PDA

View Full Version : Learn from My Mistakes

SilverTauron
12-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Last year I played legal eagle regarding SB249 and it only made a stronger bill at the end.As such we should consider all discussion regarding any details of an upcoming AWB to be confidential / classified material until its released next month as on official bill.We wouldn't talk about work related confidential business stuff online.I don't think holding our comments for a more important cause is all that hard,starting with myself.

navycorpsman
12-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Agreed

newglockster
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Sounds good!

nothinghere2c
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
yep

stix213
12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
We should also avoid any discussion of work arounds, even obvious ones, until the bill is ready to be signed or vetoed. They can still amend before then.

That includes "is this covered?" threads.

Californio
12-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I am donating and keeping my mouth shut.

hawk1
12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Get the admin and moderators on board.

There's always some legal know it all that doesn't care about loose lips...

donw
12-19-2012, 12:03 PM
good suggestion...

llamatrnr
12-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Good call, thanks.

Cali-V
12-19-2012, 12:08 PM
smart movie...

13withinfinity
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
I think we shouldnt say anything at all. That way if it does pass it can be ripped apart at the seams before it has a chance to go anywhere.

speedrrracer
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Donating + will be planting unconstitutional suggestions for the idiots writing the bill :D

Decoligny
12-19-2012, 12:33 PM
So long as they plan to ban clowns painted on guns, no problem. :rolleyes:

Clowns are just creepy. :eek:

CCWFacts
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I am donating and keeping my mouth shut.

Me too.

Thank you for placing your order. Your order number is 709

I think it's my 3rd sponsorship for LA County.

fonso
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Last year I played legal eagle regarding SB249 and it only made a stronger bill at the end.As such we should consider all discussion regarding any details of an upcoming AWB to be confidential / classified material until its released next month as on official bill.We wouldn't talk about work related confidential business stuff online.I don't think holding our comments for a more important cause is all that hard,starting with myself.

Thank you for the great suggestion. We really should not insist on shooting ourselves in the foot!!!

donny douchebag
12-19-2012, 1:18 PM
Well, I certainly agree that the less the OP posts the better.

SKSer
12-19-2012, 4:20 PM
What bill?? I thought I was on a forum discussing rainbow colored kittens...Wait did I just mention my second favorite internet forum.... :leaving:

Damn True
12-19-2012, 4:24 PM

That took stones.

Thanks, and I agree.

Schlyme
12-19-2012, 4:34 PM
Sounds like time for another CGF donation challenge. As well as spreading the word "Loose Lips Sink Ships"!

cranemech
12-19-2012, 5:16 PM
Good suggestion.

Sig worthy.

Glock22Fan
12-19-2012, 5:19 PM

And furthermore, and I will name no names, nobody should go up to Sacramento and conference with the legislator's aides on how the bill, as written, could be improved.

goodlookin1
12-19-2012, 5:27 PM
Damage is done from last year, I think. And even if we start talking after its official, they can still amend it last minute like they did last year.

I think there should be a forum section specifically made private for trusted individuals who obviously aren't on the anti side where we can discuss these things. On one hand, we need to know what these bills mean and talk in detail about them..... On the other hand, we can't discuss them openly and give away the farm. Maybe a 1000 post count minimum or something to ensure only the serious dedicated forum members can join and talk in private!

wildhawker
12-19-2012, 5:29 PM
Yep, because some of those know it alls had *nothing* to do with stopping SB 249... :rolleyes:

-Brandon

nishanh
12-19-2012, 7:59 PM
I know you all hate my Warhammer-isms, but:

"Knowledge is Power. Guard it Well"

Turbinator
12-19-2012, 8:05 PM

Count me in. Report any suspect posts and we will deal with them.

Turby

snowdog650
12-19-2012, 8:09 PM
This should be a sticky and mandatory reading before being allowed to post in the 2nd A forum.

Drivedabizness
12-19-2012, 8:20 PM
Guess what ...the nature of "spot bills" is that they can be run and then "gut and ammend" at the last moment with no notice.

You guys speculating will have NILL effect on what happens. The only REAL effect will be the message that can be conveyed to Perez/Stienberg/Brown about the potential costs of passing anything that infringes on our rights. Of those 3, JB is the only one who will even consider the Constitutionality of what they might do and even that won't matter that much to him.

Legal challenges are the only thing that will derail the coming juggernaut - God help us.

SilverTauron
12-19-2012, 8:28 PM
Guess what ...the nature of "spot bills" is that they can be run and then "gut and ammend" at the last moment with no notice.

You guys speculating will have NILL effect on what happens. The only REAL effect will be the message that can be conveyed to Perez/Stienberg/Brown about the potential costs of passing anything that infringes on our rights. Of those 3, JB is the only one who will even consider the Constitutionality of what they might do and even that won't matter that much to him.

Legal challenges are the only thing that will derail the coming juggernaut - God help us.
Hence the need for absolute security of information.I learned more about gun regulation in ten minutes on Calguns then I ever learned in government class.There are some bright and exceptionally knowledgeable people on this forum,which presents a problem because all this knowledge can be acessed by anyone with a functional Internet connection-including antis.

The best way to ensure we don't buy the rope which hangs us is to lock down any discussion of legal matters while the laws are capable of being modified.Questions about workarounds and loopholes are best discussed in the event it becomes law-after the opposition is powerless to stop any work around we devise.

taperxz
12-19-2012, 8:39 PM
Hence the need for absolute security of information.I learned more about gun regulation in ten minutes on Calguns then I ever learned in government class.There are some bright and exceptionally knowledgeable people on this forum,which presents a problem because all this knowledge can be acessed by anyone with a functional Internet connection-including antis.

The best way to ensure we don't buy the rope which hangs us is to lock down any discussion of legal matters while the laws are capable of being modified.Questions about workarounds and loopholes are best discussed in the event it becomes law-after the opposition is powerless to stop any work around we devise.

You guys are paranoid! Yee's 249 bill was crafted and changed by reading this forum. Some of it was written so poorly that even Yee's own peers turned it down before it even got to a vote.

Most of this is because of the poor and mixed messages they got from this site. Calguns posters had so much mixed up information it left their office thinking that all the wrong people were right.

Posting more mixed up information will in fact have the same affect. The only thing we don't want them to know about is how we will get around any new law that they pass. Which we will.

HonkingAntelope
12-19-2012, 8:44 PM
Amen to that. We all know the bad guys are using this tragedy for a balls-out push for gun restrictions while the public opinion is still hot, and there is no need to make their job any easier than it already is.

Seventh7
12-19-2012, 10:14 PM

Totally agree. Hopefully moderators will keep the forum clean.