PDA

View Full Version : Just join the NRA already!

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 1:32 PM
It really is high time for everyone concerned about maintaining our Second Amendment rights to join the NRA. The NRA is far from perfect but it's by far our best and strongest voice in WDC.

All the whining, anger and bitterness needs to be suspended for a while. It can't be used as an excuse for apathy during these current times. If you can't or don't want to hack the $35/year dues, you can join for $10.00/year sans the monthly magazine.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

Click on "Junior, Distinguished and Other Memberships" if you want to sign-up for the $10.00/year membership.

It takes about 90 seconds using a credit or debit card.

ccmc
12-19-2012, 2:06 PM
Absolutely agree. What is it, 100 million legal gun owners, but only 5 million NRA members? It's shameful that there's even a need for an organization like the NRA, but that's reality - it's even more shameful that 95 million people are so cavalier about their rights.

Lifeon2whls
12-19-2012, 2:18 PM
Thanks...I went with the standard 1 yr membership.

Lifeon2whls
12-19-2012, 2:18 PM
Thanks...I went with the standard 1 yr membership.

morfeeis
12-19-2012, 2:25 PM
I re-uped last night, i'm thinking about getting my wife a subscription too.

morfeeis
12-19-2012, 2:25 PM
I re-uped last night, i'm thinking about getting my wife a subscription too.

animossity
12-19-2012, 2:27 PM
I just signed up as well, I'm gonna recommend all my friends do also.

njineermike
12-19-2012, 2:30 PM
This may be the first thing you've ever said I'm in 100% agreement with.

njineermike
12-19-2012, 2:31 PM
This may be the first thing you've ever said I'm in 100% agreement with.

victor1echo
12-19-2012, 2:31 PM
Never! The NRA is racket. Gun owners of america.

frankm
12-19-2012, 2:33 PM
what are they gonna say Friday?

MontClaire
12-19-2012, 2:33 PM
Let me iron out my shoe laces first then I'd rush to post office to mail the check! yep....:facepalm:

FilmGuy
12-19-2012, 2:34 PM
Just renewed with the NRA the other day.

Also renewed with the California Rifle & Pistol Association, The Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America.

Sent some money into the Calguns Foundation as well...

morfeeis
12-19-2012, 2:37 PM
Now isn't the time. just join both.

Dear NRA
http://www.geekzenith.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

LBDamned
12-19-2012, 2:39 PM
I was a member years ago - but let membership expire and never renewed...

yesterday I signed up for 5 year membership... I agree, now is the time (more than ever) to support a strong voice for our rights.

Paladin
12-19-2012, 2:41 PM
Don't forget: NRA Annual Memberships make wonderful Christmas presents/stocking stuffers!

spetsnaz
12-19-2012, 2:41 PM
Im donating as we speak

Coded-Dude
12-19-2012, 2:42 PM
My next membership will be a lifetime membership to the second amendment foundation: http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=safdonation

Paladin
12-19-2012, 2:44 PM
Absolutely agree. What is it, 100 million legal gun owners, but only 5 million NRA members? It's shameful that there's even a need for an organization like the NRA, but that's reality - it's even more shameful that 95 million people are so cavalier about their rights.

The numbers I've come across are an est. 90M gun owners in the US and yet only ~4M NRA members. IOW, fewer than 1 in 20 gunnies is a NRA member! :mad:

Don't forget to throw extra money at the NRA-ILA since ALL their money goes to lobbying/pressuring federal and state (and local?), politicians to be pro-RKBA or at least not anti. The NRA, however, is limited on how much it can spend on lobbying, which is why they started the ILA.

Trenchfoot
12-19-2012, 2:44 PM

My theory is that some potential NRA members who may be socially and/or fiscally liberal get turned off by the NRA before they even do any research about what they are about. The reason? Well, I know I was a lurker to this forum for many months before actually joining and would read post after post about how people like me were destroying America, even though after 9/11 I stepped up and signed up to defend America. Obviously this doesn't account for 95million gun owners not being members of the NRA, but it could be a few million.

