PDA

View Full Version : Assault Weapons Ban in exchange for unrestricted shall issue CCW proposal.

socalbud
12-18-2012, 8:11 PM
I think the best case scenario for an assault weapons ban is that the government buys back these assault weapons from people that purchased them, or they are able to trade them in for handguns.

After that is done, I think a place that gun enthusiasts can meet in the middle is allowing CCW permits to all law abiding citizens that apply for it. How many here would be willing to give up their assault rifles in exchange for all of us to be able to get a CCW permit?

Take away assault weapons but let us have ccw permits so that we can reasonably protect ourselves! Even if you have to make the age for ccw permit carriers, to say 28 and up, that's fine.

I think that is one way where we can meet in the middle. Take away all assault weapons, but force all states to be "unrestricted" "shall issue" states like Arizona...and make it so that all handguns can be purchased...no rosters etc. What would you guys think about that? Pretty fair?

scobun
12-18-2012, 8:12 PM
Pretty stupid. You can't give up a God given right. I won't trade one for the other, I'll take both.

thayne
12-18-2012, 8:14 PM
Most retarded idea of the day....

unusedusername
12-18-2012, 8:15 PM
Unless you are able to convince me that the people that want to ban guns will suddenly stop trying to ban them, then I will not willingly give one inch.

Far, far too many inches have already been willingly given up, especially in California.

SilverTauron
12-18-2012, 8:17 PM
I think the best case scenario for an assault weapons ban is that the government buys back these assault weapons from people that purchased them, or they are able to trade them in for handguns.

After that is done, I think a place that gun enthusiasts can meet in the middle is allowing CCW permits to all law abiding citizens that apply for it. How many here would be willing to give up their assault rifles in exchange for all of us to be able to get a CCW permit?

Take away assault weapons but let us have ccw permits so that we can reasonably protect ourselves! Even if you have to make the age for ccw permit carriers, to say 28 and up, that's fine.

I think that is one way where we can meet in the middle. Take away all assault weapons, but force all states to be "unrestricted" "shall issue" states like Arizona...and make it so that all handguns can be purchased...no rosters etc. What would you guys think about that? Pretty fair?

O how I weep for the Republic!

Tell me this genius, just what handguns do you think we're gonna be carrying under this "universal CCW permit" ? Two shot derringers? Every handgun today with a detachable magazine is being targeted for contraband by the latest AWB proposal by Feinstein.

Heres how your great plan would turn out in the place known as "The Real World". We agree to an AWB in exchange for Shall Issue National CCW. 2 years later the permits are amended into uselessness by "executive order".

Then we have no guns, no ccw, and no right to keep and bear arms.

With all due respect, f**k your proposal.

wjc
12-18-2012, 8:19 PM
Not...one...inch.

mag360
12-18-2012, 8:20 PM
NO. FULL STOP.

please hang around on the forums a bit more, i recognize you are new to this debate and this forum.

Please donate and join the NRA, we need to buckle up for a big fight.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=9950671

Moonshine
12-18-2012, 8:22 PM
Gun grabbers don't compromise, they take. When they can't get what they want they whine. They'd never offer universal CCW in exchange for what they want, especially when they're this close to getting it in some blue states, CA is right now putting forward legislation that makes the UK, Canadian, and Australian gun laws look generous.

shooter5
12-18-2012, 8:24 PM
Um no offense man, but this is just delusional..

We wont get another inch from the FEDS..

They can and will only take.

National un-restricted conceal carry? Your kidding right?

Never happen... even with full republican control..

Only the Supreme Court can save us or return rights stolen from us on a FED or STATE level..

And no I wont "give up" anything.. Nor should you..

Once you "give" up your rights you don't get them back.

duane_black
12-18-2012, 8:25 PM

:confused:

Some of us live in states that are already shall issue, and carry daily.

Why would I give up my Colt 6920 again ?

Vepr 54R
12-18-2012, 8:26 PM
Hey SocalBud, I actually like your idea (probably won't happen though). BTW I tried to post something earlier that acknowledges a coming AWB and got hammered too.

socalbud
12-18-2012, 8:26 PM
It's an alternative to just losing assault weapons for good, and not having the ability to own a CCW. What good are assault weapons in a safe at home any way? With a CCW permit you can legally, reasonably protect your life wherever you go.

war veteran
12-18-2012, 8:28 PM
"Assault Rifles" bans today will take away our semi autos... Later it will be "sniper rifle" ban to take away our bolt/lever actions... They'll find a way to get rid of handguns if you let them take our rifles away.

Foulball
12-18-2012, 8:29 PM
NOT.ONE.INCH.

NORCAL#1
12-18-2012, 8:31 PM
Stupidest thread ever!!!!

NoNOS67
12-18-2012, 8:32 PM
Unacceptable. Absolutely NOT!

splitmx
12-18-2012, 8:34 PM
GREAT IDEA!!!!!

NOT!

I keep my guns. All of them. Thanks. Bye.

Fellblade
12-18-2012, 8:34 PM
Keep the camel's nose out of the tent.

NoNOS67
12-18-2012, 8:37 PM
Hey SocalBud, I actually like your idea (probably won't happen though). BTW I tried to post something earlier that acknowledges a coming AWB and got hammered too.

Yeah, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

I am sure to take a fair ammount of flak for this, but I actually hope CA gun laws get adopted nationwide.

bbogert
12-18-2012, 8:38 PM
May seem good in theory, but I completely agree w/others that once you give an inch, they WILL take a mile. It may be a year or two down the road, but it would happen.

I really don't think any politician who is for AWB would go for an exchange anyway.

bbogert
Dupe!

BroncoBob
Nope

Cobrafreak
12-18-2012, 8:40 PM
Never give up anything. Period.

tankerman
12-18-2012, 8:40 PM
Why is this in 2nd amend?

Librarian
12-18-2012, 8:43 PM
Closed, before the pile-on gets painful.

For the record, I don't think this is a good idea, either.