PDA

View Full Version : Leadership in California Legislature

K 9
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I live in Alameda County and my representatives are not going to provide any leadership protecting my 2nd Ammendment rights. Who are the men and women in the California legislature that are going to provide the leadership we need. Who will stand up to Yee and others? Please provide the names of our allies so that we can contact them. We cannot be silent.

Hopalong
12-20-2012, 10:26 AM
The Tooth Fairy?

Cnynrat
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Curt Hagman (55th district) is a staunch 2A supporter. Used to be my rep, but unfortunately with the redistricting I'm now dealing with some Calderon spawn.

Regardless, I'm afraid we don't have enough votes on our side. Unless Jerry comes to his senses I think we'll be fighting these issues in the courts.

Lives_In_Fresno
12-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I live in Alameda County and my representatives are not going to provide any leadership protecting my 2nd Ammendment rights. Who are the men and women in the California legislature that are going to provide the leadership we need. Who will stand up to Yee and others? Please provide the names of our allies so that we can contact them. We cannot be silent.

Congrats on your first post here! Stick around awhile....

Nobody in the Democratic supermajority in the CA legislature is likely to care much at the moment.

You'd likely have most luck getting your own reps to care, perhaps by writing them, and expressing your opinions. Other reps that you can't affect in the voting booth will not care much about opinions from outside their area.

Renaissance Redneck
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I just e-mailed my new Assemblyman (Frank Bigelow) asking for his support for our civil rights. I know Frank personally, but I do not know his position on firearms. Judging by what I do know about him (rancher, conservative, thoughtful and logical), I'd guess he will be our ally.

ibanezfoo
12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Santa Claus should be here in a few days. We'll be ok then.

chris
12-20-2012, 1:32 PM
I have to say that most democrats don't care about anything about civil rights at all.

rivraton
12-20-2012, 3:12 PM

Knight, from So. Cal.

Moonshine
12-20-2012, 3:33 PM
Last time we, as a community, stood up to Yee's by flooding our reps phones with calls and writing letters.

stix213
12-20-2012, 3:39 PM
Last time we, as a community, stood up to Yee's by flooding our reps phones with calls and writing letters.

This ^^^^, though I would assume it is best to hold fire until the bill actually is written.

trevorlc
12-20-2012, 3:58 PM
Even if your representatives are part of the gun control frenzy, you should STILL write them an e-mail, letter, or call their office and let them know how you feel! We cannot just keep patting the pro 2A team on the back and think its enough, we have to let the Gun Control people see our numbers and the fact that we are willing to take the time to let them know how we feel. One of us can't change their mind, but if everyone on calguns emailed all their representatives I bet it would change a couple peoples stances and that might be the difference between us wining or loosing this fight!

Think of it this way, in the last election it was something like 30% of registered voters in California actually voted. Had that OTHER 70% of voters voted done their part they could have drastically affected the outcomes of different issues presented on the ballot. Granted it may not have changed anything but we will never know because they did not vote.

Moonshine
12-20-2012, 4:58 PM
Here's what I've found to be effective "I'm not only a constituent, but I'm also a voter and have supported you in the past. However, I am a gun owner and should your current policy towards gun control continue I will no longer be able to support you."

Please note that the above does NOT invole any lying because it does not explicitly tell the representative your support was in the form of voting. For instance I have called my Demcrat rep (on a few rare occasions) and said I support her efforts on a policy.

This tells the rep they will lose support and does so in a classy simple way that is probably FAR more effective than negative or angry approaches IMHO.

wjc
12-20-2012, 7:41 PM
Donnelly, Knight, Hagman, Halderman...

Those are the only ones I can think of that have been anti-anti in the past.