2A supporters come from every demographic in America, and I think that if we are going to fight this fight, we need everyone on board. And I think that it starts with us. There are Democrats in Congress that have a strong 2A voting record, and I think it is more productive to single out individual legislators as being against the 2A than painting all members of a political party with a broad brush.

sorensen440
12-19-2012, 2:45 PM
lol right....

Arreaux
12-19-2012, 2:47 PM
I was a member quite some time ago. Just renewed today!

joe_sun
12-19-2012, 2:48 PM
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thalex
12-19-2012, 2:51 PM
Thanks! I always wondered if there was an option for a membership sans magazines. Signed up and thank you!

pdq_wizzard
12-19-2012, 2:52 PM
Just re-uped yesterday both NRA and CRPA

need to add my son and wife next few days

I will be getting a life time if I ever get my $$ back on the group buy that went south.

winnre
12-19-2012, 2:54 PM
The numbers I've come across are an est. 90M gun owners in the US and yet only ~4M NRA members. IOW, fewer than 1 in 20 gunnies is a NRA member! :mad:

I cancelled the NRA because they put you on every junk mailing list from here to Helsinki.

pieeater
12-19-2012, 2:54 PM
They have an easy pay life and memberships also make great gifts.

LBDamned
12-19-2012, 3:00 PM
I cancelled the NRA because they put you on every junk mailing list from here to Helsinki.

I think that's why I didn't renew mine previously... this time if I see a bunch of garbage, I will call and ask to be removed from hard mail list... I don't mind junk email, it's less of a nuisance (easier to ignore).

However, I still felt it necessary to support right now.

joe_sun
12-19-2012, 3:03 PM
Just joined the SAF as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sorensen440
12-19-2012, 3:05 PM
You can opt out of that

SurfRider19
12-19-2012, 3:11 PM
payed for three more years of membership today. get me some freedom baby!

The Wingnut
12-19-2012, 3:20 PM
I'm waiting until after the 21st to see what their response will be. If it stinks even slighty of compromise, no-go.

LBDamned
12-19-2012, 3:22 PM
You can opt out of that

can you do that online? Or by phone?

schneiderguy
12-19-2012, 3:30 PM
Renewed my membership yesterday.

Luieburger
12-19-2012, 3:31 PM
Yep. Join now. Join SAF too if you can.

You can always talk the NRA down several hundred dollars on their life memberships too.

sar_man
12-19-2012, 3:58 PM
I was able to get my life membership for $300. When I called in and asked about it they said no problem. Just needed a current life member to "Sponser" me. In other words I gave them the name and city of a friend and that was it.

CCWFacts
12-19-2012, 4:05 PM
I'm a life member already.

But I know they are going to be in for a big big fight, and so I wanted to show my support. Posting on forums is cool but nothing matters as much as money.

I just donated $100 each to the NRA, the NRA Foundation (a non-profit), and CalGuns sunshine initiative.

Yeah that's enough money I will notice it in my monthly budget, but this time the fight is on and the NRA needs to know we want them to fight and not back down.

We will win in the courts here in California but we still need the NRA to help us win politically at the national level. The Heller ruling doesn't mean we can relax.

You can easily opt out of that. I don't get any of the junk mail except I do get American Rifleman because I like to thumb through that once a month. But you can opt out of that also if you want to.

CGT80
12-19-2012, 4:25 PM
I renewed last night. I have to be a member to get into a private range, and we need all the support we can get for the Pro 2A side. I opted out of their spam before and I sent them an email requesting to be opted out this time too.

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 4:54 PM

If a million gun owners joined the NRA right now it would make Washington take heed in a big way.

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 4:59 PM
My theory is that some potential NRA members who may be socially and/or fiscally liberal get turned off by the NRA before they even do any research about what they are about. The reason? Well, I know I was a lurker to this forum for many months before actually joining and would read post after post about how people like me were destroying America, even though after 9/11 I stepped up and signed up to defend America. Obviously this doesn't account for 95million gun owners not being members of the NRA, but it could be a few million.

