PDA

View Full Version : Casual observation guys, a good one.

nicki
12-18-2012, 9:48 PM
Looked at the bottom under stats and the number of Calgunners has jumped, today we hit a record of over 6 thousand visitors.

We have 27 thousand active users, when I first joined a few years back, we had less than 10K active users.

Overall member numbers are now over 127K.

The antis are ironically doing us a favor, more people are buying guns before they are banned and hopefully they will get involved and protect their investment.

What this means is the sky will fall, but not on us, on our opponents.;)

Yes we will have battles, but ultimately we are going to be stronger.

Ultimately this tragedy will result in more gun sales, more CCW permits and ultimately a reduction in violent crime across the country.

We will never get back those 20 children who are lost, but if the anti's keep things up, it is my believe that ultimately the number of murders of innocents in our country will far surpass the number of lives that were lost because of increased gun ownership, increased ccw permits, reduction in gun free zones and hopefully motivation to address and fix our failed mental health system.

Nicki

Doheny
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
I think you're being overly optimistic. Plus, you contradict yourself with this statement:

The antis are ironically doing us a favor, more people are buying guns before they are banned and hopefully they will get involved and protect their investment.

If certain guns are to be banned, how could that make gun owners stronger?

Damn True
12-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Has there been any effort to distribute CGF business cards or flyers to gunshops across the state with a request to encourage new buyers join the advocacy moment?

stingray4540
12-19-2012, 12:15 AM
The antis are ironically doing us a favor, more people are buying guns because they fear they will be banned and hopefully they will get involved and protect their investment.

Nicki

I think you're being overly optimistic. Plus, you contradict yourself with this statement:

Fixed it. I think Nicki is saying that in fear of type x firearm not being available next year, then people go out and buy them. Because they now own one, they are more interested in keeping there ability to buy more and thus supporting the opposition of gun control. Therefore, by threatening to ban something, you create more owners of that object willing to defend it.

If that makes any more sense...

Also, don't forget Nicki, a certain number of those members are anti's come to troll, or just keep tabs on whats going on on our side of the fence.

colossians323
12-19-2012, 5:28 AM
I think you're being overly optimistic. Plus, you contradict yourself with this statement: I think optimism is okay and we need to feed optimism, looking for the wolf that is wearing sheeps clothing.

If certain guns are to be banned, how could that make gun owners stronger? I believe they won't be banned or this will actually be the straw that breaks the camels back.......................the threat alone is enough to get your average joe involved where before he might be complacent.

wildhawker
12-19-2012, 5:42 AM
Has there been any effort to distribute CGF business cards or flyers to gunshops across the state with a request to encourage new buyers join the advocacy moment?

Make sure to ping abailey at calgunsfoundation.org with your contact info; we have something set for for Jan.

-Brandon

vantec08
12-19-2012, 6:10 AM
I like it, nicki, but everything is contingent oh who the hustler-in-chief appoints to SCOTUS. I guarantee at least one seat will become vacant.

SKSer
12-19-2012, 6:23 AM

I guarantee there are people out there that are emptying their savings or trying to sell things they wouldn't normally consider selling just so they can go buy an AR before a possible ban. These people are not doing this just to turn around and turn it in after a ban. Also the more people that have a vested interest, the more people that are gonna fight against a ban. Its like buying "assault weapon" shares.

Mulay El Raisuli
12-19-2012, 7:57 AM
Make sure to ping abailey at calgunsfoundation.org with your contact info; we have something set for for Jan.

-Brandon

Goody!

The Raisuli

Damn True
12-19-2012, 9:05 AM

-Brandon

Would that be via the volunteer@ email address provided on the website?

Decoligny
12-19-2012, 9:34 AM

Quote:

I think he meant that more people are buying guns due to the fear of a gun ban being implemented. It is the buying of more guns that is an overall positive thing for us, not the possibility of a gun ban actually being implemented.

Bill Carson
12-19-2012, 9:38 AM
Fixed it. I think Nicki is saying that in fear of type x firearm not being available next year, then people go out and buy them. Because they now own one, they are more interested in keeping there ability to buy more and thus supporting the opposition of gun control. Therefore, by threatening to ban something, you create more owners of that object willing to defend it.

If that makes any more sense...

Also, don't forget Nicki, a certain number of those members are anti's come to troll, or just keep tabs on whats going on on our side of the fence.

This