. Their point is to get guns off the street, I dont think they want to pay $200 to just give it back to you. I know they are generally don't ask don't tell when it comes to dropping them off. I could totally be wrong though. That brings up a valid point though, this could be the perfect way for a killer to get rid of evidence, which seems like that is a total problem if they just throw them all in a bin and melt them down.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/westvalley/articles/2011/12/01/20111201avondale-police-collected-61-guns-buy-back-program.html

Dunno about Marin, but in AZ they check the serials in case they were stolen and return them to their owners, and run them through the ballistics registry to find out if they had been used in a crime. I saw them say the same thing on TV about the recent NJ buyback.

Trenchfoot
12-20-2012, 7:54 PM

They did in in Detroit. http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/08/gun_advocates_offer_to_outbid.html

Got hassled by the cops though.

SgtMerc
12-20-2012, 8:11 PM
From what I've read, there's nothing illegal about offering to buy the guns before they're handed off to police. But the people turning them in have no idea about PPTs or legal transfers, so they opt for the police instead of "giving it to some guy who offers you cash on the street"

They seem to think we are skeevy trenchcoat dealers looking to avoid legal means.

The other thing was they wouldn't allow the buyers to be at the buyback. All the progun folks had to stay across the street, yelling offers and waving wildly.

Dokbrick
12-20-2012, 8:13 PM

You absolutely read my mind! Was just about to post that notion. Nothing more saddening than imagining those firearms being destroyed :(

odysseus
12-20-2012, 9:02 PM
My first inclination in regards to this is Marin will\would not have much of a turn out for any gun buyback run. The reason is manifold in terms of the three large demographics of the area in this context - that is:

1) those many of the "progressive" left that live in fear of "guns" and have been eating up the erroneous mantra and media about gun ownership, and thus do not own any - which Marin has a considerable amount of.

2) those many of the "progressive" left that do not admit openly or show that they do own firearms, but there are many in this group that do for various reasons, and they don't own many, and what they do own they will keep for themselves. They are somewhat strange on this subject, unclear on how to communicate about it, will vocalize erroneous conversations about this "right, or those "automatic" or "military weapons" they see on the news, and etc.

3) those that are just fine practicing their inalienable right to keep and bear arms, and thus own, shoot, and practice this and collect many, they will have no business either with it.

Of those all mentioned above which probably account for +90% of Marin county, they are all also well heeled financially in par to peers of other counties. Marin doesn't have an environment where a gun buyback program makes much sense for those pushing for it. Maybe some old folks might show up with some legacy inherited items not knowing what to do with them. Marin is a funny place, and many are hypocritical in terms to what they say and actually do in terms of gun ownership here.

GDM
12-20-2012, 9:21 PM
Donors sought to pay for Marin gun buy-back program

http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_22225529/donors-sought-pay-marin-gun-buy-back-program

I see two action items:

Express displeasure with the Marin Community Foundation for funding it,

http://www.marincf.org/

and it is time to target Ed Berberian when he is up for re-election.

I'll be writing a letter to MCF later today.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Yeah I saw the Marin IJ front page the other day at work I read it, rolled my eyes and put it back out in the office for it to be read by our community.

This "buy back" in Marin..ha. Out of 200,000 people who live in the county, I doubt less than 1%-5% own guns.

bbogert
12-20-2012, 9:25 PM
I think I'll go pick up a couple old BB guns, trade them in, then take the cash and buy something worthy.

GDM
12-20-2012, 9:26 PM
:facepalm: Darn it, I shouldn't have sold off or given away my airsoft guns! I could have made some money back.

SwissFluCase
12-20-2012, 9:47 PM
Yeah I saw the Marin IJ front page the other day at work I read it, rolled my eyes and put it back out in the office for it to be read by our community.

This "buy back" in Marin..ha. Out of 200,000 people who live in the county, I doubt less than 1%-5% own guns.

Marin County has a gun ownership rate between 60 and 70 percent.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

GDM
12-20-2012, 9:53 PM
Marin County has a gun ownership rate between 60 and 70 percent.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

:eek: 60 to 70? Wow I am well speech less.

SwissFluCase
12-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Well, gun ownership tends to increase as you encounter higher socioeconomic classes. The vision of the typical gun owner being a poor hick is not accurate.