2A supporters come from every demographic in America, and I think that if we are going to fight this fight, we need everyone on board. And I think that it starts with us. There are Democrats in Congress that have a strong 2A voting record, and I think it is more productive to single out individual legislators as being against the 2A than painting all members of a political party with a broad brush.

Amen. I couldn't agree more and what you mention does indeed need to be discussed. Right now the NRA needs a HUGE inflow of members. Particularly those apathetic "conservatives" that like to run their mouths and whine about pending doom when they could actually make a difference with $10.00 and 90 seconds of their time.

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 5:03 PM
Most of the comments are wonderful to hear! Sitting here, right now, the is nothing we can do that is more powerful in defense of our RKBA than to encourage people to join the NRA.

smle-man
12-19-2012, 5:07 PM
I joined in 1971 when I was 17. Wish I had gone the life member route back then.

12-19-2012, 5:14 PM
Waiting to hear what they have to say on Friday. I am all for reasonable gun measures but If they start caving to pressure and going along with absurd laws, I will pass.

Paladin
12-19-2012, 5:18 PM
But I know they are going to be in for a big big fight, and so I wanted to show my support. Posting on forums is cool but nothing matters as much as money and calling/emailing/writing to who they say to when they say to.

Fixed it for you. ;)

gsparesa
12-19-2012, 5:23 PM
The NRA needs to know we are behind the 2nd amendment and what it stands for. Does anyone have the "nerd knowledge" to make this "viral"?
Lest we forget:

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

John Dean "Jeff" Cooper

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 5:24 PM
Waiting to hear what they have to say on Friday. I am all for reasonable gun measures but If they start caving to pressure and going along with absurd laws, I will pass.

There will always be excuses to not joining the NRA. I suspect in almost all cases it comes down to the $$$ and making the actual effort.

One person was upset about junk mail. Others have already judged and written off the NRA. You are waiting to make your judgement. None of you get it.

No matter what happens this Friday or next Friday or ten Fridays from now, no matter how much junk mail you receive, a stronger NRA will benefit the preservation of our gun rights. There's nothing else you can do right now that will make more of a difference.

Try to tap-dance around that fact all you like but that won't change things for it's the truth. Now's not the time to argue. Now's the time to join the NRA.

anthonyca
12-19-2012, 5:30 PM

Truth!

I am a proud union member and some people on this site love to hate me for it. Sometimes gun owners are our own worst enemy. Many gun owners drive off potential supporters or curious newbies.

The NRA is actually probably the best single issue special interest group in the country. I was thinking about starting a thread about this also so I will leave it for later.

90 million gun owners, 4 million NRA members. EVERY gun owner needs to be a member of the NRA. No other gun lobby groups are listened to on capital hill. We need to give to NRA-ILA, Second Amendment Foundation, Calguns Foundation, and The Madison Society Foundation.

If for some reason you can't bring yourself to join the NRA, you need to join the other groups, even Gun Owners of America. But the NRA is the big one when comes to lobbing and voting politicians in or out.

To be a gun owner or second amendment supporter and not belong to or donate to the groups that keep your rights alive is being a freeloader. Get out of the cart and pull or the who damn cart will slid down the hill and off the cliff!

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 5:37 PM
I don't know what the number is, but if the NRA doubled or tripled in size, many of our concerns would be history.

Absurd you say! Adding 4 to 8 million new members!?! No way! Yet the gun owners population is somewhere between 90 and 100 million.

Gunhacker
12-19-2012, 6:20 PM
Amen. I couldn't agree more and what you mention does indeed need to be discussed. Right now the NRA needs a HUGE inflow of members. Particularly those apathetic "conservatives" that like to run their mouths and whine about pending doom when they could actually make a difference with $10.00 and 90 seconds of their time.

