PDA

View Full Version : About suspending RIGHTS?

rexblaine
12-19-2012, 1:40 AM
Maybe someone can explain this.

A right is granted by (insert whatever you take for god or natural providence), and the bill of rights simply illustrates that fact and instructs us to respect them.

Suspending or revoking rights by definition is impossible, since as rights you're a fool to accept them as privileges.

Why does this not stand up under our rule of law?

Why would anyone accept suspension of rights as just, or revocation as even possible?

Eldraque
12-19-2012, 1:54 AM
perspective

stix213
12-19-2012, 2:14 AM
Because the rights grabbers claim it wasn't your right all along. It was all a big missunderstanding. Your rights end at your front door and with anything that can possibly shoot more than 1 round a minute, in their world.

stingray4540
12-19-2012, 3:15 AM
Because no one defends there rights.

If someone came into your house and tried to tie you up and take you away in there car, what would you do?

Why don't you do it when it actually happens? (i.e. being arrested for carrying a firearm, fined by FCC for practicing free speech, etc...) Better yet, you actually choose not to exercise those rights for fear of what will happen, knowing you don't have the balls to defend yourself, and no one will come running to help defend you.

sjm9877
12-19-2012, 6:52 AM
^^^
This

LockJaw
12-19-2012, 7:28 AM
Why do extreme leftists push to deny God a place in our society? Could it because our Constitution states our Rights are God given? Could it be because if you deny that the Rights are God given, it allows you to now revoke them?

Meplat
12-19-2012, 8:15 AM
The founders did not say rights where God given. They said that rights of men are “endowed by their creator” for a reason. Your creator is what or who ever you perceive it to be. In other words, you have rights simply by virtue of the fact that you were created. If you once were not, and now you are, it follows that you were created. Therefore you have rights. I believe that God was my creator, but YMMV, the existence of God is not required for the existence of rights.

Why do extreme leftists push to deny God a place in our society? Could it because our Constitution states our Rights are God given? Could it be because if you deny that the Rights are God given, it allows you to now revoke them?

LockJaw
12-19-2012, 11:11 AM
The founders did not say rights where God given. They said that rights of men are “endowed by their creator” for a reason. Your creator is what or who ever you perceive it to be. In other words, you have rights simply by virtue of the fact that you were created. If you once were not, and now you are, it follows that you were created. Therefore you have rights. I believe that God was my creator, but YMMV, the existence of God is not required for the existence of rights.

Well maybe we all should back the right wing conservatives that push the idea that God created the earth in 7 days. :D
Either way you just know that there are those out there planning and scheming on ways to justify a repeal of the Second Amendment.

This should not be taken as my belief that there is enough votes to make this happen at this time, but vigilance is always needed on our part.