PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!

DennisCA
12-19-2012, 8:28 AM
I just read in the newspaper where legislators are proposing:

* 10-day waiting period and a background check for a ammo purchase

* Annual registration for gun owners

That's just few, I'm sure more are coming!
CA all ready has some of the most restrictive laws in the country and it may get more restrictive! Remember - in Sacramento the democrats (most of them liberal) have a "super majority". For those who don't know what that means is one party (in this case the democrats) have such a majority that the other side cannot do anything, including filibustering. The democrats can ram any legislation through and I'm sure governor moon-beam will sign it.

With that in mind, we start to be proactive - in other words:
START WRITING!B]
Not just your rep but all of them (including the gov)! This is going to take a collective effort, don't have the attitude: "someone else will do it". I seriously fear that are rights for owning a gun (ove any kind) is in jeopardy!
[B]Don't wait for these bills to come for a vote - it will be too late then!

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO SIT ON THE SIDE LINES!

Paladin
12-19-2012, 3:17 PM
I call, email, write, fax only when the NRA or CGN/CGF says to. Why?

If we individually call/other when we want, there's a slow, steady dribble (background noise), that antis can ignore.

What I love to imagine is our NRA reps in Sacto trying to "persuade" a legislator to do things our way, the legislator says no, and then the reps say, "well, you'll hear from our membership tomorrow," and then that legislator's phone lines get tied up ALL DAY NON-STOP! That's what gets their attention -- showing that the NRA IS US, not just our reps/lobbyists. That we're an army of "Minutemen" just awaiting our orders to attack and that we NEVER FORGET our friends or our enemies. :chris:

SunTzu
12-19-2012, 4:06 PM
The time has always been. When blacks were denied firearms (hey I'm white). When the NFA was enacted ( I don't own one). When the GCA of 1968 passed ( I'm not a felon and I'm white). When the assault weapons ban passed ( I don't own those evil black things). When the domestic violence ban became law( I ain't no wife beater). To many have sat idly by watching the rights of others being infringed. Not realizing its the road that will justify the taking of the theirs.

nhgaudreau
12-19-2012, 4:59 PM
I'd love to start calling/writing my reps, but I want to sound as intelligent as possible obviously. While I do consider myself smart, I have never involved myself in politics until now, so I don't know what kinds of things they listen to, if any.

Basically, what I'm asking is, what kinds of things should I write/say when I get in contact with senators and congresspeople? What kinds of questions should I be asking? How can I best get my concerns across? Thanks.

mt4design
12-19-2012, 5:49 PM
I think it would be much better to organize and show up en mass in Sacramento or DC and peacefully march to show we can come together in numbers... peacefully.

It may give perspective to what can be done if the voices of the willing become pressed to speak uh... louder out of necessity.

Mike

Moonshine
12-19-2012, 5:55 PM
I was going to say something here but then I realized if I did it would only help them. SO LETS BE CAREFUL WHAT WE SAY. Save the talking for our reps and attorneys.

fdamods
12-19-2012, 5:56 PM
I also read in the newspaper that the world is going to end friday

wjc
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
BTW, you can thank our old buddy Kevin deLeon for this travesty.

I don't think he's actually submitted a bill yet.

NotEnufGarage
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
It's premature to call or write before the legislation has been written and published for all to read.

How can you make an intelligent argument against something if you don't know what it is you're opposing?

For now, build up your warchest. Gather names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers of all your representatives and senators (state and federal). Identify their positions on the issues. It doesn't do any good to come down hard on a legislator who already opposes what you oppose. Start saving up a few extra days off and maybe a few bucks for gas, meals and hotels in the event a rally somewhere is called for. Be ready for the call when it comes.

OIFVet03
12-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I would like the email addresses so I know where to send them. I will have my dad help me. He is pretty good at writing letters like this. He has done it quite a bit before.

10mmOutdoors
12-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I was going to say something here but then I realized if I did it would only help them. SO LETS BE CAREFUL WHAT WE SAY. Save the talking for our reps and attorneys.

Informed, factual comments couldn't hurt. Feinstein , Boxer and Pelosi are going to actively push their agenda while emotions are still high. I will do what I can to fight their agenda.

Sadly, as heart breaking the CT. school shooting is, there have been 77 of 315,000,000 people in the U.S. murdered in public mass shootings this year. Hardly an epidemic as portrayed by politicians and news media. You may have heard that the shooting at the mall, in Clackamas, Oregon was thwarted by a man carrying a concealed firearm. Has this information made the national news? I haven't seen it.

If they wish to use children to tug at the heartstrings of Americans then why not get behind this:

Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Every year 3.3 million reports of child abuse are made in the United States involving nearly 6 million children (a report can include multiple children). The United States has the worst record in the industrialized nation losing five children every day due to abuse-related deaths. 1

1825 children die each year from abuse. Where's the public outrage? Just sayin'

5thgen4runner
12-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I also read in the newspaper that the world is going to end friday

This