Well said... and if people are more concerned about getting junk mail (easily fixed, I no longer get any "junk" mailings from them) than their continued right to own a gun... there's a clear example of someone not being clear on the concept.

First off, I don't think the NRA wouldn't need to keep blanketing people with pleas for donations/membership if more gun owners would finally get with it and join up to help fill the coffers.

Over time as I could afford it, I worked my way up to being a Life Member, then Endowment... I take some personal satisfaction in thinking that perhaps some of my finanacial contributions went into the efforts that made the Heller decision happen.

We've already seen what apathy to 2A issues can bring in California, the rest of the gun owning community/nation needs to wake the hell up and stop taking a free ride at the expense of the rest of us.

Bottomline... Join a pro 2A group of your choice (hopefully the NRA), but just don't sit there and not do anything but gripe.

geeman01
12-19-2012, 6:21 PM
10/year and I dont plan to vote in nra elections or hold nra office positions and I dont care about the magazine.

Sounds like a deal to me.

bobgengeskahn
12-19-2012, 6:30 PM
Done.

speleogist
12-19-2012, 6:31 PM
TransplantTexan
12-19-2012, 6:55 PM
Well said... and if people are more concerned about getting junk mail (easily fixed, I no longer get any "junk" mailings from them) than their continued right to own a gun... there's a clear example of someone not being clear on the concept.

First off, I don't think the NRA wouldn't need to keep blanketing people with pleas for donations/membership if more gun owners would finally get with it and join up to help fill the coffers.

Over time as I could afford it, I worked my way up to being a Life Member, then Endowment... I take some personal satisfaction in thinking that perhaps some of my finanacial contributions went into the efforts that made the Heller decision happen.

We've already seen what apathy to 2A issues can bring in California, the rest of the gun owning community/nation needs to wake the hell up and stop taking a free ride at the expense of the rest of us.

Bottomline... Join a pro 2A group of your choice (hopefully the NRA), but just don't sit there and not do anything but gripe.

Gunhacker,
Nice post reminds me of Col. Jessup
wbF1UE6tRu0
but in a good way.
Joined NRA yesterday(2 years), gave a donation to CGF, order more mags, and bought my first Rock Chucker press today. Time for fence sitting is over. I'm going to stand a post.

LBDamned
12-19-2012, 7:14 PM
okay, I posted initially and stated that now is more important than ever for people to support the voice of our liberties.... Last night I signed up for 5 year membership (after letting mine expire years ago)...

But I'm getting tired of reading the pissy posts about those of us not wanting junk mail.

I use my physical mailing address for business purposes as well as private... it is a public facility that receives my mail... I am a private person in general - but also realize that there are people that don't understand the NRA (possibly the people that sort my mail)...

I don't want to read/hear the lectures about how I need to explain to the folks that sort my mail about the concept of 2A (there's a time and place for that and my mail location is not it).

So knock off the back-lash against those of us that don't want junk mail.

I can manage the email junk mail... I don't wan the physical crap that I throw directly in the trash anyway... one reason I receive mail the way I do is so I DONT get junk mail.

end rant.

MRX9989
12-19-2012, 7:29 PM
Just became a life member after being sponsored by a fellow Calguns member and also sent $50 to the 2A Foundation.

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 7:30 PM

I remember many, many years ago, off-road motorcyclists here in CA were lamenting the loss of prime riding areas -- much had been made off limits. At fault was the fact they never really organized and had a voice in Sacramento. They mentioned the success of the NRA as something they should have emulated.

So join up! ;)

finsfan21
12-19-2012, 7:34 PM
Just joined. Always thought about it but never did. Hope many others are inspired to do the same.

SpoonKiller
12-19-2012, 8:02 PM
I let my membership expire a few years back but it is time to get back in the game. I also sent GOA another $20, they're more my style and competition is good.

tomy85
12-19-2012, 8:06 PM
Just joined the NRA. I am ready to fight.

hornswaggled
12-19-2012, 8:50 PM
Now would be the time.

