PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT!!!! The answer to gun control!!! Revised.

jmpgnr24k
12-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I propose to impose a tax on EVERY American since we're all concerned on safety to give every American an automatic periodic background check so when you go to purchase a firearm or ammunition you swipe your ID and you're either approved or denied. It'll work in states with or without waiting periods. The checks happen automatically every month or 3 months or whatever makes sense. That way everybody pays to help stop what happened in Conn........probably even the crazies and the criminals pay taxes at one point or another.

I'd pay whatever amount a year to be a be able to be a responsible , law abiding, gun owning citizen and own whatever I want. Which I do for free now.
America, $%^& yeah.

Or more simply put:
Suppose you buy a gun once or every 3 months or whatever. You have to wait your 10 day period for background for each seperate purchase. They Don't know what youre buying only that you're applying for a background check because you are planning to buy a firearm.
Now, same exact process, no different, no new Information than what they already have, no information on what you bought. Only now it's done once a month or whatever whether you do or don't purchase something. That way your existing record( which they already have) is always current not just when you buy something( which is what takes all the time because they have to search your record) but all the time and you pay a yearly fee for this service. Thereby making it easier for governing authorities to allow you to have or purchase more
Than if the service didn't exist. They would not know what you have bought or own. Only know that your constantly updated background record ( that you have to do anyway) says you are able to purchase a firearm on constantly updated basis. Swiping your ID would only confirm your are legal to purchase a firearm. Only your ID # is sent that is responded with a yes or no. No information on what you bought. That's also makes it better for you because now when ever you do a background check, they know you're buying some kind of firearm. Not what type but they know you wouldn't be applying if you didn't plan to. This way it like basically applying with the same check only on a periodic basis. This would be allowable to me with these requirements.
1. Eradicate the 10 day waiting period. They will have the same info as now only on a constantly updated basis. So no waiting period is needed.
2. Allow me to buy whatever I want. Ex. High caps, assalt rifles, except for fully autos. (That's a whole other subject)

And there are other requirements I'm sure that can be brought up.(like the bullet button) It's not a perfect plan, or totally though out just yet, BUT, It's a better idea than just straight out banning us from our gun rights and allowing the criminals to still have high caps or scary rifles all without bulletin buttons even in the name of public safety. And would probably reduce the amount of criminals or crazies that can buy a firearm.
It's not the answer just an idea. Better than just *****ing about how the politicians are taking away our gun rights.

KLF
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
We have a similar concept in place for cigarettes. We tax the living bejeezus out of them to discourage use and also to fund effort to remediate harm from use of a known-death-causing-substance. This amounts to a use-tax for continued use of something dangerous. I don't think that this is prima facie unreasonable when applied to ammunition. Perhaps an infrastructure could be created and funded this way to help prevent crazies from doing stuff like this. Something like the DMV maybe, which is an infrastructure that prevents crazies from having access to dangerous things namely cars.

bohoki
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
yea i say have a tax on everyone and background check everybody and anybody not allowed to have firearms they stamp their head with a giant stamp "unsafe"

bbogert
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
It should be a tattoo really, or else they might wipe it off. There should also be a tax, on the tax to fund the infrastructure to support this, and another tax for the new gov. agency that will be responsible for administering and monitoring.

safewaysecurity
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
He stole the guns from his mom what part of that do you guys not get? It wasn't the failure of the background checks or gun show loophole nonsense. He stole them and murdered the owner. Non of this talk would have stopped anything.

SilverTauron
12-19-2012, 10:53 AM
I propose to impose a tax on EVERY American since we're all concerned on safety to give every American an automatic periodic background check so when you go to purchase a firearm or ammunition you swipe your ID and you're either approved or denied. It'll work in states with or without waiting periods. The checks happen automatically every month or 3 months or whatever makes sense. That way everybody pays to help stop what happened in Conn........probably even the crazies and the criminals pay taxes at one point or another.

I'd pay whatever amount a year to be a be able to be a responsible , law abiding, gun owning citizen and own whatever I want. Which I do for free now.
America, f--k yeah.

Bad news people, the Brady System is a farce.