The rich, after all, have more to lose.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

MRX9989
12-20-2012, 10:32 PM
A couple years back the Marin Independent Journal ran a story about the "surprisingly high" rates of gun ownership in the county. It featured some interviews of Bullseye employees as well.

odysseus
12-21-2012, 12:22 AM
:eek: 60 to 70? Wow I am well speech less.

Don't be. Though I can't back that stat up, and I would say 70 would be too high. But even 40 would shock some people based on the perceived notions of Marinites.

Again - the demographics lend to higher gun ownership, period. However ideologically there are wide divides, even some erroneous hypocrisy tied into when it comes to RKBA understandings and politics. There is a social pressure not to reveal that as well in a community where the appearance of gun ownership is frowned upon as "ignorant" or "violent".

Marin is a place where you have more 501c and foundations per capita than in most other places. A place where left politics sing out where people run political policy organizations talking to us all about "social economic justice", as they then drive home to their private streets with multi-million dollar homes. It's not 100% on level normal with the normality of most places, publicly speaking.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
12-21-2012, 12:27 AM
I can't back that stat up by hard numbers either, but I worked in Marin County. I saw a number of left-leaning Marinites turn in those icky, nasty guns that Granddad had because they were afraid of them. Sometimes, they throw them away and they turn up at the dump (and yes, I've seen examples of that). The same folks would be only too glad to turn them in whether they got paid or not. It would be fun to watch a "farmers market" trying to lure the sheeple Marinites away from a buyback, but I wouldn't bet on success, given the population we're considering.

It bothered me greatly to see quality firearms destroyed because I had no choice in the matter. On rare occasions I was able to divert them to department use, but they were never going to be sold to the public per policy. At one time, surrendered firearms were stripped, the frames/receivers destroyed, and the parts kits went to the Lassen College gunsmitihing program, but that was stopped years ago. Marin is a very, very left-leaning county, and Ed Berbarian is doing pretty much what the majority of Marin voters will go along with. No surprise there!

There are a lot more guns in Marin County than some posters here think... and I don't mean in Marin City (although there are a fair number there, too).

ClarenceBoddicker
12-21-2012, 2:07 AM
The last "good" buyback was the 2008 one in Oakland. $250 each handgun up to 5, no ID or questions asked.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Oakland-gun-buyback-drive-to-begin-3297866.php

CALI-gula
12-21-2012, 2:19 AM
Marin County: Gun "buyback" planned.

It's not a "buyback". It's merely your entrance fee to the FEMA relocation camp (all for your protection of course).

Oh, and by the way... Soylent Green is people. Pass it on.

Wrangler John
12-21-2012, 6:22 AM
Either that or buy a case of Mosins and sell them back for more than you paid for them.

As far as keeping criminals locked up, that is only half of the battle in my eyes. There was a show on TV a while ago about Angola Prison in Louisiana and what they are doing down there is working. The basic idea is that if they give prisoners something to work for, something to gain, when they are released into the public after serving their time they will continue on that path. They have all kinds of jobs for both life in prison/death penalty and shorter sentence prisoners ranging from training horses (used by the guards), training dogs(used between the interior fences and perimeter fences to keep them in), doing maintenance on the facilities there (electrician, plumber, etc.), working in the fields...You get the idea. Now you are teaching these criminals how not to be criminals, if they do a good job they get more responsibility and more freedoms but that all comes crashing down if they do something against the rules. Having a "training program" such as this allows convicted felons to make a change in the direction of their life in a secure place where any screw ups dont effect the outside world.

Why all of our prisons are not like that is a question I cant answer. Why pay regular people to do all this work our of tax payer money while locking these prisoners in their cells or cell blocks all day to watch daytime tv? Put all that labor to good use and help these people make improvements in their lives at the same time!

When I was a District Supervising Ranger for a local park department, part of my job involved managing the Inmate Work Program of crews from the Men's Correctional Facility (Honor Camp). A goodly portion of these non-violent offenders were young men that had poor work habits and little skill. In one memorable case, an inmate asked questions as I was installing a force sewage main between the treatment plant and storage pond. He really seemed interested, so I gave him a quick course on solvent welding PVC pipe and let his try his hand. He enjoyed it so much that I allowed him to complete the final half-mile by himself. He continued to ask for instruction on fitting tees and elbows and cutting lengths to fit angles. When done, he said that was the first useful thing he had ever done in his life. He asked if there was more he could do. I told him that if he wanted to work with pipe to seek a job in landscaping when his sentence was up. Although I was skeptical, mates would try to con us for easier treatment, none of his pipe ever leaked. Some months later he was picnicking in the park and stopped by my office with his girlfriend. He showed me his new business card, he had just been promoted to a foreman with a large landscaping company in Santa Clara County. He said it was great, he didn't have to worry about the cops anymore and they were getting married in a couple of months. While every inmate will not have a quality outcome, at least these men on our crews had a chance to learn valuable skills from plumbing to logging, milling lumber, roofing and general maintenance. At least the opportunity was presented.