If you wait, we're done.

The opposition is gearing up to kick our asses. Help our team load up some magazines.

SanPedroShooter
12-19-2012, 8:53 PM
Don't forget: NRA Annual Memberships make wonderful Christmas presents/stocking stuffers!

I bought a half dozen. I do it every year.

I know the OP has me on ignore, and for good reason I suppose, but I agree.

Join up or shut up.

OIFVet03
12-19-2012, 8:55 PM
I'm an NRA Life of Duty member and proud of it!

USMC VET
12-19-2012, 8:59 PM
Now isn't the time to be picky...they are our largest voice on Capitol hill. Re-upped and signed my wife up.

wazdat
12-19-2012, 9:00 PM
I heard a statistic on the news tonight that said since the Connecticut shooting there have been 8000 new NRA memberships per day.

Reach out to your friends, family and fellow gun owners and encourage them to join.

Thebeeguy
12-19-2012, 9:16 PM
Just signed up. Trying to get the rest of my gun buddies to join!

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 9:18 PM
Now would be the time.

If you wait, we're done.

The opposition is gearing up to kick our asses. Help our team load up some magazines.

That's why those "I'll wait to see what they say on Friday" excuses ring so hollow. The time is NOW.

If LaPierre could say "since the massacre more than 100,000 Americans have joined the NRA", the entire nation would take notice.

timdotm
12-19-2012, 9:25 PM
I'm a shotgun fan, so....

NRA Life Member
CPRA Family Membership
CGF Contributer
CalGuns Contributer
CalFFL Member

And today re-joined Gun Owners of America

And today became Life /Defenders Club Member of The Second Amendment Foundation

Tomorrow, I'm signing up my kids for NRA memberships...

Hmmm.... What next?

interstellar
12-19-2012, 9:28 PM
Hmmm.... What next?

Support Assaulted.

www.AssaultedFilm.com

SanPedroShooter
12-19-2012, 9:32 PM
I heard a statistic on the news tonight that said since the Connecticut shooting there have been 8000 new NRA memberships per day.

Reach out to your friends, family and fellow gun owners and encourage them to join.

I was on the phone with the NRA operator on Saturday for about thirty minutes, and he said between the first membership I bought and the last one, there were 3000 inbetween.

acolytes
12-19-2012, 9:53 PM
No excuses not to join, if you value your gun rights. If you can't afford the higher membership packages, do the yearly membership. A one year NRA memberbership is the price of going out to dinner, or not even half a tank of gas for me.

jonnyogre
12-19-2012, 9:59 PM
Just signed up for a lifetime membership. I just got my first firearm last week and I will be damned if I lose it now.

timdotm
12-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Support Assaulted.

www.AssaultedFilm.com

Ok...

And Assaulted supporter!

12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
There will always be excuses to not joining the NRA. I suspect in almost all cases it comes down to the $$$ and making the actual effort.

The money isnt an issue, for me anyways. Another thing is why should we in CA do this? It appears to me the state is hell bent on screwing gun owners and treating us like criminals. Has the NRA stepped in on our behalf and challenged these unconstitutional laws in federal court? I ask honestly because I am a new gun owner. It doesnt seem to me the NRA has done anything to get these absurd laws that are a clear violation of our rights overturned in CA.

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 10:38 PM
The money isnt an issue, for me anyways. Another thing is why should we in CA do this? It appears to me the state is hell bent on screwing gun owners and treating us like criminals. Has the NRA stepped in on our behalf and challenged these unconstitutional laws in federal court? I ask honestly because I am a new gun owner. It doesnt seem to me the NRA has done anything to get these absurd laws that are a clear violation of our rights overturned in CA.

Spend the 90 seconds and pay the 10 bucks already. The NRA can't do it all but it does more than anyone else on ALL of our behalf. This isn't the time for debates and excuses. It's time to join up.

Excelsior
12-19-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm a shotgun fan, so....

