View Full Version : Carrying locked container?

12-20-2012, 9:15 AM
Ok, so there's currently many more important things to discuss on this forum so please feel free to move it but I thought this was the appropriate location.

I've been checking the Sacramento Sheriffs dept. web page biweekly for two years now and have never seen a single available appointment for a new CCW interview. Granted I'm not all that diligent about checking it early daily, biweekly at best, I'm very busy...
So now they have added the "we'll contact you" feature and I rather reluctantly put my personal information into it, I'll sit back and wait for the day.
In the meantime; can I carry a locked container with a unloaded handgun and a ready magazine on my person or in my backpack?
I checked the wiki and as near as I can tell its perfectly legal to do so.

12-20-2012, 9:56 AM
I'd make the locked container look as little like a gun (or laptop) as possible.

Dillon's "Plan B" (http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/23863/catid/14/Dillon__039_s___039_Plan_B__039__Day_Planner) is one option. A lockable clipboard box is another, for those whose employment/dress is less formal in style.

I haven't gotten around to buying anything like that yet, so I drop my locked (soft) gun case into a day pack type backpack so it is out of sight.

And, expect hassle from any cop who makes you - possibly serious hassle. It may be completely legal, but use your discretion, say as little as possible and contact someone like Jason ASAP if it turns nasty.