PDA

View Full Version : What happened to CGF?

Satex
12-19-2012, 6:24 AM
Over the past several months CGF and its most active members seem to have gone silent. BWeiss seems to be keeping a low profile too.
Anything going on?

eville
12-19-2012, 6:27 AM
I think they are busy defending gun rights and don't have the time to hang out on CGN.

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 6:39 AM
I think they are busy defending gun rights and don't have the time to hang out on CGN.

:yes:Busy, very busy.... :yes:

NEWS at 11:00 or :twoweeks:

fizux
12-19-2012, 6:42 AM
They seemed very busy two weeks ago after the oral arguments -- busy auctioning off a car.

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 6:59 AM
They seemed very busy two weeks ago after the oral arguments -- busy auctioning off a car.

Yea... Someone is going to take you seriously...

They were joking about a Zastava Koral (YUGO), maybe the worst automobile ever manufactured....

hoffmang
12-19-2012, 1:33 PM
Put simply we've been busy. Personally I've had some additional unusual family burdens that eat into my time to post here. Remember that all the work you see at the end of the day has to keep going as court deadlines don't stop. As such, my time to lurk here decreases.

My understanding is the Bill is trying to get a product launch complete so he doesn't spend his holidays in Taiwan.

You're going to see some of the work we have been doing in a big way very shortly.

-Gene

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 2:17 PM
Put simply we've been busy. Personally I've had some additional unusual family burdens that eat into my time to post here. Remember that all the work you see at the end of the day has to keep going as court deadlines don't stop. As such, my time to lurk here decreases.

My understanding is the Bill is trying to get a product launch complete so he doesn't spend his holidays in Taiwan.

You're going to see some of the work we have been doing in a big way very shortly.

-Gene

Gene, you're such a tease....

HowardW56
12-19-2012, 2:18 PM

-Gene

Gene, you're such a tease....

smogcity
12-19-2012, 2:43 PM
Thanks for all you do, now more than ever!

nothinghere2c
12-19-2012, 2:52 PM

-Gene

:twoweeks:

nothinghere2c
12-19-2012, 2:53 PM
but really, thanks for all the work you guys are doing.

scobun
12-19-2012, 2:58 PM
Send in your money, fellas. I put in $25 yesterday. They need it now more than ever.

Vlad 11
12-19-2012, 4:39 PM
Yes, Thank You

This is one of those times where "Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

hoffmang
12-19-2012, 4:53 PM
Teasing is at an end. You'd be amazed how many hours it takes for something like this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57560147/a-gun-enthusiast-explains-his-hobby/

-Gene

NoJoke
12-19-2012, 5:11 PM
Over the past several months CGF and its most active members seem to have gone silent. BWeiss seems to be keeping a low profile too.
Anything going on?

Many seemed alive and well in San Fran Dec 6th!

:beer::beer:

dls
12-19-2012, 5:18 PM
Teasing is at an end. You'd be amazed how many hours it takes for something like this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57560147/a-gun-enthusiast-explains-his-hobby/

-Gene

Caught that out of the corner of my eye as I was shaving.
I was like WTH !
Nice job.

soopafly
12-19-2012, 5:23 PM

-Gene

I noticed they used a graphic of an ACR when referring to AR-15s.

Well, that's closer than before, I guess.

kaligaran
12-19-2012, 5:24 PM

-Gene

Great video Gene.

Well articulated.

BTW, what range is that you were shooting at?

hoffmang
12-19-2012, 5:36 PM
Great video Gene.

Well articulated.

BTW, what range is that you were shooting at?

They don't want to be known, but I'm a member there. I'll allow you to read between the lines and ask no one to actually post it.

-Gene

kedenimar
12-19-2012, 5:58 PM
thank you for all your efforts, Mr. Hoffman. God Bless you and yours this holiday season. :)

Scarecrow Repair
12-19-2012, 8:02 PM
Busy as he is, he needs to learn how to hold his gun right. Damned amateurs!

Some smart commenters on CBS. I will have to pay attention to them for more brilliant insight.

NotEnufGarage
12-19-2012, 9:07 PM

-Gene

I'm so disappointed... That great big safe and only 15 guns?

Nice piece..

ColdDeadHands1
12-19-2012, 9:24 PM
I am very, very disappointed with Gene. People, I'm not really sure he is on our side in all of this. The nice news man reported that Gene only has plans to add TWO more guns to his meager collection. How can we get behind a leader with such shallow long term goals?

:tt2:

DeanC
12-19-2012, 9:31 PM

-Gene

Nicely done, Gene. Thank you.

ps. Reminds me I need to buy the magnifier for my Aimpoint... ;)

ford_nut
12-19-2012, 10:17 PM

-Gene
I love it when you talk like that :D

SWalt
12-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Very nicely done. A reasonable/rational man with an reasonable firearm!

As other have said....thanks for all the work you and others do at CGF!

kaligaran
12-19-2012, 11:17 PM
They don't want to be known, but I'm a member there. I'll allow you to read between the lines and ask no one to actually post it.

-Gene

I just realized the location. I go there often. I just didn't recognize it from the angle.

If I see you out there sometime, I'll say 'hi'. :)

hoffmang
12-19-2012, 11:27 PM
:whistling:
I am very, very disappointed with Gene. People, I'm not really sure he is on our side in all of this. The nice news man reported that Gene only has plans to add TWO more guns to his meager collection. How can we get behind a leader with such shallow long term goals?

Heh. See, If I told you what I'm in the market for you would all just shark me on the forsale forums...
ps. Reminds me I need to buy the magnifier for my Aimpoint... ;)
The 3x on the swing out mount is just awesome. That is my favorite rifle bar none. It's an RRA pencil barrel free floated under that. So light and so accurate and does almost everything I'd ever need to do from a target practice and self defense perspective with that 3X.
I just realized the location. I go there often. I just didn't recognize it from the angle.

If I see you out there sometime, I'll say 'hi'. :)
Yep. That's it. I'm down on the end to make sure that the couple of other members out that (member's only) day aren't accidentally on camera.

-Gene

Scarecrow Repair
12-20-2012, 7:48 AM

Nice piece..

Are you aware that Gene used to have a boat?