PDA

View Full Version : Press Enterprise Poll (San Bernardino) - Should Teachers be Armed

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
http://blog.pe.com/schools/2012/12/19/schools-should-teachers-carry-guns-on-campus/

Stats now......

57% Yes. If properly trained, these school staff members could protect students and halt a mass shooting incident.

29% No. Teachers and school staff should not be allowed to bring guns to campuses under any circumstances. The risk of harming an innocent student is too high.

14% I don't know.

troysland
12-19-2012, 10:10 AM
82% yes.

CortoPasta
12-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds cool, but I would be more surprised if people didn't favor guns for teachers in the Inland Empire/San Berdoo area

Zimz
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
80% yes, 10% no.

stix213
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
now 80% yes

12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I voted yes but it will never happen. In fact, with these new bills being introduced, if they pass, I can see CA just one step closer to banning ANY semi-auto firearm. CA does not seem to care about our rights and liberties and these should all be challenged in federal court.

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
I voted yes but it will never happen. In fact, with these new bills being introduced, if they pass, I can see CA just one step closer to banning ANY semi-auto firearm. CA does not seem to care about our rights and liberties and these should all be challenged in federal court.

That would make for an easy lawsuit........... Paging :gura:

Coded-Dude
12-19-2012, 11:25 AM
90% - Yes. If properly trained, these school staff members could protect students and halt a mass shooting incident.

7% - No. Teachers and school staff should not be allowed to bring guns to campuses under any circumstances. The risk of harming an innocent student is too high.

3% - I don't know.

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I just hit submit and the poll changed to 'are you going to dress up like an elf this year?'

Well, are you?

newbee1111
12-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Has anyone bothered to ask teachers if they want to be armed?

three dogs
12-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Probably not. Went back and tried again and it seemed to work, but didn't show the results.

hawk1
12-19-2012, 11:58 AM
90% Yes. If properly trained, these school staff members could protect students and halt a mass shooting incident.

7% No. Teachers and school staff should not be allowed to bring guns to campuses under any circumstances. The risk of harming an innocent student is too high.

3% I don't know.

105 responses

tcrpe
12-19-2012, 11:58 AM
If teachers are armed, will the number of teachers shot by other teachers in petty squabbles in a give year exceed the number of students who may be shot in attacks?

I voted "no".

FF/EMT Nick
12-19-2012, 12:07 PM
If teachers are armed, will the number of teachers shot by other teachers in petty squabbles in a give year exceed the number of students who may be shot in attacks?

I voted "no".

Not sure if serious?

navycorpsman
12-19-2012, 12:19 PM

I voted "no".

That where i disagree cause anyone can shoot anyone in a squabble. So i fail to see your point

Grumpyoldretiredcop
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM

I voted "no".

I fail to understand the reasoning here.

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM

I voted "no".

:ban:

Renaissance Redneck
12-19-2012, 1:22 PM

I voted "no".
Makes no sense. If somebody wants to shoot somebody at a school, they will bring a gun and shoot somebody at a school. So who cares if they have a legal concealed gun or not? If they want to commit a murder, they can do it, CCW or no. School shootings of late prove this; the shooters didn't have CCW's either.

Your premise is ridiculous.

victor1echo
12-19-2012, 2:34 PM
I am a teacher, and I will be armed in the Classroom! I plan on getting my school board to pay for it but we'll see about that part. My logic is it is way cheaper to pay for me to take a class and the permit--under $400, then any other money they spend on security.

tcrpe
12-19-2012, 2:38 PM
Makes no sense. If somebody wants to shoot somebody at a school, they will bring a gun and shoot somebody at a school. So who cares if they have a legal concealed gun or not? If they want to commit a murder, they can do it, CCW or no. School shootings of late prove this; the shooters didn't have CCW's either.

Your premise is ridiculous.

Gun laws aren't the answer. Boxing up the psychos is.

problemchild
12-19-2012, 2:46 PM
93%
Yes.

navycorpsman
12-19-2012, 3:46 PM
I am a teacher, and I will be armed in the Classroom! I plan on getting my school board to pay for it but we'll see about that part. My logic is it is way cheaper to pay for me to take a class and the permit--under $400, then any other money they spend on security.

You should contact your congressman and tell him this also

POLICESTATE
12-19-2012, 3:54 PM
Should teachers or other school staff be allowed to carry guns on school campuses to protect themselves and their students?

94% Yes. If properly trained, these school staff members could protect students and halt a mass shooting incident.
5% No. Teachers and school staff should not be allowed to bring guns to campuses under any circumstances. The risk of harming an innocent student is too high.
1% I don't know.