NRA Life Member
CPRA Family Membership
CGF Contributer
CalGuns Contributer
CalFFL Member

And today re-joined Gun Owners of America

And today became Life /Defenders Club Member of The Second Amendment Foundation

Tomorrow, I'm signing up my kids for NRA memberships...

Hmmm.... What next?

Spread the word about joining the NRA. The $10.00 membership and on-line sign-up is very persuasive to some...

zedaristo
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Any Lifetime NRA member want to shoot me a PM so I can get a "sponsor"

bigcalidave
12-19-2012, 11:11 PM
NRA Needs your money now more than ever. Don't whine about getting a few pieces of mail, they need to do fundraising. If it didn't work, they wouldn't keep sending it out. I told them I don't want mail or calls, and I don't get any. It's christmas time, who's down to sponsor some memberships?

sholling
12-19-2012, 11:16 PM
can you do that online? Or by phone?

You can opt out by phone for sure that's how I did it.

bigcalidave
12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
There, join me and give away some NRA memberships. Sponsor someone else for $10.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=659652

NoHeavyHitter
12-19-2012, 11:28 PM

Sadly, that's what happened to me... My mailbox is only 4x4 and it's not going to "grow" - so being an NRA member soon became a huge liability towards the safe arrival of my other mail. I'd pay them an extra $10 if they would promise not to send me anything (no weekly "tag polls", magazines or other junk mail). :rolleyes: They only have themselves to blame for not offering an "opt-out" membership for folks that just want to join without all the mailings.

I get enough mail from them right now not even being a member! :facepalm: When they create the "I just wanna be left alone" membership - then I'll join.

bigcalidave
12-19-2012, 11:33 PM
They don't send junk mail if you call and ask. Its really not that hard, and it really is important!

'Rush'
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Joined thanks to bigcalidave!!

Bumslie
12-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Just joined...

tkjr
12-20-2012, 12:11 AM
I've been hitting up all my gun owning friends reminding them to join the NRA. We need a strong surge in membership now.

barracudamuscle
12-20-2012, 12:18 AM
A recent NRA life member, SAF Life member, and I just donated $100 to CGF Transaction Authorization Code 02054Z.

My money is better spent protecting our rights then on another weapon. I figure since Im still overseas and unable to buy more the least I can do and probably the most beneficial is put my money where my mouth is!

We all need to stand together as brothers and sisters to protect what our forefathers fought and did for so our children and their children will still have these rights.

myk
12-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Just joined!

pitbull30
12-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Just joined. I had let my membership lapse due to all the junk mail but im back in.

By the way dont forget there is a 25 buck membership also. 10 bucks off. Google it if this link doesnt work.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=XR020795

bigcalidave
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
There is a $10 membership option, use it to sign up everyone you can. If you can afford to go buy out the local gun shops to stock up for some legislation that hasn't even been introduced yet, you can afford to sign a few people up for the NRA to STOP that from ever happening.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=659652

Tempus
12-20-2012, 1:02 PM
Signed up for 3yr membership. I'm not normally a joiner, but I think its time.

bigcalidave
12-20-2012, 1:04 PM
You should be able to get a $25 gift card for bass pro shops with your $25 membership at this link

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy&EK=Y1CWPPAD&pubID=%20217.AAG&hid=4487688

Excelsior
12-20-2012, 9:40 PM
This is some wonderful insight from another forum. Wisdom that too many people are lacking:

Originally Posted by JohnKSa

"Membership levels are a HUGE part of the self-determination of how hard a line a rights advocacy group can take. If they walked in to the meeting with 40 million members behind them like AARP (who is anti-gun, by the way) they could write their own ticket and no one would be willing to buck therm. With only 4 million members, they can't take nearly as hard a line.

So, if you, and other non-members aren't happy with what you hear tomorrow, you need to realize that a large part of why they felt they had to compromise was because they didn't have the popular support to take a harder line.

