PDA

View Full Version : re: BATFE

Q.T.Hush
12-19-2012, 8:08 PM
I've just started getting deeper into the gun laws of our fair state. I find CG to be fascinating. I'm learning much. But I also need to learn more about federal gun laws. Is there a website similar to CG that deals with the federal legalities of gun ownership???

Librarian
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I've just started getting deeper into the gun laws of our fair state. I find CG to be fascinating. I'm learning much. But I also need to learn more about federal gun laws. Is there a website similar to CG that deals with the federal legalities of gun ownership???

Start with the Calguns Foundation Wiki - link below.

-hanko
12-20-2012, 6:56 AM
Surprise...

The "federal legalities" appear on the BATFE's website.

I know, who woulda' thought.;)

-hanko

wazdat
12-20-2012, 7:51 AM
Welcome to the forum. You'll learn a lot here about gun laws, gunsmithing, places to enjoy our sport and a host of other things.

If it is within your means, please donate and join the fight to keep our rights "unencumbered".

Oh, and if you're not a member of the NRA... JOIN! :yes:

Q.T.Hush
12-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks all. Maybe I should have specified a federal law forum NOT run by any gov't entity. The BATFE is on my "to peruse" list. Thanks again.

stix213
12-21-2012, 1:14 PM
Thanks all. Maybe I should have specified a federal law forum NOT run by any gov't entity. The BATFE is on my "to peruse" list. Thanks again.

There is always discussion in this forum relating to national 2A issues as well as the CA specific ones. Both areas are welcome.

(I'm not aware of a 2A discussion forum as good as this one that focuses only on the national stuff)

mikestesting
12-21-2012, 1:35 PM
(I'm not aware of a 2A discussion forum as good as this one that focuses only on the national stuff)

Seriously. I lurk and post in the 2A forum on Calguns just about every day. I have learned so much about CA law and federal law.

I find it disgusting that the laws are so complicated that the only way to stay legal is to study it for hours and hours. I wish the founding fathers had created an amendment that mandates laws need to be simple and not overly complicated, making it unconstitutional that in order to stay within the law, one must study hours of law to understand it.