The unions of course will protest against inmate labor. I had to head off the plumbers union over installation of waterless urinals. They claimed they were unsanitary and would cut into their jobs. So no matter how 'good' an idea is, somebody will object when they see their ox being gored.

Colt
12-22-2012, 1:16 PM
That's what is amazing here. If you want to cut crime, including crime against children, keep violent people in prison until they are old. That's it! That's all you gotta do!

But what happens? Gang members are caught with a gun in the vicinity of a school and they're given a minimal sentence. People convicted of murder are let back on the street. For example this (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57560261-504083/discussion-about-newtown-leads-to-missouri-barber-shop-shooting-police-say/) just happened yesterday. The guy had a murder conviction, was let out, had numerous other legal trouble, was still on the street, and ended up shooting up a barber shop. Why was he out on the streets? You want to cut gun violence, then you need to keep people like that locked up until they are too old to do anything.

And when they let 'em out early, you get stuff like this...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/earl-ellis-green-sentence_n_1625233.html

DeanC
12-22-2012, 1:37 PM
A couple years back the Marin Independent Journal ran a story about the "surprisingly high" rates of gun ownership in the county. It featured some interviews of Bullseye employees as well.

Bullseye does a very strong business both at the range and the sales counter. My wife has also had a few of the moms at our kids' school ask her to take them shooting. There are a lot more pro-gun folks in Marin than people might think. Part of why I keep saying that encouraging pro-gun liberals is a good idea...

pitbull30
12-22-2012, 4:50 PM
Los Angeles is planning one too. Heard it on the radio the other night.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/12/los-angeles-gun-buyback.html

SwissFluCase
12-22-2012, 5:32 PM
Bullseye does a very strong business both at the range and the sales counter. My wife has also had a few of the moms at our kids' school ask her to take them shooting. There are a lot more pro-gun folks in Marin than people might think. Part of why I keep saying that encouraging pro-gun liberals is a good idea...

It's been discussed here before, but the new face of gun ownership in California is likely to be a 98 pound transgender lesbian who tends to agree with Barbara Lee.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

malfunction
01-14-2013, 6:24 PM
I am proud to announce that the Central Marin Police Authority (CMPA) will be part of the National Gun Buy Back Day on January 15th in concert with other Marin Law Enforcement Agencies and State and National efforts. The hours of the operation are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the police station on Doherty Drive. It is vital that our school community understand the importance of this effort and the safety measures being taken on behalf of students and staff at Hall Middle School.

The Central Marin Police Authority has instituted procedures to ensure the safe recovery of any weapons. The following is a brief summary of safety measures:

1. Community members bringing weapons to Central Marin Police Authority will be met by police officers in the parking lot and while escorted in their vehicles to a secured parking area at the back of the building, which is not normally accessible to the public.

2. Several extra officers will be on duty.

3. School Resource Officer Patty Monge will be on the Hall campus all day and available to provide gun awareness and safety as needed. Hall’s school counselor and administrators will be available as always.

4. Police officers will be available on and around Hall Middle School campus and parking lots in cooperation with school administrators.

It is important that we as a community take this small and symbolic first step and support National Gun Buy Back Day tomorrow. Every Marin County City/Town Council will or has approved National Gun Control Resolutions supporting gun education, stricter guidelines and tougher penalties for gun violations. This program has been approved by the Marin County Board of Supervisors. In addition, the Gun Buy Back Program has received over $40,000 in donations from Marin citizens to assure its successful implementation.

As your Chief of Police, I want you to know that I will continue to do everything in my power to protect, prevent, educate and collaborate with our community and schools. We enjoy a strong relationship with our school staff and administrators. We are well-prepared for tomorrow’s program.

