PDA

View Full Version : House Dem: 'Turn in your guns'

winnre
12-19-2012, 9:42 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/273753-house-dem-calls-on-people-to-turn-in-your-guns

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Wednesday afternoon urged people to turn in their guns, arguing it would be an appropriate response to last week's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"I would personally just say to those who are listening, maybe you want to turn in your guns," Jackson Lee said on the House floor. "Oh no, I'm not going to take your guns. But look at what Dick's Sporting Goods did they wanted to be part of the solution and part of America."

Dick's Sporting Goods announced this week that it would stop selling and displaying guns at its store closest to Newtown, and would suspend the sale of modern sporting rifles nation-wide out of respect for the victims of the shooting.

"We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community," the chain said in a statement on its website. "We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy."

While Jackson Lee said she would not take guns away from people, she noted that she is the sponsor of legislation, H.R. 227. That bill would raise the eligibility to carry a handgun from 18 to 21, and ban people under 21 from possessing semiautomatic assault weapons.

Her bill, the Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act, would also increase penalties for repeat violations of gun possession under the Brady Act, and prohibit the keeping of a loaded firearm in any premises where there is a risk that the firearm could harm a child.

She encouraged House members to support her bill, which was introduced in January 2011 and at this point has no cosponsors.
"Let us mourn with action," she said.

navycorpsman
12-19-2012, 9:47 AM
All dicks did was lose my buisness and respect because any gun dealer that breaks under pressure for no reason and doesnt support the 2nd amendment is whats wrong with this country today

SilverTauron
12-19-2012, 9:49 AM
Wasn't this the hag who tried to attach nationwide gun registration to HR822?

Dokbrick
12-19-2012, 9:57 AM
Pandering at its finest. Why can't people understand the firearm has nothing to do with any of these tragedies. Its the person behind the gun. Anyone who shoots up a school or any public place is ****ing nuts and does not portray the general gun owner population. This sensationalized media bull**** has to end. They exploit the dead and the grieving for their own gain and push radical agendas without a second thought. Im just a young chap of about 24, but I feel like the America I once knew has completely been reduced to a pile of ashes. My heart breaks at this tragedy. We must band together now in the moment of attack and defend our INALIENABLE RIGHTS as guaranteed by our Constitution.

speedrrracer
12-19-2012, 9:59 AM
What idiots her constituents must be. Then again, we're talking Texas, so to mention idiocy is redundant.

Yes, to make what he did "more illegal" is surely effective action. :facepalm:

The Gleam
12-19-2012, 10:01 AM
All dicks did was lose my buisness and respect because any gun dealer that breaks under pressure for no reason and doesnt support the 2nd amendment is whats wrong with this country today

DICKS... "living up to our name."

Tactical951
12-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Pandering at its finest. Why can't people understand the firearm has nothing to do with any of these tragedies. Its the person behind the gun. Anyone who shoots up a school or any public place is ****ing nuts and does not portray the general gun owner population. This sensationalized media bull**** has to end. They exploit the dead and the grieving for their own gain and push radical agendas without a second thought. Im just a young chap of about 24, but I feel like the America I once knew has completely been reduced to a pile of ashes. My heart breaks at this tragedy. We must band together now in the moment of attack and defend our INALIENABLE RIGHTS as guaranteed by our Constitution.

Iam with you man!!

winnre
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Isn't this the same woman who refuses to say the Pledge?

SWalt
12-19-2012, 10:06 AM
What idiots her constituents must be. Then again, we're talking Texas, so to mention idiocy is redundant.

Yes, to make what he did "more illegal" is surely effective action. :facepalm:

And those Texans re elect Feinstein every chance they get. And thats by the whole state!

:facepalm:

stix213
12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm convinced, heading to the PD to drop them all off.

warbunker
12-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Best thing to do is turn all of our guns in then, getting mine all together so I can go to my local police station and turn them in. If that is what our elected leaders want us to do then we should all just do as we are told and not ask questions. It is for the greater good.