Its only as reliable as the data the FBI receives from states and cities-which means someone in a courthouse or police station has to sit down and mail/fax warrant and mental health papers to the NICS HQ.

BTW,who exactly is going to be doing the "review" checks? The local police department? The State Attorney General? You don't want Kamala Harris authorizing a point of sale gun purchase.All these agencies need do to deny your rights is to claim a "paper backlog". New Jersey gun owners are dealing with that problem after Hurricane Sandy. One county is claiming the mental health papers needed to finish a pistol permit have been destroyed, so gun owners in this county with outstanding applications have to wait 6 months. The problem is that the NJ State Police have hardcopies and the county could finish the apps with one phone call to the capitol, but they'd rather obstruct people's rights as much as possible.

a1c
12-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Bad news people, the Brady System is a farce.

Its only as reliable as the data the FBI receives from states and cities-which means someone in a courthouse or police station has to sit down and mail/fax warrant and mental health papers to the NICS HQ.

BTW,who exactly is going to be doing the "review" checks? The local police department? The State Attorney General? You don't want Kamala Harris authorizing a point of sale gun purchase.All these agencies need do to deny your rights is to claim a "paper backlog". New Jersey gun owners are dealing with that problem after Hurricane Sandy. One county is claiming the mental health papers needed to finish a pistol permit have been destroyed, so gun owners in this county with outstanding applications have to wait 6 months. The problem is that the NJ State Police have hardcopies and the county could finish the apps with one phone call to the capitol, but they'd rather obstruct people's rights as much as possible.

Look into the APPS - they just published a press release yesterday.

Not only does the DOJ cross-reference new handgun DROS data against existing 5150 and other prohibited persons databases, but it will ping the DOJ if a newly prohibited person has RAWs or registered handguns, prompting a seizure.

And I actually don't have a problem with that.

jmpgnr24k
12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I figured it would be the same system as used now just automatized. It would require and initial investment of money for it to go operational. AND the tax would be applied to everyone not just gun owners.
But I do agree my idea is stupid like the rest, but just less stupid. While gun laws will never stop crazies and criminals at least it will appease the anti-gun people and let me buy what I want.

ParanoidCivilian
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I figured it would be the same system as used now just automatized. It would require and initial investment of money for it to go operational. But I do agree my idea is stupid like the rest, but just less stupid. While gun laws will never stop crazies and criminals at least it will appease the anti-gun people and let me buy what I want.

Do us a favor and try not to think.

jmpgnr24k
12-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Paranoid, do us a favor and don't post.

Rossi357
12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
He stole the guns from his mom what part of that do you guys not get? It wasn't the failure of the background checks or gun show loophole nonsense. He stole them and murdered the owner. Non of this talk would have stopped anything.

He probably killed her because she tried to stop him. Just my guess.

DonFerrando
12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Ain't gonna stop what happened in Conn., nothing is. But sure, I'll pay up. We'll all be taxed into poverty come January anyways so who cares.

Moonshine
12-19-2012, 12:39 PM
The answer is already here: make existing gun owners so paranoid that we buy enough additional guns to keep the shops sold out so no one can get a gun :)!

STR8HEATED
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Thats why gun owners NEED to lock their guns up where nobody can get to them but the owner. Its the responsibility of being a gun owner. I know people that have a few guns but too cheap to buy a safe. A good safe at that.

Whiterabbit
12-19-2012, 2:17 PM
We have a similar concept in place for cigarettes. We tax the living bejeezus out of them to discourage use and also to fund effort to remediate harm from use of a known-death-causing-substance. This amounts to a use-tax for continued use of something dangerous. I don't think that this is prima facie unreasonable when applied to ammunition. Perhaps an infrastructure could be created and funded this way to help prevent crazies from doing stuff like this. Something like the DMV maybe, which is an infrastructure that prevents crazies from having access to dangerous things namely cars.

Sounds good. charge the crap out of ammo and use the money to fund research on lead poisoning. You can defer that to help the condors, too.

That way, the criminals can continue to buy one box of cheap ammo and shoot up a school, but the target shooters have to stop cause it's too expensive to practice.