People who want the NRA to take a hard line need to start their own private membership drives to push the membership levels higher. That's the only way the NRA can gain the power it needs to take the "no compromise" stance that many want to see."

mud99
12-21-2012, 4:07 PM
Just signed up 3 people.

toyotaguy
12-21-2012, 4:43 PM
Finally got my both my parents to join up tonight!

anthonyca
12-23-2012, 11:04 PM

The NRA sued San Francisco and won. The NRA sued a school district, or threatened to, when a student broke no laws and had a shotgun in his truck off of school grounds. The cops found it when a dog was doing checks for guns in parked cars.

With out the NRA, all lead ammo (standard affordable ammunition) would be banned here. The hunting situation would be even worse here and the BS condor zones would be expanded. Many ranges would have been closed. The NRA helps fund lawsuits to keep ranges open.

There are a lot of behind the scenes that happen with bills in Sacramento that the NRA does for us. The magazine restrictions would be MUCH worse with out them. Think felony for having a legally owned pre ban mag that you can't prove you owned. There would be no SSE.

These bills would be defeated if all California gun owners were members of the NRA.

California is the front line in this war. Imagine if all of the soldiers who stormed the beach at Normandy said they wanted to just go back to England and the USA because the Germans were hell bent on doing what they were doing and they had fortified the beach heads already.

You don't win wars in the rear! The rear supports the front lines. You take ground on the front line and win. Any Californian who is pro freedom and is not a member of the pro gun rights organizations and who doesn't contribute some money is complicit in the loss of our rights.

If you for some reason hate the NRA, join the Madison Society Foundation. Contribute to the Calguns Foundation. The best for our rights would be if you and all gun owners supported all of them.

anthonyca
12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
A recent NRA life member, SAF Life member, and I just donated $100 to CGF Transaction Authorization Code 02054Z.

My money is better spent protecting our rights then on another weapon. I figure since Im still overseas and unable to buy more the least I can do and probably the most beneficial is put my money where my mouth is!

We all need to stand together as brothers and sisters to protect what our forefathers fought and did for so our children and their children will still have these rights.

Thank you. Please also consider joining the Madison Society Foundation. The Madison Society Foundation provides funding and organization to some important cases. http://www.madison-society.org/

SIGSHOOTR
12-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Renewed my NRA membership and donated to CGN Foundation. While I don't agree with the NRA leadership (esp. the way LaPierre came out after CT shootings-- they need another spokesperson IMO) and political views, I support any organization that will look after my 2A Rights-- especially here in the PRK.

TheDM
12-29-2012, 4:33 AM

Probably. But we need a bigger and more powerful racket than they have, and it's already established. Just sayin'

robertmcm
12-29-2012, 5:38 PM
Benefactor NRA Member
life member Second Amendment Foundation
Life member Gun Owners of America
Member of the activist side of SAF- Citizens Committee For the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
On the local Friends of the NRA Committee

And I guarantee that I make less than most folks

I try to do something every year- this year it was the life membership in the GOA.
Always a few gift memberships

I do my best to sponsor folks life memberships in the NRA for 300$, with the added push for a 15$ membership in SAF
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556869

Was planning on upgrading to the Patron membership of SAF this year.
Might just have to do some more for the NRA though. I'm torn. My heart and belief is the SAF, but I'm thinking the fight this year will be in the lobbying area.

I don't always agree with the NRA, I line up a whole lot more with the GOA. But I also know which one is capable of turning the tide, more so than the other.

Purple K
12-29-2012, 5:49 PM
I just signed up as well, I'm gonna recommend all my friends do also.

Gift subscriptions for family and friends are great too.

Rider1k
12-29-2012, 5:52 PM
Joined today 2yr membership

donny douchebag
12-29-2012, 5:58 PM
Screw the NRA. I'll support them when they actually become effective, because based on the last 50 years they sure haven't been.

robertmcm
12-29-2012, 6:01 PM
Screw the NRA. I'll support them when they actually become effective, because based on the last 50 years they sure haven't been.