Lone_Gunman
12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
American gun owner to house Dem- "Suck a meaty :censored:".

Stalin321
12-19-2012, 10:24 AM
^That.
yea I think I will go ahead and turn in thousands of dollars in guns and also my 2nd amendment along with it. Oh and here is piece of America to go with that.

Lets see how long it will take for my guns to be in fast and furious or over seas in the damn Lybia helping more terrorists...it's ok my self preservation and defense can wait. I'll just wait patiently here in my house with all my valuables laid out on the floor with an arrow pointing to my house saying "come take my things and my life".

Untamed1972
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/273753-house-dem-calls-on-people-to-turn-in-your-gunsHer bill, the Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act, would also increase penalties for repeat violations of gun possession under the Brady Act, and prohibit the keeping of a loaded firearm in any premises where there is a risk that the firearm could harm a child.

So you will only have a 2A right to protecting yourself, even in your home according to the anti's reading of Heller, if you choose to remain childless?

So if you have children....prolly the thing you'd want to protect most in the world, you must surrender your right and ability to do so?

These people are genuinely INSANE!

krazz
12-19-2012, 10:29 AM
I agree...in fact, I hereby volunteer myself to come pick up your guns and dipose of them properly.

stix213
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree...in fact, I hereby volunteer myself to come pick up your guns and dipose of them properly.

How kind :p

chuckdc
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
to the odious Ms. Jackson-Lee: Come and take them!

CEDaytonaRydr
12-19-2012, 10:35 AM

As soon as I found out that they stocked guns in other states, but not CA, I stoped going. To hell with 'em! Big 5 has most of the stuff I need anyway...

12-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Surprising coming from Texas. Isnt that usually a very gun friendly state? One high school there just allowed anyone including teachers with their cpl to carry on campus.

bbogert
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Not gonna do it.

wildhawker
12-19-2012, 10:42 AM
DICKS... "living up to our name."

Lol!

-Brandon

rplusplus
12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
To support this... We need to have a list of Cal-Gunners standing by the phones ready to go and accept all these guns that other do not want anymore.

It's for the children!

bbogert
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
To support this... We need to have a list of Cal-Gunners standing by the phones ready to go and accept all these guns that other do not want anymore.

It's for the children!

We'll give you up to $200.00 for any gun worth $400.00 or more!

1-800-I'll-tkum - call now.

seattletocali
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
If this is really a Knee Jerk reaction to the tragedy in CT then as we are turning in our guns, we should turn in our Autistic and loner children at the same time.

To be fair the tragedy could not have happened without both an Autistic mentally unstable child and his mothers legally obtained guns. If the American public is not trusted enough by Obama to own guns then how can we be trusted to raise potentially dangerous Autistic children too?

Our rights as citizens are a dangerous subject to be taking away, because where do we stop? Take away cars because drunk drivers use them to kill? If you do not like the way the wind is shifting donate to calguns or the NRA.

hornswaggled
12-19-2012, 10:52 AM
No problem, right after police and military turn in theirs.

advocatusdiaboli
12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
"prohibit the keeping of a loaded firearm in any premises where there is a risk that the firearm could harm a child."

So pretty much any home with a family including any child of any age living at home or any child visiting—even for the day. Not to mention since bullets can travel a mile, any hoem with children in the neighborhood within a mile. And I thought CA politicians had the "stupid market" cornered. They need to change their motto: "Texas: it's a mess".

nothinghere2c
12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I tried to turn all mine in but lost them in a boating accident on my way to the station

nothinghere2c
12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I tried to turn all mine in but lost them in a boating accident on my way to the station

Librarian
12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Thread drift.

Original post, showing silliness from a US Representative, was appropriate.

Just as she is one of the Usual Gang of Idiots (sorry, Mad Magazine), the following posts have mostly been the Usual Responses.

Closed.