Marin County District Attorney Edward Berberian stated:

“Sometimes we need to come together taking one small step that empowers the average individual with the ability to do something. I personally believe we are a society with too many guns simply sitting in garages, closets, drawers and who knows where else. Our community has seen these weapons appear in our neighborhoods and streets. Let’s have our community take a step to reduce the total number of these weapons. Let’s have a day where we go to our local police agencies across the county and turn in these guns. I thought about this over the weekend and thought we could focus on January 15, 2013, as a day to mark our commitment to curb the violence that has plagued our streets and invaded our schools. It is a day our nation honors a man of non-violence (Dr. Martin Luther King). Dr. King died in act of senseless gun violence. This small act by all of us would be consistent with Dr. King’s teachings and be a galvanizing force for community action. Let’s do something more than just talk.”

Please join me in supporting this important National Gun Buy Back Day and to continue our preparation to reduce potential risks of gun violence in our community.

Todd Cusimano, Chief of Police
Central Marin Police Authority
Got this from my kid's school this afternoon. Hall Middle School is right by the Larkspur PD, the entrances are 50 feet apart, so it's good to know that Federal GFSZ regulations are being lifted (don't tell me all those dangerous weapons are going be in locked cases) for the convenience of this gun grab.

The whole tone of the message just disgusts me. Counseling? Seriously? Oh, and I saw in the Marin IJ they may also offer up to $10 for video games that do not have the Sen. Yee seal of approval http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_22356879

kaligaran
01-14-2013, 8:40 PM
This made me think of something.

<the future possible scenario>

Them: Ma'am where here to confiscate your guns that are now illegal under the new US gun ban and we see that you have X firearms in our registration records.

Me: Oh I took them to a gun buyback a few months back and got a nice gift certificate that I used to buy non-violent themed toys for needy children.

:facepalm:

Hoooper
01-14-2013, 8:44 PM
I was hoping to be able to go make some offers to save a few of these, but of course theyre hosting it way too far from my office. The fact that its at a school would concern me they might try to pull some GFSZ bull on you if you tried that

majtom94
01-14-2013, 9:19 PM

Yes, they run the serials when they are turned in; not so much for criminal activity as that the guns which come back as reported stolen by owner are return to that owner as their property. You'll get a letter from the local police giving you ninety days to claim. Provided you driver license has your current address, that is where the match occurs. Ser number to driver license.

klewan
01-14-2013, 9:58 PM
Let's hope the vast majority of guns are from Marin City...If you know what I mean, and I think you do...

Jungleboxx
01-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Problem with these buy backs is it encourages the people to steal DarkLytes pistol, carry it for a while, maybe shoot a person and then walk right up to a police officer and hand it over no questions asked, and then he can go do it again.

markw
01-14-2013, 11:12 PM

Yes, it's legal. Guys down here in SD have done it multiple times. It irritates the buy back people, but standing out there with a sign saying you'll give them CASH and legally buy their guns for more than they'd get from the buyback works. Friend of mine scored a C&R shotgun for a smoking deal that way.

Jungleboxx
01-15-2013, 12:11 AM
So is anyone actually down to go see what we can pick up? I'd totally be down to go if someone comes along with me...

I could carpool from Santa Cruz, pick up drop off along the way. Let me know

:30: :73:

malfunction
01-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Not sure where the other Marin locations are, but I don't think the electric fenced parking lot of the MadMax-style fortress that is Central Marin PD would be the best place to start an unofficial gun auction. Plus it's a GFSZ as I mentioned earlier, so they could bust you just for picking one up.

Might go down later though, maybe we can trade my 5th graders rusty old Crosman air gun for some $$ towards the Mosin he wants ;)

unusedusername
01-15-2013, 2:46 AM
This might be the first buyback in a looong time where nobody can make a profit off AK flats.

yuccales
01-15-2013, 6:05 AM
This made me think of something.

<the future possible scenario>

Them: Ma'am where here to confiscate your guns that are now illegal under the new US gun ban and we see that you have X firearms in our registration records.

Me: Oh I took them to a gun buyback a few months back and got a nice gift certificate that I used to buy non-violent themed toys for needy children.

:facepalm:

Not bad.

kaboom
01-15-2013, 8:03 AM
Sounds great to me. I have a crappy Davis .380 with a broken firing pin and what appears to be a crack forming around the breech. I could use that to fund one of my AR builds.

I'd make sure to inform them of all that as soon as the check was in my hand too. Does anyone know for sure if this is a cash offer, or some crappy gift certificate?

newbee1111
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Don't forget to duct tape some pistol grips on those mosins. I hear they pay double for assault mosins.

gougi
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know for sure if this is a cash offer, or some crappy gift certificate?

Went with a friend who was cleaning out his closet . They were handing out brand new $100 bills