What group do you think is the group to support then?

acegunnr
12-29-2012, 6:01 PM
It helps when they can get their membership for FREE!

FREE! $25 NRA Membership - $25 Bass Pro Gift Card! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=10051833&posted=1#post10051833)

Tom Gresham
12-29-2012, 7:36 PM
As a recruiter for the NRA, I have a link on my web site for joining. Yes, it has the discounted price.

Then, I take the commission checks from the NRA and sign them over to the SAF.

Purchase an NRA membership and donate to the SAF!

In the courts, the SAF kicks rear ends. In Congress, there is only the NRA.

mike.h
12-29-2012, 7:42 PM
Way to go guys, :) I did my part by stepping up to life member.

I'll check out SAF and GOA, thanks for the heads up

gregorylucas
12-29-2012, 7:59 PM
To the folks saying that they get to much junk mail, I implore your look past that and rejoin.

I got my first NRA membership when I was 23 and I'm 34 now. I went the Life Membership route in 2010 because I realized at that time unless we all present a united front we are destined to defeat at the hands of the anti-gun lobby.

JOIN NRA!

-Greg

d_c_mar
12-29-2012, 8:09 PM
Any Lifetime NRA member want to shoot me a PM so I can get a "sponsor"

PM on its way. Anybody else, PM me. We need life members. Your membership builds capital. With a larger war chest and more members, the NRA has more influence.

Dan__

hawkxr7
12-29-2012, 8:17 PM
The NRA supports are second amendment rights and with the current political climate it is imperative that we support the National Rifle Association. I am sure my wife will like the camo range bag :)

USMCbassman
12-29-2012, 8:42 PM
Already a member of the NRA myself, thanks for leading me to the SAF and GOA!

Quick question: Why is it we never see or hear anything about the NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights)? Are they an effective organization?

USMCbassman
12-29-2012, 8:42 PM
Dang didn't realize I'd double posted...my bust!

robertmcm
12-30-2012, 7:19 AM
Already a member of the NRA myself, thanks for leading me to the SAF and GOA!

Quick question: Why is it we never see or hear anything about the NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights)? Are they an effective organization?

NAGR= nothing except a Facebook page. You can look up their IRS form 990

USMCbassman
12-31-2012, 8:27 AM
Thanks Robert...I'm glad I never sent them any money or joined then.

Hippies_Have_Guns_Too
12-31-2012, 8:54 AM
I use to be a member about 25yrs ago. Just rejoined again. :)

robertmcm
12-31-2012, 9:32 AM
Well, really been wanting to do the Patron thing for the SAF.
Instead I just joined the CCRKBA or the lobbying side of SAF as a lifer.

Since I am a benefactor life member of the NRA and at least a life member of every other gun rights group. I figured I would do one of the NRA gimmick deals or something

Golden Eagles or their Second Amendment Task Force. Just tried to call and they are closed.

robertmcm
12-31-2012, 9:32 AM
Well, really been wanting to do the Patron thing for the SAF.
Instead I just joined the CCRKBA or the lobbying side of SAF as a lifer.

Since I am a benefactor life member of the NRA and at least a life member of every other gun rights group. I figured I would do one of the NRA gimmick deals or something

Golden Eagles or their Second Amendment Task Force. Just tried to call and they are closed.

jccam
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
I just renewed my NRA membership, and my wife became a first-time member.

If you join up via the link on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk site, you get $10 off, and Tom donates a portion to the Second Amendment Foundation.

http://www.guntalk.com/site129.php

uyoga
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
This email was sent to everyone on my contacts list last week:

"I know some if not most of you are already members of the NRA.

Every person who owns a gun needs to be a member of the NRA. Now more than ever.

Yearly membership is $25.00. It is ALL about numbers.

So . . . . you do without a couple of lunches a year to help preserve the Constitution that is about to be shredded.

Not a bad deal. Really.

Click Here>> https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI023579"