While we are at it, we've just admitted shooting is not just acutely dangerous but has severe long term effects. That means your insurance needs to be adjusted too. If you are a smoker, check here so your premium goes up. If you own a firearm, check here so your premium also goes up.

CEDaytonaRydr
12-19-2012, 2:18 PM
The "Regressives" will agree with you on the taxation part....

...and then they'll ban our guns anyway. :rolleyes:

gorenut
12-19-2012, 2:43 PM
He probably killed her because she tried to stop him. Just my guess.

Apparently she was gonna check him into a psych ward, which is what started his rampage. Dunno why she'd tell him that and then leave all the guns laying around.

morfeeis
12-19-2012, 3:07 PM

America, f--k yeah.
I'm not sure how to say this, are you f-ing crazy? you want some government shrink to look into our lives every three months to say "yes he can have a gun" or " no he's to crazy to buy a gun". My 2A rights were given to me by God not The US of A.

Curley Red
12-19-2012, 3:52 PM
A new tax? Are you serious? That is all we need is more taxes because some person didn't lock up their firearms. I really hope you are kidding.

jmpgnr24k
12-19-2012, 5:44 PM
I'm not sure how to say this, are you f-ing crazy? you want some government shrink to look into our lives every three months to say "yes he can have a gun" or " no he's to crazy to buy a gun". My 2A rights were given to me by God not The US of A.

I know how to say this , "do you live in a cave?"Every time you purchase a firearm here they already do. I'm not talking about a database on what guns you own. Just on whether or not you can purchase guns or ammo. The same database they already use and that you're subjected to, now only automated. The same computer they have now but instead of only being initiated when you apply to purchase a firearm, it does it automatically every so often. That way you can own and purchase what ever you want when ever. Or what are you doing that you wouldn't want that. Should you be owning guns? I'm not a criminal- got nothing to hide. If it means me being able to own what ever I want "so be it". In states that allow you to have fully auto firearms you have to agree to tell the fed where you store the guns and that they can come inspect your home for them. I'm cool with that. Let me own fully autos. And worry about a new tax? ( This is not towards you morf but applies) you mean you'd rather not pay a tax and be told what you can't own? With the rising prices on ammo, guns, and parts because of this coming legislation you already are indirectly paying a tax on increased prices but not getting sh*t out of it. Thats why I say for a tax not on firearms and ammo but on our income tax so we all pay including non-gun owners. With all the no thought knee jerk reactions such as your post ( sorry morf, you're right low blow) we stand to lose a lot. AND pay for it. Bottom line is gun owners are going to pay for someone who didn't lock their guns, and we're gonna pay. So why not pay and get something back. The fake security anti-gunners want and no hassles for me to own what I want.

tcd511
12-19-2012, 5:49 PM
So what your saying is you want to fund the federal government so that they can grow even bigger and become more intrusive in our lives??? Thats your fix? Thanks....but no thanks.

America, f--k yeah.

jmpgnr24k
12-19-2012, 5:55 PM
The "Regressives" will agree with you on the taxation part....

...and then they'll ban our guns anyway. :rolleyes:

Ha. For sure.

fdamods
12-19-2012, 6:00 PM
no.

SMR510
12-19-2012, 6:42 PM
They get enough of my money as it is...I am good off giving them more to preserve a civil right that is guaranteed by the constitution of this country.

big ron
12-19-2012, 6:55 PM

:facepalm: wrong, the 2A was made possable by the founding fathers of the united states of america

Guntech
12-19-2012, 6:56 PM

America, f--k yeah.

Yeah and every time you swipe your ID they know what your buying and how much. How bout we have the jack booted thugs come and tear our houses apart every three months and search everything too? :facepalm: Sounds like facism to me.

goodlookin1
12-19-2012, 7:05 PM
:facepalm: wrong, the 2A was made possable by the founding fathers of the united states of america

You must be riding the FAIL boat

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/failboat.jpg

six seven tango
12-19-2012, 7:09 PM
So basically, you just want to give the gubmint the green light to tax a RIGHT. What's next? A tax on free speech? How bout a tax on religion, based on what your religion is, or isn't. If it's not on the gubmint approved religion list you get taxed double.

Freedom is not free, but the exercise of our constitutionally guaranteed rights are.

Gunlawyer
12-19-2012, 8:41 PM

America, f--k yeah.

Or more simply put:
Suppose you buy a gun once or every 3 months or whatever. You have to wait your 10 day period for background for each seperate purchase. They Don't know what youre buying only that you're applying for a background check because you are planning to buy a firearm.
Now, same exact process, no different, no new Information than what they already have, no information on what you bought. Only now it's done once a month or whatever whether you do or don't purchase something. That way your existing record( which they already have) is always current not just when you buy something( which is what takes all the time because they have to search your record) but all the time and you pay a yearly fee for this service. Thereby making it easier for governing authorities to allow you to have or purchase more
Than if the service didn't exist. They would not know what you have bought or own. Only know that your constantly updated background record ( that you have to do anyway) says you are able to purchase a firearm on constantly updated basis. Swiping your ID would only confirm your are legal to purchase a firearm. Only your ID # is sent that is responded with a yes or no. No information on what you bought. That's also makes it better for you because now when ever you do a background check, they know you're buying some kind of firearm. Not what type but they know you wouldn't be applying if you didn't plan to. This way it like basically applying with the same check only on a periodic basis. This would be allowable to me with these requirements.
1. Eradicate the 10 day waiting period. They will have the same info as now only on a constantly updated basis. So no waiting period is needed.
2. Allow me to buy whatever I want. Ex. High caps, assalt rifles, except for fully autos. (That's a whole other subject)

And there are other requirements I'm sure that can be brought up.(like the bullet button) It's not a perfect plan, or totally though out just yet, BUT, It's a better idea than just straight out banning us from our gun rights and allowing the criminals to still have high caps or scary rifles all without bulletin buttons even in the name of public safety. And would probably reduce the amount of criminals or crazies that can buy a firearm.
It's not the answer just an idea. Better than just *****ing about how the politicians are taking away our gun rights.

Oh yea more taxes that will fix it. NOT! Ridiculous idea. Allow people to carry concealed all over including schools who pass background checks and limted training classes on weapons and concealed carry say every five years renewals then would have much less of this. Taxes taxes taxes. Oh yea me liberal friend-NOT!

Gunlawyer
12-19-2012, 8:43 PM
So basically, you just want to give the gubmint the green light to tax a RIGHT. What's next? A tax on free speech? How bout a tax on religion, based on what your religion is, or isn't. If it's not on the gubmint approved religion list you get taxed double.

Freedom is not free, but the exercise of our constitutionally guaranteed rights are.

Very well said. I agree wholeheartedly.

kbenson
12-19-2012, 8:45 PM
A new tax? Are you serious? That is all we need is more taxes because some person didn't lock up their firearms. I really hope you are kidding.

I don't think the new tax is all far fetched (especially in the land of JB)

Here is what "might" work.

All gun owners required to store weapons @ a access controlled station. (i.e. firing range) u want your gun? bring id (finger print scan?) and they will sign out the weapon. Done 4 the day? return to the CS (control station)

Do I like this idea? Not really, but it would help prevent a registered owner (or someone who has access to same) from committing a crime with them.

Now the ? of home defense. I suppose a BB bat would have to work:o

kcjr1125
12-19-2012, 9:15 PM
Got to have a give and take here. Take away rifles? Give EVERYONE ccw's

SilverTauron
12-19-2012, 9:20 PM
Got to have a give and take here. Take away rifles? Give EVERYONE ccw's

Incorrect.A give and take situation is only possible when common ground can be established.A civil right has nothing in common with a state granted privilege.

bohoki
12-19-2012, 10:51 PM
It should be a tattoo really, or else they might wipe it off. There should also be a tax, on the tax to fund the infrastructure to support this, and another tax for the new gov. agency that will be responsible for administering and monitoring.

naa since it will require a background check every 10 days incase of any changes in status it wont have time to wear off

MattyB
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM

The framers wrote it down, they did not make it possible.

Beyond that you deserve having someone facepalm you for spewing such uneducated trash.

God gave you the right to protect yourself, not a bunch of guys that died 200 years ago.